I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

This has to be the most complicated SUB I have ever encountered. And you are correct that I totally spaced the same year requirement.

How valuable is the FNC? Is it easy to use? I keep reading about people trying to find good redemptions for various FNCs (admittedly I don't follow too closely b/c I don't have any cards besides now the Hyatt that involve FNCs).

It's good for a cat 1-4 so it just depends on if you have plans that have a place you can use it. I often use mine for the hyatt house when I go to DLR. Waiting to get his years to book a night in Boston.

Hilton's fnc aren't restricted which is where I feel like you hear more about the app. Like I've used mine at Conrad Osaka but I've also used it at Hilton garden Inn for a DLR trip.

Both serve my needs but I also don't worry as much about cpp and more about just not paying $.

I had this happen with my SW card. Statement credit didn’t post after 3 billing cycles. I also was told to call. She said she could see the offer attached to my account, but for some reason it didn’t post automatically. She pushed it through manually and it showed up within a week.
Thanks! That's reassuring. I'll call. Hopefully my offer is attached.

A weird question: do you reply to the SM that says they will match? Like maybe, "Great, thanks!" or do you just not reply? Wondering whether it's polite or a hassle for them to receive a reply . . .
I don't reply, I i don't even know if the same agent will be the one reading the reply. And overall it just seems like more work for them.

I don't reply, I i don't even know if the same agent will be the one reading the reply. And overall it just seems like more work for them.

Even with work emails I go by this most of the time. If you answered my question and I was then able to finish the task and you got copied on the subsequent email I sent out, that's my thanks. Unless I need to know you received it, I don't want your thank you email, I get enough emails without it. I do sometimes send them but I would rather not add more clutter to someone's box.

I'm going to be cancelling DH's plat at the end of this month. I've been putting our cell phone on his plat for the insurance. Are there other cards that have insurance if paid with them? If not, I'll probably put back on the CIC for 5x points.
If you have one, I put our cell bill on our Delta plat for the insurance. If not, I think there are other Chase cards that cell insurance too. I was looking at one of our other Chase cards benefits the other day and I think I remember seeing the cell insurance. Sorry I don't remember which one it was - maybe one of the IHG's????

are you guys using support links and then matching the 90k?

This is my question as well. Once approved, the new cards don't usually show up in my account. I have to wait until the card comes to setup the online account.

On a different note, my DH applied for a CIP as a sole prop on 1/2/24 and was approved with a $6K limit. After the card arrived, I had him call and transfer credit from another INK (which was under our LLC account). Spend is already done.

It's good for a cat 1-4 so it just depends on if you have plans that have a place you can use it. I often use mine for the hyatt house when I go to DLR. Waiting to get his years to book a night in Boston.

Hilton's fnc aren't restricted which is where I feel like you hear more about the app. Like I've used mine at Conrad Osaka but I've also used it at Hilton garden Inn for a DLR trip.

Both serve my needs but I also don't worry as much about cpp and more about just not paying $.

Not much option for a cat 1-4 in Boston unless you're staying out of town - just the Hyatt Regency Cambridge which is over by MIT. Stayed there a couple times, it is OK (but just OK) and a little less convenient to get around.

Not much option for a cat 1-4 in Boston unless you're staying out of town - just the Hyatt Regency Cambridge which is over by MIT. Stayed there a couple times, it is OK (but just OK) and a little less convenient to get around.

HR boston harbor is a cat 4 and has a hotel shuttle. It's just for one night before we fly home the next morning. We're coming back down from Salem so not concerned with the location that much.

I've got tye HR boston for our 4 nights before we go to Salem for 3.

If you have one, I put our cell bill on our Delta plat for the insurance. If not, I think there are other Chase cards that cell insurance too. I was looking at one of our other Chase cards benefits the other day and I think I remember seeing the cell insurance. Sorry I don't remember which one it was - maybe one of the IHG's????
Thanks! I have the IHG, I'll check it out!

HR boston harbor is a cat 4 and has a hotel shuttle. It's just for one night before we fly home the next morning. We're coming back down from Salem so not concerned with the location that much.

I've got tye HR boston for our 4 nights before we go to Salem for 3.

Ah yes - I always forget about that one as its out by the airport. I spent a pre-flight night there in 2022 (on points) and got upgraded to a suite. Shame I was only in the room about 7 hours.

Currently in the BKK airport waiting for my flight to Chiang Mai. I am sad to be leaving the Rosewood, I really enjoyed my stay there. Room was nice and quiet, a/c was excellent, staff was superb, food was top notch (I had a $100 credit from the Virtuoso agent I booked through which covered 2 amazing dinners!) and the bed was sublime. I‘d stay here again without hesitation.

Yesterday I booked a private tour “Bangkok’s most Instamgrammable Sites”. It was okay. We went to 3 temples: the marble temple, the metal temple and the biggie, Wat Arun. The BTS doesn’t get close to any of these so having a guide and driver was clutch on a short stay in Bangkok. I wish we had done Wat Arun first because by the time we arrived there around 11:15am, it was scorching hot and very crowded. Since they are fussy about covering shoulders and knees while visiting it really makes one feel the heat. After walking through the grounds and up some of the steepest stairs I have ever seen to the second level (no handrails, which made coming down…interesting!) we took the boat back to the mainland and had lunch at a very popular local Thai restaurant. I shrimp pad Thai and it was delicious. But after having some shrimp the night before I have decided that I don’t particularly enjoy the taste of shrimp here.

Next up we drove to the flower market, which is one of the places locals go to get flowers for offerings at temples. The food market is at the back of this market and it was interesting, but nowhere I would buy anything. Motorized scooters and bicycles ride through the market, so one has to be careful to stay to the sides of the path lest you get hit!

After the flower market we went to one of the “most instagrammable“ cafes in Bangkok. It was above a flower shop and I would not have seen it because there isn’t a sign! The had some tables set up with lovely arrangements above them with some very cool chandeliers hanging overhead. It was really nice and a welcome break from the heat.

Chinatown was the last place for the day and it was fascinating. We have a huge Chinatown at home, but this one was nothing like anything we have at home! We walked through the stalls in the main section and the wholesale area. I bought some finger watches — never seen anything like them! Not fancy, but definitely unique.

I was glad to be back at the Rosewood after the tour because there was no a/c on the backseat of the SUV and I was pretty uncomfortable. I asked if we could move to a vehicle with a/c in the back but that never happened. For the drive back to the hotel the guide sat in the backseat and felt the heat, then noticed that the air vent behind the back row of seats was closed. Ugh.

Anyhow, a few pics of the various sites:

Marble Temple
IMG_6091.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

Wedding blessing inside of the Marble Temple
IMG_6061.jpeg

Metal Temple:
IMG_6130.jpeg

IMG_6119.jpeg

Wat Arun:

IMG_6188.jpeg

IMG_6237.jpeg

IMG_6200.jpeg

IMG_6288.jpeg

IMG_6363.jpeg

Last night I thought about going back to Wat Arun to see the sunset behind it, but couldn’t convince myself to (it would’ve involved the BTS, then a transfer to the subway and both would’ve been packed because it would have been at rush hour). So I decided to go to Lumpini Park, similar to Central Park, it’s a huge park inside the city. Seemed pretty easy, the BTS to the BRT. But it wasn’t that easy because I couldn’t find the BRT! Since it was starting to get dark and I knew that I didn’t want to be alone in the park at night, I went back to the hotel for dinner, but not before taking the time to quickly wander through the high-end shopping mall (Chanel, Gucci, Kenzo, etc.).

Since I was up bright and early this morning I decided to take a run to the park and I am so glad that it did! It only took 10 minutes to get there and I was able to use the outdoor gym and do a quick circuit around the park. I found the pond where there are monitor lizards and was lucky enough to see 1 large and a baby on land and a few swimming in the pond! Ran back to the Rosewood, finished packing up and had breakfast before my ride to the airport arrived.

IMG_6454.jpeg

Questions for CSR experts.
I want to do the CSR downgrade before paying my annual fee while also upgrading a CF to a CSR.
1. How long should I wait after downgrading the CSR before then upgrading the CF?
2. I have quite a few UR that are currently attached to the CSR. Should I move them to a completely different card before these changes?
3. I have used the $300 travel credit. Anything else I am not thinking of?
4. Has anyone been denied upgrading? I can’t live without a CSR. I find too much value.

Thank you to all who can share advice!

Disney's treatment of Swolphin right now is bizarre. They get Deluxe evening hours but then their busses have to go to the TTC with the riff raff.

And aren't tons of people doing this? I have to assume Yacht's MK buses are getting clogged up from Swolphin guests. It was already a known trick leaving the parks to grab any crescent lake bus if yours isn't coming. Now there are just fewer buses for that crowd.
This was about whether the buses from the Yacht Club to the Magic Kingdom are getting clogged up with guests from Swan and Dolphin (because Yacht Club buses go directly to Magic Kingdom, and Swan/Dolphin buses go to Transportation & Ticket Center).

Not everybody staying at Swan/Dolphin knows about this option.

And some of the people who do know about this option, particularly those staying at the Swan, will go to BoardWalk rather than Yacht Club to get on a bus because it's closer.

If you are waiting to get on a bus at Yacht Club or BoardWalk, I don't think you will know if the people around you are staying at your resort or not. People from Swan/Dolphin would walk in the door at the back of the lobby, walk through the lobby, then walk out the front of the lobby to go out to the bus stop. If you're already outside, you just see people coming out the front door; you don't know where their room is. So if the bus seems crowded, Yacht Club guests would just assume that a lot of Yacht Club people wanted to go to MK at the same time as they did; I don't think they would assume that people from Swan/Dolphin are causing the crowd.

(This is not something I, personally, have done. I've taken a Minnie Van on my last few trips to Magic Kingdom. It's fast, it's easy, I know I will have a seat, and I'm less likely to feel motion sick. It's not the cheapest way to go, but people have different preferences when it comes to how they spend/save their money at Disney World. I'm not a Table Service Restaurant person, so I save money on that.)

I want to do the CSR downgrade before paying my annual fee while also upgrading a CF to a CSR.
1. How long should I wait after downgrading the CSR before then upgrading the CF?
2. I have quite a few UR that are currently attached to the CSR. Should I move them to a completely different card before these changes?
4. Has anyone been denied upgrading? I can’t live without a CSR. I find too much value.

Not sure I’m an expert, but what I’ve done is upgrade a freedom card first to a CSP…need at least a $10,000 CL to do so…then the next day downgrade my current CSR
As far as the URs I then transfer to the new CSR

Last edited:
Some of my family members (but not me) stayed at Swan for Christmas 2023. Yes, still non-Disney buses that drop off at TTC.

To avoid the TTC:
- Walk from Swan/Dolphin to BoardWalk or Yacht Club, and take their bus to MK
- Pay to take a Minnie Van from Swan or Dolphin directly to MK
- At the end of the day, take a bus to BoardWalk or Yacht Club or Beach Club and walk back to your hotel from there
- At the end of the day, pay to take a Minnie Van from MK to Swan or Dolphin
- At the end of the day, walk to Contemporary and pay to take an Uber or Lyft back to Swan or Dolphin (cheaper than Minnie Van)

You can't take a regular Uber or Lyft from Swan or Dolphin to the Contemporary; the guard at the Contemporary gate can turn you away if you don't have a dining or hotel resie at Contemporary.

You can't taken an Uber or Lyft directly to MK; they drop off at TTC.

OP might know all this.
I'd do just about anything to avoid the lines and crowds at the TTC....what a gigantic mess every single time I've been there.

1. You don't have to wait, I usually just wait until I need the CSR benefits, example (until I need car insurance or to book a flight). But I usually only go a month without a CSR.

2. No need to move until you need to use the points on the new CSR
3. nope just make sure you have $10K in available credit.

I called Chase about my missing $50 November retention offer. The rep couldn't find anything in the notes and didn't seem to believe me since I received the same offer in 2022. However, he was able to give me that same $50 offer today that should post in 1-2 billing cycles. Hopefully it appears this time. I guess that means I shouldn't bother trying for another offer when my fee posts in Nov. I wish retention offers came with confirmation numbers or a follow-up email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter