I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Anyone stay Swan/Dolphin recently? Are they still doing Mears buses that drop off at TTC and not Disney buses that drop at MK?

Instant approval on a CIU (75k+40k support), successful match to 90k via SM. A little short of 3 months from the last Chase card, but I wanted to have it approved while the 90k offer is still live. Offer is probably ending 1/18.
Instant approval as well! Low CL of $3000 but I'm already near the ~50% of income limit with Chase. How long did you wait to SM for a SUB offer match to the 90K?

Last edited:
Have any of you stayed in Tampa? We’re looking at doing a baseball game and the aquarium but aren’t sure where to stay. I didn’t realize they’re about 30 minutes away from each other. I’m leaning towards staying by the baseball stadium because it’s a night game

Have any of you stayed in Tampa? We’re looking at doing a baseball game and the aquarium but aren’t sure where to stay. I didn’t realize they’re about 30 minutes away from each other. I’m leaning towards staying by the baseball stadium because it’s a night game
We stayed downtown at the Hyatt Place. It was close to the hockey stadium. I'm not sure where the baseball stadium or aquarium are! We could see the cruise ships from our room which was cool. They had a nice breakfast and pool.

We stayed downtown at the Hyatt Place. It was close to the hockey stadium. I'm not sure where the baseball stadium or aquarium are! We could see the cruise ships from our room which was cool. They had a nice breakfast and pool.
Looks like the Hyatt is pretty close to the aquarium. The baseball stadium is kind of off on its own.

DD is living downtown by the lake while she is going to school there - I hope she doesn't have to go out today. At least it's a weekend I guess.
Yes. I’m glad DS is off school tomorrow for MLK. We’re thinking Tuesday might be elearning because of cold and busing. (Friday was elearning bc of snow)
so snow> hurricanes? i dunno! ha
I’ll take snow over hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes. (Tornadoes and earthquakes happen but pretty rare.)

Yes. I’m glad DS is off school tomorrow for MLK. We’re thinking Tuesday might be elearning because of cold and busing. (Friday was elearning bc of snow)

I’ll take snow over hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes. (Tornadoes and earthquakes happen but pretty rare.)
its mid 40s here we had a tornado watch last week. hurricanes probably once or twice a year being snowed in doesn't sound so bad I'm enjoying the 40s. I didn't mean to make this about the weather. Also on another note no 2024 thread yet?

Since I'm completely striking out with getting AA to even show any JAL flights from Tokyo to the US (I've tried all of the routes), I'm looking at Delta flights. Does anyone have any experience with Delta Premium Select? Points-wise it's not many more points than Delta Comfort and a lot fewer points than the Delta One Suites, which makes me think it's not much different than economy.

Since I'm completely striking out with getting AA to even show any JAL flights from Tokyo to the US (I've tried all of the routes), I'm looking at Delta flights. Does anyone have any experience with Delta Premium Select? Points-wise it's not many more points than Delta Comfort and a lot fewer points than the Delta One Suites, which makes me think it's not much different than economy.
Not sure how out of your way it is, but I've been looking at JAL award flights all afternoon and saw a decent amount of Tokyo to Boston availability with AA.

Not sure how out of your way it is, but I've been looking at JAL award flights all afternoon and saw a decent amount of Tokyo to Boston availability with AA.
Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately no US city gets me any JAL flights from AA (with miles). Searching just now doesn't even get the non-stop flight to BOS. AA would let me pay $2000+ for economy though!

For better or worse our dates are only slightly flexible (departing Tokyo on August 10 or 11).

I feel very fortunate that I was able to get Premium Economy on JAL with miles for our outbound trip. At this point I'm going to book Delta Premium Select and keep checking to see if maybe AA gets more award flights. (I would consider United too but I have far more Delta points, and Delta gets us a direct flight to a more convenient US city.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter