I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Congrats on the Ink!

For Schwab, you open a brokerage account with them (free to do) and and a checking account (free to do, but I think there's a hard pull? I don't remember since it's been so long ago) then fund it from your external account. Purchase SWVXX and you're done. When you want the money, you have to sell SWVXX which happens at the end of the market day, and afterwards you can transfer money to the checking account and that part happens immediately. So it's not great if you need to move money out of it urgently.

Alternatively, Ally Savings and Discover Savings both are at 4.35% and don't require 10 debit transactions.
Thanks for this! Scwab is already where we have our brokerage account, so moving my savings here was a super quick bump from 4.35 to 5.27! Love this thread!! :cheer2:

I neglected your air route question. We did Air France JFK to Rome with a stop in Paris in J. Would have preferred something more direct but the RDU-Paris route wasn't a thing yet (that's my home airport). But used being in NYC a day before our international flight to see a play, Gutenberg the Musical with Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad--hilarious!

The return was Emirates Milan to JFK in J. Milan is where we ended our Italy trip. We used Delta to reposition both ways from RDU. It was actually a little nerve-wracking because we had a 3-hr layover between our Emirates and Delta flights and had to switch terminals and recheck bags, on the Saturday after Thanksgiving! But we lucked out with no delays, GE and TSA pre-check helped, no lines to check our bags, and we ended up with an hour and a half to spare. Whew.

LOL, RDU is mine as well - I think I recall your posts about the new route and your fall trip! At least there are options now -- plus the route from RDU-Frankfurt which should have decent options to Italy locations. We're not averse to positioning either*, so I just need to be prepared for booking in June as to what makes most sense.

*The funniest part about our repositioning flights to Boston in June before we flew to Ireland, was that it ended up terrible cold wet weather in Boston for our 1½ days there -- FAR colder and wetter than ANYTHING we experienced in Ireland for 2 weeks! A trade off I would make any day of course!

where did you see that? when i checked chase.com/mybonus all it says for every card is I'm already enrolled doesn't tell me where. I found out 2 are HBO max offers.

I've checked a few of mine (the ones I had on me) and they all said that. Which doesn't make sense.

LOL, RDU is mine as well - I think I recall your posts about the new route and your fall trip! At least there are options now -- plus the route from RDU-Frankfurt which should have decent options to Italy locations. We're not averse to positioning either*, so I just need to be prepared for booking in June as to what makes most sense.

*The funniest part about our repositioning flights to Boston in June before we flew to Ireland, was that it ended up terrible cold wet weather in Boston for our 1½ days there -- FAR colder and wetter than ANYTHING we experienced in Ireland for 2 weeks! A trade off I would make any day of course!

I've checked a few of mine (the ones I had on me) and they all said that. Which doesn't make sense.
I'm originally from Boston... I can commiserate!

And I'm also happy to see RDU getting more options. Since all the big travel in 2024 is booked, I'm starting to think about 2025. If South America doesn't work out when I start looking into it, we might just go back to Europe flying to Frankfurt!
There are also direct flights to Iceland, btw. We spent Christmas 2022 there, one of the most amazing trips we've taken. Unfortunately, it's hard to do award flights on Iceland Air. So what we did that time was biz class booked through the Amex Portal to get 35% back on MRs through Biz Plat, but it was still a lot of MRs.

@miztressuz and Friends,

Did you see this offer?

Citi Shop Your Way Mastercard: Earn up to 10% back on Gas station, Grocery store and Restaurant
  • $100 Statement Credit when you spend $1,000‍ -‍ $1,999.99 each‍ ‍month, OR
  • $200 Statement Credit when you spend $2,000 or more each‍ ‍month
  • Expires 12/31/24. DDG

Edit to add: It’s a good card if you plan to take advantage of these promotions. But usually it takes about a year to start receiving these offers.

Woof! What a generous offer! I added a link to your thread which you can see: here
I have a an old citi Sears card that now earns TYP. It does get some great bonus offers. This week I got an offer like the above only in TYP. I don't think my particular card is available but it is a great way to accrue some points/cash back outside out Chase/Amex

I have a an old citi Sears card that now earns TYP. It does get some great bonus offers. This week I got an offer like the above only in TYP. I don't think my particular card is available but it is a great way to accrue some points/cash back outside out Chase/Amex
Correct, the Sears Shop Your Way Credit Card which earns TYP is no longer available for new signups, but the SYW card is still available. You earn SYW points which can be redeemed for gift cards. In addition, you get offers for Statement Credits like @FoxC63 mentioned. This card is the best thing going for me and where I put all my spend for Gas, Groceries (and gift cards), and Restaurants since the beginning of last year.

In 2023, I was getting offers every quarter to get $80/$90 back on $800/$900 spend per month. This year I got the same offer Fox mentioned and while it might be tough some months to spend $1,000, getting 10% back on all my purchases will certainly make it worthwhile to me :D

Correct, the Sears Shop Your Way Credit Card which earns TYP is no longer available for new signups, but the SYW card is still available. You earn SYW points which can be redeemed for gift cards. In addition, you get offers for Statement Credits like @FoxC63 mentioned. This card is the best thing going for me and where I put all my spend for Gas, Groceries (and gift cards), and Restaurants since the beginning of last year.

In 2023, I was getting offers every quarter to get $80/$90 back on $800/$900 spend per month. This year I got the same offer Fox mentioned and while it might be tough some months to spend $1,000, getting 10% back on all my purchases will certainly make it worthwhile to me :D
My card was changed to TYP by Citi a few years ago, it didn't earn TYP when I got it. I'm not sure if I can spend $1000/month at grocery/restaurants/gas stations but I'll have to pad my grocery spending with GCs. I have 70,000 TYP already and will add to them for a WDW tix.

Has anyone here been to Acadia National Park? We are thinking about going in October and I would love some reviews of hotels/B&Bs, etc.

Thanks

All of the recent emails we received to app for Chase Ink are all for the CIU not the CIC. Does anyone know if the link also works for the CIC for the same 90K SUB?

Tokyo Disney experts, I need some help. I am looking at the Hilton Tokyo Bay and the paying with points option is outrageous (more than 200,000 points per night). The cash rate is about $500 per night. Is there any reason I shouldn't use Chase UR points? I only have Gold status with Hilton so we wouldn't be missing out on any great benefits (that I am remembering at this moment). Also, I don't see any good way to use AmEx MR points (again, unless I am missing something, which is quite possible).

(Tagging @wanderlust7 thanks to her great review in the hotels thread.)

Tokyo Disney experts, I need some help. I am looking at the Hilton Tokyo Bay and the paying with points option is outrageous (more than 200,000 points per night). The cash rate is about $500 per night. Is there any reason I shouldn't use Chase UR points? I only have Gold status with Hilton so we wouldn't be missing out on any great benefits (that I am remembering at this moment). Also, I don't see any good way to use AmEx MR points (again, unless I am missing something, which is quite possible).

Have you considered a Disney hotel? I need to book two nights for May and am leaning toward miracosta because it looks like it won’t be much more than the Hilton. But that will be out of pocket.

So we're just rolling in this thread, right? I can not tell you how high the temptation to go to Houston tomorrow is. I saw tickets drop to $800 yesterday. My dad's voice is on repeat right now telling me to just do it, LOL. I may or may not have been looking at the flight loads, LOL. There's a 90% chance I won't go....but that 10% is STRONG!

Yes, the no annual fee HHonors card is a different product from Surpass and Aspire. There are also NLL Hilton Surpass/Business offers floating around out there for those who have already had those cards. In general, if you apply and don't get the pop up, you will get the bonus when you meet the spend, even if there is lifetime language.

Best way to find the NLL for the Surpass? Can you normally have 2 Surpass? Or do you have to close one first? I've done the Hilton Biz NLL and got lucky.

So we're just rolling in this thread, right? I can not tell you how high the temptation to go to Houston tomorrow is. I saw tickets drop to $800 yesterday. My dad's voice is on repeat right now telling me to just do it, LOL. I may or may not have been looking at the flight loads, LOL. There's a 90% chance I won't go....but that 10% is STRONG!

Best way to find the NLL for the Surpass? Can you normally have 2 Surpass? Or do you have to close one first? I've done the Hilton Biz NLL and got lucky.
Talk about a bucket list item if you do go!

Gold gets you breakfast for 2.

I took a look at the flexible calendar and it's all premium awards, which is kind of crazy. Hopefully they'll eventually release standard awards!

We ended up booking our Hilton room through the Chase portal with our CSR for our trip in May. Cash price would’ve been $2160 but we used 144,093 URs. We booked a family magic room with ocean view.

Have you considered a Disney hotel? I need to book two nights for May and am leaning toward miracosta because it looks like it won’t be much more than the Hilton. But that will be out of pocket.
I hope to book Miracosta but mostly because I just really want to stay there in a park-view room!

The rest of my time in Tokyo will be at one of the Hyatts but not sure which one. Probably will end up with Grand Hyatt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter