I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I may have done the same thing. I need an expert to tell me if I am ok or not. Long story short, I somehow hit the SUB even though my balance still does not show that amt. My statement closed Dec 18 and my 75K went pending Dec 19 and says "posted" 12/19 but "available" after my Jan closing date. Did I blow it?

ETA: I just realized I had the MSR wrong! Ugh!
can you see the 75k posted to your RR account

can you see the 75k posted to your RR account
No, it is still pending in my Chase acct. The pts I earned up until my closing date are already in my RR acct, but the bonus pts went "pending" the day after it closed. It says they will be available after my next closing date.

ETA: it appears I am good. The SW website says:
Companion Pass qualifying points are earned from revenue flights booked through Southwest®, points earned on Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Cards, and base points earned from Rapid Rewards® partners. Points earned during a billing cycle on a Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card from Chase are not available for redemption or qualification for Companion Pass status until they are posted on your billing statement and posted to your Rapid Rewards account. Only points posted on your billing statements and posted to your Rapid Rewards account during the same calendar year are available for qualification for Companion Pass status.

Last edited:
No, it is still pending in my Chase acct. The pts I earned up until my closing date are already in my RR acct, but the bonus pts went "pending" the day after it closed. It says they will be available after my next closing date.

ETA: it appears I am good. The SW website says:
Companion Pass qualifying points are earned from revenue flights booked through Southwest®, points earned on Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Cards, and base points earned from Rapid Rewards® partners. Points earned during a billing cycle on a Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card from Chase are not available for redemption or qualification for Companion Pass status until they are posted on your billing statement and posted to your Rapid Rewards account. Only points posted on your billing statements and posted to your Rapid Rewards account during the same calendar year are available for qualification for Companion Pass status.
Yes you are fine they will post after your January statement closes

I may have done the same thing. I need an expert to tell me if I am ok or not. Long story short, I somehow hit the SUB even though my balance still does not show that amt. My statement closed Dec 18 and my 75K went pending Dec 19 and says "posted" 12/19 but "available" after my Jan closing date. Did I blow it?

ETA: I just realized I had the MSR wrong! Ugh!

Saw the update. Glad they are just pending and not posted. Whew!

this is strange.... I bought a few things at Trader Joes using BBP a couple of weeks ago (less than $20) now I see a credit for $150 on my account? That can't be real.... should I wait a bit to see if it comes off again?

Also- has anyone successfully tried to use 2 cc's to pay for airline tickets? I'd like to work on my ink MSR, but my CSR has the travel protection.... altho should I worry about that if I intend to buy extra travel insurance for this too?

Finally finished our Marriot biz spend. Not sure where to go next as we cant see to nail down a 2025 plan.

I also just returned from my "free" Holland America cruise thanks to churning and WOW. Its my fifth cruise line and I was extremely impressed (and my friend and I who went are in our 30s and had a blast).

Finally finished our Marriot biz spend. Not sure where to go next as we cant see to nail down a 2025 plan.

I also just returned from my "free" Holland America cruise thanks to churning and WOW. Its my fifth cruise line and I was extremely impressed (and my friend and I who went are in our 30s and had a blast).
That's good to hear. I keep reading that the younger age on HA is 60-something, but I guess it depends on the length and the destination, too.

That's good to hear. I keep reading that the younger age on HA is 60-something, but I guess it depends on the length and the destination, too.
There were reportedly only 30 kids on board but the age of the adults was pretty diverse! This was a Caribbean cruise and my parents did say their Canadian Holland American cruise was a much older crowd.

In our house we tend to go over all of our open cards at the end of the year and decide if we want to keep them, downgrade them, churn them, or close them.

It's time for me to try to churn my CSP. Any thoughts as to what is good card to downgrade it to? Anyone hear of any good offers out there for a CSP or a CSR?

Same with my WOH but the new offers are so pathetic I'm not going to do it now.

Happy holidays to all!

In our house we tend to go over all of our open cards at the end of the year and decide if we want to keep them, downgrade them, churn them, or close them.

It's time for me to try to churn my CSP. Any thoughts as to what is good card to downgrade it to? Anyone hear of any good offers out there for a CSP or a CSR?

Happy holidays to all!
Both CSR and CSP are still just at 60k, I believe. P2 is also ready for the MDD again but I’m holding out until the CSP SUB goes up.

Happy holidays to all!
I just downgraded to the original chase freedom with ultimate rewards

Happy holidays to all!

We haven't churned CSP/CSR since I'd rather just get an Ink. We did churn the Hyatt to get to Globalist (5 elite nights from old card, 5 from new card).

Thanks everyone. It's nice to hear what others are thinking.

Both CSR and CSP are still just at 60k, I believe. P2 is also ready for the MDD again but I’m holding out until the CSP SUB goes up.
I saw those SUBs and was hoping they might increase one or the other (or both) sometime soon. I haven't considered doing a MDD but I'll think about it now. It just seems pretty complicated in terms of timing.

I just downgraded to the original chase freedom with ultimate rewards
Thanks. For some reason DH thought that wasn't possible anymore. I read that the newer freedom is a MC and that somehow we can't downgrade to it.

We haven't churned CSP/CSR since I'd rather just get an Ink. We did churn the Hyatt to get to Globalist (5 elite nights from old card, 5 from new card).
Same here, but I think I want to get a CSR this time so I'd rather reapply than just try to PC it. Nice with your Globalist. I'll have to remember that when it's time for DH to churn that one. I've had the WOH for a longer time, but he's the one that got Globalist, so I don't even really need the card I guess, but I give him my FNC night each year to help him get the status.

What are your go-to Costco gas stops? We make that drive fairly often.
The Costco I've most often stopped at is the newer one in Georgia near Pooler. It's 16 west at Exit 99 off I 95. Then 1st exit to Pooler Pkwy, (maybe a little less then 2 miles on I 16), go left and it's almost immediately to the left. I think there is a light to get back on 16 almost immediately, then next light in towards some food spots, and Costco. You can see it as you are driving along on 16.

Full leaving home, I don't stop until the Sam's Club in Florence, SC. I drive a Hybrid and it does well. There's a Bucee's before that and sometimes another option that's competitive, but I'm Bucee'ed out, lol. Two stops were enough for me.

The Sam's is at Exit 160, at I 20, go East and it's about a mile up on the left. With my car going down is a fill up at Sam's and coming back it's a top off, as I get 'full' in Georgia.

I tried the Costco just before St Augustine when it first opened and find the price to be similar to it's neighbors, so I just fill before leaving Disney. Gas is not a huge expense with my car. Trip in early December return was $126 and change, but I got into checking prices when I would drive the 15 miles to a gallon conversion van. Same trip/mileage in that would run $350 to $400.

Going down I often pick up snacks, breakfast and lunch stuff for my room so it's really gas and groceries in Savannah area.

Sometime in 2024, there is supposed to be a new Costco opening in One Daytona, across from the Speedway.

Last edited:
Thanks. For some reason DH thought that wasn't possible anymore. I read that the newer freedom is a MC and that somehow we can't downgrade to it.
The Freedom Flex is a Mastercard and would be my choice over the original Freedom. I haven't seen anything that says you can't PC a CSP to a CFF, I had no issues converting my Freedom to a CFF.

I also decided not to churn my CSR this year. I PC’d to CSP instead. Too many other better SUB deals out there. I also can’t believe I’m saying this but I might keep my Amex plat. I thought for sure I’d get rid of it after a year but now I’ve had it for several years. Will cancel the Hilton biz and the personal gold soon (unless I get a good retention offer on that one).

Big (for me) trip in April or May 2025. It will be 2 weeks in Switzerland and Italy. Starting with planning for Italy where I'll be splitting a week between Rome and Florence.

1. Any recommendations on hotels in Rome? I'll have points and FNCs for Marriott and IHG but willing to do something else for a good trip. If not a hotel, what general area to stay in? I want to have one home base for 4 nights. Will visit Vatican museums/Sistine Chapel/St Peters; Roman Forum, Colosseum and surrounding area; Pantheon, Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain,..

2. Any recommendations for small tours? so far I am looking at MyRomanGuy and CityWonders for tours of Vatican Museums/SC/StP. Probably will also do a tour of Colosseum and underground.

3. Any tips for a first timer?

4. Florence seems easier but welcome any thoughts there. I did read WDWGroupie's trip report and got some good ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter