I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Off topic but, does anyone have a house slipper that they love? I have several slippers, but they're just cheap, less than $20 pairs. In winter, my feet are ALWAYS cold, and I'd like to invest in a nice, warm pair. I'm thinking of the Ugg Ansley or Tasman slipper, as I love my other Ugg boots for obvious reasons (well made, fluffy, WARM, feels like walking on clouds, lol). If anyone has another slipper brand/model they love that's very warm and cozy, I'm all ears! IA
any brand as long as they're REAL sheepskin with the fluffy wool lining. my current ones are from Sams club from last year- I also like LL Bean or Lands End, just have to be real wool.

I can't speak for the Coquette since I don't have them. I'm now too frugal to buy the Ugg brand unless it's on giveaway pricing.

I'm wearing the Costco Ugg Coquette lookalike. I've had a pair this year and last year. I love them! They essentially have the same sole as the Ugg and I (age 70) do not slip out of them. Of course I'm very careful with stairs or any steps in any shoe.

Last year I lucked into a pair for 6.97. This year I paid 24.99 and wish I'd bought 2 pair. They are already sold out online and in stores around me.

I've paid for many pairs of the Ugg boots so I do know the brand too well as that's what the girls wanted for a bit, plus the grandchildren got them as gifts and in the last 10 years I've had 7 pairs of boots, most of which older DD absconded with while saying 'you never wear them'.

Now, I'm scanning Amazon to see if I can find any similar slipper with the shearling lining. Most seem to have faux fur which is NOT what I would want.

And, I wear the shearling down on the heel area, which is main reason for replacement.
I don't like this year's version. I've bought them many times in the past and have liked them until this year:(

About to spend a lot of money on gas (Christmas road trip). I'm thinking the Citi Costco card is my best bet at 4% back. I know that the rotating categories for Chase and Discover are not gas stations. Any other options I should consider?

About to spend a lot of money on gas (Christmas road trip). I'm thinking the Citi Costco card is my best bet at 4% back. I know that the rotating categories for Chase and Discover are not gas stations. Any other options I should consider?

Have a safe trip! I've gotten good at doing Costco and Sam's Club on my road trips up and down I 95 from Maryland to Florida.

There are some targeted offers. I have 10x on the Southwest Priority, 5x on Hyatt, 5x on United. 7x Marriott on Amex Brilliant. You can check for the Chase ones here.

Still wouldn't do it. Having to take everything out of my carryon, take my shoes and belt off. Even if it takes longer, I'm still going through Pre if I have a choice.
Yup! With 3 kids carrying, too, I don't want to be pulling out all of those electronics. I'll wait and keep the bags in one piece.

I agree. Last years had the top seam. This years are plain. They still 'feel' the same to me.
I swear the sole is not as thick and it's less fluffy inside. I don't have the previous versions to compare them to (small closet so I throw things out) but the old ones felt like Uggs and this year's feel like fake Uggs to me!

We just went through security at the airport and the precheck line was so much longer than the normal lines. We ended up switching and went through the normal line with no wait

Still wouldn't do it. Having to take everything out of my carryon, take my shoes and belt off. Even if it takes longer, I'm still going through Pre if I have a choice.

We didn’t really have anything to take out. I didn’t mind at all because it meant I didn’t have to stand in line.
That's interesting. Years back, I had not purchased Pre-Check. I didn't realize that sometimes you are randomly assigned Pre-Check for a particular flight even if you have not purchased it.

I didn't look closely at my boarding pass to see if it said Pre-Check because I wasn't expecting to be allowed to get Pre-Check. I got in the regular line at the airport because I didn't realize that I had been assigned Pre-Check for that flight. When I got to the front of the line, the TSA agent was very unpleasant and told me I had to get out of the regular line and go in the Pre-Check line because that's what was on my boarding pass. This was at the local airport, not Orlando.

I have a SW Companion Pass fail. I thought I left a $250 MSR buffer on the SW Personal for P2. Nope, my contacts I ordered were pending, then removed from pending when they went out of stock (and I didn't notice), then posted day of statement closing when they shipped. o_O Oops. Over the MSR by $62. Oh well. My CP is active until the end of 2024 and I'm not sure we'll take flights with the whole family this year. Now to decide whether to do two Biz early in the year to continue with the CP quest for him, or just let it go until next year....

Might not be worth the hassle for an extra 1%, but if you have a Chase biz card that gets 5% at office supply stores you can use a Visa GC to buy a Costco shop card and use that to buy gas. Of course at this point you would need to have those Visa GC already, so probably moot.
I didn't look closely at my boarding pass to see if it said Pre-Check because I wasn't expecting to be allowed to get Pre-Check. I got in the regular line at the airport because I didn't realize that I had been assigned Pre-Check for that flight. When I got to the front of the line, the TSA agent was very unpleasant and told me I had to get out of the regular line and go in the Pre-Check line because that's what was on my boarding pass. This was at the local airport, not Orlando.
That doesn't sound right! I have never been told I HAD to use the pre-check line.

DD flew in from SFO yesterday and said the pre-check line was very long but she was told to go to the pre-check line in another terminal that was shorter. I know in some airports (like MCO) the terminals are not connected so that wouldn't work.

I have a SW Companion Pass fail. I thought I left a $250 MSR buffer on the SW Personal for P2. Nope, my contacts I ordered were pending, then removed from pending when they went out of stock (and I didn't notice), then posted day of statement closing when they shipped. o_O Oops. Over the MSR by $62. Oh well. My CP is active until the end of 2024 and I'm not sure we'll take flights with the whole family this year. Now to decide whether to do two Biz early in the year to continue with the CP quest for him, or just let it go until next year....
oh no, I'm so sorry.

That's interesting. Years back, I had not purchased Pre-Check. I didn't realize that sometimes you are randomly assigned Pre-Check for a particular flight even if you have not purchased it.

Unsurprisingly to anyone that has flown in the US with any kind of regularity, TSA agents often have no clue as to what the actual rules are. Having Pre on your boarding pass makes one eligible to use the Pre lanes, it is not a requirement. Many times people that are eligible for Pre choose not to avail themselves of the opportunity for a number of reasons. Most often it's because of a travelling companion that does not have it. You say it was years back, I'm going to guess that Pre was new at that specific airport and the agents hadn't had proper training in the program. I usually see it at least once a year that there is some screw up. On about half the trips I make, I get an agent that tells me I can't go through the metal detector with my belt on. I bought a non metallic belt specifically so that I wouldn't have to take it off to go through metal detectors.

I may have done the same thing. I need an expert to tell me if I am ok or not. Long story short, I somehow hit the SUB even though my balance still does not show that amt. My statement closed Dec 18 and my 75K went pending Dec 19 and says "posted" 12/19 but "available" after my Jan closing date. Did I blow it?

ETA: I just realized I had the MSR wrong! Ugh!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter