I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Off topic but, does anyone have a house slipper that they love? I have several slippers, but they're just cheap, less than $20 pairs. In winter, my feet are ALWAYS cold, and I'd like to invest in a nice, warm pair. I'm thinking of the Ugg Ansley or Tasman slipper, as I love my other Ugg boots for obvious reasons (well made, fluffy, WARM, feels like walking on clouds, lol). If anyone has another slipper brand/model they love that's very warm and cozy, I'm all ears! IA

Off topic but, does anyone have a house slipper that they love? I have several slippers, but they're just cheap, less than $20 pairs. In winter, my feet are ALWAYS cold, and I'd like to invest in a nice, warm pair. I'm thinking of the Ugg Ansley or Tasman slipper, as I love my other Ugg boots for obvious reasons (well made, fluffy, WARM, feels like walking on clouds, lol). If anyone has another slipper brand/model they love that's very warm and cozy, I'm all ears! IA
I have had BearPaws in the past. But this year when needing a replacement I got these from target:
https://www.target.com/p/women-39-s...-8482-brown-9/-/A-88498475?preselect=88498475
I like them.

DD has always gotten uggs but this year got these instead and she is not complaining.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JVQQ99K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

I have the Ugg Coquette that I really like. They are warm and have a sturdy bottom which helps with support as I have problems if I don't wear something with good support. I have a fairly small foot so I was able to get a large kids size which saved some money. My youngest DD wanted the Tasman slippers and I could not find them anywhere that would get them here before February, they are very popular right now.

It might still be okay. Chase unofficially gives 115 days.
I just logged back in and looked and that saved me! Monday was my 90 days. The $3k charge is still pending (hello annoying!), but another thing I charged after that cleared this morning and pushed me over the edge and my 100k points are pending 🥂

Minnetonka Mocassins. I've had my pair for just over a year and absolutely love them.

Young adult DP...My college student son has had a Discover for 2 years and is an AU on my Amex. I wanted him to get a Visa for study abroad so he applied for the Chase Freedom Flex - Denied. He immediately applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited - Denied. He used $18k as income, has a 771 credit score. He then applied for the Wells Fargo Autograph Visa and was approved with a $1.5k limit. Hopefully, with the WF, Chase will like him and he can start his UR collecting soon.

I’ve had the Ansley, Tasman, and Coquette 😂 and multiples of each style, but the Ansley has been my go to for the last 5yrs. I usually treat myself to a new pair every other year. Always so nice to have the fresh “fur!” 😉

I have the Ugg Coquette that I really like. They are warm and have a sturdy bottom which helps with support as I have problems if I don't wear something with good support. I have a fairly small foot so I was able to get a large kids size which saved some money. My youngest DD wanted the Tasman slippers and I could not find them anywhere that would get them here before February, they are very popular right now.
Wow, thanks for mentioning about the Tasmans. Just checked and I see that they’re back ordered til Feb! 😳
I’ve had the Ansley, Tasman, and Coquette 😂 and multiples of each style, but the Ansley has been my go to for the last 5yrs. I usually treat myself to a new pair every other year. Always so nice to have the fresh “fur!” 😉
Omg thank you for your feedback! It really helps that you’ve had them all, so you know, you can feel good that you’re contributing to important “research” 😆 and im glad to hear that your go to is the Ansley, since that’s the one I really like the style of…and looks the most “fluffy” 😂 You’ve sold me!!

My off site go to when DVC has no availability for a last minute trip is the Hyatt Grand Cypress. I think either is fine. I’d look into transferring Chase points to Hyatt if your night is available through Hyatt on points vs paying through the Chase UR portal. You will likely use less points.
The Hyatt Grand Cypress looks very nice! Thank you for the suggestion.
I just looked at the cost of using Hyatt points and it is definitely the best deal. I might use Chase points to book a refundable room and then once I’m sure we are going, if it is still available using points transfer them to Hyatt points. We are only thinking about going right now. It’s all in early stages of maybe.

I've stayed at several of the hotels which are connected to the convention center:

Hyatt Regency Orlando:
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-regency-orlando/mcoro
9801 International Drive, Orlando, Florida, United States, 32819

Rosen Centre:
https://www.rosencentre.com/
9840 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819

Rosen Plaza:
https://www.rosenplaza.com/
9700 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819

I go to conventions which run for several days. I stay in the hotel for which the convention has a block of rooms. The convention center has different sections; the closest hotel will depend on the section. The convention center website's event calendar should tell you which section your event is in, if the convention didn't tell you:
https://events.occc.net/

This map shows the different parts of the convention center and where the hotels are located:
https://view.publitas.com/orange-county-convention-center/convention-center-district-map/page/1

As to whether you should stay near the Magic Kingdom or stay near the convention center: I guess it depends on timing. Do you have to be at the event early (meaning you want to stay near the convention center)? Will you be too tired for a long drive/ride after the party (meaning you want to stay near the MK)?

It's about a 30 minute drive between the convention center hotels and the Transportation & Ticket Center (which is where you would need to park or be dropped off if staying near the convention center).

Let me know if you have more specific questions.

Thank you for all your tips. I didn’t realize there were different parts of the convention center. I checked for info but I think it’s too early as it all says details to be determined. We probably won’t know if we are going until spring but I might be back to ask more questions. At this point, I am leaning towards just staying near the convention center. The Hyatts I’ve checked out seem to have awesome pools and in Sept that’s all my kids will care about. Plus the two nights using points will be the cost of one night at a Disney moderate.

Young adult DP...My college student son has had a Discover for 2 years and is an AU on my Amex. I wanted him to get a Visa for study abroad so he applied for the Chase Freedom Flex - Denied. He immediately applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited - Denied. He used $18k as income, has a 771 credit score. He then applied for the Wells Fargo Autograph Visa and was approved with a $1.5k limit. Hopefully, with the WF, Chase will like him and he can start his UR collecting soon.

How about the Chase Rise for college students?

DD just got approved last week for the Chase Rise. (Thank you to whoever on here mentioned it. I never heard of it before reading about it here.)
She is 19, been an AU on my Disney Visa for a little over 2 years, and her credit score is 764. I asked her what she put for income and she said she thinks $15,000. She does have a Chase checking account for her direct deposit and she applied on payday so that she had over the recommended $250 in her acct.

The Hyatt Grand Cypress looks very nice! Thank you for the suggestion.
I just looked at the cost of using Hyatt points and it is definitely the best deal. I might use Chase points to book a refundable room and then once I’m sure we are going, if it is still available using points transfer them to Hyatt points. We are only thinking about going right now. It’s all in early stages of maybe.

Thank you for all your tips. I didn’t realize there were different parts of the convention center. I checked for info but I think it’s too early as it all says details to be determined. We probably won’t know if we are going until spring but I might be back to ask more questions. At this point, I am leaning towards just staying near the convention center. The Hyatts I’ve checked out seem to have awesome pools and in Sept that’s all my kids will care about. Plus the two nights using points will be the cost of one night at a Disney moderate.
most Hyatt bookings are refundable when using points, the problem with using Chase is it's hard to get a refund which is why I avoid otas, unless the points are vastly different I would transfer personally. Say hello to merlot (the macaw that lives in the lobby of the hotel)

Another Ugg Coquette fan here, yes even in Florida LOL

I like the Coquette in theory (it looks really nice!), but does it being a slip on and not having a back bother you? Does it slide off easily, like when walking or anything?
Not at all. I don't wear slip on/mule style real shoes in public because they generally are not comfortable for me and will slip off. These are super comfortable, never slip off and are supportive.

I like the Coquette in theory (it looks really nice!), but does it being a slip on and not having a back bother you? Does it slide off easily, like when walking or anything?

I can't speak for the Coquette since I don't have them. I'm now too frugal to buy the Ugg brand unless it's on giveaway pricing.

I'm wearing the Costco Ugg Coquette lookalike. I've had a pair this year and last year. I love them! They essentially have the same sole as the Ugg and I (age 70) do not slip out of them. Of course I'm very careful with stairs or any steps in any shoe.

Last year I lucked into a pair for 6.97. This year I paid 24.99 and wish I'd bought 2 pair. They are already sold out online and in stores around me.

I've paid for many pairs of the Ugg boots so I do know the brand too well as that's what the girls wanted for a bit, plus the grandchildren got them as gifts and in the last 10 years I've had 7 pairs of boots, most of which older DD absconded with while saying 'you never wear them'.

Now, I'm scanning Amazon to see if I can find any similar slipper with the shearling lining. Most seem to have faux fur which is NOT what I would want.

And, I wear the shearling down on the heel area, which is main reason for replacement.

Not at all. I don't wear slip on/mule style real shoes in public because they generally are not comfortable for me and will slip off. These are super comfortable, never slip off and are supportive.
Exactly the reason I don't typically buy slip on/mule styles also. VERY glad to hear these don't do that, and now you've muddled my decision (in a good way 😂 ). I guess I need to go to the store to try on the Ansley and Coquette in real time to decide. Thanks so much for the input!
I can't speak for the Coquette since I don't have them. I'm now too frugal to buy the Ugg brand unless it's on giveaway pricing.

I'm wearing the Costco Ugg Coquette lookalike. I've had a pair this year and last year. I love them! They essentially have the same sole as the Ugg and I (age 70) do not slip out of them. Of course I'm very careful with stairs or any steps in any shoe.
Glad to hear from another that you don't slip out of them! That was my sole biggest concern with the Coquette type. Thanks!

Last edited:
I hope your dd feels better soon.

No points, no FNC, but at least we have a resolution date (not sure if I believe we will get the points and FNC and points by the end of the year). The supervisor mentioned additional points for everyone affected by their system glitch, but said she didn't know how many -- I have a nagging feeling it'll be something lame like 10k, but maybe AmEx will surprise us. She also said that there were a lot of people that didn't notice they didn't get their SUB, which I find hard to believe.

Well there are people like my BF who just assumed it was all there. And then when we went to use it were like ***? I don't think he's heard back (he asked for a call) and he said everytime he calls in they say it'll be 5-7 days. I don't think he got a letter either. We will see.

I think someone here was wanting to cash out their MRs but was waiting for a transfer bonus. Amex is offering a 30% transfer bonus to Hilton.
tbh for hilton i think you can buy the spread depending on how many points you have of course I think you can buy the points for more than the bonus.

Well there are people like my BF who just assumed it was all there. And then when we went to use it were like ***? I don't think he's heard back (he asked for a call) and he said everytime he calls in they say it'll be 5-7 days. I don't think he got a letter either. We will see.
The CSRs in the offshore call center are, essentially, useless. If he wants a call back, he should ask to be transferred to a CSR in the US and they will transfer the call. Then he can ask for a cb and he should hear from a supervisor (in the US) within 24 hours. The supervisor I spoke with asked for 3 days to investigate (speak with the back office) and did call back in that time frame with the date of December 31st. Compare that to when I asked the offshore call center for a supervisor to contact me, was told it would be 24 hours, waited 48 hours, called back and was told the call from the supervisor went to voice mail (there was no call that came in during that time frame, so I knew that it wasn't true -- don't the CSRs know that cell phones show every.single. income call :rolleyes:?). Sucks that he didn't receive a letter either. I hope I'm forgiven for finding it hard to believe that we will all have our points and FNCs by the end of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter