I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Back yesterday 12/16 from a trip to see our son and celebrate Christmas with his family and our daughters…they flew down from LI as well.
Had a great time with everyone especially enjoyed watching our 4 grandchildren play and be together
MK on party days was great lines were short compared to non party days…
MCO was a zoo on Saturday…we arrived at 10:40am….good thing I upgraded DH and I to A1-15, so we were able to use the SW priority lane to check our bags…the regular line was probably over 30 minutes

TSA precheck was a 30 minute wait…regular was 45+ minutes
Food lines etc all crazy…I’ve been flying down each year this same week have never seen it this crowed…definitely arrive at least 3 hrs before your flight…odd thing was the traffic around the airport wasn’t too bad
I flew out this morning. traffic was a breeze until we got near the terminal. the line to drop your bags was insane! over 30 minutes (term A, tsa was less than 20 though. Got to check out the Club where I finally got to use my PP. was ok inside. yogurt cup, egg omelet like things. toast, bagels, cereal and hash browns. plus coffee of course!

my flight took off on time and landed in cold, rainy windy NJ early

used my discounted DGC or all room charges so I felt good savings even more than just the DVC discount. Rain Sat and Sun meant lower crowds which was nice.

Was someone hoping for a Princess cruise Amex offer? A spend $700 get 17,500 MR offer popped up on my Amex Plat today.

Noticed my MSR on my new Ink will be wiped out Thursday (very large vet bill). Goodness, my first charge posted 11/22, how does that happen LOL?
Anyway, p2 is 10 day away from being 90 days out for Chase. But that debacle with his CIP, I figured even though I gave them proof of his social numerous times, they still don't associate that account with all the rest of his accounts, so why not try before 90 days since they probably think his last card was in May. And it worked. Instant approval, and the card shows up in his account with all his other cards, not the wayward CIP. Whew.

Was someone hoping for a Princess cruise Amex offer? A spend $700 get 17,500 MR offer popped up on my Amex Plat today.
I was asking for a Celebrity offer, but maybe someone else was asking about Princess. I feel like every cruise line other than Celebrity has come up on my Amex cards. When I wasn't sailing with them I got offers all the time.

I flew out this morning. traffic was a breeze until we got near the terminal. the line to drop your bags was insane! over 30 minutes (term A, tsa was less than 20 though. Got to check out the Club where I finally got to use my PP. was ok inside. yogurt cup, egg omelet like things. toast, bagels, cereal and hash browns. plus coffee of course!

my flight took off on time and landed in cold, rainy windy NJ early

used my discounted DGC or all room charges so I felt good savings even more than just the DVC discount. Rain Sat and Sun meant lower crowds which was nice.
Sounds like the Club has better offerings in the morning, over the summer we flew out late afternoon/evening and it was all snack type food
I also used Disney gift cards at Disney and our DVC dues usually buy at supermarkets and use PYB so a $1,000 GC uses 80k URs

Oh I forgot to toss in a DP app'd and was instant approved for CiU with 90k points the other day.... I think I have like 4 in the ink fam now....I will prob cancel a couple soon. I got the CiU b/c I have some organic spend coming and 1.5x is better than 1....

For an Amex MSR do Dell and airline charges that get credited count? I don't mean a return or refund but the normal semi annual and annual credits.

For an Amex MSR do Dell and airline charges that get credited count? I don't mean a return or refund but the normal semi annual and annual credits.

It counts as in the SUB will post. I don't count it because I'm paranoid. I've been tempted to stop working on a MSR before since the SUB posted, but then I think it's not worth risking 150k MRs from a clawback down the road. I've also had unexpected returns past the MSR period, then I was glad to have the buffer from counting the credits.

From terms it reads to me like it shouldn't count:
"Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits."

Just sharing what I do. It may not be what most do.

It counts as in the SUB will post. I don't count it because I'm paranoid. I've been tempted to stop working on a MSR before since the SUB posted, but then I think it's not worth risking 150k MRs from a clawback down the road. I've also had unexpected returns past the MSR period, then I was glad to have the buffer from counting the credits.

From terms it reads to me like it shouldn't count:
"Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits."

Just sharing what I do. It may not be what most do.
Thanks. I'll probably do what you suggest and spend more than what is needed because I want to be 110% sure I get the bonus.

Back yesterday 12/16 from a trip to see our son and celebrate Christmas with his family and our daughters…they flew down from LI as well.
Had a great time with everyone especially enjoyed watching our 4 grandchildren play and be together
MK on party days was great lines were short compared to non party days…
MCO was a zoo on Saturday…we arrived at 10:40am….good thing I upgraded DH and I to A1-15, so we were able to use the SW priority lane to check our bags…the regular line was probably over 30 minutes

TSA precheck was a 30 minute wait…regular was 45+ minutes
Food lines etc all crazy…I’ve been flying down each year this same week have never seen it this crowed…definitely arrive at least 3 hrs before your flight…odd thing was the traffic around the airport wasn’t too bad
Those munchins in your profile pic are so cute! What a special time.

Noticed my MSR on my new Ink will be wiped out Thursday (very large vet bill). Goodness, my first charge posted 11/22, how does that happen LOL?
Anyway, p2 is 10 day away from being 90 days out for Chase. But that debacle with his CIP, I figured even though I gave them proof of his social numerous times, they still don't associate that account with all the rest of his accounts, so why not try before 90 days since they probably think his last card was in May. And it worked. Instant approval, and the card shows up in his account with all his other cards, not the wayward CIP. Whew.
Wow, the card arrives tomorrow. Impressive Chase!

I might have to go to an event at the Orange Convention Center in Orlando in Sept. We would fly in Friday, head to Mickey’s not so scary that night, and then the event at the convention center all day Sat. Fly home on Sunday.

I haven’t stayed offsite in years and don’t really know where the convention center is. I am debating on staying somewhere around the convention center (Hyatt Regency Orlando looks close?) and driving to the MK for the party or staying at an MK resort and driving to the convention center. I don't really have any dvc points left this year so I’d be paying cash for Disney. Have plenty of Chase points to pay for an offsite hotel near the convention center.

Any opinions by the experts here?

I might have to go to an event at the Orange Convention Center in Orlando in Sept. We would fly in Friday, head to Mickey’s not so scary that night, and then the event at the convention center all day Sat. Fly home on Sunday.

I haven’t stayed offsite in years and don’t really know where the convention center is. I am debating on staying somewhere around the convention center (Hyatt Regency Orlando looks close?) and driving to the MK for the party or staying at an MK resort and driving to the convention center. I don't really have any dvc points left this year so I’d be paying cash for Disney. Have plenty of Chase points to pay for an offsite hotel near the convention center.

My off site go to when DVC has no availability for a last minute trip is the Hyatt Grand Cypress. I think either is fine. I’d look into transferring Chase points to Hyatt if your night is available through Hyatt on points vs paying through the Chase UR portal. You will likely use less points.

I've stayed at several of the hotels which are connected to the convention center:

Hyatt Regency Orlando:
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-regency-orlando/mcoro
9801 International Drive, Orlando, Florida, United States, 32819

Rosen Centre:
https://www.rosencentre.com/
9840 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819

Rosen Plaza:
https://www.rosenplaza.com/
9700 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819

I go to conventions which run for several days. I stay in the hotel for which the convention has a block of rooms. The convention center has different sections; the closest hotel will depend on the section. The convention center website's event calendar should tell you which section your event is in, if the convention didn't tell you:
https://events.occc.net/

This map shows the different parts of the convention center and where the hotels are located:
https://view.publitas.com/orange-county-convention-center/convention-center-district-map/page/1

As to whether you should stay near the Magic Kingdom or stay near the convention center: I guess it depends on timing. Do you have to be at the event early (meaning you want to stay near the convention center)? Will you be too tired for a long drive/ride after the party (meaning you want to stay near the MK)?

It's about a 30 minute drive between the convention center hotels and the Transportation & Ticket Center (which is where you would need to park or be dropped off if staying near the convention center).

Let me know if you have more specific questions.

remind me please..... it;s all chase cards for 3 months velocity,right? including biz and branded?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter