I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Yes, they do have photo booths there, I can’t remember the price, I want to say 5€ per photo. You’ll see the photo booths near the ticket center. Uber worked out better for us (we arrived on Sunday) but since you’ll have the Navigo pass you should just use train. It really was super simple.
thanks yeah we're going pretty soon my wife thinks we would rather pay the money than go. when I went last time (i think it's in the 2022 thread) I would only use the metro if it saved me time. Now I don't know well see but I think my kid needs to experience a train until she says boring.. ;)

Gifting post

I have been less and less enthused with the consumerism of the holidays. Also, there's tremendous waste, from packaging to clothes, etc that end up in landfills, so I'd really like to be less wasteful. We're buying less for everyone; probably half what we normally would and have asked that they don't buy any gifts for us; we don't need anything. So this year, for our young adult kids, we had a few rules for their gift lists:

vintage/antique/thrift OR artisan/handmade OR it's a keeper/you envision you'll own it for 10 years

Their lists have been really creative. This has honestly been the most fun gifting year in a long time. My son and his gf bought a house this year and they're really into MCM design, so they requested vintage art and vintage pyrex (lol, who knew we were supposed to hang on to that!). Others requested investment funds (smart!) and vintage sports apparel.
Maybe this isn't less sustainable if you run the numbers or do some fancy carbon footprint math, but I feel better about it.

Also, a few years back we bought many nesting hat boxes. This year, I've been able to almost exclusively use these. I do like a pretty present, so I pop on ribbon and a tag. Yes, they take up some storage, but worth it.
Great ideas! We just signed the papers today on purchasing my Grandparents home, so I have also requested vintage dishware that she used to have. I have found a decent amount of Spice of Life dishes while cleaning out the house, but I am also looking for the Corelle plates she used everyday. Both carry pretty high prices at antique stores! The best part is that now we can apply again for credit cards. The process to purchase the house has taken about 6 months so we haven't applied during that time.

thanks yeah we're going pretty soon my wife thinks we would rather pay the money than go. when I went last time (i think it's in the 2022 thread) I would only use the metro if it saved me time. Now I don't know well see but I think my kid needs to experience a train until she says boring.. ;)
My kids loved the metro but they love the bus more because they could enjoy the beautiful city. Yes it took longer but we're on vacation.

My new ink MSR will be met before the end of the year. How, I have no idea. Anyway, as I mentioned the other day looking for a new card. I am at 4/24 until spring, so would like to stay biz if possible. and I am too early for either of us to app with Chase. Don't want a large AF. The 48 month on the Citi AA biz, is that since bonus, or since closing card? I can see the last payment I made on that card was in 9/2019, so bonus would have been shortly after that. Dh was in 5/2019 for his last payment.
I see a US Bank biz card, the Leverage card. I have not heard anything about that, can you get a US Bank biz card with a "business"? Any other suggestions? Delta is the primary airline out of here, but the only Delta I have not had is the reserve, and I am not wanting that AF.

Yeah, that was where I found that US Bank card. I haven't dabbled in US bank biz anything.

I've had two US Bank biz cards with a "business" with no issues. If I remember correctly they did call to ask a few questions about my business so be prepared for that. Have you checked DOC'S reference sheet that gives facts about each CC issuer? I usually check there if I'm unsure about an issuer's rules.

Finally used up the last of my Delta Vacations voucher from a pre-Covid 2 cpp Delta miles deal. Picked out an activity, but couldn't do activity by itself. Nor car rental. But turns out they can book beyond the online calendar. So I booked the Royal Pacific towards the end of the year, which was what I wanted to do in the first place. Probably should have tried that first before racking my brain on what to use it for lol.

Don't think anyone has these left except maybe @kmc8826

Got around to putting up my hotel reviews for our trip to Costa Rica over Thanksgiving break. We had a lovely time, but I have regrets about staying on resort so much. DH was a little sick with a cold, then DS got it, then I got it towards the end. DH and I would like to do an adult only trip sometime and explore more of Costa Rica.

Hilton Garden Inn LIR
Tabacon
Andaz Papagayo

We flew the one and only United nonstop SFO-LIR only on Saturdays and returns on Sundays. Peasant class for an expensive 40k miles/person one-way. Good deal compared to the cash rate though and can’t beat the convenience. They said the flight was full, but somehow DH lucked out with an entire row! Not for long though because then I moved over lol.

Hotels were 2 nights cash and the rest points. Used the new Surpass credit x2, Amex Offer for SLH x2, and AO Hyatt Latin America x2. 😊

Some photos from the Andaz I couldn't fit in the hotel post:

IMG_6007.jpeg

IMG_6025.jpeg

Sunrise. Small consolation for an early flight lol.

IMG_9519.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally used up the last of my Delta Vacations voucher from a pre-Covid 2 cpp Delta miles deal. Picked out an activity, but couldn't do activity by itself. Nor car rental. But turns out they can book beyond the online calendar. So I booked the Royal Pacific towards the end of the year, which was what I wanted to do in the first place. Probably should have tried that first before racking my brain on what to use it for lol.

I still have $1,400 left from that same promo. In the past we have made hotel only reservations, so glad to know that option is still available. I was hoping to book one room for a few nights when we go to Italy in May. I am just having a difficult time matching up the Delta Vacation hotels with the ones in the Chase portal. I am open to suggestions if anyone has a great place in Venice or Rome. Definitely need to get it taken care of soon.

I have a trip booked in April for 3 of us to Orlando. Flights and then two nights at HRH club level, 3 day park to park at Universal and then just recently added 3 day PH tickets for WDW. (WDW tickets are also not on website; you have to call).

Finally used up all the vouchers plus another outlet for the plat/biz plat credits. I decided to go all out on it since I wanted to use them all up and because Delta has said that the DV packages count towards MQD’s for status in 2024. My package now is just under 8k now…I don’t want to pay anything out of pocket for it but if I end up close to using up credits I might add a rental car too.

One thing that is a lot better than years ago is that lately you call and get through to an agent right away. That is a welcome change.

I received a call from a supervisor at AmEx (I placed another call after never hearing back from the first supervisor that was supposed to call me, this time I asked to be transferred to a US call centre since I was not receiving any resolution from the offshore call centre) with an update. Apparently there were a lot of cards that were impacted by a system glitch that AmEx had; the system wasn't triggered when MSR was met, so cardholders weren't getting points and FNCs. It took them until November to identify the problem and I was told that a letter went out to impacted customers on December 6th (I haven't received my letter). The supervisor said that AmEx has set a target date for points and FNCs to be awarded of December 31st. She did say that there will be extra HH points given for the issue, but didn't indicate how many that will be. We shall see if points and FNC are awarded by the end of the year; I don't hold out much hope at this point. @LilSweetPeaPhoto did your BF receive a letter from AmEx?

I have a trip booked in April for 3 of us to Orlando. Flights and then two nights at HRH club level, 3 day park to park at Universal and then just recently added 3 day PH tickets for WDW. (WDW tickets are also not on website; you have to call).

Finally used up all the vouchers plus another outlet for the plat/biz plat credits. I decided to go all out on it since I wanted to use them all up and because Delta has said that the DV packages count towards MQD’s for status in 2024. My package now is just under 8k now…I don’t want to pay anything out of pocket for it but if I end up close to using up credits I might add a rental car too.

One thing that is a lot better than years ago is that lately you call and get through to an agent right away. That is a welcome change.
Thanks for sharing. I will need to call and see if I have to book a flight to get the Disney tickets. We are going in October, so I put in hotel/car transfer and it says to call to add Disney tickets. We are about 5 hours away, so it doesn't really make sense to fly. I would much rather use the money to buy Disney tickets than trying to match up hotels with Delta Vacations and the Chase Portal for our trip to Italy. Also good news that they are picking up right away! I sat on hold for hours and hours during Covid.

Back yesterday 12/16 from a trip to see our son and celebrate Christmas with his family and our daughters…they flew down from LI as well.
Had a great time with everyone especially enjoyed watching our 4 grandchildren play and be together
MK on party days was great lines were short compared to non party days…
MCO was a zoo on Saturday…we arrived at 10:40am….good thing I upgraded DH and I to A1-15, so we were able to use the SW priority lane to check our bags…the regular line was probably over 30 minutes

TSA precheck was a 30 minute wait…regular was 45+ minutes
Food lines etc all crazy…I’ve been flying down each year this same week have never seen it this crowed…definitely arrive at least 3 hrs before your flight…odd thing was the traffic around the airport wasn’t too bad

Thanks for sharing. I will need to call and see if I have to book a flight to get the Disney tickets. We are going in October, so I put in hotel/car transfer and it says to call to add Disney tickets. We are about 5 hours away, so it doesn't really make sense to fly. I would much rather use the money to buy Disney tickets than trying to match up hotels with Delta Vacations and the Chase Portal for our trip to Italy. Also good news that they are picking up right away! I sat on hold for hours and hours during Covid.

Just because of the complications of using DV for something other than Orlando is why I just opted to make life simple and use it there on rooms and tickets. If they tell you that you can’t add tickets do not give up. I was told initially when I booked it that I could add them but I did not right away. (Was deciding what we would do). I called a week or so later and she said no Disney tickets. So then I called a couple weeks after that (less than two weeks ago) and added tickets no problem.

I am using DVC to stay the rest of the trip…just FYI there are no longer Disney hotels on DV but you can use vouchers for Swolphin or Hilton BC.

And yes having been on hold forever is why I added that it is much better now (thank goodness!)

SO I just called in to adjust my CL on the CSP and then PC to a CSR.... I see online it's now a CSR, but I have to wait for new card to arrive.....and here's the REAL question- I can see the TC online also- if I use the old CSP info to put a down payment on a hotel later today, will I be able to do that? Rep said to just keep using the CSP till I get the new one....what I'm wondering is if the TC will actually credit if I do this before I get the new card?

I'm so not ready for Christmas. My daughter had jaw surgery on Friday. The Drs and nurses were impressed with how well she was recovering. Of course today I'm home with her as she just looked so miserable when I gave her meds this morning. She kept telling me she didn't want me to use sick days. But I couldn't leave her to fend. My mom would have come over and gotten her, but I think she just needs her mom today. So with that said I've literally bought her nothing so far for Christmas. I've gotten her brother a few things. And I don't even have the tree up. The last 2 years w/o my dad I just really have not been feeling Christmas :( Plus my kids get everything they want/need all year long. So I feel Christmas is really isn't needed for them. When I was a kid, we had to wait all year for a lot of things. Now new phones happen when one breaks. Same with hockey sticks or clothes, etc. But I also hate not giving them anything. It doesn't help I had to drop $2500 on hockey this month (since my ex is refusing to pay his 1/2).

@*WDW*Groupie* maybe next season we'll try the markets. Right now I'm scared to go to Europe w/o other airline options home. In Feb we'll have the option of more backups. 40/50 is what home was. I wanted 80/90 and sunshine, LOL. Also I don't think he's heard anything yet. But he was just on a 4 day trip. I'll have him check his mail (he never does) to see if he has a letter. I know he was telling them they needed to comp another FNC since I had to burn points vs using his FNC on our trip. Also I didn't get the referral points. But I'm waiting for him to get his points and FNC then I'll go after mine. Did you get any of the points? I'll have to have him look at his hilton account.

I'm so not ready for Christmas. My daughter had jaw surgery on Friday. The Drs and nurses were impressed with how well she was recovering. Of course today I'm home with her as she just looked so miserable when I gave her meds this morning. She kept telling me she didn't want me to use sick days. But I couldn't leave her to fend. My mom would have come over and gotten her, but I think she just needs her mom today. So with that said I've literally bought her nothing so far for Christmas. I've gotten her brother a few things. And I don't even have the tree up. The last 2 years w/o my dad I just really have not been feeling Christmas :( Plus my kids get everything they want/need all year long. So I feel Christmas is really isn't needed for them. When I was a kid, we had to wait all year for a lot of things. Now new phones happen when one breaks. Same with hockey sticks or clothes, etc. But I also hate not giving them anything. It doesn't help I had to drop $2500 on hockey this month (since my ex is refusing to pay his 1/2).

@*WDW*Groupie* maybe next season we'll try the markets. Right now I'm scared to go to Europe w/o other airline options home. In Feb we'll have the option of more backups. 40/50 is what home was. I wanted 80/90 and sunshine, LOL. Also I don't think he's heard anything yet. But he was just on a 4 day trip. I'll have him check his mail (he never does) to see if he has a letter. I know he was telling them they needed to comp another FNC since I had to burn points vs using his FNC on our trip. Also I didn't get the referral points. But I'm waiting for him to get his points and FNC then I'll go after mine. Did you get any of the points? I'll have to have him look at his hilton account.
I hope your dd feels better soon.

No points, no FNC, but at least we have a resolution date (not sure if I believe we will get the points and FNC and points by the end of the year). The supervisor mentioned additional points for everyone affected by their system glitch, but said she didn't know how many -- I have a nagging feeling it'll be something lame like 10k, but maybe AmEx will surprise us. She also said that there were a lot of people that didn't notice they didn't get their SUB, which I find hard to believe.

Last edited:
SO I just called in to adjust my CL on the CSP and then PC to a CSR.... I see online it's now a CSR, but I have to wait for new card to arrive.....and here's the REAL question- I can see the TC online also- if I use the old CSP info to put a down payment on a hotel later today, will I be able to do that? Rep said to just keep using the CSP till I get the new one....what I'm wondering is if the TC will actually credit if I do this before I get the new card?
Yes..the travel credit will post

Folks who are using VGC as debit to pay off store credit cards: any issues lately?

Went to pay Lowe's card, two different VGC run as debit both declined.

We've been doing this for a few months, didn't change any of our process (register cards, set pin, etc). Wondering if this particular loophole is closed or if it was a fluke.

My Dell credit finally posted after about 10 days. As did the first of my Southwest credits after 11 days. Amex sure is taking their sweet time posting credits. It's odd how inconsistent it is. When DW had the business gold and they changed to a $20 office supply credit I did it three times and the credit posted the same day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter