I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Back from Mexico....I had to book 2 double bed rooms to use our FNC. I'm a diamond and the 1st time we stayed there they upgraded us to the swimup oceanfront. It was pulling teeth to get them to give us a King room this time. UGH. Didn't recognize our diamond or do anything for our anniversary. This time it was legit almost our 4th anniversary, so I sent an email and told them at check in.

That said, we do love the resort and walking around PDC. Last trip an older couple tipped us off to a massage place just outside the resort, $65 for 2! So we did that one afternoon. Forecast originally said rain, never rained! We debated going to Cozumel to do a snorkeling excursion. I did one with the company back in 1999 in Cozumel and like 2002 in Key West. They were great then. But the reviews online were mixed. Some said it was plenty of snorkeling time. Some said it was rushed. The kids and I have a stop in Cozumel in August for our cruise. I told the BF I'll try it with the kids and then see if we want to do it. The excursion we did prior was 20 min of swimming and 5 hours of "shopping". So we're scared to get stuck w/ that again.

I think I'm warming up to Delta non-rev. Granted I did pick a spot that was wide open. The flight down we could have had C+ but been split up. Instead she gave us our own row. I'm glad we didn't split up as I would have been next to the kid in front of me...the dad was screaming at him most of the flight. That said, we were sandwiched between a HUGE group and they spent most of the flight yelling over us at each other. UGH. The way home we had a later flight booked, but the shuttle comes so early, so we swapped to the earlier flight. Again, it was wide open but it had 4 first class seats open. They were able to put us across from each other on the aisles. I've been told international you'll get first class and D1 upgrades, but not domestically since they don't upgrade status on international ;) At the end of the day, 95% of the time, I'm just happy to get a seat, LOL.

Yes. For the HH personal card offer through DoC (spend $1k get 80k points + FNC). AmEx made me wait 12 weeks after I met the MSR before I could file a case with them. Now I have to wait. They have been able to confirm the offer each time I have called, so they should be able to see his as well. Dd also got the card and the FNC and points were in her account within a few days of me meeting the MSR -- this is so frustrating as I want to use the FNCs together for Italy next year (I'm going in the fall so will have to ask HH to extend dd's).
I did the Hilton Biz and that was the 2nd Hilton Biz and got my cert right away. Not sure if he did the DOC offer. TBH, I think I referred him but I don't have the points. Because his offer is 70k + FNC. So I think I referred him. I told him w/ his FNC and 70k that's 2 nights. I have like 800k HH so I can use for another FN, or I can see if I can book under the employee rate for $160. We likely won't go there in Feb now (normally our trip). So we'll see if we use them there.

I have 5 50k FNCs from Marriott. Was hoping to use them for Swolphin but so far the nights I'm looking at are over 70k.
So I need alternatives. Any ideas for Marriott 50k nights? I'm not really into Europe. I mean it's great but the flights are so long it essentiallly eats up more than a day of vacation each way. Will probably need to use it in June or July when DS is off school.
There are AI's in Cancun you can use them at. Esp in June/July. We've done that the last 2 years. We'll see if we use them there this year too, LOL.

Time for my annual - what to get a 12-year-old boy for Christmas that isn’t a computer game related gift card?
Any suggestions?
Hoodies? My son is all about hoodies.

I need to apply for another Chase business card, but that would take me to 7 business card and 4 personal cards (the personal cards are all 4+ years).

Should I close the business cards? anyone have more than 6 business cards?
I have 6 biz and 3 personal. I think I'll close a couple of the biz before I apply for any more. It kind of makes me nervous!

Back from Mexico....I had to book 2 double bed rooms to use our FNC. I'm a diamond and the 1st time we stayed there they upgraded us to the swimup oceanfront. It was pulling teeth to get them to give us a King room this time. UGH. Didn't recognize our diamond or do anything for our anniversary. This time it was legit almost our 4th anniversary, so I sent an email and told them at check in.

That said, we do love the resort and walking around PDC. Last trip an older couple tipped us off to a massage place just outside the resort, $65 for 2! So we did that one afternoon. Forecast originally said rain, never rained! We debated going to Cozumel to do a snorkeling excursion. I did one with the company back in 1999 in Cozumel and like 2002 in Key West. They were great then. But the reviews online were mixed. Some said it was plenty of snorkeling time. Some said it was rushed. The kids and I have a stop in Cozumel in August for our cruise. I told the BF I'll try it with the kids and then see if we want to do it. The excursion we did prior was 20 min of swimming and 5 hours of "shopping". So we're scared to get stuck w/ that again.

I think I'm warming up to Delta non-rev. Granted I did pick a spot that was wide open. The flight down we could have had C+ but been split up. Instead she gave us our own row. I'm glad we didn't split up as I would have been next to the kid in front of me...the dad was screaming at him most of the flight. That said, we were sandwiched between a HUGE group and they spent most of the flight yelling over us at each other. UGH. The way home we had a later flight booked, but the shuttle comes so early, so we swapped to the earlier flight. Again, it was wide open but it had 4 first class seats open. They were able to put us across from each other on the aisles. I've been told international you'll get first class and D1 upgrades, but not domestically since they don't upgrade status on international ;) At the end of the day, 95% of the time, I'm just happy to get a seat, LOL.

I did the Hilton Biz and that was the 2nd Hilton Biz and got my cert right away. Not sure if he did the DOC offer. TBH, I think I referred him but I don't have the points. Because his offer is 70k + FNC. So I think I referred him. I told him w/ his FNC and 70k that's 2 nights. I have like 800k HH so I can use for another FN, or I can see if I can book under the employee rate for $160. We likely won't go there in Feb now (normally our trip). So we'll see if we use them there.

There are AI's in Cancun you can use them at. Esp in June/July. We've done that the last 2 years. We'll see if we use them there this year too, LOL.

Hoodies? My son is all about hoodies.
I always love reading your posts. I learn so much and am always amazed. :teeth:

This mess with P2 CIP application from a couple of months ago is still causing me grief. They won't connect his card to my UR account, because it's already attached to his other cards so that I can transfer those over. No way I am going to remove it from there, becuase it will be a mess to try to get it back. And they won't connect this card of his to his others, because they still say the socials don't match, even though they have gotten the ss card 3 times. I think I am just going to cash out all the URS on this card and put them in savings, just to be done with it.

This mess with P2 CIP application from a couple of months ago is still causing me grief. They won't connect his card to my UR account, because it's already attached to his other cards so that I can transfer those over. No way I am going to remove it from there, becuase it will be a mess to try to get it back. And they won't connect this card of his to his others, because they still say the socials don't match, even though they have gotten the ss card 3 times. I think I am just going to cash out all the URS on this card and put them in savings, just to be done with it.

What a pain! But perhaps a silver lining is that at least it's a CIP. You can transfer to partners from that card if that's how you usually use your URs.

Sounds like you already used the points if you're thinking of canceling?

DH's Premier is up for renewal, but we haven't used the points yet. I need to have him call and ask for a retention offer first (might be able to get AF waived). If not, will downgrade to Rewards+. It will hold the points, but won't be able to transfer to partners. Comes with 10% back on redemptions up to 10k points. If he gets the Premier again down the line, that would be a good combination since the 10% would apply even to transfers to partners.

Another option would be the Double Cash for 2x everywhere. Custom Cash was also a popular option, but DPs say Citi doesn't allow downgrades to that anymore (you can alway try if you're interested in it).

I have already used most of the points--I have about 200 (so wouldn't be a big deal to lose them).

Do you think that downgrading is better than canceling in terms of possibly getting the premier again? I tend to use my Chase cards because I find URs so valuable, with the occasional AmEx if there's an offer. I really am just not familiar with the Citi cards. Am I missing out?

I need to apply for another Chase business card, but that would take me to 7 business card and 4 personal cards (the personal cards are all 4+ years).

I cancel all my Chase business cards after 1 year to make room for more. I never have more than 4 at a time. Have never had any problem getting approved, and I don’t see the point in keeping them open. The only value I understand is keeping multiple Ink Cash cards if you’re maximizing the office supply category.

I cancel all my Chase business cards after 1 year to make room for more. I never have more than 4 at a time. Have never had any problem getting approved, and I don’t see the point in keeping them open. The only value I understand is keeping multiple Ink Cash cards if you’re maximizing the office supply category.
That's a good idea - I used to think keeping them open made it so I could get more offers because I'd have more cards, but it's honestly getting overwhelming to go through them all! I need to get some cancelled!

I have already used most of the points--I have about 200 (so wouldn't be a big deal to lose them).

Do you think that downgrading is better than canceling in terms of possibly getting the premier again? I tend to use my Chase cards because I find URs so valuable, with the occasional AmEx if there's an offer. I really am just not familiar with the Citi cards. Am I missing out?

I don't think you're missing out. I don't prefer Citi points either. They're hard to get a lot of and many of the transfer partners are the same as Chase or Amex.

For getting the Premier again, I don't think it matters if you close or downgrade. I tend to keep personal cards open if there's a no fee option and no other reason to close it (such as Amex's 5 cc rule). Helps with age of account on my credit report, though it probably makes minimal difference.

You might want to keep your 200 points for when Amazon has their shop with points x% off offers. I've also had really old cards turn out to be useful down the road. Like the Amex Everyday from my college days (don't even remember what it started out as). Have gotten a few upgrade offers with that one. Or my old pre-churning US Bank Cash+ that has 5% cashback on utilities. Neither are cards I'd use a 5/24 slot on, but it's nice to already have them.

I have 6 biz and 3 personal. I think I'll close a couple of the biz before I apply for any more. It kind of makes me nervous!
Instant approval for Business card #7. CIC with $3K credit limit.

Hey everyone!! I'm looking to get my next CC, I'm itching for another MSR! We've been hitting Chase biz cards a little heavy to rack up URs (although my most recent CIP was an instant approval), so I'm not sure if we should take a break on those for now.

2024 trips are planned/paid for. We are planning a 2025 spring break trip (location TBD but will be a colder destination as our last several have been tropical), and a 20th anniversary trip to Europe for just DH and myself. That itinerary isn't set in stone at all - we are thinking France/Belgium/Amsterdam, and one of our main goals is to fly as fancy as possible :) We have about 400k Hilton points (and 2 annual FNC between us on our Aspires), however we're open to other brands/hotels in Europe that others have really enjoyed.

Current point totals:
URs: about 900k
MRs: about 76K
Hilton: about 400K
SW: about 200K (2xCP through 2024)

Cards/history (willing P2 as long as I "admin" everything):
P1
1/24
CIU - 9/21
SW Biz - 10/22
SW Premium Plus - 12/22
CIU - 3/23
CIU - 7/23
CIP - 10/23

P2
1/24
CIU - 6/22
SW Biz - 11/22
SW Premium Plus - 1/23
CIU - 5/23
CIP - 8/23

I've had the AMEX Gold since 2012, and I could churn my CSP, as my bonus posted in Jan. 2019.

Are there any other currencies/branded cards I should be looking at? Our home airports are TPA/MCO, and we know we may have to reposition for int'l flights and are totally fine with that.

I appreciate any insights/thoughts/advice this amazing board has to offer! :worship:

My love for the Dress Code Hotel in Paris is waning. Minor things, but when I’m tired they add up and annoy me. Dirty dishes left in the room today (I took them downstairs myself because they were taking up room on the tiny desk), no Wi-Fi in my room (I have been using my phone as a hotspot, but still), I had to come back to the room twice today and both times the elevator (only 1) took forever because housekeeping was using it with the carts they use to clean the rooms, and the toiletries haven’t been replenished since I got here (I mentioned this to the front desk and the conversation went something like this “the toiletries haven’t been replenished since I arrived”, FD “did you ask the housekeeping staff for them”, “I am not in the room when it is cleaned”, FD “what do you want me to do about it”?). So I will buy my own cotton balls, no biggie, just annoyed at how he seemed to think it was my fault for not waiting in my room for the housekeeping staff, or as he suggested maybe I could write them a note (I don’t speak French very well and they don’t speak English, so that wouldn’t work). Like I said, all minor, but things that shouldn’t happen.

I think I’ll try the Astra Opera just up the street next time — it looks very nice from the outside and when I researched it, seems it’s brand new and has stellar reviews so far.

Hey everyone!! I'm looking to get my next CC, I'm itching for another MSR! We've been hitting Chase biz cards a little heavy to rack up URs (although my most recent CIP was an instant approval), so I'm not sure if we should take a break on those for now.

2024 trips are planned/paid for. We are planning a 2025 spring break trip (location TBD but will be a colder destination as our last several have been tropical), and a 20th anniversary trip to Europe for just DH and myself. That itinerary isn't set in stone at all - we are thinking France/Belgium/Amsterdam, and one of our main goals is to fly as fancy as possible :) We have about 400k Hilton points (and 2 annual FNC between us on our Aspires), however we're open to other brands/hotels in Europe that others have really enjoyed.

Current point totals:

P1
1/24
CIU - 9/21
SW Biz - 10/22
SW Premium Plus - 12/22
CIU - 3/23
CIU - 7/23
CIP - 10/23

P2
1/24
CIU - 6/22
SW Biz - 11/22
SW Premium Plus - 1/23
CIU - 5/23
CIP - 8/23

I've had the AMEX Gold since 2012, and I could churn my CSP, as my bonus posted in Jan. 2019.

Are there any other currencies/branded cards I should be looking at? Our home airports are TPA/MCO, and we know we may have to reposition for int'l flights and are totally fine with that.

I appreciate any insights/thoughts/advice this amazing board has to offer! :worship:
Given that you have the CP and room on your X/24 count, I would recommend the Southwest Personal cards that are at an elevated offer of 75,000 miles/$3,000 spend. I'd even consider double dipping them and going to 3/24 on each player if you can meet the spend. Some websites are reporting the elevated offer will end 12/11. As long as you manage your credit lines and overall credit with Chase, I don't think velocity will be a problem in this one instance.

Usually close my business cards once they are a year old…I do keep a few CICs open to take advantage of the 5x categories

Current point totals:

P1
1/24
CIU - 9/21
SW Biz - 10/22
SW Premium Plus - 12/22
CIU - 3/23
CIU - 7/23
CIP - 10/23

P2
1/24
CIU - 6/22
SW Biz - 11/22
SW Premium Plus - 1/23
CIU - 5/23
CIP - 8/23

P2 is okay to go for another Ink.

Amex MRs are good to transfer to airline partners for biz class flights. They're easier to amass a lot of than URs if you're okay with high MSR and high AF. There is an offer on the biz gold for 150k MR, $10k spend. AF is still $295 (going up in Feb) and comes with a $20 monthly credit for office supply stores/Grubhub/Fedex. On the biz plat 190k, $15k spend. AF $695, but it's triple dip season. If you apply now, you can use the airline credit 3 times on one AF, the Dell credit 4 times. You may have to try different ways to pull up these elevated offers.

We are staying at the Waldorf Orlando this weekend. Anyone have any tips? I know someone recommended staying there but I can't remember who.
Has concierge reached out to you by email? They always have prior to our stays, and I typically request an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite through them. I’ve been granted the upgrade both times, however last time it was an additional $80/night which we gladly paid for the extra space. Because the suite has a full dining room table we use our $50/day food credit for room service breakfast, which I’ve found to be quick and efficient. We’ve also used it for pool side drinks and snacks. They’ve been doing renovations on the rooms. Hopefully that won’t affect your stay. It was different for us our first time staying off Disney property, but ultimately we enjoyed our stay, and now the hotel has grown on us. I hope you enjoy your stay. I would also try to request a Disney view. If you’re in the room you can see Epcot fireworks, and Spaceship Earth lit up at night.

ETA: Our final bill has been incorrect on both of our stays. Highly recommend checking before you leave. Just an unfortunate quirk in an otherwise great stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter