I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Are there instructions for idiots on how to do this or if it is even worth my time?

We are currently in South Florida and the only grocery near us is Publix.

We have a few CICs opened a while ago and a Staples nearby (that I have not checked out yet).

Is it worth it to buy GCs with our existing CICs from Staples? I just read here that the fee waiver for purchasing MCGCs is happening soon at Staples. Would I need to purchase 5 - $200 GCs, if they wanted to give a gift of $1k?

Or is it worth a whole lot more if we apply for a new CIC to get the GCs with? I do like to get SUBs and URs from purchases but I normally do not like to go out of my way to get those reward points, KWIM? Especially, with such a short lead time.

Any advice would be appreciated. TIA!
If you can it’s definitely worth applying for a new CIC…since you get 90,000URs after a $6,000 MSR in 3 months…make sure you use your support link for the extra 40k points…The staples fee free MGCs run 11/5 to 11/11…the visa GCs will probably run 11/12 to 11/18. Both are for the $200 cards so would have to buy 5 if they want to gift $1,000.

Some of you may remember that I lost my credit card spreadsheet a while back when my Macbook updated automatically. I recreated as much info as I could, but one of the things I am missing is when I earned the bonus and CP in 2021. Is there any way for me to find those dates (if I call maybe)?

Some of you may remember that I lost my credit card spreadsheet a while back when my Macbook updated automatically. I recreated as much info as I could, but one of the things I am missing is when I earned the bonus and CP in 2021. Is there any way for me to find those dates (if I call maybe)?
Does the card still show on your Chase login? If so, you can see statements for (up to) the past 7 years and you could figure out when the big bonus posted on the statement.

Frustration!!! I’ve tried every which way mentioned, and for the life of me cannot pull the 150k Business Gold offer. 125k is the best I’m seeing. 🤬. That’s all.
Did you try this? It's what worked for me, but then I did get the pop-up, so I guess it was too good of an offer for me.

Edge incognito> Bing search for amex plat biz and click the SPONSORED LINK (usually 170k)> open the sponsored link in a new InPrivate window> use the dropdown at the top for Popular Cards, click on Biz Gold

What are your plans for the 5 FNCs? Hope it's something great!!
Hoping prices at Swolphin drop but honestly nothing concrete. Thinking of DC and Philly next summer but haven't even looked into actual hotels.
I started a new job in July which was thrown into some turmoil at the end of August. Then a few key employees including the market CEO resigned. Which all leads up to the fact that I haven't even discussed vacation with the COO who I report to, as I am the only person in my position and I don't have a clue who will cover my time off. I've been hesitant to bring it up since the stress level has been a bit high. lol

FYI if interested: I just noticed you can now buy WDW tickets with points through the Chase UR portal. They’re priced about 15-19% more than buying direct from the park from what I can tell from the few dates I played around with.

About 12% more for my dates but points wise with CSR I would do it if I had the points. I don't right now.

For my dates, 15% cheaper to buy direct from Disney. However, buying Disney gc during a Kroger fuel points sale and PYB saves me 9% over the Chase portal, so that may be the way I go. On the other hand, that's a big chunk of money that could go to an MSR, so maybe the Chase portal is the way to go. Decisions, decisions...

I just did Universal tickets for an upcoming trip and a signature suite at the Swan Reserve through Chase for a future Disney trip. Let's keep this little secret on this board if possible.

Today the hubby and I were just reflecting on our past 12 months of travel and we were astounded by the incredible experiences we've had. A few years ago I made a big shift in my professional life to find more balance. I may have overcorrected 🤣 , but we are having a really magical time. I just keep thinking I'll never get these years back with the kids and that I need to enjoy it now. We live debt free, paid our mortgage off about 5 years ago, drive paid for older cars, etc. We did a bunch of house remodeling before I made my big professional change. I just don't want to be those people who work themselves ragged until retirement and then aren't healthy enough to do what they want to do by the time retirement rolls around. I say that as a recovering, burnt-out workaholic.

Venice and Rome, Italy for 7
Cabo for 2
Utah/Colorado for 4
Caymans for 4
Cabo for 6
Iceland for 11
Maldives for 2
Universal for 4

Just wanted to add that I'm so fortunate to have found this supportive group and have learned so much. I really learn something new every day. Thank you.

Stopped at 2 old navy today and no 3rd party gc. I know I'd seen them in the one before, maybe purchased too. Have one more to check tomorrow that I know I've bought them at before with a chase deal but don't have much hope.

My Hilton fnc posted this morning so I need to both call to book my fnc/points booking for next Sept but also to PC my Aspire down to a Surpass. My af hit sept 22 for timing of fnc.
I only have one Old Navy near me but they no longer carry the 3rd party GC's like they used to. I don't know if it's a nationwide change or not. I know I used to get them there. Not a change that I like.

Did you try this? It's what worked for me, but then I did get the pop-up, so I guess it was too good of an offer for me.

Edge incognito> Bing search for amex plat biz and click the SPONSORED LINK (usually 170k)> open the sponsored link in a new InPrivate window> use the dropdown at the top for Popular Cards, click on Biz Gold
Yeah, Edge is the only browser I don’t have at home. I guess I’m going to have breakdown and put it on my computer. I have pulled the 170k Biz Plat. multiple times, and when I do the best offer I see for the Gold is 125k. I’ll give this exact process a try tomorrow, and let you know if I have success. Thanks for the help 🙂

Last week we had our much anticipated trip to California to visit Super Nintendo World for my son's 9th birthday.
We did 3 nights at the Hilton Universal City. I used up my DH's Hilton points and transferred some of his MRs when there was a transfer bonus to top off.
I booked the VIP Tour Experience through the UR portal. We had several friends go over the summer who also did the tour and let us know we could add on the Nintendo Early Entry. So I paid cash for that and then paid myself back off some Instacart purchases to cover it with URs.
The day worked out more perfectly than I had hoped and it was well worth it. We got to do all of Nintendo, including 2 rides on Mario Kart and 2 plays of Bowser Jr., before our tour even started. Squeezed in Toadstool Cafe just before it closed for Horror Nights.
My husband and step-daughter did HHN the next night while my DS and I hit the pool and used our daily food credit on room service.
We flew in and out of Burbank which was super easy and very convenient to the hotel/park. Used SW points and CP plus some credits for EBCI for return flights.
All told we paid $381.46 out of pocket for our flights, hotel, park tickets, Uber, and airport parking. Total without points would have been $5,791.39.
I love this hobby!

About 12% more for my dates but points wise with CSR I would do it if I had the points. I don't right now.
so if you had a CSR, it's about 12% markup? Does this change if only have a CSP to look at?

So all this talk of using points etc had me looking at my chase page,I needed to combine some points onto my CSP......what happened to that page???/ on the computer I couldn't figure out how to do it! Any advice? I finally my computer crashed,and I did it on the app, but it was still basically hidden and I had to go find it.....wth??? Can it be done on the website anymore? If I didn't know what I was searching for I never would have found it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter