I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

CP Question. Applied for SW Premier yesterday got approved. Applied for SW Plus just now got this message:
"Thanks for requesting a new credit card! We'll review your Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus credit card application and be in touch soon."

What does that mean?

Definitely under 5/24. It's been 90 days since last app. Haven't had a bonus on this card ever.
It's my wife's account so I think I need her phone to call for the status.

CP Question. Applied for SW Premier yesterday got approved. Applied for SW Plus just now got this message:
"Thanks for requesting a new credit card! We'll review your Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus credit card application and be in touch soon."

What does that mean?

Definitely under 5/24. It's been 90 days since last app. Haven't had a bonus on this card ever.
Correct me if I am misunderstanding. It hasn't been 90 days since last app, it's been 1 day, correct?

What does that mean?

They are reviewing the application, you can check to see if it’s approved by logging into her account and see if it shows up….

But she applied for and was approved for the premier card yesterday…so it’s a day after her last app.

If you are trying to get around the 1 SW personal card rule, she’s going to have to call in and try to get it approved today

Another question about product change with chase! I originally had the CSP and downgraded over a year ago to the freedom flex. I now have some points to spend so I called to change to the CSR. The rep told me I couldn't change because the flex was a MasterCard and the reserve is a visa. Is that true?? I can't find anything saying that online, and I searched this group for info too. I'll pretty annoyed if that's true - I would've changed to a freedom unlimited if I had known!

I don't have a PayPal account but I'm thinking about getting one to use for the Chase Freedom Q4 Bonus categories. But I have questions lol. Are there any tips or pitfalls I should be aware of? Is the option to use PayPal Bill Pay still viable to pay your bills using paypal? Can I do this all on the web (cause I can't fit anymore apps on my phone)? Other than paying bills, how does everyone maximize this category? Thanks to anyone who can give me some advice!

Another question about product change with chase! I originally had the CSP and downgraded over a year ago to the freedom flex. I now have some points to spend so I called to change to the CSR. The rep told me I couldn't change because the flex was a MasterCard and the reserve is a visa. Is that true?? I can't find anything saying that online, and I searched this group for info too. I'll pretty annoyed if that's true - I would've changed to a freedom unlimited if I had known!
Last year, I know I PC'd to a CSP Visa from a CFF MasterCard so unless it has changed, I would try another call.

Last edited:

Agreed. HUCA

I don't have a PayPal account but I'm thinking about getting one to use for the Chase Freedom Q4 Bonus categories. But I have questions lol. Are there any tips or pitfalls I should be aware of? Is the option to use PayPal Bill Pay still viable to pay your bills using paypal? Can I do this all on the web (cause I can't fit anymore apps on my phone)? Other than paying bills, how does everyone maximize this category? Thanks to anyone who can give me some advice!
I shop online a lot, and the majority of websites I shop at have Paypal as an option at checkout. I'm about halfway through on spend this quarter to maximize the category. I've been able to use Paypal at checkout with United (for flight taxes), Costco, Chewy, Keurig, and countless other sites to buy shoes, clothes, etc. I always find this category really useful and can usually maximize it easily with organic spending.

My Dad just does not have good luck with credit card applications...

He recently applied for the CIU (as P2 to my Mom) and it is pending... After 2 weeks, I went over to their home and called the Chase Recon line from there. He gave them all the information from the application all over again and they are (re-)submitting the information again... And now we wait some more.

In the meantime, he applied for the Capital One Venture and was instantly approved! Yippee, or so we thought. It was impossible to set up an online account with them to track his card. They could not verify his identity based on his cell phone (family plan billed to me).

When he finally got the Venture card in the mail yesterday, it was impossible to verify and activate the card. Again, they could not identity him through his cell number and he could not enroll in an online account. We had to call. I again went over to their home. My DH came with to do some stuff on my Mom's Honey-Do list for them.

It was literally IMPOSSIBLE to verify his ID. We were on the phone with the rep for almost an hour. She sent us a link to upload his Drivers License so that the "computer" could read it and verify his ID. She could see it in real time but the computer just could not read his ID. It kept failing and saying that the ID was expired (it is not) or too damaged to read (also not).

She sent us links to different phones (my Mom's) and we must have tried 50 times, on black, brown, red, and white backgrounds, in different rooms, with different lighting, etc.

She finally had to send us an emailed link for us to upload his DL, to be sent for human eyes to verify his ID, which can take "upto" 7-10 business days... at which time, someone will CALL him to verify. At which time he can then ACTIVATE his card.

How in heavens can an old person who is not tech savvy be able to activate this Capital One card? My Dad would not be able to if I wasn't there to help him and even I couldn't get it done. My DH who was trying to help with the picture uploading told us to cancel the card.

If my parents didn't want to fly business class to Asia at the end of next year, I wouldn't be trying to get them all these SUBs... And we all thought non-calling husbands were bad...

Chase won’t move points through sm anymore. Somehow last year my csr went missing from
The right side of Combine My Points when I was logged in to my business profile. The first time I called to move points but since then I’ve been able to SM. No more. They keep giving me directions to combine points which isn’t helpful. I guess I’ll call tonight because I want to use pyb on my csr annual fee.

PP Bill Pay still works, but the bill you want to pay needs to be an option on there. You can do it on the website. Tip is to remove all other credit cards, bank accounts, Paypal balance, etc, except the cc you want to use, because they've been known to charge payment methods other than the one you picked.

My Dad just does not have good luck with credit card applications...

He recently applied for the CIU (as P2 to my Mom) and it is pending... After 2 weeks, I went over to their home and called the Chase Recon line from there. He gave them all the information from the application all over again and they are (re-)submitting the information again... And now we wait some more.

In the meantime, he applied for the Capital One Venture and was instantly approved! Yippee, or so we thought. It was impossible to set up an online account with them to track his card. They could not verify his identity based on his cell phone (family plan billed to me).

When he finally got the Venture card in the mail yesterday, it was impossible to verify and activate the card. Again, they could not identity him through his cell number and he could not enroll in an online account. We had to call. I again went over to their home. My DH came with to do some stuff on my Mom's Honey-Do list for them.

It was literally IMPOSSIBLE to verify his ID. We were on the phone with the rep for almost an hour. She sent us a link to upload his Drivers License so that the "computer" could read it and verify his ID. She could see it in real time but the computer just could not read his ID. It kept failing and saying that the ID was expired (it is not) or too damaged to read (also not).

She sent us links to different phones (my Mom's) and we must have tried 50 times, on black, brown, red, and white backgrounds, in different rooms, with different lighting, etc.

She finally had to send us an emailed link for us to upload his DL, to be sent for human eyes to verify his ID, which can take "upto" 7-10 business days... at which time, someone will CALL him to verify. At which time he can then ACTIVATE his card.

How in heavens can an old person who is not tech savvy be able to activate this Capital One card? My Dad would not be able to if I wasn't there to help him and even I couldn't get it done. My DH who was trying to help with the picture uploading told us to cancel the card.

If my parents didn't want to fly business class to Asia at the end of next year, I wouldn't be trying to get them all these SUBs... And we all thought non-calling husbands were bad...
Wow, how frustrating that was, and still is! Cap One is ridiculous. I tried to get DD a Cap One Student card but they could not verify her phone number (she's included on my family plan). Hearing what you went through, I'm glad I didn't try to call them. Instead, I got her a Discover Card. Easy Peezy.

PP Bill Pay still works, but the bill you want to pay needs to be an option on there. You can do it on the website. Tip is to remove all other credit cards, bank accounts, Paypal balance, etc, except the cc you want to use, because they've been known to charge payment methods other than the one you picked.
One question. Are you able to add other family member's credit cards to your Pay Pal or do the credit cards have to be in the same name as the person opening the PayPal account?

Chase won’t move points through sm anymore. Somehow last year my csr went missing from
The right side of Combine My Points when I was logged in to my business profile. The first time I called to move points but since then I’ve been able to SM. No more. They keep giving me directions to combine points which isn’t helpful. I guess I’ll call tonight because I want to use pyb on my csr annual fee.
Reps seem less helpful than previously. It seems hit or miss. I have a .02 credit on a closed CIU, SMd to transfer the .02 credit to another card. Reply was 'we can't transfer credit limit.' Which wasn't what I asked but also has been done.

I've had this issue as well. Somehow DH's CSR went missing from his account to be able to combine to, don't know how as it's on every other account. Used to be able to SM to get the points combined, now when I SM they tell "DH" to call to combine them. He just met an MSR on a CIC so I'm waiting for those to post before having hime call. DH doesn't really care to call but we'd all rather avoid calling anyone so I'm just waiting for those to post and then have him call one time. I don't get why they are becoming less and less helpful.
Reps seem less helpful than previously. It seems hit or miss. I have a .02 credit on a closed CIU, SMd to transfer the .02 credit to another card. Reply was 'we can't transfer credit limit.' Which wasn't what I asked but also has been done.
Huh, I've had a few minor amounts of credit transferred from one card to another and don't usually get too much flack for it.

I have never booked anything through the Chase portal, but am considering doing so to redeem UR for a Delta flight (return from Japan one way). I am nervous about not booking directly with the airline. What are the worst case scenarios of using the portal for flights?
The airline cancels the flight and decides not make you whole. Since you booked through a 3rd party, Chase needs to make you whole. Or, you book a fully refundable flight through the portal, need to change or cancel and Chase won't give back the points, or tries to charge you a cancellation/change fee. This scenario happened to a friend with an AA flight. It took many weeks, over 6 I think, of emails, screenshots and 3 way calls with Chase and AA before Chase relented and refunded her points without a charge. I've read about many other nightmare scenarios involving flight bookings through a portal over the last couple of years. I no longer book flights through a portal, be it Chase or Amex anymore. Even back when I did it was for domestic business class flights that were less through a portal than straight miles.

I'm an idiot. I just realized I can't transfer my URs to partners because I don't currently have a Sapphire product (or CIP).

Any drawback in PCing one of my freedoms to a CSP so I can transfer? Would that change be immediate, or is there any delay?

My last Sapphire bonus was over 48 months ago, so I don't want to do anything that will potentially jeopardize that...

I'm an idiot. I just realized I can't transfer my URs to partners because I don't currently have a Sapphire product (or CIP).

Any drawback in PCing one of my freedoms to a CSP so I can transfer? Would that change be immediate, or is there any delay?

My last Sapphire bonus was over 48 months ago, so I don't want to do anything that will potentially jeopardize that...
Your best option would be to apply for the CSP or CSR since it's been 48 months since your last bonus. If approved, the account should appear immediately in your Chase account and you should be able to transfer your points immediately.

You can PC a freedom to a CSP, but it will lock you out of getting a sapphire bonus. If you choose to PC, the effect will be immediate and you should be able to transfer points immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter