I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I need Chewy darn it. My dog food is $130 a bag.
I like to by Old Navy gift cards at the discount because you can then get the discount essentially at Gap and Athleta.

At least one of the banana rep offers I had was 20% which was better than ON. If you have it I'd get the gc there, I would expect it to work the same.

At least one of the banana rep offers I had was 20% which was better than ON. If you have it I'd get the gc there, I would expect it to work the same.
Hmmm I didn’t have that one I don’t think. I will look again.
I never get the darn Chewy offers. It’s like chewy tells Chase that I am stuck with them so why give me a discount 😝

@becauseimnew @2TxAgs @*WDW*Groupie* @elgerber @mmmears Thanks to all of you (and anyone else I may have missed) for advice on clothing for Paris for the winter. I think I've got the basic idea of a capsule wardrobe for him and am just looking for good deals so as not to spend a fortune on lovely winter clothing that might not get much more wear 🥶

We do hope to go visit him. Trying to figure out spring breaks for my other 3 kids (of course they don't overlap) and if we try to go with any of the kids or alone. With the trauma of my son's accident causing our big trip cancellation this summer, I'm struggling a bit with planning paralysis - scared to plan mixed with a strong desire to just do so many things because, well, life is short and can change in a minute. Thankfully, he has healed well but the effects on this mama linger.

Oh goodness I've messed this all up.

I have Marriott free nights up to 50K points each that I just got from the Chase Marriot Bonvoy card.

I miscommunicated so I think @wanderlust7 thought I had HIlton certs.

For Marriott I think I just check "use points" and as long as it's 50K or under I can use one of those certs.. there's nothing else I need to do or look for, right?

I did think they were Hilton FNC, but completely my fault I didn't notice that they're Marriott ones in the quote. I think I see FNC and automatically think Hilton because they're my favorites lol. Sorry about muddying the waters!

Hmmm I didn’t have that one I don’t think. I will look again.
I never get the darn Chewy offers. It’s like chewy tells Chase that I am stuck with them so why give me a discount 😝

I got it on a few but I have a 13lb dog who still has about half of the 30lb bag we buy left. I'm also totally set for toys given what I bought on clearance last year and about a month ago from Chewy because they had his favorite toy for cheaper so I stocked up in case it goes away. I do sometimes buy food early for a good deal but this is too early.

I had the 20% of BR on 4 of my business cards and 15% on all the personal cards.

Does anyone here fly Delta? Keep your eyes open for a gorgeous blonde Flight attendant who just graduated! She was my SIL before my divorce. A few years ago she retired from a professional practice, and I guess she's looking for something else to do! She's not quite my age but eligible for Medicare.

I'm quite proud of her.

Oh goodness I've messed this all up.

I have Marriott free nights up to 50K points each that I just got from the Chase Marriot Bonvoy card.

I miscommunicated so I think @wanderlust7 thought I had HIlton certs.

For Marriott I think I just check "use points" and as long as it's 50K or under I can use one of those certs.. there's nothing else I need to do or look for, right?
Yes, 50k or under. You can use the points you have available to “top up” a certificate 15k points. So you could actually book a room for up to 65k/night. 50k cert + the additional points needed

I actually need some flight advice LOL. I usually just read all your adventures.
We have only flown international a few times. Dh is going to go visit his brother in Germany in late May. I know it's late in the game, but it is what it is. He will fly Msp-Mun. Flights are outrageous of course. My main question I guess, I know Delta flys Virgin Atlantic flights. Is it possible to book on VA miles (if they are less than Delta miles)? I can't even see anything on the VA website. Is it something you have to call to find out? There is a bonus transfer from Chase at the time.
Just remembered the Chase miles are all in my CSP, so couldn't transfer into a VA account for him. He does have the CIP, but doesn't have all his miles yet, and likely it wouldn't be enough so I'd have to find a way to get mine to him.
Of course VA isn't even an option it doesn't matter LOL.
Cashing out my miles to cover a cash flight is on option. I don't want to burn most of our Delta miles on one flight, they are too valuable to me domestically.
I checked United, but goodness they are REALLY expensive both cash and miles.

One other question, that I am sure I know the answer to. When I go through booking for a cash flight on Delta, there is a Delta biz gold card offer. We have both had this card before. The terms say the following, is that a hard no or a maybe no?

You may not be eligible to receive a welcome offer if you have or have had this Card or previous versions of this Card. You also may not be eligible to receive a welcome offer based on various factors, such as your history with credit card balance transfers, your history as an American Express Card Member, the number of credit cards that you have opened and closed and other factors. If you are not eligible for a welcome offer, we will notify you prior to processing your application so you have the option to withdraw your application.

Editing this, as the offer vanished once I logged into his Delta account.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Considering doing this for P2 to extend CP for another year. If he were approved asap and met spend right away, any thoughts on if statement would close yet in 2023?
If you want the bonus(es) to post in 2023, then yes, I believe you'll get a statement closed before end of year. Longest I've ever gone without a statement close was 6 weeks. Shortest was about 2 weeks. Mostly first statement closes 30 days after approval so may even get 2 statements in.

With our MDD last year one card closed just shy of 3 weeks from approval and the other was usual 4 weeks/30 days.

Does anyone here fly Delta? Keep your eyes open for a gorgeous blonde Flight attendant who just graduated! She was my SIL before my divorce. A few years ago she retired from a professional practice, and I guess she's looking for something else to do! She's not quite my age but eligible for Medicare.

I'm quite proud of her.
I love this, good for her! I was hired as a Delta FA in 2000 and I trained with a woman who was 52. It was her first job after being a stay at home mother/wife for many years. She was the sweetest woman, and we all loved her. I remember thinking she was "old" at the time (I was 30). I am now 52 and realize she was not old at all! I went back to school and didn't stay in the industry. I could retire early from my career in 2025, and I am seriously thinking about doing it and returning to the industry.

Does anyone know if the Chase deal when using points on Apple products is a semi annual thing or does it just happen to work out like that? I looked back and found that it happened in May the last few years and also in October/November. I'm just curious if anyone knows for sure dates they do each year.

I had the 20% of BR on 4 of my business cards and 15% on all the personal cards.
I've got 20% off BR on my Inks too. I may just use to buy a gift card. Athleta is my weakness. I'm also enjoying my 20% off Bloomingdales. I picked up a nice basic black cashmere sweater with one of my offers last week.

I'm quite proud of her.
Good for her! That's not an easy program to get into. I love hearing about later in life career changes.

I actually need some flight advice LOL. I usually just read all your adventures.
We have only flown international a few times. Dh is going to go visit his brother in Germany in late May. I know it's late in the game, but it is what it is. He will fly Msp-Mun. Flights are outrageous of course. My main question I guess, I know Delta flys Virgin Atlantic flights. Is it possible to book on VA miles (if they are less than Delta miles)? I can't even see anything on the VA website. Is it something you have to call to find out? There is a bonus transfer from Chase at the time.
Just remembered the Chase miles are all in my CSP, so couldn't transfer into a VA account for him. He does have the CIP, but doesn't have all his miles yet, and likely it wouldn't be enough so I'd have to find a way to get mine to him.
Of course VA isn't even an option it doesn't matter LOL.
Cashing out my miles to cover a cash flight is on option. I don't want to burn most of our Delta miles on one flight, they are too valuable to me domestically.
I checked United, but goodness they are REALLY expensive both cash and miles.

If there's award availability allocated to VS on Delta metal , I would expect you would be able to see it in a VS search. Searching on VS is a little funky though and if there's no availability within 3 days of your search, it'll just say there's no availability. The key is to find a day available and then here's how to use their secret award calendar search, so you should be able to see maybe a whole month. I just learned this trick last week.

If you find availability, you can transfer your points to your own VA account and book a flight for your DH. If your VS account hasn't been open for more than 24 hours, you will have to call in to book. It doesn't hurt to call anyways to ensure the flight you see isn't phantom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter