I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I think I have decided to has my Dad try for the Capital One Venture Card. He doesn't need the Venture X features.

I can only refer him to the Capital One Venture X it seems. When I generated my link for him, it somehow generated an elevated 90k SUB for $4k over 3 months versus the regular 75K SUB. I posted the link over in reddit if anyone is interested in it.

I don't see anyone with a referral link for the Capital One Venture card on reddit. If you have the card, can you general a referral link and post it over in reddit please? Maybe it will be elevated too! 🙏

Thank you!

There is a referral bonus for Venture. Mine is 20k. I referred my husband and he now has one for 30k! I don’t think you can cross refer though (Venture X to Venture). I got mine for the 75k and that is higher than usual. Briefly it was at 90k but that was literally for only a couple days.

I have been happy with it and glad we got it. Good card for a flat $95 AF and easy 2% on everything. If he won’t use the benefits not much sense in getting the X with the higher fee.

Hi! Can you post one of your referral links over on reddit?

It would be nice to have a disboarder get the referral bonus.

Thanks!

I think I have decided to has my Dad try for the Capital One Venture Card. He doesn't need the Venture X features.

I can only refer him to the Capital One Venture X it seems. When I generated my link for him, it somehow generated an elevated 90k SUB for $4k over 3 months versus the regular 75K SUB. I posted the link over in reddit if anyone is interested in it.

I don't see anyone with a referral link for the Capital One Venture card on reddit. If you have the card, can you general a referral link and post it over in reddit please? Maybe it will be elevated too! 🙏

Thank you!
I’ve posted on Reddit

The saga with my HH points for the personal card continues. The October statement closed on October 19th, but no statement generated (no balance owing). Is it normal for no statement to generate? I don't recall seeing this before. I checked my HH account and still no points. I called AmEx 2 wks ago and they confirmed the MSR was met and said I might have to wait 8 wks for the HH points. Grrrrrr.

He made it! Got home right before 1 AM and pointed out that it was 9 hours door-to-door vs 7 hours if he had driven. First time I've seen my baby in ten weeks:) Thankfully his return flight is midday so this will be less of an issue.
Haha - I drive and still would want him on the plane at 18 versus a 7 hour drive!

Glad he made it!

The saga with my HH points for the personal card continues. The October statement closed on October 19th, but no statement generated (no balance owing). Is it normal for no statement to generate? I don't recall seeing this before. I checked my HH account and still no points. I called AmEx 2 wks ago and they confirmed the MSR was met and said I might have to wait 8 wks for the HH points. Grrrrrr.

On my sock drawered cards, if there are no transactions then no statement is generated.

Can I pay for a trip for someone else on my CSR and get the travel insurance that comes with the card or do I have to be the one traveling?
Like @wanderlust7 said the devil is in the details here. One of the most common things we use CSR insurance for is trip delay and that benefit has an extremely stringent family member requirement of "Family Member means Your spouse/domestic partner and Your legally dependent children under the age of twenty–six (26)" So your BIL, sis and neice will definitely not qualify for that.

Like @wanderlust7 said the devil is in the details here. One of the most common things we use CSR insurance for is trip delay and that benefit has an extremely stringent family member requirement of "Family Member means Your spouse/domestic partner and Your legally dependent children under the age of twenty–six (26)" So your BIL, sis and neice will definitely not qualify for that.
Ugh. I didn't catch the 26 part (or more likely I forgot about it). Guess I need to look into what Amex is offering now.

My Dad got this offer by email. Is it a good SUB and card?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231021-195931.png
    Screenshot_20231021-195931.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 50
So I wanted to go to Japan for my 40th birthday, but it was covid so that wasn’t even an option.

Next spring (2025) my husband will be on sabbatical and my kids have a non Easter spring break the first week in April.

This seems like a great time for a 2 week trip.

So I need to start planning points. 4 tickets in business seem unlikely, so ideally premium economy.

I have like 150k MR and 300k UR. What are my ideal strategies for flights for 4, does anyone want to give a rough itinerary idea? Kids will be 7 and 12.

I’m excited this might actually happen!

Is it bad to apply for a card over the weekend? Specifically a Chase Biz card? I can wait until Monday if that's better, but would rather just get it over with!

I encounter these sorts of cashiers every so often at either WM or the grocery store. If they ask to see the card, I just show them. Then when they say, "No gift cards," I just say, "Sorry, I'll have to come back later." I've thought about trying to do the swapping thing but I figure it's best to make as little fuss as possible.
This newbie is a little confused. Doesn’t Walmart want you to use VGC at the register? And I’m really confused at loading up the serve. I thought I knew most of the terminologies. But this is perplexing.

Is it bad to apply for a card over the weekend? Specifically a Chase Biz card? I can wait until Monday if that's better, but would rather just get it over with!
It's not. If it'd instant approval that's great. If you need to call for some reason the call will have to wait til Monday.

The only timing issue for applying, aside from having patience 🙂 is for an mdd. You never want to start on a Fri because you can't call recon on Sat/weekends.

I also did the jetblue card, they gave me the highest mosaic status, if I got the card they extended the mosic until jan 1 2025.
They also waived the 99$ fee and gave me a founders card, now if only mint would go to Europe from Orlando out of the new terminal.
How did you get Mosaic? I have the JetBlue card and their Biz card. Their new tiles thing confuses me so I'm not sure how all that works.

Fingers crossed. I just did the same thing for a flight originating in Europe hoping it might go through - got the offer redeemed email…waiting on the miles…
Update - the 20K offer miles posted despite a flight originating from Europe! The charge appeared as "Air France USA" - I assume that's all that mattered.

Overall, a pretty strong redemption - 4 in Air France business from Venice to JFK for 195,000 miles (used 156,000 UR with 25% Flying Blue transfer bonus) + $1200 AND got 20K MR back.

We are back from Greece (actually back Monday night) and had a great trip! Saw so many amazing things and was so glad to visit in October versus summer because it was still incredibly hot. As always, Virgin Voyages just hits - we had a rockstar suite this time and that was awesome.

I kept thinking I had horrible jetlag that wouldn't go away so I finally took a covid test Thursday morning and yep - covid got me. First time. The exhaustion is no joke. DH had it for the first time last month so he is okay being around me I guess. I will say the hotel and airport leaving ATH sounded like a TB ward with so many folks coughing and not covering their mouths (seriously!) - I masked up when I noticed this but it was too late.

Back in Greece - my favorite memory is eating at Katerina's in Little Venice on Mykonos. We got to sit on the tiny over water balcony! Best drinks of my life too - Ouzo Sour! I loved all the cats everywhere and took lots of photos of them, lol.

Now I have to rebuild my points and cash back stock. Gonna spend some time researching before jumping back in whole hog again. Trying to make my life as simple as possible these days - and not always easy as you know.

The first photo below is from Lindos on Rhodes. The second is a view of the Acropolis from our dinner at A for Athens. Great views during sunset! https://aforathens.com/bar-restaurant/

Attachments

• 393576336_10228202528439710_6046503199794796527_n.jpg
    393576336_10228202528439710_6046503199794796527_n.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 393501436_10228202534599864_7358772502365414830_n.jpg
    393501436_10228202534599864_7358772502365414830_n.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 30
We are back from Greece (actually back Monday night) and had a great trip! Saw so many amazing things and was so glad to visit in October versus summer because it was still incredibly hot. As always, Virgin Voyages just hits - we had a rockstar suite this time and that was awesome.

I kept thinking I had horrible jetlag that wouldn't go away so I finally took a covid test Thursday morning and yep - covid got me. First time. The exhaustion is no joke. DH had it for the first time last month so he is okay being around me I guess. I will say the hotel and airport leaving ATH sounded like a TB ward with so many folks coughing and not covering their mouths (seriously!) - I masked up when I noticed this but it was too late.

Back in Greece - my favorite memory is eating at Katerina's in Little Venice on Mykonos. We got to sit on the tiny over water balcony! Best drinks of my life too - Ouzo Sour! I loved all the cats everywhere and took lots of photos of them, lol.

Now I have to rebuild my points and cash back stock. Gonna spend some time researching before jumping back in whole hog again. Trying to make my life as simple as possible these days - and not always easy as you know.

The first photo below is from Lindos on Rhodes. The second is a view of the Acropolis from our dinner at A for Athens. Great views during sunset! https://aforathens.com/bar-restaurant/
My sister and I ate on the little balcony at Katerina’s on our Greece/Italy cruise for her 50th birthday, back in 2018. Also one of my favorite memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter