I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I hit the MSR on my HH personal card; neither the pts nor FNC posted. I checked dd's HH account and she received the pts and FNC when MSR was met. Has anyone else not had the pts & FNC post when the statement posts?
Back around mid-Sept, my points posted but my FNC didn't after I met spend. Did you check your account activity and see if there's an entry showing points and FNC earned? @FreeDiningFanatic posted some screenshots in post #9,055. If you have that activity in your log, you can call Hilton and ask the customer service rep to open a ticket. They did for me, and "found" my FNC. It got added to my Ready to Use rewards section about 3 days after the ticket was opened.

I am SO EXCITED to report back on the Verizon discount mentioned here last week. If you all remember I didn’t receive the offer for a discount after unlocking our numbers and requesting a pin. I requested the pin I believe last Tuesday morning, and finally went back in on Friday to lock our numbers after not receiving any offers. Well this afternoon I finally got an email for a discount :banana: I actually thought it was just some junk email, and I’m glad I bothered to read the fine print. Account currently shows us saving $40/month on our upcoming bills!!

I changed from Verizon to Total by Verizon on Sunday. The changeover was a little rough, partially due to my own mistakes and partially due to the complete lack of phone customer service. Chat service was acceptable but only available through their app. 3 lines went from $210 to $130. Didn't lose anything that we actually cared about. So far, service has been good, only noticeable change is that my internet speed is down to 25 mbps compared to 100 with Verizon. I'm not doing anything on my phone that really needs the higher speed, so I view it as a worthwhile trade off.

New AmEx offers

Air France / KLM: Spend $1000 or more, get 20K MR back. Expires 12/1/23
*Offer valid only on flights booked through US websites KLM.com and airfrance.us and via merchant US mobile app only. Flight must originate in US and be charged in USD to qualify.

Marriott Bonvoy: Spend $250 or more, get $75 back. Expires 12/15/23.
*Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico.
Excludes The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy®, and Vistana™.

Norwegian Cruise Line: Spend $1000 or more, get $200 back.
Expires 12/29/23.

Back around mid-Sept, my points posted but my FNC didn't after I met spend. Did you check your account activity and see if there's an entry showing points and FNC earned? @FreeDiningFanatic posted some screenshots in post #9,055. If you have that activity in your log, you can call Hilton and ask the customer service rep to open a ticket. They did for me, and "found" my FNC. It got added to my Ready to Use rewards section about 3 days after the ticket was opened.
I double-checked my HH account and no points, no FNC. Ugh. I guess I'll wait for the next statement and see if the points post. I met MSR in 1 transaction ($1,028) -- does that make a difference? I might throw some smaller transactions on the card to see if that helps. I used the DoC link and am pretty sure that I took a screen shot of the page showing the 80k bonus and FNC.

I am SO EXCITED to report back on the Verizon discount mentioned here last week. If you all remember I didn’t receive the offer for a discount after unlocking our numbers and requesting a pin. I requested the pin I believe last Tuesday morning, and finally went back in on Friday to lock our numbers after not receiving any offers. Well this afternoon I finally got an email for a discount :banana: I actually thought it was just some junk email, and I’m glad I bothered to read the fine print. Account currently shows us saving $40/month on our upcoming bills!!
i haven't gotten anything yet
what did the email say?

I double-checked my HH account and no points, no FNC. Ugh. I guess I'll wait for the next statement and see if the points post. I met MSR in 1 transaction ($1,028) -- does that make a difference? I might throw some smaller transactions on the card to see if that helps. I used the DoC link and am pretty sure that I took a screen shot of the page showing the 80k bonus and FNC.
I would chat with them to double check the offer and the SUB requirements. Our points and FNC posted within days of meeting the MSR, before the statement closed.

New AmEx offers

Air France / KLM: Spend $1000 or more, get 20K MR back. Expires 12/1/23
*Offer valid only on flights booked through US websites KLM.com and airfrance.us and via merchant US mobile app only. Flight must originate in US and be charged in USD to qualify.

Marriott Bonvoy: Spend $250 or more, get $75 back. Expires 12/15/23.
*Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico.
Excludes The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy®, and Vistana™.

Norwegian Cruise Line: Spend $1000 or more, get $200 back.
Expires 12/29/23.

Thanks for this!!! I got all of these on my personal plats. The Air France/KLM is enticing but the "must originate in the US" is challenging unless you book roundtrip, and I rarely do that. I have been waiting for some saver fares that have yet to appear for summer 2024, so that offer gives me two months, hoping those saver rates materialize.

Just thought I would share some flight deals I've gotten lately and the tools used, in hopes it helps our group here.

43k MR*= Chicago-Amsterdam, business class KLM, 56,500 FB/pp/one way + $204 taxes/fees/pp
Tool: Seatspy, one month membership. Had specific dates and created an alert, which emailed me when my dates had saver awards. Seatspy is a very, very specific and limited tool, but great for select carrier direct routes, and the best visual display of any of the tools I have used.

65k MR= Frankfurt-Doha-Male (Maldives) biz/first class on Qatar Airways, 65,000 Avios/pp/one way+ $250ish taxes/fees/pp
Tool: seats.aero. Even has a specific qsuites tool. Free tool, but had to watch a video from MaxMiles about how best to use seats.aero to filter, and that helped me a lot.

70k AA= Male (Maldives)-Abu Dhabi-Chicago biz class on Etihad, 70,000 AA/pp/one way + $148 taxes/fees/pp
Tool: old fashioned using AA's award calendar. Used tips from here to know I could put the award on hold and come back and book. Love that AA doesn't have any change/cancellation fees. Also, I'm newish to AA miles and can't believe how valuable they are. Glad tips here led me to getting AA cards that I wouldn't have got on my own.

*transferred during 30% Flying Blue bonus

I would chat with them to double check the offer and the SUB requirements. Our points and FNC posted within days of meeting the MSR, before the statement closed.
I guess I will do a chat. I have never held the personal card before, so it should be okay. I just don't like to have eyes on my accounts anymore than necessary.

The weird thing is when I look at the account it shows 122k pts earned, but obv since I've never held this card before that's not possible.

Not sure if anyone recalls my brief review of the Doubletree Truro (1 night when I dropped dd off for uni); I posted a review when HH sent me a survey. I mentioned the noise in the hallways, which didn't bother me too much since I was so exhausted from the drive; the GM e-mailed me directly and said how sorry she was for the noise and that she would be giving me a bonus (she also said that when they have sports teams staying that she will have her staff do regular hallway checks). I was shocked as I was overall very satisfied with the hotel. I noticed this morning that she put 7,500 points in my account. Will def stay here again next September and may consider staying here with ds in April (he will drive her car home for the summer).

The headline of the email was You qualify for and an exclusive discount on your unlimited plan.

ETA: I later saw I also received a text message with the same offer.
ok, I received that one. says to click link to actiate which I did but then nothing happened! great so I was successful too!

The weird thing is when I look at the account it shows 122k pts earned, but obv since I've never held this card before that's not possible.

If you're looking at your HH points on the main Amex page, that shows the total HH points you have, not just from that particular card.

When did the charge that put you over MSR post? Usually, the SUB posts soon after, but I've had it lag a week or so before.

If you're looking at your HH points on the main Amex page, that shows the total HH points you have, not just from that particular card.

When did the charge that put you over MSR post? Usually, the SUB posts soon after, but I've had it lag a week or so before.
No points, no FNC. I just chatted with AmEx; they verified that I met spend and the offer and said that it can take 8-12 wks from the MSR (Sept. 9th) to get the pts and FNC. So I shall wait and see. This has never happened with AmEx before, but there's nothing I can do but sit and wait.

Got the 7-10 message from chase on the 90k biz card I applied for this morning. Waiting to see the plethora of reasons for the denial like last time. Doubt it'll be worth trying to recon a "biz" with the reasons they are likely to have. Also annoyed that everyone seems to be pulling transunion now. Had 4 hp there before this one.

I'd lowered a couple personal cl last week hoping it might help as I know I'm close to having too much if not having too much after the Marriott card in the spring. Only have 5k in biz cl.

Explain it like I'm 5 - how do I utilize the 12 month 0% on new purchases on the Ink Cash? Are there any minimum payments due during that timeframe? We're looking at getting a heat pump and sticking the cash into a high yielding account while floating the balance.

On this Trip Advisor ticket deal with Target Circle, can we use it if we don't have a trip planned? Can we buy dates as far out as they allow, and just change the start date later on? I know we'd have to pay if the prices were higher, but I figure it would be on the ticket price, not the discounted price?

On this Trip Advisor ticket deal with Target Circle, can we use it if we don't have a trip planned? Can we buy dates as far out as they allow, and just change the start date later on? I know we'd have to pay if the prices were higher, but I figure it would be on the ticket price, not the discounted price?
I'm wondering the same thing, or what else is out there that would be worth getting and then planning a trip around. I have not dates planned yet for next year only the months, so trying to come up with something.

Got the 7-10 message from chase on the 90k biz card I applied for this morning.
Same for me just now. I knew I was pushing it with 12 open Chase accounts and total CL over $70K but I partly did it as an experiment since P2's total CL is pushing $80K. I have a CIU I can close at the end of the month and its CL that I could request to be transferred to this application if need be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter