I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

You always have such good tips, I figure someone here will know:
I will be traveling to Canada again next September for a conference The conference is in Niagara, ON.

I believe the easiest thing for me to do is to fly into Buffalo and rent a car- so 1- is that truly the easiest (I do try to avoid connecting flights whenever possible) and 2- there any issues with crossing an international border in a rental car?

The rest of the questions:

I would LOVE to add on a couple days (on my own dime of course) while I am on that side of the country to visit Prince Edward Island.

It appears to be an 18 hour drive from Niagara to PEI; however, when I look at flights to Charlottetown Airport from the Buffalo airport, they're all over $1000 as well as an entire day or two traveling.

Is it reasonable to take that same rental car and drive to the Toronto Pearson Airport and from there fly to Charlottetown? I see a flight on Flair Airlines but I've never heard of them.. but I thought one of you might have!
Flair is a discount airline; do a quick search — they had a few planes seized in March due to missed loan payments, which resulted in dozens of flight cancellations. Haven’t heard anything about financial problems recently, but I’d be careful booking with them. They only have 15 or so planes and if 1 has any kind of problems, that creates a ripple effect across their schedule.

Can you drive to PEI from Niagara? Man that would be a LONG and tiring drive. I personally wouldn’t do it, but it can be done. You’ll be driving across one of the busiest stretches of highways in Canada, if not N. America, so you WILL encounter traffic and construction, how much depends on what time of day you attempt to drive through Toronto. Rush hour is from 8am to 8pm M-F; you might get some respite from 11am to 1:30pm, but I wouldn’t count on it. If you don’t mind a toll highway, you can take the 407 from Oakville (west of Toronto) to way outside the east end of the city. It’s expensive, but you could avoid the worst traffic by taking that route (if you decide to drive). I always take the 407 when heading out of the city no matter what nav says because it doesn’t take much to snarl traffic on the non-toll highway.

I’d personally drive to Pearson and fly. You can fly to Halifax, rent a car and drive to PEI. It’s pretty easy and would provide you with more options. For airlines, West Jet, Porter or Air Canada. Porter just started flying out of Pearson so you might be able to snag a good deal (they frequently have 20% off promos). I like Porter — small planes, but super service and usually they leave on time.

Looking for some help with the transfer of Chase UR points to Hyatt. I've never transferred UR points before now so last night I did a small transfer to see if it would work--1,000 points and it went through right away. Then made a larger transfer--20,000 points, also instant. Then I tried a third transfer of 15,000 points, which is now stuck as "pending." I called Chase this morning to make sure it wasn't flagged as fraud, and was told no, it's just pending and could take up to 5 days.

So, does anyone know how I can get these points unstuck? Or how long it might take for them to just get processed?

Looking for some help with the transfer of Chase UR points to Hyatt. I've never transferred UR points before now so last night I did a small transfer to see if it would work--1,000 points and it went through right away. Then made a larger transfer--20,000 points, also instant. Then I tried a third transfer of 15,000 points, which is now stuck as "pending." I called Chase this morning to make sure it wasn't flagged as fraud, and was told no, it's just pending and could take up to 5 days.

So, does anyone know how I can get these points unstuck? Or how long it might take for them to just get processed?
You're going to have to wait, you tripped an algorithm with three transfers in a short amount of time. I've never had a transfer take more than 10 minutes. I've also never transferred more than once in a given six month period either.

You're going to have to wait, you tripped an algorithm with three transfers in a short amount of time. I've never had a transfer take more than 10 minutes. I've also never transferred more than once in a given six month period either.
Definitely! In hindsight it was not the smartest strategy. I understand tripping the algorithm, but at the same time it's frustrating that Chase can't clear it like it clears a fraud alert.

Definitely! In hindsight it was not the smartest strategy. I understand tripping the algorithm, but at the same time it's frustrating that Chase can't clear it like it clears a fraud alert.

May not be chase side could be Hyatt. Either way there's generally no way to speed up the transfer to partners when it does this.

More than likely it's on Hyatt's end -they might view this as a hacked account or possibly points "sold" to a points broker which is against their T&C so they're doing their due diligence which can take time. Lesson learned and once they realize you were transferring multiple times from your Chase account to your WoH account with no nefarious intent then it will go through, just not as quickly as you had hoped. Lesson learned-just because you were playing by the rules doesn't mean that those who don't in this game don't affect those who do, unfortunately, often indirectly.

Is it ever worth getting a Marriot card, or is it impossible to find value now? We will need a lot of hotel points in 2025 so thinking of every strategy.

Is it ever worth getting a Marriot card, or is it impossible to find value now? We will need a lot of hotel points in 2025 so thinking of every strategy.
Really depends on your level of stay. Totally worth it to me, but I have used the buy 5 nights with pts for the price of 4 at lower end places. The Biz card is 125,000 pts with a $125 AF plus a 35,000 FNC every year.

Really depends on your level of stay. Totally worth it to me, but I have used the buy 5 nights with pts for the price of 4 at lower end places. The Biz card is 125,000 pts with a $125 AF plus a 35,000 FNC every year.
Thanks! 8k in 6 months is a little easier for us right now than the biz gold 10k in 3 months. We just applied after your comment and it said approved and then my husband realized his credit report is frozen- is that possible just because he has several cards with Amex already?

Thanks! 8k in 6 months is a little easier for us right now than the biz gold 10k in 3 months. We just applied after your comment and it said approved and then my husband realized his credit report is frozen- is that possible just because he has several cards with Amex already?
Yes, as a current customer they wouldn't need to do a hard pull on him, which is what the freeze prevents.

I never unfreeze my cards when I apply for Amex, just the other banks.

Flair is a discount airline; do a quick search — they had a few planes seized in March due to missed loan payments, which resulted in dozens of flight cancellations. Haven’t heard anything about financial problems recently, but I’d be careful booking with them. They only have 15 or so planes and if 1 has any kind of problems, that creates a ripple effect across their schedule.

Can you drive to PEI from Niagara? Man that would be a LONG and tiring drive. I personally wouldn’t do it, but it can be done. You’ll be driving across one of the busiest stretches of highways in Canada, if not N. America, so you WILL encounter traffic and construction, how much depends on what time of day you attempt to drive through Toronto. Rush hour is from 8am to 8pm M-F; you might get some respite from 11am to 1:30pm, but I wouldn’t count on it. If you don’t mind a toll highway, you can take the 407 from Oakville (west of Toronto) to way outside the east end of the city. It’s expensive, but you could avoid the worst traffic by taking that route (if you decide to drive). I always take the 407 when heading out of the city no matter what nav says because it doesn’t take much to snarl traffic on the non-toll highway.

I’d personally drive to Pearson and fly. You can fly to Halifax, rent a car and drive to PEI. It’s pretty easy and would provide you with more options. For airlines, West Jet, Porter or Air Canada. Porter just started flying out of Pearson so you might be able to snag a good deal (they frequently have 20% off promos). I like Porter — small planes, but super service and usually they leave on time.
I knew you'd have advice! :thanks:Thank you.
It sounds like such a pain, but I can't possibly be so close to where the Anne of Green Gables miniseries was filmed and NOT visit!

Small transfers, followed by normal transfers can look like classic fraud. Nothing to do now but wait. Sorry you're experiencing that.

Live sports are killers for tv packages. Luckily ours is basically just baseball, but we basically pay $100 a month to watch the Cardinals play (or whatever you want to call it that they're doing this year lol)! But, we do love watching!
Absolutely! DS is totally into sports. Watches American football, hockey and Premier League football. Hard to get a package with everything. Plus we live in Chicago and he is a Green Bay fan, so lots of the games are blocked out. I have spent countless hours, plus $, trying to get access to some of the games.
Headed to the pumpkin farm tomorrow. Can you believe peeps live places where you buy your pumpkins from the grocery store? That's tragic. :rotfl2:
We grew mini pumpkins this year but dang squirrels have taken a bite out of every one of them. 🎃

I knew you'd have advice! :thanks:Thank you.
It sounds like such a pain, but I can't possibly be so close to where the Anne of Green Gables miniseries was filmed and NOT visit!
I live on that side of the country,and I've always wanted to visit PEI,haven't gotten there yet!

Frontier Air... I'm a little afraid but here I am trying them for the first time for a quick trip to FL ($70 r/t!!!) I'm guessing that low low rate is gonna = headaches and extra work? I booked for myself and 2 friends on Wednesday, had to do 2 separate bookings(1 & 2 together) and less than a day later they switched the time from a late night flight to midmorning-
which required "accepting" the change...which then required a scramble to do so b/c it's online or app only,no reps.....But the online link only told me the flight was fully booked (what?!?!) which then required a whatsapp text thread with them to just "accept" the switch....only to have the 2nd booking come thru to "accept" the change hours later, go thru the same song and dance,ony to discover I had to get into whatsapp on a DIFFERENT phone,or they'd tell me to wait for a rep to chat with ( I tried this, that means an empty screen holding for hours) in order to " Accept" the changes they made!!! I guess I've been spoiled by SWA's easy options for years now.
I guess this will be my learning experience...I hope they don't switch it up again like that b/c "accepting" it is stressful!I"ve already learned that I wish I had booked all at once on same booking number.....
:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter