I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

**Anyone have tips about getting directv lowered? Getting ready to cancel and cut cord. Just wondering
about local channels.
Not a tip about getting directv lowered, but I will share my experience from cutting the cord with my cable/Internet company:

I dropped the Internet because a new company came to town with better Internet service for less money.

So then the cable/Internet company told me I lost the package deal and they were going to bill me over $100 per month for cable TV.

I said nope and cancelled the cable TV.

I bought a Mohu Leaf indoor antenna. I think it was on sale for about $18. You can hang it on the wall or put it on a table. You connect it to your TV, then you tell your TV to search for the channels. I get about 17 channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW, Me TV, My 8, Laff, and 4 PBS channels. (Plus some other channels I seldom watch.) My monthly cost for that is zero. I pay for two streaming channels. If there's something in particular I want to see on another streaming channel, I will subscribe for a month, watch everything I want, and then drop it.

I realize this won't help the people who want to watch a lot of sports on sports channels. But I've been happy, particularly due to my dislike for the cable/Internet company I dumped.

I think most of that is from social media. Everyone and their dog is sharing how to travel hack, making it much harder to find good deals.
YESSSS! When I took my kids to Cancun the TSA precheck line had 20 in it. The peasant TSA had ONE PERSON! Clubs are overcrowded and denying people. Perks are going away. I mean I get that everyone needs a place to learn (we all started somewhere), but platforms like Tik Tok are truly ruining it at a much faster pace! Oh and the damn 10x group on FB. I swear that group kills me, LOL.

I feel like it's like flight club....first rule about travel hacking, don't talk about travel hacking, LOL.

Thanks for the reality check! DH and I have definitely discussed at length. We want to have points for other trips for us since we are empty nesters. I am always open to suggestions and still trying to learn all the ins and outs. When you are used to flying Delta for everything it is hard, but we aren't going to be Delta loyalists for long with all the changes.

Delta CEO is saying they'll be rolling back some of the changes. So maybe it won't be as bad.

Not a tip about getting directv lowered, but I will share my experience from cutting the cord with my cable/Internet company:

I dropped the Internet because a new company came to town with better Internet service for less money.

So then the cable/Internet company told me I lost the package deal and they were going to bill me over $100 per month for cable TV.

I bought a Mohu Leaf indoor antenna. I think it was on sale for about $18. You can hang it on the wall or put it on a table. You connect it to your TV, then you tell your TV to search for the channels. I get about 17 channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW, Me TV, My 8, Laff, and 4 PBS channels. (Plus some other channels I seldom watch.) My monthly cost for that is zero. I pay for two streaming channels. If there's something in particular I want to see on another streaming channel, I will subscribe for a month, watch everything I want, and then drop it.

I realize this won't help the people who want to watch a lot of sports on sports channels. But I've been happy, particularly due to my dislike for the cable/Internet company I dumped.
We‘ve never had cable. Always used rabbit ears and now a leaf antenna. Works really well. We get all the big over the air networks. Did hit a snag when our analog tvs couldn’t get digital airwaves. But then we got the free converters from the government. This was many years ago.

not big sports fans except college football. Now that the championship games are only on espn, we’ll sign on for sling tv for mid Dec through mid Jan and watch.

similiar..... I bought a used tivo box sooooo many years ago on ebay- no cost to hook it up and use it with my tv,which is attached to a large antenna in my attic(I live in a tough place to get signals) it's still working like 15 years later! I have a couple other tv's scattered around with the flat antenna attached, still get 10-12 channels for free with those too. Plus a couple of streaming options and we're good!

Even though we live in rural Midwest my husband has been a Dolphins fan since he was a little kid. 🐬 So we are going to a game this fall. Any suggestions for Miami hotels or city-specific tips? We are flying into Fort Lauderdale.

Oh wise "Ilovecreditcardssomuch" friends ~ I have a question about booking a multicity AirFrance flight.

Trying IAH>CDG>ATH. When logged into AF my account yesterday I could see multicity booking for this flight for cash flights only. I couldn't see the dropdown for multicity for booking with points. Is this because I haven't transferred my points yet and my AF account is at zero?

Thanks for sharing! This might be a great solution for my parents. Do you think we could hang the leaf in the entertainment cabinet? My mom isn't going to want this hanging on the wall.

Oh wise "Ilovecreditcardssomuch" friends ~ I have a question about booking a multicity AirFrance flight.

Trying IAH>CDG>ATH. When logged into AF my account yesterday I could see multicity booking for this flight for cash flights only. I couldn't see the dropdown for multicity for booking with points. Is this because I haven't transferred my points yet and my AF account is at zero?

So multicity isn't really an option when booking online with Flying Blue points (but you are right it is available as cash). Are you wanting to do a stopover (more than 24 hours) in CDG? If so, Flying Blue offers a free stopover program, but it's a bit newish. Check out the FT wiki here for details.

You'll need to call Flying Blue (1-800-375-8723) to book this flight as multicity or using a free stopover. Sometimes phone agents see better point pricing than online. If you just want to fly from IAH-ATH, but know that means a layover in CDG, that would just be a regular one way booking. You don't need any points in your AF account to see point availability.

So multicity isn't really an option when booking online with Flying Blue points (but you are right it is available as cash). Are you wanting to do a stopover (more than 24 hours) in CDG? If so, Flying Blue offers a free stopover program, but it's a bit newish. Check out the FT wiki here for details.

You'll need to call Flying Blue (1-800-375-8723) to book this flight as multicity or using a free stopover. Sometimes phone agents see better point pricing than online. If you just want to fly from IAH-ATH, but know that means a layover in CDG, that would just be a regular one way booking. You don't need any points in your AF account to see point availability.
Yes, I'm wanting to make almost two weeks of the entire trip and stop in Paris for 6 nights -- then onto Athens. I hate calling, but it is what it is. Thanks for your help!

so weird thing happened
got targeted emails for 5x on my Disney card and my hyatt card didn't even have to go to chase.com/mybonus but of course, me being me I checked the other cards and no dice o_O

so weird thing happened
got targeted emails for 5x on my Disney card and my hyatt card didn't even have to go to chase.com/mybonus but of course, me being me I checked the other cards and no dice o_O
I got emails for all 4 of our IHG co-branded cards, and our Amazon co-branded card as well. Nothing great... 7x on gas, 5x on Amazon/Grocery on the IHG cards and 10% back on Chase Travel on the Amazon card. I may put some spend on the IHG cards for gas just to appease Chase, since I rarely ever use them.

We’re driving home from staying one night in a grand villa at Saratoga Springs! I saw a last minute reservation for $378 on dvc rentals Tuesday night and jumped on it. It was absolutely amazing! We had so much fun and swam all morning today.

Attachments

• IMG_9730.jpeg
    IMG_9730.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9741.jpeg
    IMG_9741.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9740.jpeg
    IMG_9740.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 34
We’re driving home from staying one night in a grand villa at Saratoga Springs! I saw a last minute reservation for $378 on dvc rentals Tuesday night and jumped on it. It was absolutely amazing! We had so much fun and swam all morning today.
What in the world? What a great deal! It looks gorgeous. Glad you had fun and enjoyed it.

We switched to Directv Stream and really like it. We have the choice package which starts at $90/month and goes to $100/month after 3 months. We chose it because we like to follow our local MLB team and that package includes the regional sports channels.

When we got it, we did get a gemini box which makes the interface more like typical satellite tv with channel numbers, etc. Otherwise the interface is more like other streaming services where you search by category, etc.

One other thing (which we haven't done yet), is that you are supposed to be able to pause the service for a time if you want. We are talking about pausing it after baseball season since most everything else we watch is on other streaming services, but we haven't tested it yet.

We went from traditional cable (Spectrum) to Spectrum Choice last summer and the bill went down about $100. Choice is their streaming product where you choose 15 channels (in addition to the networks/locals). We did FINE with those stations, but the frustrating thing was that even though we had a Disney/ESPN+ bundle, we couldn't get the SEC and ACC sports networks w/o traditional cable. We survived w/o it, but this summer decided we should switch to a service that provides those networks...chose HULU. It wasn't until I was setting it up that I realized it would NOT have our regional sports network for our local NHL team. Ugh.

From what I can tell, only DirectvStream and FUBO TV are the ones that offer both ACC/SEC AND the Regional Bally sports network. So, we'll be changing again in October I guess. We have tickets to the first home game and then the team goes on a West Coast swing where the times are too late for us to watch anyway lol. But it's SUCH A PAIN to deal with all this. We've actually enjoyed HULU but we'll have to drop it. Glad to know you like DirectTV Stream.

Feeling pessimistic that the Verizon deal is going to work for me. I unlocked all 4 of our numbers yesterday morning and still no word from Verizon. I’m wondering if it’s because we owe money on some of the phones. 🙁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter