I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

A few years ago (2019 - I went and looked it up) I was denied a CIP and approved for a CIU on the same day.
Thank you. I wish they would just decide one way or the other, so I can get something else. I need something by October 13th or so. Now that they asked for yet another W9, who knows what the heck they are going to do. If it was me, I would call, but not going to have P2 call.

Your strategy about preference of seats is the same as mine. I did see a decent rate from EWR to CDG in May next year on a United partner last night. Hopefully that is a sign there are more good rates to come like it was in the past. Not sure when you are looking, but afan mentioned the Olympics and I had completely forgotten about how that is going to affect Europe travel next summer.

Very true. I forgot all about the Olympics. Luckily, I am looking in May and June. Maybe the influx in July/Aug will lead to better deals in May and June (I an wish any way).
we're going ewr-cdg next October. I hope rates/points are good for then!

I'm going to try point me in November to see where to transfer points to. Hopig United works out, if not AF

Thanks! I set up some alerts. Hopefully something opens up.
I have the same problem - no standard nights. How do you set up alerts?
As soon as I started using PPBP I checked for my HOA, but they are not there unfortunately. I do keep checking though since that would save me a little bit. Plastiq is still cheaper than paying them directly via CC and keeping checks/stamps on hand to avoid their extra fee is just not worth it.
Can you see what companies are available for Bill Payer without opening a PayPal account?

What I'm not sure about in the new program are things like the upgrade list that happen at later points. Like I book a flight now and it says that it added me to the complimentary upgrade list to be processed X days before flight.
Perfect, thanks for the confirmation. I figured they wouldn't suddenly change a current booking but wanted to be sure. Of course, if we make changes, the route gets changed, etc, I know we could still have trouble.

I assumed there was no way we'd be in the complimentary upgrade line, so if that happened, it'd be quite a surprise. (And the 5 of us would have to fight over who got the good seats, lol!)

What are you doing going to rental counters? I shudder at the thought of that! Both Hertz and Enterprise have free programs to skip the counter and then you don’t have to deal with that nonsense.
PP referred to booking using UR, so it would be a 3rd party booking and not eligible for skip the counter. Also could have been the first rental with either which means a trip to the counter to verify CC and DL.
Piggy back question, not sure if anyone knows. Hubby has AA status this year but definitely won't earn it next year. (Tons of 2022 business travel but then life got in the way)

When we booked our summer 2024 flights, it let us pick Main Cabin Extra seats for free as that benefit is currently available to him. Is the system going to realize at some point between now and July that he doesn't have that benefit for 2024 and either move us or try to charge us?
As long as nothing changes on your booking between now and then, you'll keep the seats without charge. If there is a plane swap, cancellation or anything else, you'll lose them and have to pay to get them back.

I’ve been doing a lot of planning for our Japan trip and it’s sad how many things have closed. I keep finding something cool only to see that it’s permanently closed 😕 We loved the Pablo cheese tarts and I can’t find any location in Tokyo that’s still open
i over planned myself still have half my list left :)

PP referred to booking using UR, so it would be a 3rd party booking and not eligible for skip the counter. Also could have been the first rental with either which means a trip to the counter to verify CC and DL.

As long as nothing changes on your booking between now and then, you'll keep the seats without charge. If there is a plane swap, cancellation or anything else, you'll lose them and have to pay to get them back.
So it works for seats but not bags? Just wanna make sure since we have a card that includes bags but we want to close the card

So it works for seats but not bags? Just wanna make sure since we have a card that includes bags but we want to close the card

Status and credit card benefits aren't the same. You have to hold the card 5o use the benefit. Just as they will lose their seat upgrade if there's a change after they lose status. You only get benefits when you have what is providing it.

If the total fee for bags is less than the af you keep the card otherwise you pay the fees.

Status and credit card benefits aren't the same. You have to hold the card 5o use the benefit. Just as they will lose their seat upgrade if there's a change after they lose status. You only get benefits when you have what is providing it.

If the total fee for bags is less than the af you keep the card otherwise you pay the fees.
I didn’t realize theirs was status related. I missed that part

i over planned myself still have half my list left :)
I’ve got a pretty big list of things plus some day trips. Now I’m trying to narrow it down. I don’t want to overplan since I don’t know how we’ll all do with the time change. I’m thinking the first few days we will take it easy and the other days maybe plan 1 or 2 things a day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter