I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I sent this to ask for the increased offer for the CIC when the SUB went up last year:

Good evening,

I recently applied for the Chase Ink Cash. When I applied it was to receive $750 for spending $7,500. I see there is a new offer to receive $900 for reaching a spend amount. I was wondering if there is a way to match that offer?

Thank you for your consideration,
My Name

The next day they replied back that they were happy to match the offer.
Thank you!!! Sending a SM now! *fingers crossed*

Good luck! I think last time this happened DH was working on the MSR, and I had already met it and we both got the extra 15,000.
I see my new card in Informed Delivery this morning. I'll be very interested in whether or not people get matched this time, as I had a one and done ability to meet the MSR in one day this time. If the card comes today I'll wait a day or two to see if anyone gets matched. @Crazed4DisneyinSC

UGHHH! I hate when I mess up!

I have the AMEX Biz Plat - and have SW as my airline. I had $100 left in airline credits to use until end of December. I just booked a bunch of different SW Flight for a Quick Trip to Disney for just ME and DD and then a Cruise in February for the 4 of us. I always get EB so purchased with my Plat Card... Went online right now to see if the credit had posted and I used my AMEX Delta Plat instead.... gosh dang it!!

After a 3 year hiatus, I am back for CC tips and travel. I had several trips planned when Covid happened, and since everything was cancelled I just took a break. We did finally take a trip to Florida this year and a few other small trips so I was able to use up most of the leftover points I had been refunded during that timeframe.

Here is my CC layout currently.

02/19 Chase Sapphire $3000 limit 4200 UR's
06/11 Chase Disney (the no fee one) $2000 limit
04/16 Chase Southwest Priority $12000 limit 51000 pts ( I use this one for most purchases)
2019 Chase Ink Business $5000 limit (rarely use after initial bonus, but didn't want to close b/c it was my last chase business card)
When I was doing the business cards I transferred limits so that is why most are low.

02/20 Amex Hilton Surpass $8000 limit 140,000 pts
2019 Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business $9000 limit 85,000 pts
09/23 Amex Delta Just applied for this one and will be working on the bonus $3000/6 months for 85000 pts, also going to use this one for Global Entry application

Other cards Rarely used:
9/15 citibank
05/05 Bank mastercard
07/17 Bank of America

I do have a P2, sort of. He only agreed to play when it came to the SW card, and Chase Sapphire. He still has Sapphire, but SW is closed. He got Chase Amazon last year which he uses almost exclusively and prefers that one.

Other Travel Award accounts
American Airlines 20,688 pts leftover from Covid Cancel
Alaska Airlines 32,160 pts leftover from Covid cancel

Bills:
Mortgage paid off
Taxes we pay annually in Oct
1 car payment, has to be direct account pull
Car insurance, direct account pull
cell phone, direct account pull to keep discount
All other monthly bills are put on a CC and paid off monthly

My travel goals for next year:
Florida Trip, will use SW pts for flights probably not a Disney trip though, just beach

My big trip for next year is 2 weeks in Europe (London, Paris, & Switzerland) in Sept 2024 Dates are flexible as long as it is past the Olympics.

On this trip it will be Me, my mom, cousin and bestfriend. Myself and mom will have points for flights and some hotel. Well the goal is to use as much points as we can. Cousin and BFF will be cash.
We have to use Delta for our flights for this one. Mom and I are working on the Delta points. All 4 of us either have Delta gift cards or credits. We want at least Comfort/Business for flights. For myself though I'm going to try my hardest for enough points for first class.

Our base airports are San Antonio or Austin.

I see I can't transfer UR's to Delta, but I can book Delta with UR's.

I can transfer Marriott to Delta, but that's a 3:1 ratio with a 5,000 bonus for every 60,000 transferred. Not sure that's the best deal though. I'm thinking save the Marriott points and take advantage of the 5th night free when using points if I can get a decent amount saved.

I am looking for the best point earning, for international flight via Delta and hotel stays in Europe.

I am also trying to decide which is the best order to visit each area. London, Paris, Switzerland//Paris, Switzerland London//Paris, London, Switzerland

I'm fine with booking one way flights to arrive and leave from different locations.

Also when is the best time of year to book these flights? I know they aren't available yet.

Sorry edited to add this question: If P2 gets a Delta Amex can his points be transferred to me?

Thank you for all your suggestions.
I think I want to work on UR's also to help with hotel costs. What are the quirks now with applying for those Chase cards. Are the business cards still an option?

Fantastic report! What exactly is the Amex Cruise program?

It's a benefit for Amex plat and biz plat holders. We got $200 onboard credit and Le Bistro for 2. Booked through a travel agency found on Cruise Compete that participates in the program. Here's more info. Link

My stacking for this cruise :D
~10% off fare (pre-tax) from TA
$1175 Amex Offers
$150 OBC TA
$200 OBC Amex
$100 OBC NCL shareholder

I'm not sure I've seen this reported here, but the Dolphin and Swan are now available to book via the UR portal (at least through the CSR, not sure if the CSP is still using a different portal). In spot checking, they aren't an awesome deal, but it is a way to use UR to stay somewhere with many on-property Disney benefits.

UGHHH! I hate when I mess up!

I have the AMEX Biz Plat - and have SW as my airline. I had $100 left in airline credits to use until end of December. I just booked a bunch of different SW Flight for a Quick Trip to Disney for just ME and DD and then a Cruise in February for the 4 of us. I always get EB so purchased with my Plat Card... Went online right now to see if the credit had posted and I used my AMEX Delta Plat instead.... gosh dang it!!

I have been there, so I feel for you. Within Southwest's Saved Payments, I've labeled my cards explicitly. My CSR is labeled "CSR only use this" so hopefully I can't screw it up. :rotfl2:

I think I have our idea for 2025. I was thinking 2 weeks out west to visit several places. Fly to Seattle, rent a car to do Mt Rainier, Olympic National Park, Crater Lake, Redwood, and then fly to LA to do Joshua tree and/or Disneyland. Obviously I have *plenty* of time before we can book anything to fine tune timing/places/plan but this lets me know I need to start saving a lot hotel points haha
Sounds like a great trip, a lot to squeeze into 2 weeks.

For Mt Rainier, if you are staying in the park, we loved Paradise Inn. Mt Rainier, visitor center (only place with Wi-Fi), and hikes right outside the inn. No AC, no, TV, and no Wi-Fi, typical NPS lodging.

Amex offers

Have a stay at Universal's Loews Portofino coming up. This offer $60/$300 at Loews is available and can be found on the generic offers page if looking to put it on a specific card. Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating Loews Hotels properties in the US and Canada from 9/8/2023 to 1/5/2024.

I've never stayed at Loew's Universal properties and already have a bunch of credits coming through from FHR benefits, so not sure I would spend $300 there. But, any chance they have a Universal gift shop on site which could be charged to the room?

$200/$1000 at select WA, Conrad, LXR. Wasn't previously there but popped up on Amex plat. Get a one-time $200 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating Hilton properties in Anguilla, French Polynesia, Mexico and the US from 9/1/2023 to 12/31/2023
Usually the Loews properties at Uni are excluded from those offers. I looked at the terms from your link and I did see "Offer not valid for Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort™. " included so I wouldn't count on it working - unless anyone has DPs for it?

Usually the Loews properties at Uni are excluded from those offers. I looked at the terms from your link and I did see "Offer not valid for Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort™. " included so I wouldn't count on it working - unless anyone has DPs for it?
You are a saint for telling me this, since I clearly didn't read the fine print. I'm just the type to try to spend money to "save money" and I would have been so mad at myself. I'll correct my post!

I'll report back on their reply to my match request!
Quoting myself, since I got a reply back from my secure message. This is what they said:

"The offer you requested was 90,000 bonus points after you have spent $6,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Our records show that you have not met the spending requirement yet. Once you meet the required spend, please reply to this email to claim the offer. We'll post the original bonus points to your account within six to eight weeks after the billing cycle in which you qualify."

So I'm guessing once I meet the spend, I message back, and they'll post the 15K difference. Is that what it seems like to you guys too?

Quoting myself, since I got a reply back from my secure message. This is what they said:

"The offer you requested was 90,000 bonus points after you have spent $6,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Our records show that you have not met the spending requirement yet. Once you meet the required spend, please reply to this email to claim the offer. We'll post the original bonus points to your account within six to eight weeks after the billing cycle in which you qualify."

So I'm guessing once I meet the spend, I message back, and they'll post the 15K difference. Is that what it seems like to you guys too?
That is pretty much the same message I got last time they did this, and they did give me the credit.

Come on Chase, I faxed the W9 you asked for on P2 CIP on Friday end of day, get that darn card approved please!!!

Yes, sounds right. Question - did you use a support link on this app? I'm paying down the balances on DH's other 2 Inks to about 25% in preparation for sending him a support link. (They still only show 75,000 URs)

On the other hand, could have him get an Ink Preferred since that gives 3X URs on travel and I will be using it to pay off a cruise. Too many decisions!

Last edited:
It's a benefit for Amex plat and biz plat holders. We got $200 onboard credit and Le Bistro for 2. Booked through a travel agency found on Cruise Compete that participates in the program. Here's more info. Link

My stacking for this cruise :D
~10% off fare (pre-tax) from TA
$1175 Amex Offers
$150 OBC TA
$200 OBC Amex
$100 OBC NCL shareholder
HOW DID YOU FIND AN AGENCY THRU cc THAT PARTICIPATED? DIDN'T HAVE TO GO THRU AMEX TRAVEL? WOULD YOU MIND SENDING ME HER NAME? GETTING READY TO BOOK
THANKS

OOPS SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS, DIDN'T RALIZE IT WAS ON

Yes, sounds right. Question - did you use a support link on this app? I'm paying down the balances on DH's other 2 Inks to about 25% in preparation for sending him a support link. (They still only show 75,000 URs)

On the other hand, could have him get an Ink Preferred since that gives 3X URs on travel and I will be using it to pay off a cruise. Too many decisions!
Yes, supported from DH’s account. The 40k support bonus posted already. I have about 2k left on the 6k spend, so I’ll report back once I meet the spend to let you guys know if they credit the additional 15k URs.

If it works out, it’s quite a great haul… maybe my best ever: 75k sub + 40k referral + 9k on spend + 15k match = 139k!!!

I think the only way it could’ve been better is if it was a CIC and you met all the spend at office supply stores on gift cards, to get 5x points… effectively netting you 21k more, for a total of 160k!! I might’ve just actually convinced myself to app for DH using my own support link 😂

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter