I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have a chase offer for 10% off Southwest purchase that expires today. If I purchase a gift card, what is the chance that the system will recognize it for today to get the percent off?

I just booked 6 OW flights in econ on AA from MIA to LHR for next year for the cruise redo. My husband had 370k - why do you find them so valuable, if you don't mind sharing? The business class seems to be ridiculous amounts of points even 11 months out to the day.
We LOVE AA miles. We’ve booked flights from TUL to the coast for 6k miles.
We flew Paris to TUL for 22.5k miles (Thanksgiving weekend)
Booked South Africa to Tulsa for 40k miles + free premium seat selection on Qatar. Our flight to South Africa I booked directly with Qatar and have to pay for seat selection ($50/person, $160 for the premium seats we booked for free with AA).
Have flown OW to/from Mazatlan for 10k miles
We usually fly SW for domestic routes but I’ve found some great domestic deals on AA.

I'm glad your son is doing ok.... thanks for the DP's on the refunds, did you buy airfair thru the UR portal,or separately,and CSR refunded?
We booked directly through Icelandair, paid with the CSR. Chase Travel Cancellation coverage covered the non-refundable portion of the Icelandair flights. Painless process as long as you have your backup documentation.

Might be that you're bumping up against dynamic pricing. I think AA still uses an award chart for partner redemptions, so 70k in business class to Asia, India, the middle east and Africa. Plus I think the taxes and fees are much, much lower booking through AA. I also found some 10k OW flights to the Cayman Islands over Easter break, whereas they were 25-50k on other airlines.

We LOVE AA miles. We’ve booked flights from TUL to the coast for 6k miles.
We flew Paris to TUL for 22.5k miles (Thanksgiving weekend)
Booked South Africa to Tulsa for 40k miles + free premium seat selection on Qatar. Our flight to South Africa I booked directly with Qatar and have to pay for seat selection ($50/person, $160 for the premium seats we booked for free with AA).
Have flown OW to/from Mazatlan for 10k miles
We usually fly SW for domestic routes but I’ve found some great domestic deals on AA.
Thank you both. I have alot to learn regarding AA partner flights especially now as we will generally be less than 6 people as my kids get older and have jobs, SO, school, etc.

I have a chase offer for 10% off Southwest purchase that expires today. If I purchase a gift card, what is the chance that the system will recognize it for today to get the percent off?
Overall I've had good success with chase offers posting when I've used them on the expiration date, although I try to make the purchase earlier in the day rather than later. However, chase offers that require something to be shipped, I've been burned on before since those don't show as a transaction until the item ships. I personally book refundable fares for SW.

I'm kind of annoyed with usps informed delivery... they do this a lot around here where it appears I'm going to get an important piece of mail today, but it doesn't show up. I'm hoping it shows tomorrow - anyone else have this happen?

I'm kind of annoyed with usps informed delivery... they do this a lot around here where it appears I'm going to get an important piece of mail today, but it doesn't show up. I'm hoping it shows tomorrow - anyone else have this happen?
It's not the informed delivery, it's your local carriers. This happens in my neighborhood daily. We are lucky to see mail 3 times a week, if that. The truck comes every day, because of Amazon, but the mail does not.

We’ve started looking ahead at 2025 for trips and have a few ideas but I wanted to get some input from all of you. So far we thought maybe a week in Costa Rica over spring break and maybe two weeks in Norway in the summer. We had never considered Costa Rica before but I know a lot of you have gone and I saw it mentioned a lot on articles of places to go with families. It’s such a short plane ride from us. Any thoughts about going there for one week in March?

For Norway, we’re trying to decide to fly and stay or do a cruise. We’re leaning more towards flying and making a stop in London but I would love to know what some of you think that have done one or the other.

So my CIP turn CIC turn CIP just had the AF post. I'm thinking off just cancelling it. I already have 2 CICs. I kinda want to cancel my CIU shortly and reapply for that again (working on the Bonvoy spend right now). Should I change the card to something else? At the time I needed the CIP to transfer URs (I didn't have a CSP or CSR, and wasn't ready to do the MDD. Now I have both).

My Amex Gold biz AF hits soon too. There is nothing to downgrade to, right? I NEVER use the card outside of the funeral. I have the everyday, so my URs are good, right?

I'm thinking of canceling my CSP this fall (opened Sept '19) and it just occurred to me that the 4 year is between bonuses...that's literally 4 years since the SUB bonus hit my UR balance? I met my MSR in the first month (rehearsal dinner), so I would presume I'm safe to cancel-reapply in November or downgrade to a Freedom and wait for an elevated SUB.

My URs are dwindling, so it's time to replenish. P2 has a decent stash of them, but it's amazing how fast you can burn thru 200k of URs. A LOT of them went to Hyatt for 4 nights in Key West in January. Maybe I'll feel better about using them once I actually...use them! :)

I'm thinking of canceling my CSP this fall (opened Sept '19) and it just occurred to me that the 4 year is between bonuses...that's literally 4 years since the SUB bonus hit my UR balance? I met my MSR in the first month (rehearsal dinner), so I would presume I'm safe to cancel-reapply in November or downgrade to a Freedom and wait for an elevated SUB.

My URs are dwindling, so it's time to replenish. P2 has a decent stash of them, but it's amazing how fast you can burn thru 200k of URs. A LOT of them went to Hyatt for 4 nights in Key West in January. Maybe I'll feel better about using them once I actually...use them! :)
You should just downgrade it to a freedom, that way you don't have to wait 30 days to open a new Sapphire.

It's not the informed delivery, it's your local carriers. This happens in my neighborhood daily. We are lucky to see mail 3 times a week, if that. The truck comes every day, because of Amazon, but the mail does not.
Yes, a few years ago we started getting random carriers, now it's not even daily a lot of time,you're right!

I've watched them drive right by my mailbox when I know something is supposed to be delivered. Sometimes it shows up the next day, sometimes it's longer. And they wonder why people get mad at them. I'd really hate it if I was depending on mail, I get most of things online but still!

And don't even get me started on my neighbors one street over with the same house number. They routinely get our mail and never bring it over, we have to go get it ourselves.

I've watched them drive right by my mailbox when I know something is supposed to be delivered. Sometimes it shows up the next day, sometimes it's longer. And they wonder why people get mad at them. I'd really hate it if I was depending on mail, I get most of things online but still!

And don't even get me started on my neighbors one street over with the same house number. They routinely get our mail and never bring it over, we have to go get it ourselves.
I had two packages in one week, a couple of weeks ago, from Amazon out for delivery. Both days they said they were coming by 9. Both days around 8pm, USPS changed the status to delivery attempted, available for pickup. Well we were home, in full view of the front door and the mailbox, and the garage door was wide open. They never attempted anything.

We’ve started looking ahead at 2025 for trips and have a few ideas but I wanted to get some input from all of you. So far we thought maybe a week in Costa Rica over spring break and maybe two weeks in Norway in the summer. We had never considered Costa Rica before but I know a lot of you have gone and I saw it mentioned a lot on articles of places to go with families. It’s such a short plane ride from us. Any thoughts about going there for one week in March?

For Norway, we’re trying to decide to fly and stay or do a cruise. We’re leaning more towards flying and making a stop in London but I would love to know what some of you think that have done one or the other.
We spent a week in Costa Rica this past March. Right around the same time as @CyndiLouWho. We spent half of our time in La Fortuna, using an Airbnb, and the other half at Los Altos Hyatt SLH property in Manuel Antonio. We rented a car for our trip to drive between the locations. We LOVED Los Altos. The room if you want to call a 2500sq ft condo a room (haha) was wonderful, as was our service. It’s walkable into town for restaurants and groceries. We haven’t been further north to the Andaz so can’t speak to that, but Costa Rica is a beautiful country with some of the friendliest people I’ve ever met. We hope to go back again someday to explore more.

We spent a week in Costa Rica this past March. Right around the same time as @CyndiLouWho. We spent half of our time in La Fortuna, using an Airbnb, and the other half at Los Altos Hyatt SLH property in Manuel Antonio. We rented a car for our trip to drive between the locations. We LOVED Los Altos. The room if you want to call a 2500sq ft condo a room (haha) was wonderful, as was our service. It’s walkable into town for restaurants and groceries. We haven’t been further north to the Andaz so can’t speak to that, but Costa Rica is a beautiful country with some of the friendliest people I’ve ever met. We hope to go back again someday to explore more.
We'll be there (Los Altos) in 3 months and we can't wait! Every time you mention it, it makes us more excited. We've been to a few other Central American countries - Honduras and Belize - and we loved them, so I know we'll love CR too. I'm looking into excursions on the Chase portal. If we have enough time after we land in San Jose the first day, I would really love to make it to the Starbucks farm. Also looking into the mangrove boat tour (Damas Island) in Manuel Antonio. Has anyone done that one? Or Nuayaca Waterfalls? We'll have a car so we can do the falls on our own, not guided.

Thanks for sharing! How far in advance did you book the Hyatt? Do you mind sharing the Airbnb you stayed at? I’ve done no research yet lol. We just started looking at places to go and decided Costa Rica would be a nice week long trip that’s not too far away

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter