I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Not at all pleased with AMEX over here. The AU fees were high enough as it was. And we actually used the Audible credits without having to do a lot of work (unlike most of what they offer through their coupon book). So they got rid of stuff I wanted, yet the WalMart Plus stuff I don't care about remains. Ugh.

Chining in late on this, but I'm a big fan of Patagonia capeline shirts for both travel and hiking. https://www.patagonia.com/product/womens-capilene-cool-daily-shirt/45225.html?dwvar_45225_color=WHI I have both merino and capeline and much much prefer the latter--they're very soft/silky and cool. I probably have 20 of them :) The white and black short/long sleeve are great for travel as they can go under nice shirts/sweaters to protect them for multiple wears and add an additional layer of warmth. They roll/compact into almost nothing. I've worn them multiple days on long hikes and they basically never smell--even going to Everest base camp LOL. I even wear them at home with jeans under blazers, etc. They should give me money I recommend them so much.

I love those shirts. I only have a few but they go with me on most trips I take. I love how tiny they are and they aren't itchy at all.

Yes, we do the Disney Bundle for $20, the credit covers it.
Did you see the price is about to go up? I’m assuming you’ve got the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle? That price is going way up by they are adding a bundle that’s just Hulu and Disney and will be about the same price as the prior bundle. That’s what I plan to move to. I think it start this month or next.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

This morning I added a CVS offer for 10% up to $5 to three of my Chase cards.

I used one of the Chase cards to buy a $50 Disney card today. I just went into my Chase account and all three offers are missing. They are not in my added offers or "all" offers.

Has anyone ever had added offers disappear like this?
Yes, just this morning! I added Kroger Fuel to four (4) of my cards yesterday and today they are all gone. Nowhere to be found.... :magnify:

Did you see the price is about to go up? I’m assuming you’ve got the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle? That price is going way up by they are adding a bundle that’s just Hulu and Disney and will be about the same price as the prior bundle. That’s what I plan to move to. I think it start this month or next.
Yes, I saw! I plan to switch also because we don't use ESPN+. The change occurs October 12, btw. I've set a reminder so I don't get charged the wrong amount!

Yes, just this morning! I added Kroger Fuel to four (4) of my cards yesterday and today they are all gone. Nowhere to be found.... :magnify:
I sent an SM for two of the offers (my account). The other offer was on DH's account and may SM after I hear a response. I am annoyed because I already made a purchase thinking I had the offer. The only think that makes me feel a little less annoyed is I also used rakuten money to pay for the gift card.

Happy Friday!

I am about to finish another CIC bonus. Usually P2 and I alternate and have kept good pacing with Chase cards. I want to pursue a SW CP for him, though, so I want to lay low on Chase for him and I'm slowing a bit with Chase to keep my velocity down.

All that to say, what is a good non-Chase option right now? Hopefully a decent SUB with a flexible currency. I have an Amex vanilla Plat already. Thoughts?

Happy Friday!

I am about to finish another CIC bonus. Usually P2 and I alternate and have kept good pacing with Chase cards. I want to pursue a SW CP for him, though, so I want to lay low on Chase for him and I'm slowing a bit with Chase to keep my velocity down.

All that to say, what is a good non-Chase option right now? Hopefully a decent SUB with a flexible currency. I have an Amex vanilla Plat already. Thoughts?
What about the business platinum? I did that a few months ago. 150k points.

I hesitate to ask this because there are so many resources out there, but that's in part why my head is swimming.

We took our first points-based trip (as well as our first trip to Europe) going to Ireland in June. Deciding on airfare/pts was easy because I decided to use Aer Lingus, got their Chase card, met the minimum spend, had enough pts for Biz Class on the way over, stalked the seat release on Avios and got them and then xferred some URs to get economy to return. Easy because of their structured points pricing.

For late Sept/early Oct in 2024, we'd like to return to Europe. We don't have a specific destination, but rather a number of places we'd like to visit so any would work as our first 'on continent' trip. But the various airlines, alliances, release dates, etc! Is it just easier to subscribe to point.me or some other service while searching?

Basically, we'll fly from any East Coast city (RDU is our base, but as someone mentioned, the few directs to Europe don't seem to have any or reasonable award redemptions). We're considering, LHR, Munich, Rome, Florence, or Zurich/Geneva. Maybe even AMS. We'll likely fly into 1 place and out of another.

We spent 50k Avios for each Biz Class one way BOS-DUB. Should I consider that a decent standard for any one way biz flights TO Europe?

Anyone have just general starting points? Anyone have DP for their fall trips to Europe this year?

Has anyone proactively replaced a dishwasher? I have an entry-level Bosch that I think was put in in 2007. Costco has an 800 Series on sale now. Just wondering if I should let mine die of natural causes or get rid of it before something goes wrong.

Happy Friday!

Just an FYI, Southwest Business Premier card currently has an all time high offer of 120k miles attached. It does have a high spending requirement (15k), but also flexibility if you don't want to shoot for the CP on a single card. You could earn 60,000 miles this year, let the 2nd tier bonus hit sometime in 2024 and then pick up another SW card in early 2024 to finish the CP (which would then run through 2025). This offer goes away on 8/28/23, though referral links seem to push it to 9/4/23.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/so...df15f458e81&jp_cmp=cc/1369231/aff/15-31733/na

Has anyone proactively replaced a dishwasher? I have an entry-level Bosch that I think was put in in 2007. Costco has an 800 Series on sale now. Just wondering if I should let mine die of natural causes or get rid of it before something goes wrong.
We usually wait till they die but when the last dishwasher died we replaced it with a Bosch. I don't remember which line is its but I have loved it, it's so quiet. Most of our other appliances are in the 10-15 year old range so I've done a little shopping online just to get an idea of what I might want when they do tank. With a dishwasher that old, it could go soon or it could go on for a few more years. If you know you want an 800 series and it's a good deal, I might get it. I'm starting to move to the replace it beforehand line of thought because they never die at a convenient time.

We usually wait till they die but when the last dishwasher died we replaced it with a Bosch. I don't remember which line is its but I have loved it, it's so quiet. Most of our other appliances are in the 10-15 year old range so I've done a little shopping online just to get an idea of what I might want when they do tank. With a dishwasher that old, it could go soon or it could go on for a few more years. If you know you want an 800 series and it's a good deal, I might get it. I'm starting to move to the replace it beforehand line of thought because they never die at a convenient time.
My mom still has her GE Monogram dishwasher from the early 90s in her house in Florida and it's still running (but it sounds like an airplane!). I'm definitely moving into the same camp, but it's not like I couldn't live without a dishwasher for a week! I guess the main thing I worry about is that they are more likely to leak when they get old but maybe that's not the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter