I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

The United operational meltdown was last week of June with some bleed into the beginning of July. They blamed storms + FAA + EWR sucking for their debacle šŸ™„

I havenā€™t been seeing the same stuff lately, are they still have issues? Looking at Flight Aware looks like theyā€™re running like 40% of flights delayed (yikes!) but cancellations are running about 5%.

East Coast has been having a lot of storms affecting flights. Lots of complaints on r/delta that almost makes me worry about my flight Fri except I'm just going sea to sna and then back sun. That flight is a turn on both ends so as long as the flight Thurs night gets here I'll leave at 630 Fri morning. So glad they changed that from the 730ish I had booked :coffee:

I was finally able to get my plane tickets to Japan booked. They had to bypass putting in my passport information and then I was able to do it on United's website after the ticket was booked. I'm going to see my parents next week and am off school for 2.5 weeks (my first real break in a year) so I'll have time to figure out hotels. This trip is less than two months after a Disney cruise--my employer will probably think I'm being overpaid:) But I really have not traveled since spring of '22 because of school.

So I'm back from Nashville.....The hotel we were staying at had the ability to use my Go Puff credits for the first time ever. I signed up for the $10 off 10 orders and then went crazy ordering. LOL. I think my BF might be down in ATL for a bit of time coming up soon. If he signs up for an account to get the $10 off 10, can we use my cards for him? I don't have to do anything else right? Just using them triggers the credit, right?

My end of summer freakout is about to begin. I haven't been able to do much w/ my kiddos because my son has been in hockey camp all summer. My kids are likely about to lose their buddy passes, so I wanted to take them somewhere quick. I thought about MYR as my daughter has wanted a beach, and I know it's a quick and easy flight on Spirit. But I'd literally be going Mon-Wed and then heading back w/ my BF on Sat to MYR to drive to NC, LOL. So I decided to run w/ option #2 which is taking my kids to Cancun instead, LOL. The idea of heading to Mexico in 1 day is crazy, but I figured why not.....Well seems my son is NOT ready to try and find everything and pack, LOL. So we'll hold off and do it in 2 weeks instead. I'll be giving up my night in Vegas to do it....but on well, the things we do for our kids, LOL. I plan on booking the Dreams Playa Mujeres w/ some URs. And I think I'll be able to do 3 nights vs 2 nights we would have done this week.

So I guess instead of Mexico, NC, and then Vegas....I get NC and then Mexico, LOL. Unless I can work days for Mexico while keeping Vegas on my schedule. The wrench is my sister is planning on visiting the last few days before I go back. UGH.

The United operational meltdown was last week of June with some bleed into the beginning of July. They blamed storms + FAA + EWR sucking for their debacle šŸ™„

I havenā€™t been seeing the same stuff lately, are they still have issues? Looking at Flight Aware looks like theyā€™re running like 40% of flights delayed (yikes!) but cancellations are running about 5%.
FT had a few posts on delayed flights (one was 7 hours) or cancellations. Of course no one goes on FT to post about their flight being on time Or running smoothly. Crossing my fingers for my trip.

Have all the flight issues recently been in the evenings mostly? I haven't kept up, but I do know we've been having severe thunderstorms in the evenings, at least a few times a week, for the past month. It's been so hot (high 90s) for weeks now, so with it come the storms.

Have all the flight issues recently been in the evenings mostly? I haven't kept up, but I do know we've been having severe thunderstorms in the evenings, at least a few times a week, for the past month. It's been so hot (high 90s) for weeks now, so with it come the storms.
They've been building through out the day for mainline. Not just weather issues, but overcrowding, FAA limitations and crew constraints. I've talked to quite a few people that are here in Oshkosh this week at the air show rather than picking up extra flights for DL, UA and AA.

Has anyone tried using the Chase Freedoms for payment plans for sports/entertainment? Like we pay monthly for our NHL team's mini-plan and pay monthly for a live theater subscription. I just wondered if they would code properly or if this is for individual purchases for individual events like a concert or game?

• Select Live Entertainment** & Movie Theaters: For the first time, Freedomā€™s newest category can help cardmembers earn 5% cash back on the summerā€™s hottest concert sporting events and blockbuster films.
    **Live Entertainment includes major professional sporting events, zoos and aquariums, concerts, theatrical productions, museums, tourist attractions and exhibits, amusement parks, circuses, carnivals, bands, and entertainers (ticket agencies selling on behalf of the entertainment venue are included).

Iā€™m a little worried about our flight to Munich now. We donā€™t leave until 5:30 pm and ds will most likely skip his nap that day so heā€™ll be tired by 6-6:30 pm. I hope our flight doesnā€™t get delayed or if it does itā€™s a very small delay.

I probably should have checked here since I was questioning this move but... P2 just applied for another CIC and was approved. Immediately after that P2 applied for a CSR and was denied. Should I have waited until tomorrow to apply for the CSR? Should I call recon tomorrow? P2 has great credit, is under 5/24 and has not received the bonus in the last 5 years. I really don't want to have to wait 30 days to apply again because it will screw up our pacing for a CP. Any thoughts?

Merely sharing a data point-
I have offers on 4 Chase cards at Office Max/Office Depot. I have Disney trips coming up so I had been searching for DGC's. The Office Max nearest my house allowed me to purchase one card per credit card (to maximize my offers), but they had only a couple in stock and it sounds like they have no plans to restock (and I've specifically inquired). So I made a trip to the neighboring city (not a place I normally go) specifically to purchase 4 more the same way and was told their policy is that you can only make one purchase/payment method regardless of the number of gift cards- even if I bought one and exited the store and came back in.
I was of course pretty surprised, but considering the state of that Office Max I am sure I would have counted for a significant amount of their sales that day had they let me buy!
Oh well. I'll just keep buying at Target!

@IFlossU I was buying at the SanTan Village location- ran into the "issue" at the one up by Superstition Springs.

I probably should have checked here since I was questioning this move but... P2 just applied for another CIC and was approved. Immediately after that P2 applied for a CSR and was denied. Should I have waited until tomorrow to apply for the CSR? Should I call recon tomorrow? P2 has great credit, is under 5/24 and has not received the bonus in the last 5 years. I really don't want to have to wait 30 days to apply again because it will screw up our pacing for a CP. Any thoughts?
When was his last Chase application ?
Recommended pacing is one card every 90 days on average, so if you get 2 now are you waiting until January for your 1st SW card ?

Last edited:

I don't think Chase likes same day applications. To double check, P2 also needs to be not holding a Sapphire.

Does the CP plan involve 2 cards before the end of the year? That velocity would make me nervous. What's the rush on the CSR? If you need the benefits and have a Freedom or CSP, it can be upgraded, use the $300 travel credit twice on 1 AF.

I have offers on 4 Chase cards at Office Max/Office Depot. I have Disney trips coming up so I had been searching for DGC's. The Office Max nearest my house allowed me to purchase one card per credit card (to maximize my offers), but they had only a couple in stock and it sounds like they have no plans to restock (and I've specifically inquired). So I made a trip to the neighboring city (not a place I normally go) specifically to purchase 4 more the same way and was told their policy is that you can only make one purchase/payment method regardless of the number of gift cards- even if I bought one and exited the store and came back in.
I was of course pretty surprised, but considering the state of that Office Max I am sure I would have counted for a significant amount of their sales that day had they let me buy!

@IFlossU I was buying at the SanTan Village location- ran into the "issue" at the one up by Superstition Springs.
Thanks for letting me know. The Superstition location is about 5 minutes from my office so Iā€™ve purchased many a gift card there. Iā€™ve found that location to vary greatly based on the cashier. Iā€™ve had your same experience, and then Iā€™ve had actual managers who were more than happy to sell me ALL the gift cards. I do find that store has better inventory in general though.

Thanks for letting me know. The Superstition location is about 5 minutes from my office so Iā€™ve purchased many a gift card there. Iā€™ve found that location to vary greatly based on the cashier. Iā€™ve had your same experience, and then Iā€™ve had actual managers who were more than happy to sell me ALL the gift cards. I do find that store has better inventory in general though.
That's good to know; unfortunately it's just not close enough to me for me to try on a regular basis.

Serious question though: What is the "potential fraud" concern on trying to buy the way I was doing it? I would have happily showed ID if I had been asked; they're all my cards with my name on them, etc. I'm not savvy enough to understand where the fraud concern is for the retailer.

how does it affect sign on with apps and tv streaming? ifor instance to check my account I may use a browser for which this would work. but then if i want to go on my phon app or tv what happens to my password used for that?
You have to type in the password. While there is an app that integrates with my iPhone, there is not one on my TV. So, I pull up the pw on my Bitwarden app on my phone and type it in on the screen. For pw I find myself having to type in like that I tend to turn the symbols off in generation and just put like one in there myself for ease of typing on TV. (You can store any pw you want, you donā€™t have to use their generated pw.)

@CyndiLouWho

The rules at my Office Depot change with the wind I think. One day itā€™s one transaction per person per day per payment, another time one transaction per person with split payment allowed and yet other times they donā€™t care what I do.

Serious question though: What is the "potential fraud" concern on trying to buy the way I was doing it? I would have happily showed ID if I had been asked; they're all my cards with my name on them, etc. I'm not savvy enough to understand where the fraud concern is for the retailer.
I honestly donā€™t even think they know, and I definitely donā€™t know of a fraud scheme with DGCs. Haha! The only reason Iā€™ve ever been given (at CVS) is itā€™s to protect me the purchaser from being scammed, by those people that call you from the ā€œIRSā€ demanding payment in gift cards. Iā€™ve had ladies come close to refusing to sell me gift cards because they are trying to protect me from being scammed. While I appreciate their concern, itā€™s actually incredibly frustrating. I guess I look gullible šŸ˜‚

I honestly donā€™t even think they know, and I definitely donā€™t know of a fraud scheme with DGCs. Haha! The only reason Iā€™ve ever been given (at CVS) is itā€™s to protect me the purchaser from being scammed, by those people that call you from the ā€œIRSā€ demanding payment in gift cards. Iā€™ve had ladies come close to refusing to sell me gift cards because they are trying to protect me from being scammed. While I appreciate their concern, itā€™s actually incredibly frustrating. I guess I look gullible šŸ˜‚
That actually makes since to me. I used to work retail and I do know of a few times when people were victims of fraud. They were asked to purchase a large dollar amount of gift cards, sometimes they were convinced that they were helping people. (After wildfires left people homeless for example) there were protocols to try to prevent this from happening. Only a manager could make the sale if we sold them, and unfortunately even though the person will have been 100% certain that the situation was legitimateā€¦ more than once the person would come back to try to return the gift cards only to find that they had been drained. These were for a specific store, just one example of fraud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter