I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Interesting that it's in the terms. I've never had an issue booking 2 adults and 2 children as long as the room allows. Recent redemption was the WA Beverly Hills booked in January. Just checked the confirmation and I did book as 2A/2C. I would call again.

That's interesting, we used our FNC with 2A/2C, I used the chat feature to make the reservation since the FNC was in DH's name.

I'm going to try again. Fingers crossed. And I had no idea you could do it via chat, so I think I'll give that a shot! Thanks!

Does anyone have recent experience trying to use UR at Swan or Dolphin (non-Reserve)? They do not appear to be listed, but wondering if I can call in. Will have CSR, so the 1.5 use may be worthwhile. Thanks!

I'm curious when you were declined at 4 cc if you had canceled a card within a few months? Wondering if you're limited to 4 or if the canceled card hadn't dropped off.

I know for a period of time Amex was limiting some people to 4 (maybe a year or so ago?), but then they went back to 5.
I canceled a BBP about a month ago and was denied for the new Hilton Biz a week and a half ago. I canceled an old Hilton Business card last week to free up a slot for yesterday's application. Anything is possible on Amex's back end, but if the BBP was still showing up on their system then my cancellation last week shouldn't have processed fast enough either. Losing the card slot isn't a huge deal to me right now and down the road I'll test the waters on going back up to 5 before I close any other cards.

The one great thing about Amex is no hard pulls for existing customers, so testing their limits doesn't really come at a cost.

Hi again! I wanted to see if anyone has any advice on how to further maximize my savings on a cruise I have booked. Remaining balance on the cruise is $4209. So far, this is my plan:

• Get 7% off remaining cruise balance by buying discounted 5% off Disney Gift Cards with my 2% cashback Wells Fargo Active Cash credit card (-$294.63)
  • $102 onboard credit from using a travel agent (-$102)
  • Signed up for Wells Fargo Active Cash credit card which gives $200 bonus after spending 500 (-$200)
  • For the next year, use Wells Fargo Active Cash credit card for 2% cashback everything and Discover Cashback for 5% cashback rotating quarterly categories (expect to get at least -$500 if not more)
= Total savings of $1347.63

If I sign both my husband and I up for the Wells Fargo Active Cash and the Disney Visa, then I could get an additional 251 from Disney Visa bonus and 200 bonus from Wells Fargo and $100 from Disney Visa referral to spouse...(-$551 more combined). Any drawback to having us both sign up separately to get double the bonus amounts? Can I be an authorized user on one and also have my own credit card account simultaneously?

Any other "hacks" I should consider? I looked into the Chase Sapphire cards but I would have to spend $4,000 in 3 months to get the bonus which is doable especially if I wait until Christmas/ DVC dues time/ annual pass renewal time etc. but I would rather not spend it all at once. I also didn't like that it won't give me cashback on many useful categories for daily spending. I figure I can maybe apply for the Sapphire for another expensive trip in the future.
I would get the Sapphire Reserve
AF $550
Annual Travel Credit $300 - make a cruise payment
Use the card to buy $750 Disney Gift cards at the grocery, when the bonus post use PYB.
$1,050-$550= $500

That's interesting, we used our FNC with 2A/2C, I used the chat feature to make the reservation since the FNC was in DH's name.

Awesome that you can use chat! I'll try that next time since I hate calling. Although I've never had an issue using DH's FNCs and they've never needed to talk to him. All they do is e-mail a code to his e-mail on file (which I have access to).

No, the US shows are all over $1,000 each for resold tickets. I figured it would be less expensive out of pocket to purchase EU show tickets on sale day and fly overseas on an award flight and stay in a hotel using points or a FN cert than it would be to see the show here.

The cheapest seats for the next two shows on a Saturday here in the US are over $1,000 per ticket in the nosebleed sections. If I wanted the floor section that I got tickets for in Germany, I would be paying over $4,000 per ticket. My tickets for the show in Munich were $277 USD each.

I REALLY wished I'd gotten on the presale list for Dublin. Having just gone to Ireland (no time in Dublin despite landing there), I know how quickly/easy we could get there. My DS and his fiance (well her really) wanted to see a show here but missed out on all the regular sales and couldn't find tickets in the 2nd half that were less than 2k (and most more) and that would be before travel costs. The Dublin shows would be next June so thinking we could have swung award seats for them and us. But we (just) missed the window to get (or request) a presale code.

I would have been very nervous about resale due to EU being different, but I would have done it with all hopes/intentions to go.

Last edited:
looking to pick your brains-

excellent credit score seeking a no annual fee card that is offering some kind of decent welcome cashback bonus and points structure. interest is of no concern b/c i will turn around and pay the balance off immediatly. extended warranty protection would be a bonus as well. i'm looking for something better than my existing go-to card which would only do 1% cashback rewards/1 year extending warranty.

You could do the Citi Premier for 60k points, which can be cashed out for $600. Annual fee is $95, but you can apply your cashout for a net bonus of $505. Earns 3x travel (air, hotel), restaurants, supermarkets, and gas. After a year, product change it to a no fee Double Cash.

Or a Chase Sapphire Preferred for 60k points, which can also be cashed out for $600. Also $95 annual fee. Earns 2x all travel, 3x restaurants. After a year, product change to the no fee Freedom Unlimited for 1.5x everything or Freedom Flex with 5x rotating categories.

Thank you both for the info. The room is for occupancy of 4, but when I called to actually book it the lady said you could only use a FNC for double occupancy. @DogCat you had to call in to book right? They didn't mention that? The verbage from Hilton agrees with what I was told. Maybe it's just not enforced. Wondering if I should just call back and see if someone will let me book it or just tell them there is only 2. Seems like a silly rule.

We haven't used the resort credit yet either, so I'd like to do Bull & Bear when we stay. Assuming that wouldn't be an issue. Just charge the meal to the room?

View attachment 779015
I booked a room at WA Orlando in May (so 2 months ago) over the phone (called the Diamond desk) and easily booked a room for 4 people. Unless something has changed in the past 60 days, it absolutely can be done. It was a complete non issue both times I’ve used it at the Waldorf.

Awesome that you can use chat! I'll try that next time since I hate calling. Although I've never had an issue using DH's FNCs and they've never needed to talk to him. All they do is e-mail a code to his e-mail on file (which I have access to).
I also have never had any issue calling the Diamond desk and using DH’s points or FNC. Like you said they send a 2FA code to text in in my case, and the reservation is made in his name.

Since my Chase Freedom has a spend bonus of 5% at gas stations (in addition to this quarter being 5% at gas stations), I did a test at my local Speedway by buying a $10 Grubhub gift card. It did indeed post at 9%. Now I'm ready to go back and buy a $500 visa gift card; I hope they don't have a problem buying such a large gift card with a credit card.

I canceled a BBP about a month ago and was denied for the new Hilton Biz a week and a half ago. I canceled an old Hilton Business card last week to free up a slot for yesterday's application. Anything is possible on Amex's back end, but if the BBP was still showing up on their system then my cancellation last week shouldn't have processed fast enough either. Losing the card slot isn't a huge deal to me right now and down the road I'll test the waters on going back up to 5 before I close any other cards.

The one great thing about Amex is no hard pulls for existing customers, so testing their limits doesn't really come at a cost.
Well sometimes they do a hard pull. I just applied (with a referral) for the Hilton Honors card and got a HP. I was certainly surprised because I currently hold 2 amex biz cards, neither of which got a HP. Prior to the 2 biz cards I had an amex personal card for many years but had already closed it when first applying for my biz. They show me as a card holder since 2004 (the date of my old personal card.) I guess you never know what amex is gonna do.

edited to say at least they approved me lol

Hi friends, after being taught the basics by this group, I feel I’m ready to expand from the Chase ecosystem into Cap One as well. I’m excited to branch out but I don’t want to screw up! Two questions:

My primary reason for branching out is ability to book AA flights. While I realize Cap One is not a direct transfer partner to AA, if I understand it correctly, I can transfer Cap One rewards to BA and then book partner operated flights (including AA) through the BA site. Is that correct?

Last app for me was a CIU on 5/1/23. I usually try to wait 3 months between apps; does a business card app count just as a personal card would when CC companies are looking at your app? I know business cards don’t count toward 5/24, but wasn’t sure about applications.

Also - I have Hilton Biz FOMO 😂 We (depressingly) would not have a cool way to use the FNC, so taking the advice not to get caught up in the FOMO!

You cant status match to Caesars that way, which is what is needed for the cruise line. Wyndham will match you to Diamond, but Cesaers will refuse the match. You have to achieve Wyndham Diamond via the Wyndham Biz card which is a Barclays card. Once you have Wyndham Diamond via the CC, you can match to Caesars and then to carnival and Holland!
ok! thank you. Guess my next card will be wyndham biz!

The AF for my AmEx Biz Plat just posted. Does anyone have recent experience getting a retention offer? This card has about $300-$400 value for me so I'd need about 25K MRs to make it worth keeping . . .

Hi friends, after being taught the basics by this group, I feel I’m ready to expand from the Chase ecosystem into Cap One as well. I’m excited to branch out but I don’t want to screw up! Two questions:

My primary reason for branching out is ability to book AA flights. While I realize Cap One is not a direct transfer partner to AA, if I understand it correctly, I can transfer Cap One rewards to BA and then book partner operated flights (including AA) through the BA site. Is that correct?

Last app for me was a CIU on 5/1/23. I usually try to wait 3 months between apps; does a business card app count just as a personal card would when CC companies are looking at your app? I know business cards don’t count toward 5/24, but wasn’t sure about applications.

Also - I have Hilton Biz FOMO 😂 We (depressingly) would not have a cool way to use the FNC, so taking the advice not to get caught up in the FOMO!

Capital One business cards WILL count towards your 5/24. Which is why I always caveat by saying most business cards won't report to your personal credit report. The Spark Cash Plus may be an exception, but I don't really keep up to date on that.

The 3 months between apps is a Chase thing (applies to both personal and biz). Cap1 approval is just unpredictable. They're the only denials that DH and I have gotten, so I've stayed away.

You can book AA flights through BA, but the partner award availability is much less than AA's own award availability. If the goal is AA, I would just get AA miles through Barclays or Citi cards.

You can book AA flights through BA, but the partner award availability is much less than AA's own award availability. If the goal is AA, I would just get AA miles through Barclays or Citi cards.
Annnnd this is why I post here - smh - could have gotten that Barclay’s 70k offer (insert meme of Michael Scott when Toby returns - “NOOOOOOOOOO!”)

For those of you who have been to Oahu. Which hotel has the nicest beach? I'm planning to take my parents (my mom really wants to visit the PCC) and my Dad will probably hang out on the beach more.

Annnnd this is why I post here - smh - could have gotten that Barclay’s 70k offer (insert meme of Michael Scott when Toby returns - “NOOOOOOOOOO!”)
In addition to Barclays/Citi, you can also target Bank of America's Alaska business credit cards (or personal version if 5/24 is of no concern to you) when the offer is right. While Alaska doesn't have the same award availability as direct on AA, I've found it to be good enough and it usually costs less miles (though its harder to earn Alaska miles too). Just another option if AA is your preferred airline.

I also like that Amex tells you if you're eligible for a SUB before you even apply. So nice, wish every bank did that for existing customers.
But it doesn't work for biz cards for me, I don't see the same wording advertising the feature. Is it just me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter