• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Both them ans awardtravel have stayed private while the other subs I follow that went dark foe the 3 days came back this morning. No idea what their plan is but from what I'd read it wasn't to stay private.

I tried to go on flyertalk to see if I could find anything out or read about stuff but the way they have their cc stuf set up is too convoluted to me. Great if you are looking for a specific bank or card but just news and stuff no.

I'm on reddit way less which I guess is good and their goal but I feel like a huge part of one of my hobbies is now gone with them still dark.
There was an update this morning:
Update Jun 14 0:00 UTC r/churning will be staying private indefinitely in protest of the continued disdain Reddit is showing towards their users, moderators, the disabled community, and third party developers. For more information, read here: Do not message the mod team to join this community. Any messages to the moderators asking to join will be ignored

There was an update this morning:
Update Jun 14 0:00 UTC r/churning will be staying private indefinitely in protest of the continued disdain Reddit is showing towards their users, moderators, the disabled community, and third party developers. For more information, read here: Do not message the mod team to join this community. Any messages to the moderators asking to join will be ignored
So now what?

Instacart Question: I don’t use Instacart but saw the chatter about the benefit for CSP and Freedom cards. We have 6 between P1 and P2 so that would be $70/quarter in “free” groceries. The only store I would probably consider using is Aldi due to their low prices but they have a $3.99 pick up fee. Any way around the fee? I don’t shop there on any regular basis so I have no need to go there otherwise.

What do people use the Instacart benefit to make the most out of it?

Instacart Question: I don’t use Instacart but saw the chatter about the benefit for CSP and Freedom cards. We have 6 between P1 and P2 so that would be $70/quarter in “free” groceries. The only store I would probably consider using is Aldi due to their low prices but they have a $3.99 pick up fee. Any way around the fee? I don’t shop there on any regular basis so I have no need to go there otherwise.

Part of the Chase benefit is 6 months free Instacart+, so with the membership, you'll have no pick up fee, but it's typically a minimum $35 to get the zero pickup fee. You'll also get 5% back on Instacart purchases (for your next purchase) with the Instacart+ membership. There is no way to "stack" the different cc credits though. So you'd have to use one credit per $35 min order. I still find value with Aldi on Instacart.
You can also link your Delta number to get points with each purchase.

Part of the Chase benefit is 6 months free Instacart+, so with the membership, you'll have no pick up fee, but it's typically a minimum $35 to get the zero pickup fee. You'll also get 5% back on Instacart purchases (for your next purchase) with the Instacart+ membership. There is no way to "stack" the different cc credits though. So you'd have to use one credit per $35 min order. I still find value with Aldi on Instacart.
You can also link your Delta number to get points with each purchase.
Agree with what @FreeDiningFanatic said. To add, though the credits don't stack, the free memberships do. So if you activate the membership for each chase card for the same Instacart account, they will add to the length of membership. DH and I have 5 cards between us and our Instacart membership now expires in 2025. I use it primarily at Aldi for pickup, but also at Costco (because I hate Costco crowds and sometimes have issues lifting their giant packages I will use delivery.)

We are looking at the same trip! inspired by the pics and trip reports posted here :)
We're actually thinking about staying 2 weeks since it's such a long flight.

What did you do in Raiatea and Huahine? Since we're looking at spending 2 weeks, I think we have enough time to island hop.

On Raiatea, we stayed at the Raiatea Lodge. We kayaked to a small island just off shore from there (hotel provides kayaks). It was one of the highlights of our trip besides Bora Bora. We saw several stingrays since a friendly local was feeding them. The water is so clear we could look at coral just wading in the water.

The hotel is half board. One con was that dinner is outdoor seating and took a long time (the French way). I wouldn’t mind so much except for the mosquitos.

One day we rented a car from the hotel and drove around the island. They gave us a map of places to stop at. Highlight was visiting Raiatea Pearl Farm.

On Huahine, we drove around the island one day as well. Highlight was watching locals feed the sacred blue eyed eels. The other day we did a snorkeling tour. The conditions were a bit rough for me (not a strong swimmer) and I didn’t do the drift snorkel, but I enjoyed the island lunch.

I was reading about the July-September Chase Feeedom categorizes and see live entertainment including theme parks.

I figure that restaurants, resorts, and shops go to dining, hotels, and shopping, so what are some ideas to use at WDW? I guess tickets, but anything else?

So now what?
Well some of us are going to have to find another outlet for letting out pent up anger from the days frustrations on unsuspecting internet strangers... Hmm, maybe we can go to FT and respond to most everything with "OMG you are SUCH an idiot! READ THE WIKI!!!"... Wonder how FT would feel about implementing a downvote system? Life just isn't the same without being able to click on the hidden, downvoted 35 times comments from the poor souls who ask questions in the discussion thread :charac2:

Well some of us are going to have to find another outlet for letting out pent up anger from the days frustrations on unsuspecting internet strangers... Hmm, maybe we can go to FT and respond to most everything with "OMG you are SUCH an idiot! READ THE WIKI!!!"... Wonder how FT would feel about implementing a downvote system? Life just isn't the same without being able to click on the hidden, downvoted 35 times comments from the poor souls who ask questions in the discussion thread :charac2:

I still have r/amex and r/delta but it's not as satisfying downvoting there, though I do. The useful info on both of those is so much less and when you provide valid info it's also way more likely you'll get argued with so I tend to just stay quiet.

I'd love a replacement, not for the downvotes :rotfl2:, but the info and ft just isn't going to fill that void for me. I left the one ******* I did after a few months, it was just too hard to keep up and keep track. Hopefully someone starts something on reddit but I get if they don't.

I’m currently at a Hilton in NYC booked on points. I have the Hilton Biz card and thus Gold status. They told me when I checked in that I had a $36 credit per day. Anyone know if it has to be used 36 each day or could I use $72 on the last day? Also he said per day, but I’m assuming it’s per night - we’re staying 2 nights so, is it a total of $72?

I’m currently at a Hilton in NYC booked on points. I have the Hilton Biz card and thus Gold status. They told me when I checked in that I had a $36 credit per day. Anyone know if it has to be used 36 each day or could I use $72 on the last day? Also he said per day, but I’m assuming it’s per night - we’re staying 2 nights so, is it a total of $72?
IME the credits have to be used on each individual day of the stay. I’ve been told several times the credits WILL NOT rollover, and CANNOT be combined.

I know there were a few of us discussion Wealthfront last week. Now that school is out, I want to set up my account but I lost the referral link I saved on TT. I checked Dischurners and I don't see anything......anyone know a good place to score a link to the elevated APR offer?

We head to Cancun next week to use the 4 FNC my BF has from his Bonvoy SUB last year. We were debating between the Royalton Hideaway (which we did last year) and the adults only part of Planet Hollywood. I joined all the Royalton groups last year, so I unhid them on FB. Seems everyone is unhappy with them right now. But a LARGE portion of the people in those groups are coming from the UK and spending 2+ weeks at the resort. I can't imagine spending that much time, LOL. PH was going to cost us a lot more to top off the FNC, so we went w/ Royalton again. Last year we tried to fake our Honeymoon to get some upgrades, we didn't. This year I'm not even trying, LOL. We'll see what we score if anything.

I just stayed at the NYC Conrad, a Hilton property, and my food credits did not roll over. As PP said, they also can't be combined (learned that the hard way).

Am I the only one who doesn't know what ******** means?

Sorry I forgot it does that. Don't want to try and be cute to give it cause tech that's still breaking the rules. I will say the first and last letter of the name is the same.

So from Google the definition - a free communications app that lets you share voice, video, and text chat with friends, game communities, and developers.

I think it was started or first got a lot of use bt gamers. It's more of a live chat thing and while you can have dif topics it's difficult to catch up and I didn't find the reading experience user friendly. The way replies and stuff go is kind of like here where they are separate but way less obvious what someone's replying to. It's also possible it's changed in the last year+ since I've used it and improved but I'd be relunctant to go there even if it was the only option.

Sorry I forgot it does that. Don't want to try and be cute to give it cause tech that's still breaking the rules. I will say the first and last letter of the name is the same.

So from Google the definition - a free communications app that lets you share voice, video, and text chat with friends, game communities, and developers.

I think it was started or first got a lot of use bt gamers. It's more of a live chat thing and while you can have dif topics it's difficult to catch up and I didn't find the reading experience user friendly. The way replies and stuff go is kind of like here where they are separate but way less obvious what someone's replying to. It's also possible it's changed in the last year+ since I've used it and improved but I'd be relunctant to go there even if it was the only option.
Well let's see if I guess it right now....*******?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter