I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Not sure if anyone else looked closely at an e-mail sent recently from Amex Platinum. Now if you link your membership rewards to Rakutan you can get paid with rewards points instead of cash. Interesting and possibly a bigger bonus for those who value the points at more than $0.01 each.

View attachment 758159

View attachment 758160
yep, I've been getting 3 cents a point this year been going hard on Rakuten. this is a great bonus.

I applied for a SW business card last night and it wasn't automatically approved so it is in review. I just called the automated status line to check the status and was told that there were no applications pending for my social. Is it too early for it to show up?

I applied for a SW business card last night and it wasn't automatically approved so it is in review. I just called the automated status line to check the status and was told that there were no applications pending for my social. Is it too early for it to show up?
I think the status line hasn't been working for biz apps. My recent biz approvals have been 5 minutes to 7 or 8 days sadly.
Patience you must have, my young Padawan.

I think the status line hasn't been working for biz apps. My recent biz approvals have been 5 minutes to 7 or 8 days sadly.
Patience you must have, my young Padawan.
This is uncharted territory for me. I got the same "in review" message with my last Ink card two months ago but it was immediately put into my Chase account. With the increased Ink bonuses I've hit Chase pretty hard since the end of last year. If I can get this card I'll slow down a bit for a little while.

A DP for those considering the Citi AA elevated SUB before it expires. After all the denial DPs, I was going to let it go but have some expenses coming up and trying to cool off Chase. Figured it'll just be a wasted hard pull if I get denied. Instant approval with a super large CL! I'm carrying over 10k balance in 0% inks, 4/24 (now this card puts me over until July), tons of inquiries (5/6 maybe?). So I guess, don't be discouraged if your stats aren't great. :)

A DP for those considering the Citi AA elevated SUB before it expires. After all the denial DPs, I was going to let it go but have some expenses coming up and trying to cool off Chase. Figured it'll just be a wasted hard pull if I get denied. Instant approval with a super large CL! I'm carrying over 10k balance in 0% inks, 4/24 (now this card puts me over until July), tons of inquiries (5/6 maybe?). So I guess, don't be discouraged if your stats aren't great. :)
I had a 10K balance on my inks as well, though since those are biz cards I figured it didn't matter for this personal card application. Anyway, great to hear of your instant approval! DH and I both were approved last week as well, it seems Disboards folks are having good luck!

Anyone have much experience with first/business class out of LAX? I am looking for fanciest and most fun between the lounge experience and the plane itself. We have the following options:

-United Direct, Boeing 737, $512 cash (Amex Biz Plat 35% rebate= 33,300 MR's)
-Delta Direct, Boeing 737, $$525 cash (biz plat 35% rebate= 34, 200 MR's)
-Aeromexico, 2 hour layover in MEX, Boeing 787 for the LAX to MEX stretch and then a 737 from MEX to CUN, 23,000 MR's transferred to Club Premier.

Anybody have any input?

P.S. Thanks to the suggestions for my anniversary trip I asked about a few weeks back. I settled on PDX-LAX followed by 3 nights in DL (fingers crossed I can use my DVC points for a few nights in a studio at VDH/VGC), then LAX to CUN for a 6 night stay at Secrets Moroma Beach booked with Hyatt points and all the flights are going to be in first or business. I even snagged the CUN-PDX on American for 23,500K points each which felt reasonable. I am super excited and it's not even happening until January!

Hello! I am new to card churning, but now that my kids are older teens, I have the travel bug, but not the money to support it!

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months.

1/23 Chase Ink Cash
5/23 Case Sapphire

I do have an older Chase Disney, AAdvantage MileUp, Citibank BOA credit card

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? about 3k/mo
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? yes
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? BUF
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? No
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? AA about 150000mi, Citibank BOA card 100000 pts
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? Travel cheaply! Ultimately we would like to get to Japan, but open to whatever great opportunity comes our way
  • When do you plan to take these trips? starting with Disneyland this summer, Disney World next spring, maybe a cruise in the summer
  • Who does your travel party consist of? Myself, my husband, and two older teens
I just applied for the Chase Sapphire, waiting for it to come in the mail so I can use it for some of my Disneyland trip expenses. But other than that, I'm not sure what I should be doing. Now what? I feel a bit stalled...

Hello! I am new to card churning, but now that my kids are older teens, I have the travel bug, but not the money to support it!

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months.

1/23 Chase Ink Cash
5/23 Case Sapphire

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? about 3k/mo
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? yes
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? AA about 150000mi, Citibank BOA card 100000 pts
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? Travel cheaply! Ultimately we would like to get to Japan, but open to whatever great opportunity comes our way
  • When do you plan to take these trips? starting with Disneyland this summer, Disney World next spring, maybe a cruise in the summer
  • Who does your travel party consist of? Myself, my husband, and two older teens
I just applied for the Chase Sapphire, waiting for it to come in the mail so I can use it for some of my Disneyland trip expenses. But other than that, I'm not sure what I should be doing. Now what? I feel a bit stalled...
Since you need to give Chase a few months between applications, I would personally suggest looking at Amex cards. The personal Platinum or Gold are a great place to start looking. Both cards have very nice SUBs right now, and will get you into earning MRs. I think getting a healthy stash of URs and MRs is a good idea in the beginning if you don’t have specific plans. Both are flexible enough that they open many opportunities.

Anyone have much experience with first/business class out of LAX? I am looking for fanciest and most fun between the lounge experience and the plane itself. We have the following options:

-United Direct, Boeing 737, $512 cash (Amex Biz Plat 35% rebate= 33,300 MR's)
-Delta Direct, Boeing 737, $$525 cash (biz plat 35% rebate= 34, 200 MR's)
-Aeromexico, 2 hour layover in MEX, Boeing 787 for the LAX to MEX stretch and then a 737 from MEX to CUN, 23,000 MR's transferred to Club Premier.

Anybody have any input?

P.S. Thanks to the suggestions for my anniversary trip I asked about a few weeks back. I settled on PDX-LAX followed by 3 nights in DL (fingers crossed I can use my DVC points for a few nights in a studio at VDH/VGC), then LAX to CUN for a 6 night stay at Secrets Moroma Beach booked with Hyatt points and all the flights are going to be in first or business. I even snagged the CUN-PDX on American for 23,500K points each which felt reasonable. I am super excited and it's not even happening until January!
First off I can’t speak to the lounge situation at LAX maybe someone else has good recommendations there.

As far as your flights I always start by googling images of the interior of the specific jet I’m looking to book. That way I have an idea of what their first class seats look like. Is it an old aircraft or updated etc. Then based on the options you listed I prefer non-stop flights, especially since LAX to Cancun isn’t a terribly long flight. My preference then would be to book either the United or Delta flights. I would chose between those based on convenience and aircraft. The Aeromexico flight does have you on a 787 which is probably lie-flat, but I’m guessing that’s a relatively short flight, and then you switch to a 737. 787’s are nice, but me personally I value non-stop over lie-flat on a short flight.

Those are my 2 cents. I think with the options you’ve given it’s really just personal preference.

First off I can’t speak to the lounge situation at LAX maybe someone else has good recommendations there.

As far as your flights I always start by googling images of the interior of the specific jet I’m looking to book. That way I have an idea of what their first class seats look like. Is it an old aircraft or updated etc. Then based on the options you listed I prefer non-stop flights, especially since LAX to Cancun isn’t a terribly long flight. My preference then would be to book either the United or Delta flights. I would chose between those based on convenience and aircraft. The Aeromexico flight does have you on a 787 which is probably lie-flat, but I’m guessing that’s a relatively short flight, and then you switch to a 737. 787’s are nice, but me personally I value non-stop over lie-flat on a short flight.

Those are my 2 cents. I think with the options you’ve given it’s really just personal preference.
Yeah my logical side says go with convenience--and getting into Cancun at a reasonable afternoon time instead of wasting a day traveling and getting in at 0100 is probably a smarter move. TBH if I asked my husband he would vote shorter and more convenient flight too. I will have to save my dream of a lie-flat for another day :P.

Hi all. It's been a while since I've been on here or focused on the credit card game, but I think I'm finally at a point where I can start thinking about doing a PC of my CSP in order to do an MDD for the CSR and CSP (trying to rack up points for a trip with my daughter). I am almost at the 4 year mark for my last CSP bonus (5/10/2019). I am currently at 3/24.

In addition to doing a PC of my CSP, I am thinking about closing my SW chase card to free up some credit limit. I also have a SW Biz card, and may not use SW as much going forward, as I'm starting to focus on more international travel now that my kids are both older.

Is the chase freedom the best card to PC to in order to retain my URs? Do I need to wait any period of time after I PC my CSP to apply for a new CSR / CSP? And is there any speculation about a higher bonus coming back for the CSR/CSP?

Thanks!

Of those options I would go with whichever airline you use more. I would look into a BBP or one of the Chase Sapphire cards to increase flexibility.

1. JetBlue over Spirit and Frontier by a long ways. SW over JetBlue on that route and quite probably United over SW if the price is close.
2. I never book travel through the Chase portal. I transfer points to the program I'm going to use and book directly with that provider. Whether it's Hyatt, SW or United, I have heard and seen too many horror stories of people having issues because they booked through the portal. I only book my rental cars through www.autoslash.com which looks at all publicly available discount codes and then tracks the rental for price drops.
So skip using the Marriott? I have a CSP but we were waiting for him to open one. We have a Companion on Southwest so it sounds like he should maybe use that one or my CSP.

1/23 Chase Ink Cash
5/23 Case Sapphire

:welcome:
Do you have a P2 who can apply for cards…if so you can send them a support link from your CIC to apply from…this way you get 40k URs and they earn the 75k URs

Hi all. It's been a while since I've been on here or focused on the credit card game, but I think I'm finally at a point where I can start thinking about doing a PC of my CSP in order to do an MDD for the CSR and CSP (trying to rack up points for a trip with my daughter). I am almost at the 4 year mark for my last CSP bonus (5/10/2019). I am currently at 3/24.

In addition to doing a PC of my CSP, I am thinking about closing my SW chase card to free up some credit limit. I also have a SW Biz card, and may not use SW as much going forward, as I'm starting to focus on more international travel now that my kids are both older.

Is the chase freedom the best card to PC to in order to retain my URs? Do I need to wait any period of time after I PC my CSP to apply for a new CSR / CSP? And is there any speculation about a higher bonus coming back for the CSR/CSP?

Thanks!
You’d wait 4 days between the PC and a new application….if you don’t have a CFU you could PC to that also.
As far as the SW card if you are close to getting the yearly anniversary points I’d wait until until they post to your RR account before closing

DP for those of you that signed up for the IHG Premier Business card this year before the new 165k offer. I signed up in January when the offer was 140k. When it moved to 165k I sent Chase an SM asking if they could match the new offer. It took about a week to get a response but they did match the new offer and the additional 25k points are pending on my account.

So skip using the Marriott? I have a CSP but we were waiting for him to open one. We have a Companion on Southwest so it sounds like he should maybe use that one or my CSP.
Are these work charges that he gets reimbursed for? If the charges are for travel and dining out then the CSP makes sense to me. But for non-bonus categories, because of the CP I would put spend on the SW card since you're getting "twice" the rewards on that, as well as that spending going toward qualifying for the next CP. I value 1RR at 1.3 cents, so with the CP each RR to me is worth 2.6 cents. To me a Bonvoy point is less than a cent, more like 0.6 cpp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter