I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

My AF for my CSR just hit. I’m guessing Chase doesn’t really do retention offers? I just pay it or change the card? It was so easy to pay it last year with pay yourself back being 50%. Now at 25% it doesn’t seem like much. I do plan on booking our Hawaii hotel next year using my Chase UR so I guess I just need to pay it…

I wish the AF and travel credit were closer together. Would make the AF easier to look at.

My AF for my CSR just hit. I’m guessing Chase doesn’t really do retention offers? I just pay it or change the card? It was so easy to pay it last year with pay yourself back being 50%. Now at 25% it doesn’t seem like much. I do plan on booking our Hawaii hotel next year using my Chase UR so I guess I just need to pay it…

I wish the AF and travel credit were closer together. Would make the AF easier to look at.
Do you have a freedom you could upgrade? If so, use the $300 travel credit then downgrade the current CSR to a freedom. You could either upgrade your other freedom now or wait until you need the CSR benefits.

Wanted to share for anyone working on the Chase Bank bonus.
First, I signed up under the $600 offer and was successful in matching to the $900 offer.
Second, I wanted to see if I could get a DD to work without asking my DH to change his (it's easy to do, just it's not his bank account so preferred not to bother with it). I tried some bank transfers that didn't work and then tried switching my eBay payouts. This worked! I sold one Disney Pin on eBay and the measly $16 payout triggered the bonus. So if you have an eBay "business" you could be in luck.

Unfortunately $600 is the magic number. Learned that the hard way when a few referral bonuses and a CSR retention bonus put me over the limit (so the CSR retention bonus actually cost me money).
When did you get a CSR retention and how much was it? I thought they didn't do retentions

Do you have a freedom you could upgrade? If so, use the $300 travel credit then downgrade the current CSR to a freedom. You could either upgrade your other freedom now or wait until you need the CSR benefits.
I think I'm missing something, what's the benefit of this? Won't you be paying the AF either way?

For most card holders of the CSR, the AF and travel credit should be about the same time. The exceptions are if you were one of the original card holders, like around 2016, maybe 2017 or if you've upgraded/downgraded in the past.

This makes me think perhaps you've had this card for more than four years since you've earned the bonus? If that's the case, it would be recommended to:
1. Use up any remaining benefits of the current CSR
2. Downgrade to a Freedom
3. Wait 4 days, then reapply for the CSR or CSP, assuming 5/24 allows
4. Your new Sapphire should have the travel credit and AF more in line with each other

I think I'm missing something, what's the benefit of this? Won't you be paying the AF either way?
Yes you still pay the AF but when you PC from another card the AF is delayed for a few months. So when you know you'll travel and use the CSR benefits you could PC and use the $300 travel credit right away. Then a few months later the AF will hit. The $300 travel credit will become available again before the second AF so you'll get $600 in travel credits for an AF of $550. Any other benefit you get will add to the $50 you made using the travel credits. It used to be much more valuable when you could PYB was 50% and it used to include the AF. But you can still get 50% bonus when booking through the Chase portal so it might still be worth it to hold the card since it doesn't cost anything if you use the travel credit twice.

Good CC for DS's Girlfriend. She is 22 - in college. Last year her credit score was in the 500's due to an outstanding medical bill that she thought her work place had taken care of. She got that straightened out and DS added her as an AU on 2 of his cards. Her credit score is now about 780.

She wants to start building her own credit. I know about the Discover IT card but is there any Chase Cards that she might be able to get? Maybe a Freedom Card?
Both of my dd’s were able to get a CFU after having a Discover for about 6 mos. I tried for one before the discover and she was denied. I see no harm in trying for a CF or CFU. If denied, she can try to recon or grab an easier to get card and build more history. Good luck to her!

Yes you still pay the AF but when you PC from another card the AF is delayed for a few months. So when you know you'll travel and use the CSR benefits you could PC and use the $300 travel credit right away. Then a few months later the AF will hit. The $300 travel credit will become available again before the second AF so you'll get $600 in travel credits for an AF of $550. Any other benefit you get will add to the $50 you made using the travel credits. It used to be much more valuable when you could PYB was 50% and it used to include the AF. But you can still get 50% bonus when booking through the Chase portal so it might still be worth it to hold the card since it doesn't cost anything if you use the travel credit twice.
Hm, so on top of delaying the AF, you double dip the $300 travel credit by using the one from the original card and then the one from the PC card?

Hm, so on top of delaying the AF, you double dip the $300 travel credit by using the one from the original card and then the one from the PC card?
Yeah you could definitely use the credit a second time and then PC to a Freedom card. If you have a P2 and each person has a Freedom card you could swap each year who holds the CSR and at worst you'll make $50 each year.

Chase has typically liked to see about a year of credit history with their own card, not just AU history. I take it she doesn't have any cards of her own? They are probably more lenient with the student Freedom. It's not a great bonus ($50 credit for 1 purchase) or earner (1%) but gets the foot in the door to UR points and gives 2,000 points Good Standing Reward each anniversary for the first 5 years. And it's designed to build credit with a automatic limit increase review built-in.
If she has some history of her own, even a few months, then a regular Freedom with a better bonus is worth a shot. And if she wouldn't be disheartened by a rejection, could try anyway. Sometimes people have gotten a CFU as their first card.
A Freedom card can support to either a student or regular flavor of the family, so she'd have her pick with what's comfortable.
I think we will have her try for the CFU. If she gets declined - then will go with Discover IT to start building her own credit.

Both of my dd’s were able to get a CFU after having a Discover for about 6 mos. I tried for one before the discover and she was denied. I see no harm in trying for a CF or CFU. If denied, she can try to recon or grab an easier to get card and build more history. Good luck to her!
I think we will try first and if all else fails - get the Discover for now.

I'm a little confused on my SW account. Looks like somehow, I earned a CP for 2023 even though I don't have 135,000 points. I got my bonus from the business card and a support (104,929) which posted on 1/28. I also got the credit card qualifying points (defintiely 10k for the biz, maybe 10k for my new personal that I just opened).
This is confusing. I know they did something for 2023 CP because of the issues in December. I just don't want to fight for my 2024 pass once I earn the SUB for my personal card. My tracker says I have 114,929 of 135K which includes the credit card boost. How did I already earn a 2023 CP?

Another SW/CP question!

So it finally happened to me - I miscalculated and missed getting the 80K SW points (Performance Biz) towards my 23/24 CP. I mistakenly included the AF into the MSR, and missed it by under $100 (thankfully caught this before P2s window closed). I did try to ask for an exception (it was a couple of days after the cutoff), and understandably was denied. Am I able to close that card, and reapply to try for the bonus again? From what I understand, I can only have 1 personal and 1 biz SW card at a time.

Stats:
3/24
SW Performance Biz - approved 10/28
SW Premium Plus - approved 12/27 (met MSR)

Any "gotchas" with this plan? Once I close the card, is it recommended to wait a few business days, or longer, before reapplying? I don't have an immediate need for the CP. We have a trip in July that we'll be booking soon, as long as I can apply mine before then, I'm good with that.

DL fliers- TakeOff 15 is live. If you have a gold or higher DL card you get 15% off award bookings automatically when you log in to your DL account.

Not so stealth Skypesos deval? A lot of folks are reporting their award flights are more expensive today even with the discount. Of course 🙄 I’m in the lucky group, my flight actually dropped about 5% (probably means it was due to drop 20% today if they hadn’t released the promo 😆).

Last edited:
DL fliers- TakeOff 15 is live. If you have a gold or higher DL card you get 15% off award bookings automatically when you log in to your DL account.

Not so stealth Skypesos deval? A lot of folks are reporting their award flights are more expensive today even with the discount. Of course 🙄 I’m in the lucky group, my flight actually dropped about 5% (probably means it was due to trip 20% today if they hadn’t released the promo 😆).
i have been looking at flights, off and on for the fall, and they are no higher today then when I looked last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter