I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Is it that the jal flight isn't there or that there's no seats in first or biz? They become available over night so if it's the seats someone is probably buying them. Also if it's the seats look at them on jal and the seat map you'll be able to figure out from a flight that has seats and one that doesn't how many seats can be there to still have partner availability.

Now if it's that they aren't there at all I don't know, haven't seen anything other than someone using aa to book them a week or so ago.
The JAL flights aren’t showing up at all. On AA it shows only AA flights with no options to fly with JAL after December 11 (flights show through December 21). On BA it shows no availability for any flights LAX-Tokyo starting December 11 and goes all the way until January 13. I feel like something must be going on for them to not have flights listed at all.

I've been getting notices of a high sign on for the CIU. I actually already have one, back from 2/2019. Seems like I have seen chatter about being able to hold multiples of the same biz cards? Or do I need to cancel my current one first? 5/24 should be fine, only card I have within last 24mos is Amex Hilton Honors. Anything else I'm not thinking about? The 90k sign on is pretty darn tempting.

The JAL flights aren’t showing up at all. On AA it shows only AA flights with no options to fly with JAL after December 11 (flights show through December 21). On BA it shows no availability for any flights LAX-Tokyo starting December 11 and goes all the way until January 13. I feel like something must be going on for them to not have flights listed at all.
I was able to find some ORD-HND, LAX-KIX but I think the issue is that you are looking during the prime holiday travel. Those are booked pretty much immediately after they are released. When I was tracking I noticed the BA releases them at 7/8PM CST, but they only release 2 J, a few days later maybe 4/5 days later they'll release 2 more J seats.

And since people already booked them through either BA or CX, AA won't have seats available.

I've been getting notices of a high sign on for the CIU. I actually already have one, back from 2/2019. Seems like I have seen chatter about being able to hold multiples of the same biz cards? Or do I need to cancel my current one first? 5/24 should be fine, only card I have within last 24mos is Amex Hilton Honors. Anything else I'm not thinking about? The 90k sign on is pretty darn tempting.
You can hold multiple CIU/CIC, I have 4 total. The thing with Chase is velocity, they recommend opening a new Chase card (personal or Biz) every 3 months. I close the older cards just because I don't like having too many cards on my login, but if you only have in CIU/CIC no need to close before you apply.

You can hold multiple CIU/CIC, I have 4 total. The thing with Chase is velocity, they recommend opening a new Chase card (personal or Biz) every 3 months. I close the older cards just because I don't like having too many cards on my login, but if you only have in CIU/CIC no need to close before you apply.
has anyone had more than 4 total? We have each had 2 of each, but they are just such great SUBs

I see LAX-Tokyo for 1/9 to 1/13 on BA. But only 2 in biz for each flight.

I was able to find some ORD-HND, LAX-KIX but I think the issue is that you are looking during the prime holiday travel. Those are booked pretty much immediately after they are released. When I was tracking I noticed the BA releases them at 7/8PM CST, but they only release 2 J, a few days later maybe 4/5 days later they'll release 2 more J seats.

And since people already booked them through either BA or CX, AA won't have seats available.
I kind of wondered if that could be why since it’s Christmas time. I thought by mid January it would be back to normal but I’ll keep checking and see if flights show up again. I was surprised to see no flight listed at all. It doesn’t even show that there is a flight that’s full

I kind of wondered if that could be why since it’s Christmas time. I thought by mid January it would be back to normal but I’ll keep checking and see if flights show up again. I was surprised to see no flight listed at all. It doesn’t even show that there is a flight that’s full

But are you searching cash and economy or just miles. Cause the cash vs miles will make a difference too.

I keep my old ones open until I get a new one of the same type, so I can transfer some of the CL to the new one before I close the old. I usually have a CIC and CIU open, I just opened a new CIC, they gave me a $5000 CL, but they also have 12 months of 0% APR, so if I want to pay it off slower I want a higher CL. It is easy to SM Chase to move several thousand of the CL from one card to another. My previous CIC was opened in 10/2021, so it's been over a year, so I feel comfortable closing it.

Once the award seats are sold out they don't list the flights. But since they do have flights after 1/9/24 I wouldn't be worried about it. Just remember that once they aren't listed on BA, AA won't have them. They only release 4/5 J seats to ALL partners, not to each.

Once the award seats are sold out they don't list the flights. But since they do have flights after 1/9/24 I wouldn't be worried about it. Just remember that once they aren't listed on BA, AA won't have them. They only release 4/5 J seats to ALL partners, not to each.
I’ll keep watching it and see if availability opens the further it gets from Christmas. Maybe once it gets to February it’ll be better. If not we may have to find an alternative.

Is there a way to show a calendar view on BA?

I’ve been searching for miles and business

Are you searching biz with 2 adults and 1 child? That would certainly make nothing show up (since there's only 2 biz seats). I don't change it from the default of economy and 1 adult so I can see how many seats there are. (To see first class seats though, you do need to change the class.)

Are you searching biz with 2 adults and 1 child? That would certainly make nothing show up (since there's only 2 biz seats). I don't change it from the default of economy and 1 adult so I can see how many seats there are. (To see first class seats though, you do need to change the class.)
Yeah I’ve been searching for 2 adults and 1 child. For early December there was availability every day for the 3 of us. I know we aren’t going until May I just like to plan ahead. I was surprised to see it change so dramatically from beginning of December to end of December/early January

Yeah I’ve been searching for 2 adults and 1 child. For early December there was availability every day for the 3 of us. I know we aren’t going until May I just like to plan ahead. I was surprised to see it change so dramatically from beginning of December to end of December/early January

It's not just people going to Japan but people going to the us to visit family etc. Just give it a few weeks of not checking everyday, which isn't really necessary this far out anyway.

Should always have at least a plan b that isn't just moving dates around.

It's not just people going to Japan but people going to the us to visit family etc. Just give it a few weeks of not checking everyday, which isn't really necessary this far out anyway.

Should always have at least a plan b that isn't just moving dates around.

Planning to go back to Japan next summer. I've still got a lot of Avios stuck from a canceled trip. That's my excuse anyways, but I really just want to go back lol.

I'm thinking my backup plan is to split up between the NRT and HND flights. The flights times aren't too far apart. Maybe I'll have DH and DS go together and they can take all the luggage lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter