I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

DW has an AMEX Gold and Plat that will likely be canceled this year. She also has a business checking account. Will the checking account keep her MR alive after the gold and plat are canceled?
I can't see any reason why it wouldn't. It's tied to the same MR account and the Biz debit card earns MR points. I haven't scoured for DPs but there may be some out there to confirm. The account has only been around for a little more than a year so I'm not sure how many have tried and reported back. If I see anything I'll be sure to report back.
I have gotten them on a few cards. Usually credit a few days after the first paperless statement, then I just go back and change to paper. :-)
Thanks! That's what I remember doing too :laughing: I'm pretty sure this next one I had on paperless before and somehow it got turned back.
Chase is offering a $900 (combined) bank bonus - see DoC's post and email yourself the offer.

Check the DPs to see what works for DD.
Excellent! Been wondering if that would come back. Higher bonus for less deposit than the biz checking offer I have. I think we're both eligible again. I usually like to stagger so that one of us can take advantage of an awesome offer, but I'm not sure what would be more awesome than this.

PSA for the group, if you think you might want to take advantage email yourself the offer now. Chase fairly consistently pulls offers a little early - sometimes just a few days, sometimes more - but if you have a code you can still open up through the expiration date.

Realized I didn’t do a 2022 review….made use of the SW CP for 3 trips to Orlando, using DVC points to stay in Disney once. Used my CSR to PYB on all dining during the year.

Started out the year in January celebrating my granddaughter Madison’s first birthday…that first year flew by.

In March flew down to Orlando to visit our son and his family for a week…had a great time staying with them and visiting Disney with our grandson Jose.

Our May plan to visit our son in Orlando was pushed back to August after I had a heart attack and open heart surgery. Thankfully I’m fully recovered now, just working with my doctor on how to bring my cholesterol down since a strict diet and exercise didn’t work and statins were harming my liver.

In September we did a whole family trip to Disney staying in a 3 bedroom Grand Villa at Bay Lake….the villa was awesome and it was nice to see the little ones get a chance to play and experience Disney together.

Our son and his family flew up to LI for Thanksgiving and an early Christmas celebration…and we found out then that my daughter is having a baby girl in June and our daughter in law is having a boy also in June.:cloud9:.

So 2023 will be a bit crazy with 2 new grandchildren in June.:flower1:
And we will continue to fly SW using points and the CP.

Trips planned right now …doing 1 big family trip to Disney…this year in April since both girls are due in June.

Then all other trips are to Orlando see our son and his family..in June when the baby is born, another one in August when the older one turns 4. Probably a November/December trip as well.

I’ll miss the dining PYB since that was my primary use of URs…Will still use it on groceries and gas this quarter…and hope that dining returns at some point this year
Wow. Glad you are ok.

Realized I didn’t do a 2022 review….made use of the SW CP for 3 trips to Orlando, using DVC points to stay in Disney once. Used my CSR to PYB on all dining during the year.

Started out the year in January celebrating my granddaughter Madison’s first birthday…that first year flew by.

In March flew down to Orlando to visit our son and his family for a week…had a great time staying with them and visiting Disney with our grandson Jose.

Our May plan to visit our son in Orlando was pushed back to August after I had a heart attack and open heart surgery. Thankfully I’m fully recovered now, just working with my doctor on how to bring my cholesterol down since a strict diet and exercise didn’t work and statins were harming my liver.

In September we did a whole family trip to Disney staying in a 3 bedroom Grand Villa at Bay Lake….the villa was awesome and it was nice to see the little ones get a chance to play and experience Disney together.

Our son and his family flew up to LI for Thanksgiving and an early Christmas celebration…and we found out then that my daughter is having a baby girl in June and our daughter in law is having a boy also in June.:cloud9:.

So 2023 will be a bit crazy with 2 new grandchildren in June.:flower1:
And we will continue to fly SW using points and the CP.

Trips planned right now …doing 1 big family trip to Disney…this year in April since both girls are due in June.

Then all other trips are to Orlando see our son and his family..in June when the baby is born, another one in August when the older one turns 4. Probably a November/December trip as well.

I’ll miss the dining PYB since that was my primary use of URs…Will still use it on groceries and gas this quarter…and hope that dining returns at some point this year

Somehow I missed that part of your post. I am glad you are fully recovered. :flower3:

Just returned from the Galapagos and Ecuador and have 2023 trip planning full swing and I've already had a few hiccups and had to switch to plan B etc. Along with the usual weekend Disney trips throughout the year here is what we have planned.

March: Cherry blossoms in DC using FN certs to stay at the Waldorf Astoria this time.

June: Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea using Hilton points and flying Air France business class on miles. This one I may cancel if I wind up doing surgery for the nerve damage in my face.

September/October: Med cruise with Virgin Voyages with cashed out points, flying Iberia in business with miles, then to Paris for a Disneyland Paris trip, then to Wales and flying back on BA business with Avios miles.

November is the annual big family Thanksgiving trip

December: Decided to fly to London for NYE to see the fireworks. Flying BA in business using Avios. This was a plan B since I was originally going to fly Qatar over to Cairo for our ABD trip in January. However, my booking window opened up while I was in the Galapagos and I didn't book the seats in time. By the time I went to book there were no business class seats left. We initially thought of doing a couple of days in Petra but wound up switching that to London. I decided to do a post trip and hit Giraffe Manor on the way home. Actually got a room booked too! Sadly though, I am going to have to cancel that since the logistics to fly there and then back home involved 4 flights, two airport hotels due to long layovers and about 60 hours worth of travel on planes for a one night stay. I've done some crazy things for a cool experience, but that's too much of a hassle even for me LOL

Last edited:
Hi everyone!!

I'm about to book my very first Airbnb in Italy this weekend.

I know that there were tips and tricks mentioned in the past for saving money or maximizing points when booking Airbnbs but I didn't really pay attention...:o Also, I realize things such as promotions change.

So, are there any tips or tricks I should know about before I make the reservation?

We have the CSR, CSP, and CapOneVentureX.

Thanks!

ETA - I am not sure that I want to deal with purchasing GCs at the moment... unless it is to use them to pay off the balance in the future?

Here's what I do for AirBNB:

Book through the BritishAirways/Avios link to earn 3 points per booking. YMMV- not sure this always tracks. This works for both experiences and accommodations.

I do buy GCs now for two reasons:
1. I'm always working towards an MSR, but the AirBNBs I book are for much further out. I don't wanna deal with clawback if I or the host ends up canceling the booking.
2. I use Kroger GC purchases to earn fuel points to get essentially 14% off/back.

Just returned from the Galapagos and Ecuador and have 2023 trip planning full swing and I've already had a few hiccups and had to switch to plan B etc. Along with the usual weekend Disney trips throughout the year here is what we have planned.

March: Cheery blossoms in DC using FN certs to stay at the Waldorf Astoria this time.

June: Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea using Hilton points and flying Air France business class on miles. This one I may cancel if I wind up doing surgery for the nerve damage in my face.

September/October: Med cruise with Virgin Voyages with cashed out points, flying Iberia in business with miles, the to Paris for a Disneyland Paris trip, then to Wales and flying back on BA business with Avios miles.

November is the annual big family Thanksgiving trip

December: Decided to fly to London for NYE to see the fireworks. Flying BA in business using Avios. This was a plan B since I was originally going to fly Qatar over to Cairo for our ABD trip in January. However, my booking window opened up while I was in the Galapagos and I didn't book the seats in time. By the time I went to book there were no business class seats left. We initially thought of doing a couple of days in Petra but wound up switching that to London. I decided to do a post trip and hit Giraffe Manor on the way home. Actually got a room booked too! Sadly though, I am going to have to cancel that since the logistics to fly there and then back home involved 4 flights, two airport hotels due to long layovers and about 60 hours worth of travel on planes for a one night stay. I've done some crazy things for a cool experience, but that's too much of a hassle even for me LOL
Absolutely love seeing your pictures and trip reports …keep them coming in 2023

Here's what I do for AirBNB:

Book through the BritishAirways/Avios link to earn 3 points per booking. YMMV- not sure this always tracks. This works for both experiences and accommodations.

I do buy GCs now for two reasons:
1. I'm always working towards an MSR, but the AirBNBs I book are for much further out. I don't wanna deal with clawback if I or the host ends up canceling the booking.
2. I use Kroger GC purchases to earn fuel points to get essentially 14% off/back.

Thank you! Yes, it was probably your tips I saw before!

I don't currently have a BA/Avios account. I guess I should just register and open an account. Free points are free points, if they credit it to the account.

We don't have Krogers near us, I don't think...

Thanks again!

It's been a long while since I did a Chase paperless statement offer, does anyone recall when they paid out? Was targeted for $10, completed it in Dec a couple weeks before the deadline, haven't seen the credit. Does it come when the next statement closes maybi e?

They just sent me another email for $10 again on a different card this time but not trying to give away the goods :laughing: Like to make sure it's tracking before I try again.

I did one of these offers on 11/6 and got my $10 credit on 12/16, so about a month and a half for me

I just got one on one of DH's accounts that I'll probably go ahead and do

I will say, I'm thinking about going paperless on my accounts anyway. We now have so many it's almost embarassing having so many credit card bills delivered to our mailbox lol!

I did one of these offers on 11/6 and got my $10 credit on 12/16, so about a month and a half for me

I will say, I'm thinking about going paperless on my accounts anyway. We now have so many it's almost embarassing having so many credit card bills delivered to our mailbox lol!
I feel the same way about all the paper statements! I have my due dates all set for the same day for easier bookkeeping, so I would get 5 Chase bills on the mail all at once. I used to think the mail carrier would be thinking , “Whoa! This woman is in way over her head.”

I should probably set a few back to paper statements on hopes of getting another $10 credit, though.

I'm mostly tired of shredding them. Since my mail person is different every time I look, I doubt they notice my statements that much, lol.

All my cards popped up when I signed in after getting the offer. It was only my newest card that had paper delivery so I must have done this some other time. I usually only respond to bribes to shut the paper down.

I'm actually a bit surprised at the comments here with that many people still getting paper statements. I haven't gotten any in 10 years or more. Can't stand the clutter, I've enough of that already. I even called my town to find out how to do paperless since I'm on autopay for garbage/water and they said they can't because people change their email addresses. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'm actually a bit surprised at the comments here with that many people still getting paper statements. I haven't gotten any in 10 years or more. Can't stand the clutter, I've enough of that already. I even called my town to find out how to do paperless since I'm on autopay for garbage/water and they said they can't because people change their email addresses. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I was surprised by how many people get paper statements too. I haven't had any in years, I get paperless for as much as I can. I can't stand the clutter and I like being able to access everything from my laptop. I had never thought about switching to paper statements to get the $10 paperless offer.

Not sure why but I had an issue trying to pay my q4 estimated taxes with my new CIC on both pay1040 and payusatax. I ended up having to use ACI payments. I did use pay1040 for a second tax payment using my Amex BBP.

Just got an amex offer in the mail. 150k for business platinum ($15k spend in 3 months), 30k to open online business checking, and 20k for opening both. That's 200k. I'm just not sure if I can meet $15k spend right now (maybe later in the year) and I have a "business" with no EIN. But so tempting!

Just got an amex offer in the mail. 150k for business platinum ($15k spend in 3 months), 30k to open online business checking, and 20k for opening both. That's 200k. I'm just not sure if I can meet $15k spend right now (maybe later in the year) and I have a "business" with no EIN. But so tempting!
Just do it! That’s a lot of MR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter