I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

OK Chase, you are just being rude now. It's now 3 weeks since p2 CIP app. And 2 weeks since I faxed over the w9 they asked for. Crickets. Phone message still says the status of your application is not yet available.
I have blown past my BoA spend in less than a week, and have a property tax bill due in 3 weeks! Come on Chase LOL, step up for us.

Any advice on booking tickets to Japan next summer?

We have six of us and I am super overwhelmed! There are just too many options. We have enough AA miles (or AMEX miles that can transfer) to get us all there on AA/JAL but coming back is trickier.

We have a lot of URs and can transfer to Avios and have enough to get us to the west coast but no award flights to the midwest. Is there a trick to finding award flights with Avios? It seems like no availability to the midwest with any of my different searches, even just from the west coast. I hate their fees, too! Ugh!

Trying to search Virgin partners but very tricky to do online. Tips for this?

What am I not thinking of? There are just so many different options and none of them are really working very well. And then trying to do six at a time (although we are willing to split up if needed) is A LOT!

CSP also offers Primary rental insurance. This is the primary reason I still have my CSP.
Really? Maybe I was confusing it with Amex plat because I looked them up at the same time. Thanks! I will probably just downgrade to CSP then. Too many other good cards with better bonuses to actually apply for a new Sapphire imo.

Regarding the primary rental insurance, the last 2 times I rented cars using Chase UR, I used mostly UR points and paid a nominal amount on my CSR. At the rental counter both Hertz and Enterprise pressured me, if I don't purchase their insurance, they would have to go through my car insurance first and not the insurance on my credit card. I still refused but I didn't appreciate the hard sell.
This has happened to me before. So annoying.

OK Chase, you are just being rude now. It's now 3 weeks since p2 CIP app. And 2 weeks since I faxed over the w9 they asked for. Crickets. Phone message still says the status of your application is not yet available.
I have blown past my BoA spend in less than a week, and have a property tax bill due in 3 weeks! Come on Chase LOL, step up for us.
My last few interactions with Chase they have been very slow but 3 weeks is crazy ridiculous.

Regarding the primary rental insurance, the last 2 times I rented cars using Chase UR, I used mostly UR points and paid a nominal amount on my CSR. At the rental counter both Hertz and Enterprise pressured me, if I don't purchase their insurance, they would have to go through my car insurance first and not the insurance on my credit card. I still refused but I didn't appreciate the hard sell.
What are you doing going to rental counters? I shudder at the thought of that! Both Hertz and Enterprise have free programs to skip the counter and then you don’t have to deal with that nonsense.

Just checking on this before I do it....

I have the IHG Premier and the IHG Biz. I've hit the 24 mos on the IHG Premier. My AF just posted and my FNC is already in my account. So if I cancel the IHG Premier, they don't clawback the FNC do they?

I'm thinking of cancelling and trying to time my IHG cards to have similar AF dates, so my 2 FNC are closer together. Right now they expire in April and August. I'll hit my 24 mos on the IHG Biz in March. My thoughts are cancel the premier now. Get the IHG premier again, before I cancel the IHG biz. Then cancel the biz and get it again. Then in 2025 likely cancel the IHG Premier and get the Traveler (for the points). Then cancel that in 2026 and get the Premier again, LOL.

Considering the biz card will give me all the same perks between now and April, I don't see the need to renew. But just checking to see if they clawback. I know Marriott didn't when my FNC posted w/ the boundless card.
I don't think I've ever heard FNC clawbacks.

Any advice on booking tickets to Japan next summer?

We have six of us and I am super overwhelmed! There are just too many options. We have enough AA miles (or AMEX miles that can transfer) to get us all there on AA/JAL but coming back is trickier.

We have a lot of URs and can transfer to Avios and have enough to get us to the west coast but no award flights to the midwest. Is there a trick to finding award flights with Avios? It seems like no availability to the midwest with any of my different searches, even just from the west coast. I hate their fees, too! Ugh!

Trying to search Virgin partners but very tricky to do online. Tips for this?

What am I not thinking of? There are just so many different options and none of them are really working very well. And then trying to do six at a time (although we are willing to split up if needed) is A LOT!
Are you talking summer 2024? You might have missed all the good deals.

If you want to use URs to Avios, use British Airways. You'll have to fly into DFW or ORD, then book a separate ticket to your home airport. And you'll need to split up.

Here's a question for the pros, I have a card I've had for over 2 years now that I transferred a balance to at 0%. The AF will hit on 10/1, so I'm thinking about canceling it. I know I can cancel without paying off a balance, but I'm wondering what will happen to the 0% interest? I CAN pay it off, but was going to wait until the end of the year.

ETA: It's a Chase IHG card

Are you talking summer 2024? You might have missed all the good deals.

If you want to use URs to Avios, use British Airways. You'll have to fly into DFW or ORD, then book a separate ticket to your home airport. And you'll need to split up.

Yes, I would love to do summer 2024 but might need to bump to 2025. I have been looking for a few months but needed some MRs to post.

I will play with BA some more. I can get us to HNL with BA, which the kids would LOVE since they have never been to Hawaii. The fees are almost $200 each, though. And then I would need to figure out how to get us home, which is still a lot of cash/miles that we would need to earn. Could probably do Southwest but need more URs and I think I just got a decline for my CIP app.

Might just need to bump to 2025 for my sanity. We don't have a lot of flexibility so it needs to be a summer trip and the older the kids get, the busier and harder it is to book trips, especially ones that are this long!

Yes, I would love to do summer 2024 but might need to bump to 2025. I have been looking for a few months but needed some MRs to post.

I will play with BA some more. I can get us to HNL with BA, which the kids would LOVE since they have never been to Hawaii. The fees are almost $200 each, though. And then I would need to figure out how to get us home, which is still a lot of cash/miles that we would need to earn. Could probably do Southwest but need more URs and I think I just got a decline for my CIP app.

Might just need to bump to 2025 for my sanity. We don't have a lot of flexibility so it needs to be a summer trip and the older the kids get, the busier and harder it is to book trips, especially ones that are this long!
I totally get it. We can only travel in June, kids start activities the Monday after the 4th of July, they get out of school the first week in June, so we only have 5 weeks.

We went to Japan 6/17-7/5, my original plan was to return on 7/4 but someone got those tickets before I could book them on BA. We had an amazing trip and our timing was perfect. We hired a guide for our first day and he said the crowds had definitely decreased, he said May was crazy (not just Golden week, but most of the month). It hardly rained and the weather was in the 80s, by the end of our trip the weather was in the 90s but nothing crazy. At Disney and Universal we also got super lucky with low crowds at both theme parks.

We use AA miles to fly to Japan and BA Avios to fly back. The fees on BA are crazy but since we didn't pay for hotels (used Chase travel portal) it wasn't that big of a deal.

Question on IHG. So have a cruise booked next September out of Miami. Would like to get 2 Rooms with points at the Miami Intercontinental. (I have to wait another day or 2 to book). Can I book on points now and later when I get my Free Night Certificates - cancel and change to those?

Question on IHG. So have a cruise booked next September out of Miami. Would like to get 2 Rooms with points at the Miami Intercontinental. (I have to wait another day or 2 to book). Can I book on points now and later when I get my Free Night Certificates - cancel and change to those?
If there’s still reward availability when you get the FNC, then it’s no problem. I’ve booked on points and cancelled so many times, sometimes just to save 1,000 points, lol. I always see the points or certificate show back up immediately in my account. Unfortunately there’s no way to change from a points to FNC booking… you have to completely cancel and rebook through your free night.

I totally get it. We can only travel in June, kids start activities the Monday after the 4th of July, they get out of school the first week in June, so we only have 5 weeks.

We went to Japan 6/17-7/5, my original plan was to return on 7/4 but someone got those tickets before I could book them on BA. We had an amazing trip and our timing was perfect. We hired a guide for our first day and he said the crowds had definitely decreased, he said May was crazy (not just Golden week, but most of the month). It hardly rained and the weather was in the 80s, by the end of our trip the weather was in the 90s but nothing crazy. At Disney and Universal we also got super lucky with low crowds at both theme parks.

We use AA miles to fly to Japan and BA Avios to fly back. The fees on BA are crazy but since we didn't pay for hotels (used Chase travel portal) it wasn't that big of a deal.

Oh, that is so good to hear, that is pretty much the exact time frame we are looking at! I am a little worried about the weather but we just don't have other options. So glad to hear it was nice for you both weather and crowds!

Yeah, the BA fees stink but when I think of how much we are saving overall, then it is still a really good deal. Just need to convince DH of that!

What are you doing going to rental counters? I shudder at the thought of that! Both Hertz and Enterprise have free programs to skip the counter and then you don’t have to deal with that nonsense.

Budget, Avis and Alamo too!

Depends on the airport. I landed in BTR on Monday with a reservation with Hertz (I'm President's club). They don't have the "skip the counter" option and even if they did, they had NO cars ready. 4 of us waited until the returned cars were gassed up and washed (about 20 minutes for me).

Anyway, they didn't bug me about insurance at all. I did think it was odd that the person who got their car just before me was given a laundry list of things/rules "no pets, etc" and when my car was ready she just handed me the keys.

I see leenie responded, but there ARE airports which do not have this perk. i rented through Alamo at Milwaukee in August - no skip the counter. Was extremely thankful I used Alamo as the line at the Budget counter there was 2 hours long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter