I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Adding on to this question:

Are there tax implications /required government filings that are associated with having a credit card for business use?

Trying to learn about the points and miles game and want to minimize surprises. For example, there is a tax implication to credit card referral bonuses that I did not know about before making referrals -trying to be more thorough in my research about business cards.
not sure about the business card but i know most referrals are capped to lower amounts so there is no tax form.

Anyone familiar with Chase referrals ... I referred P2 to the CiP card. She was not immediately approved but we were able to call and get the card approved. How long should it take for me to see the referral bonus? I don't see it yet, and its been over a week since she was approved. Does she have to activate the card first, or does it take 1 billing cycle or something?
I got a CIC through P2's link in early July. P2 finally shows the points as pending. Took a month for that to happen.

Delayed...not cancelled....hang in there!
The plane is on its way so that’s good at least. It’s coming from Italy and was over 3 hours late leaving from there. I was worried about keeping ds entertained today but luckily he’s been pretty good so far. He took a super long bath and we ate breakfast twice lol. We’ll probably head to the airport soon and go to the lounge.

Adding on to this question:

Are there tax implications /required government filings that are associated with having a credit card for business use?

Trying to learn about the points and miles game and want to minimize surprises. For example, there is a tax implication to credit card referral bonuses that I did not know about before making referrals -trying to be more thorough in my research about business cards.
No tax implications for having a biz card specifically, but with higher referral bonuses you'll likely be sent a tax form from the bank. I'm thinking of the current 40K referral bonus from Chase ink cards, in particular, which is unusually high.

My DLR trip this past weekend was great and as of yesterday everything I need to or can prebook/buy for Japan is done. Now I can get excited.

The trip and the FL/PHX trip in March were both big helps for planning how to pack, knowing my legs are ready for all the walking and some other stuff that'll make things easier or I need to get to take with me.

Now to start planning for next summers trip 🙂

Anyone else get an email from Ally today about them piloting an invite-only referral program? New bank account holders can earn $100 with one direct deposit. It looks like an easy bonus if you don't already bank with Ally. (I put the info on dischurners.)

I've never been to Chicago, but I will imagine I have! Thanks for the tip.

When I went a million years ago (I was only 15), we spent a few days on Waikiki and a few days in Kauai. All I really remember is that Kauai seemed much more remote, and very peaceful.

Wish my Grandma was still around so I could ask her what SHE enjoyed.
Kauai is still more remote and peaceful than the other islands, although the Big Island (Hawaii) is a close second. We went to both in Feb. of this year, primarily because my Hyatt Globalist benefits expired at the end of Feb. and we stayed at the Grand Hyatt Kauai...but also because we wanted to see whales and we had only visited HI in May previously.

That was our 5th trip to Hawaii in the last 15 years and we've visited Kauai each time (our favorite). It was our second trip to the Big Island. We've been to Maui twice and Oahu once (for one day). We don't have much desire to go back to Oahu, especially Wakiki since, as others have said, it's a big city. Parts of Maui also have that city feel, but it's still beautiful, has amazing resorts, beaches, snorkeling, etc. Kauai is our favorite because it is the most tropical, remote, laid back, etc.

A couple more points:
- With your UR points, the Grand Hyatt Kauai is a great option - some consider it the best Hyatt resort in all of Hawaii. The Andaz Maui is right up there with it as far as Hawaii Hyatt's go.
- I mentioned whale watching. If you're going in Jan. and the thought of seeing whales interests you, you might want to consider staying on Maui or the Big Island, at least for 2-3 nights. There are several hotels/resorts on the west sides of both islands that look directly into the major channels / waterways where the whales frequent. We didn't take a tour, but really enjoyed being able to see them from the shores and the resort (Hilton Waikoloa).

I've churned cards for my wife and I for years, but only recently considered doing it for my DD20, who is in college, after reading of others here doing the same. She's been an AU on one of my cards (Skymiles Amex) for a couple years and doesn't have any cards of her own. However, I'm interested in doing this purely for the SUBs (which I would probably transfer to my accounts), and I wouldn't even give her the cards for spending.

As I do with my wife (who doesn't work), I plan on using household income and our home address. Am I too ambitious to think I could use a CSP referral for my DD's first standalone credit card app? Is there anything else I need to consider when venturing into churning for her?

I've churned cards for my wife and I for years, but only recently considered doing it for my DD20, who is in college, after reading of others here doing the same. She's been an AU on one of my cards (Skymiles Amex) for a couple years and doesn't have any cards of her own. However, I'm interested in doing this purely for the SUBs (which I would probably transfer to my accounts), and I wouldn't even give her the cards for spending.

As I do with my wife (who doesn't work), I plan on using household income and our home address. Am I too ambitious to think I could use a CSP referral for my DD's first standalone credit card app? Is there anything else I need to consider when venturing into churning for her?
Unfortunately, CSP may be a reach. Most of our college kids here were denied a Chase card until they had another card of their own ( not AU). My DD and many others started with Discover

Before she graduated, my daughter got a Discover, then CF which was a springboard to a SW card. When she had a job offer in hand, she got a CSP.

Anyone else get an email from Ally today about them piloting an invite-only referral program? New bank account holders can earn $100 with one direct deposit. It looks like an easy bonus if you don't already bank with Ally. (I put the info on dischurners.)
None here, but nice!

There was a law passed a while ago which prevents use of HHI for 18-20 year olds (the CARD act I believe--I'm not a lawyer nor do I stay at Hilton Garden Inns). Now some tend to ignore that and apply using it anyway but I chose to get student cards for my DD when she was starting off in school-student Discover and Cap1 when she was a freshman, student Chase her second year, then Chase Freedom Flex her junior year and then, after she turned 21, used HHI for an American Express Platinum (we fly Delta and she uses it for the lounge benefits only). I tend to be a rule follower for her credit and at times her credit is higher than mine 😂 but I think that will serve her well once she launches into the real world.

That said, once she is gainfully employed as an adult(🤞🤞🤞) I have considered the CSP for her but that's with 2 Chase cards and 3+ years of primary card plus 16+ years as an AU---Chase is reported to like a relationship with them so I've tried to develop one with them for her. As always YMMV.

The CSP was dd's first cc. She had been an AU on my Hyatt card for 3 yrs before that. 'She' received IA. Once points were received they were transferred to my account. 'She' has also received the Hilton Surpass (last year) and the Hilton biz and no fee card this year. Never had a problem. I've done all the spend on the cards in her name and pay them in full every month. She probably has a very high credit score at the age of 21.

Has anyone received an e-mail about being a verified fan for TS's latest set of tour dates? No one here has received one; ds's boyfriend checked X and apparently the word is that the e-mails are being sent throughout the day but hardly anyone has received one yet. I still have hope that one of us receives a code....

Has anyone received an e-mail about being a verified fan for TS's latest set of tour dates? No one here has received one; ds's boyfriend checked X and apparently the word is that the e-mails are being sent throughout the day but hardly anyone has received one yet. I still have hope that one of us receives a code....

I guess I forgot today was the 8th! But none of our 6 people have gotten the email.

My fear is that "hardly anyone" in the population of people wanting tickets is still a very large number. :(

Do they send a "sorry, you didn't get selected" email? I got that for the first round of U2/Sphere tickets.

do you all think this credit card bill will pass reducing awards?
did everyone sign the petition?

Nope! There’s a screenshot going around (not sure the source/validity) that says it will be starting at 7pm. No one I’ve seen on Reddit or IG has gotten an email either way yet (and I follow the fan accounts lol)

Do they send a "sorry, you didn't get selected" email? I got that for the first round of U2/Sphere tickets.
They did last time and I believe they said you would get a “waitlist” email this time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter