I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have used one in my checked bag the last few times. I liked having that peace of mind.

I love all the tips about using them with your parents! I told my BIL that he should hide one in my nephew's car without him knowing it. The teens figured out how to get around the tracking app they use.

If they have an iPhone it will notify them that an AirTag has been tracking their location, then they can have it play a sound to locate it in/on the vehicle.

Yeah I plan to put one in each of three checked bags, then the last in the "electronics" carryon bag for travel days. Once to the parks I figure I will give one to my Mother and one to DD that way if we get separated can locate them quickly, then one in the park bag of course.

If they have an iPhone it will notify them that an AirTag has been tracking their location, then they can have it play a sound to locate it in/on the vehicle.

Yeah I plan to put one in each of three checked bags, then the last in the "electronics" carryon bag for travel days. Once to the parks I figure I will give one to my Mother and one to DD that way if we get separated can locate them quickly, then one in the park bag of course.
Thanks for the info. I thought you had to activate it on your phone.

Hi! Hoping for some next steps advice and perhaps some explaining like you would a toddler advice....

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months.

Really old BOA Visa, Discover card, Kohls card, and Target card

04/19 - Chase Preferred (SUB posted on June statement)
06/19 – Chase Southwest Plus (SUB posted July statement)
01/21 – Delta SkyMiles Gold
10/22 – United Quest

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? Between $2000 and $3000
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Payoff
  • · What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? Indianapolis but can look at Chicago airports, Louisville, Dayton, Cincinnati
  • · Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? No
  • · Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? Yes
  • · Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • · Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much)100,000 in United points, my husband has 267000 in Marriott points which can be transferred, Chase URs – 56000, Southwest -12000, Delta – some small amount of points
  • · What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) Vacation
  • · When do you plan to take these trips? (Keep in mind that it can be difficult to earn points/miles to cover imminent travel...it's best to plan far in advance, especially with regards to international travel) Road trip in October that will likely be paid cash – flying into Boston and driving the northeast. Smaller towns for the most part so no big name hotels as far as I know. The big one is Hawaii for next spring break – hitting up Kauai and the Big Island
  • · Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) Husband, two kids – 12 and 9 - husband works for United so I rarely have to get him a plane ticket

• Unfortunately, I currently have nothing that I can justify as a business. At this point, we don’t have hugely aspirational goals. I’d like to get the kids to Europe in the next few years, but will fly economy so that will help. I believe for Hawaii I may look at booking United through Turkish Airways provided United has award availability which either means I sign up for a Citi or Capital One card or transfer Marriott points. Or cash with Southwest. Then my oldest turns 13 next May so will need to get either precheck for her or GE. Just trying to see what is the most beneficial.
  • So – questions are - with regards to my CSP – how do I get a new one? I need to downgrade the CSP to a Freedom then can apply for a new one? But can’t apply until July correct? And so can I get a Citi/Capital One card now and then get the CSP in July? And which is a better choice?
  • I need to cancel the Southwest card -when is the best time to do that?
  • Thanks in advance! I used to read this thread riiigghhht before covid shut the world down so I kind of blocked everything out. Hoping to work some magic over the next few years!

If you don’t have plans to use the CP the end of this year, I’d recommend waiting to apply until the end of September/October and make sure not to meet the MSR until 2024to have the points all post in early 2024 so you have the CP for most of 2024 and all of 2025.
If you apply in August for one card and then a few months later for a second you’d only have it for a bit in 2023 and all of 2024
Normally I would do this but I'm not sure I really need two full years at this time. I could easily wait an additional two years and plan it better to fully use the companion pass. I have plans for multiple flights in 2024 with the first being in mid February and I wanted to be able to book flights ASAP. As of now I doubt I would really need anything in 2025 but that of course could change. My main focus was being able to book flights for February 2024. If I'm correct once my December statement posts I could then finish my spend in 2023 and the points would post in 2024 and count for that year? Is that correct? If so I may just wait and book flights in early. Also I could apply myself and do the spend now and then DW for the end of the year to maximize the pass.

Normally I would do this but I'm not sure I really need two full years at this time. I could easily wait an additional two years and plan it better to fully use the companion pass. I have plans for multiple flights in 2024 with the first being in mid February and I wanted to be able to book flights ASAP. As of now I doubt I would really need anything in 2025 but that of course could change. My main focus was being able to book flights for February 2024. If I'm correct once my December statement posts I could then finish my spend in 2023 and the points would post in 2024 and count for that year? Is that correct? If so I may just wait and book flights in early. Also I could apply myself and do the spend now and then DW for the end of the year to maximize the pass.
If your main goal is to have it for early 2024, then you will want to get the cards as soon as you are eligible. You'll have it all of next year. Then you would be eligible again in late 2025 or early 2026 (depending on when you get the bonus pts this time).

Hi, all. Any quick thoughts on KLM vs Air France transcon premium economy? Thanks!
I had this same question and did a lot of research about 6 months ago. I tend to spend way too much time and energy making decisions like this. KLM's Premium Comfort is a brand new product introduced in late 2022. Air France's Premium Economy is a few years old (2018 I think). I watched some videos of each and chose KLM.

I had this same question and did a lot of research about 6 months ago. I tend to spend way too much time and energy making decisions like this. KLM's Premium Comfort is a brand new product introduced in late 2022. Air France's Premium Economy is a few years old (2018 I think). I watched some videos of each and chose KLM.
I came to the same conclusion and probably watched some of the same videos 😀. Much appreciated!

If your main goal is to have it for early 2024, then you will want to get the cards as soon as you are eligible. You'll have it all of next year. Then you would be eligible again in late 2025 or early 2026 (depending on when you get the bonus pts this time).
My last bonus points posted to my SW account on 07/27/21. So I would assume that at least by 08/01/23 I would be eligible to apply again. I just wanted to clarify how to use a business card and a personal card to get both bonuses. Which should I apply for first and how much time should there be in-between the applications?

Yes that correct if you complete both spends after the December statement posts everything should post in 2024…since you Have a P2…if you wanted to get to cards and the Sign up bonus in 2023 and have the CP for all of 2024…you could do that and then at then end of 2024 have P2 go for the CP with 2 cards for 2024 and 2025

Not sure of your route, but CDG but AMS might be a determining factor. AMS had some difficulties last year, but man is CDG a trek. Just a few posts back there was discussion of hours long wait times, etc. So perhaps that factors into the decision?

For those of you who have used the CSP $50 benefit when booking thru the Chase portal: Did I do this right?

Booked hotel through the Chase portal when logged into CSP account. Paid in full with CSP but found it weird that I had to enter my CSP cc info. Terms say $50 credit will post within 2 days of charge posting, but it's been 4. Not in a hurry but just not sure if I missed a step?

I just wanted to clarify how to use a business card and a personal card to get both bonuses. Which should I apply for first and how much time should there be in-between the applications?
Get the biz card first. There has to be at least 30 days before you apply for the personal card, but the longer you can stretch out that interval the more likely Chase will approve you (depending on what your velocity has been up to that point).

Lucky! DH was denied this weekend for too many recent inquiries and too much unused credit 🙄 and for point of reference he’s 4/24, 1/12, 1/6 for personal cards. I was surprised, but after reading some DPs on DOC see a lot of people getting denied for the same reasons.

sorry about the denial. My stats were 3/24, 1/12, 1/6. So I feel lucky. I’m now 4/24 with one dropping off in August. I’ve never had the personal card, just the citi AA Biz before. DH needs to go for this card as well. He is 1/24, 0/12.

Is 1/6 you're both referring to inquiries or new accounts?

Tempting offer but I wonder if it's like the Premier where you need 0/6 inquiries for best chances.

Hi! Hoping for some next steps advice and perhaps some explaining like you would a toddler advice....

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months.

10/22 – United Quest

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? Between $2000 and $3000
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Payoff
  • · What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? Indianapolis but can look at Chicago airports, Louisville, Dayton, Cincinnati
  • · Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much)100,000 in United points, my husband has 267000 in Marriott points which can be transferred, Chase URs – 56000, Southwest -12000, Delta – some small amount of points
  • · What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) Vacation
  • · When do you plan to take these trips? (Keep in mind that it can be difficult to earn points/miles to cover imminent travel...it's best to plan far in advance, especially with regards to international travel) Road trip in October that will likely be paid cash – flying into Boston and driving the northeast. Smaller towns for the most part so no big name hotels as far as I know. The big one is Hawaii for next spring break – hitting up Kauai and the Big Island
  • · Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) Husband, two kids – 12 and 9 - husband works for United so I rarely have to get him a plane ticket

• Unfortunately, I currently have nothing that I can justify as a business. At this point, we don’t have hugely aspirational goals. I’d like to get the kids to Europe in the next few years, but will fly economy so that will help. I believe for Hawaii I may look at booking United through Turkish Airways provided United has award availability which either means I sign up for a Citi or Capital One card or transfer Marriott points. Or cash with Southwest. Then my oldest turns 13 next May so will need to get either precheck for her or GE. Just trying to see what is the most beneficial.
  • So – questions are - with regards to my CSP – how do I get a new one? I need to downgrade the CSP to a Freedom then can apply for a new one? But can’t apply until July correct? And so can I get a Citi/Capital One card now and then get the CSP in July? And which is a better choice?
  • Thanks in advance! I used to read this thread riiigghhht before covid shut the world down so I kind of blocked everything out. Hoping to work some magic over the next few years!
Welcome back! You are in a great position with Chase at 1/24, and having 2 of you will help because you can earn chunks of miles by using support links from each other for new cards. I can't answer all of your questions, but I can help you with a couple of items. For Southwest, you need to close your current card at least 30 days before you want to apply for a new one. They basically pause your account for the first 30 days after you cancel it. I learned that first hand.

For your CSP, you definitely want to downgrade it so that you can keep your UR. Most people do one of the Freedom cards. I don't think the timing matters on that downgrade, but someone can correct me if I am wrong. I do not have any info about Citi/Capital One because I have only done Chase and AmEx.

Lucky! DH was denied this weekend for too many recent inquiries and too much unused credit 🙄 and for point of reference he’s 4/24, 1/12, 1/6 for personal cards. I was surprised, but after reading some DPs on DOC see a lot of people getting denied for the same reasons.
I had the exact same experience 👎. First denial ever.

Not sure of your route, but CDG but AMS might be a determining factor. AMS had some difficulties last year, but man is CDG a trek. Just a few posts back there was discussion of hours long wait times, etc. So perhaps that factors into the decision?
We are spending our last few days in AMS, so that also factored into my KLM choice. I was willing to go through CDG if needed, but I was able to find a good Premium Comfort rate on KLM out of AMS. I did hear about all the issues at AMS, but like you said CDG has been bad recently as well. I'll just plan on giving us plenty of time before our flights and hope for the best.

Get the biz card first. There has to be at least 30 days before you apply for the personal card, but the longer you can stretch out that interval the more likely Chase will approve you (depending on what your velocity has been up to that point).
Does the 24 month rule apply to both personal and business SW cards? My card in 2021 was a personal card. Can I get the business card now before my 24 months are up?

10/22 – United Quest

Welcome!

CSP steps: Your anniversary annual fee must have recently posted or will post soon. Be sure you've used all of the benefits you'd like to use, such as $50 hotel credit and Instacart credits. When you log into Chase and look at your $50 hotel benefit, it will tell you specifically when it is due to reset. Some people will use it, then use it again when it resets, then cancel/downgrade the card after the credit posts.

You can downgrade your card to a Freedom or cancel it. Many people prefer to downgrade so they can retain that card's history. There's rules about wait time between cancellation or downgrade, but not really relevant to you because you are going to wait until July to apply for another CSP. In the meantime, consider supporting your spouse to apply now if he is eligible and then he can support you again in July when you are ready to apply. The public offer may be better than the support offer (not sure).

Please ask on here about what happens with your URs if you were to cancel or downgrade to a Freedom, assuming you don't have any other UR cards?

Same advice applies for the Southwest card- use all of the benefits you can before AF posts, then check when the credits reset and use them again if you'd like to. Once the credits post, you can cancel this card.

****If you don't have a P2 who can provide a support link for a new card, consider joining our group over at DISCHURNERs on reddit. You can message a MOD over there with your Disboards username and they'll get you access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter