I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I filed a claim (for car rental coverage, not hotel or flight, so there might be differences) with my CSR back in 2019. The claim is handled through a 3rd party, not Chase itself. I would read the fine print very carefully if you are going to rely on the credit card for protections. You have to upload PDFs of everything - credit card statements showing a (partial or full) charge on the card, probably a note from the doctor advising against travel in case of illness, an official document (or maybe a screenshot will work these days? idk) from the airline regarding cancellation/delays due to weather. It is time-consuming, just be aware. In my case with the car rental (someone hit my rental car when I left it with the valet, but the valet wasn't sitting in it when it happened so the hotel said it wasn't their problem 🙄 even though the hotel cameras caught the whole thing). It took months, and many hours of me following up, for things to get settled.

I hope others who have had to make claims on the CSP/CSR for travel protections can share their own experiences. I think it would be really helpful for all of us with CSP/CSR to know the details of how it worked for them.

ETA: thread on FT about this subject, this link goes to 2024 but the wiki has a link to the preceding thread that covers 2019-2023 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cha...rruption-delay-insurance-benefits-2024-a.html
Good info, thanks for sharing. As it turns out my friend preferred the idea of splitting the hotel cost evenly, so I ended up booking my flights on miles. It'll be nice to have that peace of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter