I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she has gotten several pop ups before. She only has one card, the Delta Blue. She has never closed it, spends a little bit on it each month.
The reason she would get one without a bonus, is for the 60000 MR from the business checking. Her only option for Delta miles is a Delta card or an MR card/account. She has gotten the Delta pop up a couple of times already. I did tell her she could try that first, and it doesn't work then go with the other.
But 60k MR's with no spend, just a bank account is a pretty great deal. I don't know for sure that she would get a popup on an MR card, I just wanted to make sure she could still get the card, if she can't get either without a pop up. The BBP isn't a huge bonus anyway, to miss out on, especially for the required $3k spend.
So has your DD tried to open? If she has any AmEx CC I'm pretty sure she's eligible, I don't see where it has to be a MR card? It's open to consumer or business cards.

We are currently accepting applications from American Express® Basic Card Members with a U.S. Consumer or Business Credit Card issued by American Express National Bank. American Express Rewards Checking customers are not eligible at this time.

From this bit it just needs to be her card, not like a AU or something. But maybe I missed a bit in your posts, apologies I'm actually traveling right now and mostly skimming.
Under the 10 Qualifying transactions it say:
Mobile Deposits
Electronic/Online Transactions including ACH, Wire and Bill Payments made to or from your account.
Business Debit Card Transactions using our Redeem Membership Rewards Points for Deposits are not Qualifying Transactions.

Hmmm.. Now I am confused. Glad I asked. I may end up doing the same and transferring $ over from my Associated Bank account .
Yes, debit card transactions are not part of the qualifying transactions. Most people transfer out/in from any bank account. Just check the tracker if you're not sure if it's a ACH or RTP transaction. I don't know how picky they are on the different transfer networks. But trial deposits have been counting on the tracker, so there doesn't appear to be a minimum amount.
I am considering the AMEX 60,000 Bank Biz Promo also but I am not sure what qualifies for the 10 Qualifying transactions. If I am understanding correctly I can just transfer additional money from another bank account or pay any type of bill from the AMEX account? Thank you.
Yep! That's how most DPs I've seen do it. I did the same but I did mine a year ago when it first launched and was part of the group that was automatically awarded the bonus. So they cut my tracker off early. Before that though, all my transfers and bill pays counted.

I’m heading to Nuremberg tomorrow (from Munich) and excited to see the market there. It’s supposed to be one of the prettiest.

Ds and I are staying at the Platzl, which I booked using URs. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Munich. It is clean, very well-located, the staff are super friendly and knowledgeable and the breakfast is amazing (it is FAR better than the paltry buffet at the Goldener Hersch). Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures — I wanted to get out and explore Munich, but my room is cozy and I love it. Ds has a smaller category room and it is perfect for him. My room wasn’t ready for 3pm check-in, but they gave me a drink voucher for the hotel bar. I didn’t care because I left my bags in ds’s room and hit the road to explore.

Ds and I dropped a large bag of laundry at a local wash and fold (that I found online before we left) and they only want 15Euros for the bag (the hotel wanted 15Euros for 1 pair of pants!). It will be ready for pick-up Wednesday (we will pick-up Thursday morning).

Ds and I are going on a bus trip on Wednesday to Neuschwanstein Castle, which is the castle that Walt Disney modeled Sleeping Beauty Castle after. It’s a *very* popular site to visit, but a bit hard to reach on your own, thus the bus trip with Gray Line (which is the same company that I booked the Jacobite Steam train trip with in Edinburgh in the summer). I’m super excited for this trip!
My daughters and I went to that castle in April. It’s probably too late for you to cancel the bus trip, but I seem to recall taking a train there that was very easy. Stopped right in town. Sorry I can’t be more helpful with the specifics. My daughters planned the whole trip as a surprise. I didn’t find out we were headed to Germany until 7:00 pm the night before when I was served German chocolate cake for my birthday and finally put all the clues together.

Ok...I'm going to post my end of year travel/non travel stats... They seem so pale in comparison with the others here yet they've meant so much to me in terms of much needed breaks from "life" and time spent with family and friends--- I'll be honest, at the start of 2022 I assumed I would go NOWHERE this year,so every trip was a bonus.:sunny:
(disclaimer....I have a LARGE family on both sides lol)
1) Feb '22 5 nights in WDW with family-
hotel Lake Buena Vista Palace $250/night=approx. $1250- on Hilton points so $0
spent approx $450 on self and DS for food and park ticket,using previous bought gc's at 10-15% discount (calling it oop $0 for this trip)
Airfare $22 on SWA for 2 of us - approx. $400 value
2) Trip to St Louis/midwest to visit family
airfare cost $22 SWA -
rental car costs about $300- offset with UR statement credits= $0
stayed with family the whole time $0
3) 5 day Family trip to Hershey Park/Sesame Place
Hotel- IHG free nights/points + Marriott FNC -approx.$1000- my cost $15
Park tix-Approx $250 offset using travel credit from CSR= $0
Food costs- don't recall but used UR statement credits =$50
4) 5 Night Trip to ST Louis with family to visit more family and be tourists/see all the sites
Airfare-$11 SWA -approx value $200= $0
Hotel- Hyatt Place -Approx $175/night/$900= $0 using UR transfer points
Car rental $0 for me since I took care of hotel, travel party took care of the rental
Food- $200-(used UR statement credits for most of this)
5)Weekend Overnight in NYC with some friends
Train ticket $45 (offset with travel credit from CSR)
IHG FNC -value $350 -cost $0
Food etc approx $150 or so (statement credits)
So nothing exotic, but WOW...in this year of drastic and awful changes for me,being able to still travel and have fun,at minimal/no cost was worth EVERYTHING.

We love Tulum for a family and have been recently. You can peek at my Tulum trip report in my signature; we stayed at the new Conrad and it was great for families. If you have an Amex plat, check out the FHR promos- there were really great ones for the Conrad with the 3rd night free and much bettter priced than using points, but it will vary by the time of year you are going.

You don't mention which pyramids, so I'll give you info on all three archeological sites:
- Tulum. Easy peasy- grab a cab at the hotel. Go as early as you can- it gets hot and busy. Buy tickets online in advance if you can. Tip- tons of iguanas there and they like bananas.
- Coba. About 45 min drive. This is one of my favorite sites. You can still climb the main pyramid, which is steep and quite the accomplishment. The view from the top is amazing. To get around the site, you can rent bicycles, or if your kids are younger, you can rent a bicycle taxi (rickshaw) for a very reasonable amount.
- ChichenItza- one of the seven wonders of the world. Everyone should visit at least once and hiring a guide onsite is easy. Hot and sunny.

For Coba and ChickenItza, if you don't care to drive, I like to use entertainmentplus/USA transfers to hire a car/driver for the day. They are also great for airport transfers. They do shared tours too.

LMK if you have other questions. I could talk about Tulum all day.
Thank you! I will go read your trip report! Is it better to use the transfer you mentioned above then arrange through the hotel? I was thinking of Chichen Itza - being the most famous. How was the food at the Conrad? My kids are picky and not adventurous. Did they have teddy bears at this location?

@NewbieMom

FHR offer:

Conrad Tulum Riviera Maya​

Receive a complimentary third night add a US$275 property credit when booking a stay of at least 3 nights at Conrad Tulum Riviera Maya. To take advantage of this offer, book from 01OCT22 through 31DEC22 for hotel stays from 01OCT22 and completed by 31MAR23. In addition, enjoy these valuable benefits with each Fine Hotels + Resorts® booking: 12pm check-in, when available, Room upgrade upon arrival, when available (certain room categories are not eligible for upgrade), Daily breakfast for two people, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Guaranteed 4pm late checkout, and

This is a great deal! We can't go the 1st half of the year but are pretty open 2nd half. I'll keep an eye out if they extend the promotion!

My trip recap for 2022 also pales in comparison to all the amazing trips you guys have taken this year, but these were the right trips for us this year, and all at minimal expense due to this fun hobby! I have no idea of costs now that they're over (I'm bad at keeping record once it's done), but in case anyone needs any ideas for upcoming travel, here's what we did:

1) January: 4 night cruise from Cape Canaveral to Bahamas
2) March: long weekend trip to beach (Charleston)
3) June: long weekend trip to Atlanta
4) August: long weekend trip to beach (Myrtle)
3) August: 7 night Utah national parks trip
3) December: 6 night cruise from FLL to Jamaica/Labadee

Hoping our next year of travel is more exciting! We're making it a goal to do at least one trip a month. It sounds ambitious, but by "trip" we are including even just weekend getaways to the beach or to a close state park for a weekend of hiking, etc. But we want to do at least one overnight trip per month. It helps so much with our sanity!!! lol. Also we have our Yellowstone trip booked for May 2023, and hoping to get to Japan in November. Can't wait to see what ya'll have planned for the next year!! I do enjoy reading everyone's trip reviews so much!

Last edited:

You guys I was thinking wow, where did our money go. I’ve got to pay off our CIU that has our new floors and that’s going to drain our home account. I totally forgot we moved $10k to Amex until I was reading all the Amex comments.
I’m usually so organized. And DH has no idea we have these accounts, if something were to happen to me he wouldn’t know what to do.

Just booked a week trip for DH and me to Ireland on United. I had 120k miles and transferred in another 149k from Chase. Coach one way and Polaris coming home. $88 as well. I think the points costs are getting absolutely astronomical! However, both flights are non stop and the times are just about perfect. So I really can't complain. I could have done coach with stops both ways for closer to 120k but opted for convenience. Now I actually have to plan what we're doing.

You guys I was thinking wow, where did our money go. I’ve got to pay off our CIU that has our new floors and that’s going to drain our home account. I totally forgot we moved $10k to Amex until I was reading all the Amex comments.
I’m usually so organized. And DH has no idea we have these accounts, if something were to happen to me he wouldn’t know what to do.
I have written instructions for DH in a lockbox in the house. He's otherwise clueless.

So has your DD tried to open? If she has any AmEx CC I'm pretty sure she's eligible, I don't see where it has to be a MR card? It's open to consumer or business cards.

We are currently accepting applications from American Express® Basic Card Members with a U.S. Consumer or Business Credit Card issued by American Express National Bank. American Express Rewards Checking customers are not eligible at this time.

From this bit it just needs to be her card, not like a AU or something. But maybe I missed a bit in your posts, apologies I'm actually traveling right now and mostly skimming.
She has her own card, yes, but I believe in order to use the checking account MRs to transfer to Delta you have to have an MR card to pool them too? She wouldn't want to cash them out, she wants the Delta miles.
Chase offers work on email gift cards from shop Disney, right?

I have a ton of offers and a dcl cruise payment due in two weeks
Yup I always get e-gift cards.

I totally enjoy reading all the expeditions and adventures that the people here plan and take. Most of them are out of my reach not because of cost but because of my anxiety. I don't wish to travel internationally by myself and I'm very reluctant to fly. There's probably a pill for that....

All that said, I've enjoyed collecting credit card rewards and gifting to family.

Still I've managed to do some limited and local trips. I also have DVC, and have used points to pay some dues.

1. January this year my first trip was to Hilton Head with my two grands. Disney Resort using my DVC. I used the proceeds from a signup bonus to cover the gas down and back, used gift cards for food and souvenirs for the girls. 4 or 5 nights, can't recall exactly.

2. March was a repeat but with just one grandchild. On both trips I used Marriott FNC for overnights to make the ride each day shorter for the girls. 5 nights at the resort.

3. April was a trip to Florida and Disney. DD and girls flew down and took a Disney cruise out of Cape Canaveral. We went back and forth about me going on the cruise, but I couldn't make myself go. Even arriving to pick them up at the terminal was so stressful for me, but I forced myself to do it, especially since DD refused to take an Uber out to meet me.

I drove down and spent a couple of nights in Daytona Beach Shores, sitting and walking on the beach, something I truly love to do. I did 4-5 nights on FNC's and Marriott points going and coming. Then I met my family and carried them all to the Polynesian for a few days. DVC and Disney gift cards for food, plus other cards for outside restaurants. I learned how to navigate some of Disney's new rules on that trip. We mostly had takeout from Kona Cafe and the quick service plus a few Dole Whips and a couple of meals over in Celebration at some spots I still enjoy. It was a no park trip although I have tickets to burn. If I don't use them they will get reassigned to family. DD did not want to do tickets into the crowded parks for the girls after the cruise, so they did a lot of swimming which was fine with them. She had to do remote work 2 days of her trip so I enjoyed the grands. They flew home, ubering to MCO at 4am and flying SW into DC - I don't remember which airport. Then I meandered up the road, stopping in Hilton Head for a bit but not at Disney.

4. Hyatt points paid for my hotel in Ocean City, Maryland in June. Plus I may have stayed IHG that trip also. 3 nights total during the Air Show. The cost of mediocre hotels in summer in OC is ridiculous! I don't want to fly but I love watching the planes. We were right there so sat on our balcony and watched a lot, ate pizza and other junk food and at least one or two decent meals. Walked the beach, visited the sand dunes and horses on Assateague Island and chilled.

5. Back To OC on Hyatt points again end of July, with a repeat except no air show, just sand, sun and horses on the Island.
I stayed at Holiday Inn and Suites on one or both of these trips also. That hotel is beautiful after a significant refurb. I will do it next trip again as you step right out onto the beach sand.

6. Fast forward to November, Disney again. We stayed DVC at BWV and Grand Floridian Lagoon Resort studio. Felt like a 70 year old Princess in that room. This trip we went to the parks and were up early and out the door for rope drop, which was sort of anticlimactic because after being admitted to the parks for the early opening hours, they held us until 8 before we could ride in MK and DHS. Still I was able to easily do as much as I wanted with minimal waiting in lines. I didn't need the 'extra' paid stuff because I don't do anything very exciting, with Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad the most ambitious I got. My long time friend came along on this trip so I had a companion. She did the exciting rides (she's a few months older than me but afraid of nothing but patiently understands me), and did not need the paid genie plus or paid lightning lanes either. While she did the MK mountains, I visited Tom Sawyers Island for the first time in 34 years of Disney trips. It was peaceful. Didn't wait in any long lines more than maybe 20 minutes. We also hopped into Epcot from our parks, didn't make a reservation there, since it's so easy when staying at BWV.

Friend caught the fireworks and whatever the thing in Epcot is called - edit here - Harmonious? After getting up early most days, I just wanted to go to bed by 8 or 9, but the fireworks would wake me some nights and I would look out the window at them. Our rooms were great with very nice views.

And now December is here and I want to go see the snow geese when they arrive in the Blackwater Refuge on the Eastern Shore - no bugs to carry you away, just cold. I'll do points nights wherever they are available. Late January into February I head out again for Hilton Head and Boardwalk Villas with a night at Riviera to check it out. I'm going to miss the 10% on gas on my Chase cards once January 1 rolls around! Turns out I had in on 2 Disney cards and the IHG card. I'll be stocking up on a few hundred in Amazon Gift cards at the nearby Royal Farms gas station. They carry everything but Disney cards.

Have maxed out Discover's 5% quarter and Freedom Flex's 5% quarter. Really happy that Discover Q1 2023 includes Grocery Stores and Streaming, that'll be easy for us to max out. Hopefully Freedom Flex isn't Grocery also... I would love if it's Gas Stations though! With DH switching to driving a truck instead of a little sedan next year, I'm sure our gas budget will double.

I’ve seen DPs of $1.00 pushes from Chase, and now USBank working.

This is what I did ( I padded the balance to make sure I was well over the $5k average balance) View attachment 723382View attachment 723383

That worked for me. Even the test deposits and debits of a few cents from my bank that they sent over to verify the account counted towards the 10.

I did the 30k and got the bonus about a month ago. What are the odds that Amex would match the offer?
Thank you all for the confirmation. I will go ahead and apply for the account. If I am approved then I should not have any problem earning the 60k MR's.

Yes, debit card transactions are not part of the qualifying transactions. Most people transfer out/in from any bank account. Just check the tracker if you're not sure if it's a ACH or RTP transaction. I don't know how picky they are on the different transfer networks. But trial deposits have been counting on the tracker, so there doesn't appear to be a minimum amount.

Yep! That's how most DPs I've seen do it. I did the same but I did mine a year ago when it first launched and was part of the group that was automatically awarded the bonus. So they cut my tracker off early. Before that though, all my transfers and bill pays counted.
Thank you also for your information. I am starting to branch out from CC SUBs. We purchased I Bonds at the end of October. This will be my first attempt at a bank bonus. DH does not see the value of a bank bonus but the MR's will be valuable for future travel.

I hope you are enjoying your travel.

did someone here have issues with deactivated disney cards after buying them from stores that had chase offers?

i thought i read someone who had that issue, was curious how they resolved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter