I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I'll have to see if that works. We are now on Tmobile, and they require the autopay for a $15 discount per month. I know with Verizon it was the same, and I was able to make one time payments all the time with no issue. Anyone know if Tmobile is the same thing?
I use my Biz Plat wireless credits on T-mobile and it does not affect auto pay discount. I go in around the 10th and make partial payments of $10, then let the rest bill to the card on file.

My brother is asking for advice on SW CP. His wife got it in early 2022 thru 23 with one personal card (100k SUB), a 20,000 pt boost from me using their link and regular spend. With the personal card bonuses at only 50k, what's the recommended strategy these days? Two Biz cards? One personal one biz? Wait and see if the personal SUB goes up?

I love the Riviera. What room did you book? We did a few nights in the one bedroom suite and it's sort of ruined us for so many other resorts, with the full kitchen, laundry and 2 bathrooms. Love the skyliner access right there.

Since I sometimes travel alone, I booked the Tower room. I'm curious! Right now, no one is scheduled to go with me. If someone comes, I'll maybe cancel and look for another room or something somewhere or just leave that day.

My brother is asking for advice on SW CP. His wife got it in early 2022 thru 23 with one personal card (100k SUB), a 20,000 pt boost from me using their link and regular spend. With the personal card bonuses at only 50k, what's the recommended strategy these days? Two Biz cards? One personal one biz? Wait and see if the personal SUB goes up?
I got it last year by opening the 2 business cards about 45 days apart And meeting the MSR in January 2022…not sure what others have done

I use my Biz Plat wireless credits on T-mobile and it does not affect auto pay discount. I go in around the 10th and make partial payments of $10, then let the rest bill to the card on file.
We use the credits for our Verizon payments. Can we still get the auto pay discount with this?

Since I sometimes travel alone, I booked the Tower room. I'm curious! Right now, no one is scheduled to go with me. If someone comes, I'll maybe cancel and look for another room or something somewhere or just leave that day.
If someone else joins you do not stay in the tower suite. It’s smaller than you think. I found it a bit cramped and I was just traveling solo. Not like it was the worst thing ever, it was just a one and done for me.

Does anyone know which Capital One cards are eligible for Taylor Swift presale? I have a Quicksilver and a 14-year-old who desperately wants tickets, so much so I'm willing to go to 5/24 and get a card that works if I need to, but would be happier if the QuickSilver does the trick. From Taylor Swift's site:
  • You must use an eligible Capital One Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card to complete your purchase. Excludes Capital One issued private label cards.
Thoughts?

I need this info too.
I got an email from Capital One to "Save the Date" for Taylor Swift tickets on November 15, referencing my Quicksilver! So looks like the Quicksilver definitely counts.

anyone book a virgin upper class on points trying to figure out how the redemptions work surely no one is paying 8-12k for a non-stop from MCO to London lol. I've been searching for fake dates and it always gives me an unable message.

Last edited:
I called the recon line for my CSR that I applied for too early (they told me I had received a sapphire bonus 10/31/18) and I applied 10/25. They told me it was not able to be reconsidered since they have to go by the date I applied, but that they didn't pull my credit and I could just apply again.
But now I'm thinking I might want to go for an Ink card first. Since they didn't pull my credit does the 1/30 rule still apply? Or do you think I could go for an Ink now?

I called the recon line for my CSR that I applied for too early (they told me I had received a sapphire bonus 10/31/18) and I applied 10/25. They told me it was not able to be reconsidered since they have to go by the date I applied, but that they didn't pull my credit and I could just apply again.
But now I'm thinking I might want to go for an Ink card first. Since they didn't pull my credit does the 1/30 rule still apply? Or do you think I could go for an Ink now?
I’d think it wouldn’t apply…just a guess though since I have no personal experience…

I'm planning on applying for an Ink card soon. I noticed the bonus is still showing a sub of $750 with $7500 msr. Any thoughts on if this will change to the $900 sub/$6k msr offer? Or should I apply and ask to be matched?
The speculation on Reddit based on previous changes is the support links will change, but obviously no idea when….it seems people are still getting matched so if you need the card soon you should be fine using a current support link and then getting matched

I was in a work meeting today (I work for a local government) about our municipality considering beginning to charge/pass on credit card fees when citizens pay for various municipal services (utilities, zoning/planning permits, etc) online using a credit card.

The specific comment made was "we shouldn't be paying for people to get points on their credit cards."

I wonder if this is just one person catching wind of things, or a growing trend?
My county already charges a fee to use your card, but the lady mentioned people using it for the points. So my town is definitely aware that people are doing it to earn points.
Florida (at least orange county) has a 4% discount if you pay property taxes early, as long as you value the 2% fee you are still ahead of 2% in my mind. They dropped Electric fees (1.50) bills over 150 are 100% worth it (but they dropped it) water doesn't charge it 50$ or more so a few times I may have over paid them for the points 😂 what can I say im a point junky at heart?
My county also gives a discount if you pay early, but they take it away if you pay with a card. It's so stupid. They charge the 3% fee and take away the discount.

Not answering your question, but your post reminded me that P2s CP will expire soon and it should be my turn to be looking at the best way to acquire CP for the next two years. Sadly, it seems that since the pandemic SW have gutted their service from the NorthEast and it seems I have to take a connecting flight almost anywhere these days. Most of those connections seem to route through BWI and the points required shoots way up. I just can't get excited about SW at the moment and I think we have only gotten one use out of P2s CP. If a great offer comes along, I might still jump but I don't feel it is worth the effort of applying for multiple cards at the moment.

Maybe it is a stage of life thing, but currently I feel it is worth paying a little more (in another points currency) to fly direct, than to mess with SW and their connections. Anyone else feel the same?

agree 100%! I have owned BWV for 20 years. I have never had such a hard time getting a room at 11 months. I was going to walk a standard studio for the end of September (which is stupid that I should even have to do that) but I could not. Often times the 11 month date was not even available at booking time, period. I had to stalk and pick up my single days as they finally got dropped. What a pain it was.
You can add me to the list of DVC owners not able to get the dates they wanted - easily at least. I do have a reservation for the summer at a time I don't really want but it is what it is... maybe something will open.

Also passing by to remind folks to get a flu shot. I got mine in September so I would be protected before my cruise last month. Came through the trip healthy and happy. I ended up with Flu A + and a double ear infection last week and I'm just now starting to feel human again. Without my shot... well I don't want to know how it would have been. Considering my husband didn't get it, I assume I picked up a germ at the grocery. I am typically always at home for work and otherwise. The body aches... were awful!

Also, Kohl's black Friday starts Friday.

Maybe it is a stage of life thing, but currently I feel it is worth paying a little more (in another points currency) to fly direct, than to mess with SW and their connections. Anyone else feel the same?

I've felt this way a long time. I don't want to make my day longer by having to connect. I also prefer a red eye when I'm flying to the east coast. Unless I'm staying on the west coast most of their flights require a change. And with AS and DL competing out of SEA they arent even on my radar for the west coast. Plus I like to know I have a window seat and that I don't have to check in as soon as it opens. I'd rather pay for a seat upgrade than a boarding upgrade.

Not answering your question, but your post reminded me that P2s CP will expire soon and it should be my turn to be looking at the best way to acquire CP for the next two years. Sadly, it seems that since the pandemic SW have gutted their service from the NorthEast and it seems I have to take a connecting flight almost anywhere these days. Most of those connections seem to route through BWI and the points required shoots way up. I just can't get excited about SW at the moment and I think we have only gotten one use out of P2s CP. If a great offer comes along, I might still jump but I don't feel it is worth the effort of applying for multiple cards at the moment.

I agree with you on the connecting flights…I live on LI 10 minutes from ISP and since the pandemic SW has cut the number of direct flights to Orlando where we go to visit our son….but at least we still have them…. since it’s definitely not worth it to me to spend 1-2 hrs driving to JFK or LGA

Add me to the list. I'm not willing to waste time and effort taking a flight with connections when there is a non-stop available. This is why we haven't tried for the companion pass yet.

anyone book a virgin upper class on points trying to figure out how the redemptions work surely no one is paying 8-12k for a non-stop from MCO to London lol. I've been searching for fake dates and it always gives me an unable message.

Here are some screen shots:

Login into VirginAtlantic first

Open up the little Advanced Search toggle arrow. Make sure to select points and Upper Class

1667437329033.png
1667437270864.png

1667437238444.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter