I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a base layer and then remove your zip hoodie if needed? I absolutely love the 32degrees stuff at Costco. I have the top and bottom base layers and it's the only way I can survive some of these cold softball tournaments. I'm always freezing, I wish I had had this when my oldest was ice skating. I know once I managed to remove the top in the car (it's quite stretchy) because the sun came out and it got pretty warm.

https://www.costco.com/32-degrees-ladies'-heat-tee,-2-pack.product.100505976.html

People always post about booking two one-ways with SW rather than round-trip. Is this an old hold over from when the system was less advanced? SW will allow you to change either the arrival or the departure if the fare changes, correct? You aren't required to change both (I don't think) so please help me understand this tip!
I always book one ways. Todays point promotion required cancelling and rebooking to get the lower rate, could not be modified. I tried calling when I couldn't do it online, rep said I had to cancel and rebook also. I had recently put early bird on my return flight because I had a free one to burn so I only cancelled and rebooked the way there for lower points. Would have lost the early bird if I cancelled that leg too

Last edited:
People always post about booking two one-ways with SW rather than round-trip. Is this an old hold over from when the system was less advanced? SW will allow you to change either the arrival or the departure if the fare changes, correct? You aren't required to change both (I don't think) so please help me understand this tip!
I know I changed only my outbound a couple times in the lead up to my August trip, so it's definitely possible. Return flight never did go down...

I think I saw someone else saying that, if you book round trip on points, you have to call to change instead of doing it online. I had CPs associated with my reservation by the time I was changing, so I was always going to have to call.

What about a base layer and then remove your zip hoodie if needed? I absolutely love the 32degrees stuff at Costco. I have the top and bottom base layers and it's the only way I can survive some of these cold softball tournaments. I'm always freezing, I wish I had had this when my oldest was ice skating. I know once I managed to remove the top in the car (it's quite stretchy) because the sun came out and it got pretty warm.

https://www.costco.com/32-degrees-ladies'-heat-tee,-2-pack.product.100505976.html

I get hot easy and cold easy, it can be a pain :rotfl: but when a tshirt, fitted fleece zip and a zip hoodie aren't enough I don't know if this and one layer would work. Even when I run outside and it's cold I don't wear long sleeves under my fleece, it's too much. I also think once we have enough people so we can play games and I'm sweeping more than I'm standing around I may not need the extra outer layer. Or hoping it would be warmer than the fleece then I don't need the first fleece jacket.

We're trying to get enough people to start an official club so for now it's been mostly reaching and throwing with little sweeping. Amd employees keep telling us it'll get colder as it gets colder outside. :cold: (mostly cause I never get to use it and we have had a serious lack of emojis now that they are more hidden on mobile.

I always book one ways. Todays point promotion required cancelling and rebooking to get the lower rate, could not be modified. I tried calling when I couldn't do it online, rep said I had to cancel and rebook also. I had recently put early bird on my return flight because I had a free one to burn so I only cancelled and rebooked the way there for lower points. Would have lost the early bird if I cancelled that leg too
Oooh I just realized I added Early Bird for both directions of this trip.

If I cancel, do I get refunded for the Early Bird or just lose it?

Doesn't matter that you currently have a Citi Bank. The offer is 80K SUB (70K + 10K for employee card) & $95 credit to offset the annual fee. MSR is $2K.
Do you need the employee card? I was just approved and didn’t add one. Everything I’ve seen has only said 80K after $2K spend plus $95 credit.

Popping in again with a question, DH and I both have CSRs. With the higher CSR bonus I was thinking of cancelling mine and then getting it again. Open date on mine was 11/2017 and I would have earned the bonus in probably December of '17 or January '18. With the 48mo rule, I should be in the clear right? Anything else I should be thinking about. If I call and cancel today how long should I wait to reapply? Thanks for any insight!

I need money order help. I deposited $999.08 in money orders at B of A. They were deposited and then B of A adjusted the amount to offset the deposit. They said they can't read the amounts. I was told they can't give me the money orders back and there's a letter coming and they can give me a copy of money orders. How the heck do I get my money back?

You would unfortunately lose it when cancelling….it stays with the original confirmation number and is non refundable
Ah, OK thank you very much. The difference in points is not worth it in this particular case.

For future, can I make a reservation and then add Early Bird much later in case a fare drops again?

Ah, OK thank you very much. The difference in points is not worth it in this particular case.

For future, can I make a reservation and then add Early Bird much later in case a fare drops again?
yes. I keep forgetting lately and booking r/t this thread is reminding not to do that in future....

Has anyone used the Amex offer for Hbomax from last week? I have tried a couple times with both my Platnium and gold and it keeps saying card can’t be used. Like Amex isn’t allowing it. What the heck Amex? I’ve used both cards today other places so they aren’t locked or anything. Don’t really need HBOmax but for $50 off the year it’s nice to see newer movies.

Popping in again with a question, DH and I both have CSRs. With the higher CSR bonus I was thinking of cancelling mine and then getting it again. Open date on mine was 11/2017 and I would have earned the bonus in probably December of '17 or January '18. With the 48mo rule, I should be in the clear right? Anything else I should be thinking about. If I call and cancel today how long should I wait to reapply? Thanks for any insight!
If you cancel the card you have to wait 30 days to apply for the same card. It is best to downgrade the card to a Freedom, there are 3 different freedom cards, then you'll only need to wait 4 days to apply for the CSR.

I just got an offer on an Amex Biz Gold for 110,000 points. I was trying to decide my next card and was looking on DOC. He had a link for a 90,000 gold biz plus 10k when adding an employee, I went to the link in incognito and logged in to Amex. I didn't think I would even get that offer, but was just looking at my options, then it popped up with the 70,000 crossed out and 110,000 showing (for 10K spend). I really hadn't planned on applying for a card today, but I jumped on it and was approved. That is a high offer right? Problem is I did "print screen" to take a screen shot of the offer, but hadn't pasted it somewhere, then when I was approved I did "print screen" again, so lost the first one. How can I check that the 110,000 offer is attached? Thanks.
There are 190k Biz Gold offers floating out there (180k for 20k spend + 10k for 1k AU spend). You can use the chat feature to confirm the bonus.

If you cancel you’d have to wait 30 days to apply for a new CSR…if you call and product change to one of the freedom cards you can apply after 4 days

For those that have QuikTrip, I just found a spend $10, get $5 offer on DH's Hilton Amex. Wasn't on mine though :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter