I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this same offer via email for my IHG Premier card.

ETA: Just re-checked all our Chase cards again (since yesterday), and these flash deals were on two of them now - IHG Premier and CIU.
Ooooh!!! Thanks for the mention of the CIU. I didn’t bother to re-check my biz cards, but just did and got them on my SW Biz card ❤️

For those that have been to Paris recently, how widely accepted is Amex at restaurants? Still working on DH's Amex Gold MSR and hoping to put the rest of the spend during our Paris trip.
I assume Amex is accepted at DLP?

Have lots of MSRs that we are working on:
My Amex Gold $500
DH's Amex Gold $1,000
DH's CIC $4,000
Plus going to have DH apply for Barclays AA Biz card ($2,000 MSR) since we won't be able to use the CIC in Paris.
I didn't use my AmEx because of the foreign transaction fees.

For those that have been to Paris recently, how widely accepted is Amex at restaurants? Still working on DH's Amex Gold MSR and hoping to put the rest of the spend during our Paris trip.

My Amex Gold $500
DH's Amex Gold $1,000
DH's CIC $4,000
Plus going to have DH apply for Barclays AA Biz card ($2,000 MSR) since we won't be able to use the CIC in Paris.
I think I used mine some. The only thing I remember is needing to use a visa at a shop and having to pay a ftf because I either didn't think when picking cards or thought it had it and so used the wrong card. Shouldn't be a problem at Disney.

My DH got it on his Hyatt. Mine still shows old offer. Interestingly, his Hyatt had nothing from the last period.
I'll check again in a few days in my Hyatt. I have a new CIC on the way (lamenting the fact I didn't SM to expedite as it's been 10 days) but I can definitely use one card for gas. I only drive to work 3 days a week but with playing chauffeur I spend probably $120-150 a month in gas. 😢

For the flash deals, I'm not sure what GCs I'll buy. No Disney trips planned so I'll probably get restaurants or something 🤔

I’m hoping it isn’t bad but I feel like they might be down playing it some. I don’t know how it can go from a cat 5 to a tropical storm by the time it hits us. I’m thinking it might be more like a cat 1. Where are you at?
Orlando 🤞

I wish Hyatt gave me a bonus never got one for the Amazon one also.
I got one on my Hyatt also, but it's 5000 points for $3000 spend. Won't work as I get a better deal by buying gift cards and getting 5UR's per $1 using my CIC, then transferring to Hyatt.

We are 0/14 on Chase cards and nothing extra in our Disney card :(

I just used my PYB on my CSR. I realize it ends tomorrow. Any rumors they will extend it for dining? I feel like we using know a little in advance, or do we just wait and see tomorrow?

I am really hoping to use it to pay for some dining on our Disney trip in Nov.

My Amex Gold $500
DH's Amex Gold $1,000
DH's CIC $4,000

We were just in Paris two weeks ago. We could use our Amex cards at Disneyland, other places it was hit or miss. I know we did use it at at least one restaurant for dinner, but we had also taken out some cash that we used for smaller purchases in cafes, etc. I don't think we were able to use Amex at all in Amsterdam. I used my CSP as a backup anywhere we couldn't use Amex.

I just used my PYB on my CSR. I realize it ends tomorrow. Any rumors they will extend it for dining? I feel like we using know a little in advance, or do we just wait and see tomorrow?

Doctor of Credit is reporting the PYB categories have been extended until 12/31/22…I don’t see this yet on my CSR though

I think I used mine some. The only thing I remember is needing to use a visa at a shop and having to pay a ftf because I either didn't think when picking cards or thought it had it and so used the wrong card. Shouldn't be a problem at Disney.
We were just in Paris two weeks ago. We could use our Amex cards at Disneyland, other places it was hit or miss. I know we did use it at at least one restaurant for dinner, but we had also taken out some cash that we used for smaller purchases in cafes, etc. I don't think we were able to use Amex at all in Amsterdam. I used my CSP as a backup anywhere we couldn't use Amex.
Thanks, we'll focus on using our Amex at Disney then try to use while in Paris.
Hopefully DH gets approved for the AA card, that's a MC with no FTF so that will be option #2.
If Amex and MC aren't accepted we'll move to our CSR, then finally cash.

Doctor of Credit is reporting the PYB categories have been extended until 12/31/22…I don’t see this yet on my CSR though

The PYB page has the 9/30 date, but the main UR page has the 12/31 date. Scroll down the page a little and you should see it.

I used a shop Disney offer I had on a freedom card - 10% off up to $5. I received the $5 credit 2 days ago, but the offer still shows under Added, not Redeemed (there’s one from April under redeemed). It says 2 days left - will it work if I buy another Disney gift card?

I will be booking our flights to Alaska for our 2023 cruise and I need some advice/info from members familiar with ORD. I am trying to decide between 2 United flights which both have layovers at ORD. One has a 2 hour 9 mins layover and the other is 4 hours 18 mins. The flight with the shorter layover leaves DCA at 12:45pm so we might need to get something to eat while we are at ORD. In a perfect world if we do not have any delays with our flight to ORD would 2 hours be enough time to get something to eat and get to our new gate? The other flight goes out of BWI and would not be as convenient as DCA but we could make it work. It would be easier to decide If both flights went out of the same airport. Thanks for any info.

I got Flash Deals on 2 cards in the last couple of hours! I checked very early this morning and nothing there.

On Marriott Biz card I got 6 days for 20% off at Best Buy, CVS, Home Depot, Dollar Tree, MacDonalds, Shell, Jimmy Johns, Macy's online.

On IHG ($49 card) I got 10 days to spend at Best Buy, Home Depot, Shell, MacD's, Jimmy John's, Dollar store, also 20%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter