• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the preapproval tool this morning. Nothing for me. (I have the old Venture card) Lame for DH (He has the VentureX). We have checking and savings too.

Trying to come up with a new card. I goofed up my DH yesterday. Applied for a CIC and they want business verification. Jumped the gun and applied for a United Explorer (through a link on Dischurners) and that might be 7-10 days.
I want to keep myself clean for a SW later this year but I might go for something. Early planning for Scotland next fall. Thinking we'll be on United but I'm not a fan of their points charts. Maybe I need another CIC or CIU.

I'm over 48 mos on my CSR but I'm afraid of getting denied and losing my CSR!
If you have a freedom you could just upgrade that to the CSR, which you should be playing the upgrade/downgrade game if you can.

I used the preapproval tool this morning. Nothing for me. (I have the old Venture card) Lame for DH (He has the VentureX). We have checking and savings too.

Trying to come up with a new card. I goofed up my DH yesterday. Applied for a CIC and they want business verification. Jumped the gun and applied for a United Explorer (through a link on Dischurners) and that might be 7-10 days.
I want to keep myself clean for a SW later this year but I might go for something. Early planning for Scotland next fall. Thinking we'll be on United but I'm not a fan of their points charts. Maybe I need another CIC or CIU.

I'm over 48 mos on my CSR but I'm afraid of getting denied and losing my CSR!
So I just used the preapproval tool and while I had a few cards there, the offer on the Venture is 100k miles for $10k in 6 months which is too much for me. I'd rather have the public offer of $4k in 3 months for 75k miles. I think I'm going with spending on my current cards for a month or 2. I have offers for increased spend on a couple cards so I'll maximize those.

So I just used the preapproval tool and while I had a few cards there, the offer on the Venture is 100k miles for $10k in 6 months which is too much for me. I'd rather have the public offer of $4k in 3 months for 75k miles. I think I'm going with spending on my current cards for a month or 2. I have offers for increased spend on a couple cards so I'll maximize those.
That was the regular Venture offer? Wow, mine was the 75k

Chatted with amex. Retention on my gold, 20k for 2k spend. Took it. Got one july last year.

Af hasn't hit yet like I thought it would so I may be able to try again next year before I'd have to cancel.

This is great too since Fred's finally codes as grocery.

Hyatt won't extend. They might give 10k points after expiration (helps if you're Globalist), but it seems more people being told no recently.

@StephPlum I tried to extend a Hyatt FNC last year. Was told no before it expired. Then learned about the possible 10K after expiry online, so I let it expire - wasn't able to use it anyway. I had 9 qualifying nights and was then told when I called that I had to have '10' qualifying nights to be considered for the possible 10K. You can 'gift' these nights. I would call and ask about the 10K if you have the 10 nights and try to verify if you qualify for the 10K. You might not get a straight answer from them. Good luck.

I am globalist but don’t have 10 nights. I have 3. I guess I’ll wait until it expires and see if my sob story of a fracture sways them :P
Hyatt wouldn't extend mine but let me gift it to my sister.
I don’t have anyone to gift it to. I hate to see it go to waste.

all of this is why I don’t try To talk about my redemptions. I use my FNCs around my travel and don’t try to plan travel around my FNCs to maximize their redemption. As long as a room is less than the AF, I use the FNC even if it isn’t maximizing the value ( ie on IHG sometimes the room is less than 40k points). For me that is better than having these expire unused.

As for Hyatt, it just doesn’t play nice with my travel locations. I’m going to drop the card once the AF hits.

That was the regular Venture offer? Wow, mine was the 75k
Yes the $95 AF one
New Hyatt biz SUB - double elite nights for stays from today until end of the year. Plus a SUB of 60k for $5000 spend.

Would be good for someone with a lot of stays coming up to get to Globalist. Too bad DH already has the card.
Now I’d be in if it GAVE me Globalist because I have award stays coming up.

Hi all, I am thinking on applying for a southwest card personal and/or business soon. Can I apply for both? My goal is to fly 4 of us from MHT to MCO as cheaply as possible.
I have been out of the cc churning game for a while so I am not sure if there is a better card to apply for.

I am 0/30 and 0/24 and my current cards are:

CO Quicksilver - my oldest card
CFU - 2018
CSR - got my bonus on Jul 2018
CSP - got my bonus on Aug 2018
BBP - 2019

Thank you!

Hi all, I am thinking on applying for a southwest card personal and/or business soon. Can I apply for both? My goal is to fly 4 of us from MHT to MCO as cheaply as possible.
I have been out of the cc churning game for a while so I am not sure if there is a better card to apply for.

I am 0/30 and 0/24 and my current cards are:

CO Quicksilver - my oldest card
CFU - 2018
CSR - got my bonus on Jul 2018
CSP - got my bonus on Aug 2018
BBP - 2019

Thank you!
When are you flying to MCO? If you can wait until January to book your flights you should wait until October to apply for 2 SW cards. Why? because if you earn 125K points in one year you earn the companion pass for that year plus the following year. You can apply for the cards in October but you can't meet the minimum spending requirement until January.

What's a companion pass? Companion Pass (CP) holders get buy one, get one free (not including taxes and fees) on all Southwest Airlines ticket purchases for the year in which you earn the pass and the following calendar year. This pass can be used on purchased tickets and award seats (virtually doubling your airline miles). You can only select one companion; however, you can change that person three times per calendar year.

Here is a good explanation on how to earn the companion pass with 2 cards.

If you can't wait until January, then you can still earn the companion pass which would be good until 12/31/2023. The best way to earn it now is to apply for the Business Performance credit card, 80,000 miles with $5,000 MSR + a personal card 50,000 miles with $1,000 MSR.
For $6,000 MSR + $270 annual fees you'll earn 136,000 miles and the companion pass until 12/23.

There are support links available in our Reddit group.

When are you flying to MCO? If you can wait until January to book your flights you should wait until October to apply for 2 SW cards. Why? because if you earn 125K points in one year you earn the companion pass for that year plus the following year. You can apply for the cards in October but you can't meet the minimum spending requirement until January.

What's a companion pass? Companion Pass (CP) holders get buy one, get one free (not including taxes and fees) on all Southwest Airlines ticket purchases for the year in which you earn the pass and the following calendar year. This pass can be used on purchased tickets and award seats (virtually doubling your airline miles). You can only select one companion; however, you can change that person three times per calendar year.

Here is a good explanation on how to earn the companion pass with 2 cards.

If you can't wait until January, then you can still earn the companion pass which would be good until 12/31/2023. The best way to earn it now is to apply for the Business Performance credit card, 80,000 miles with $5,000 MSR + a personal card 50,000 miles with $1,000 MSR.
For $6,000 MSR + $270 annual fees you'll earn 136,000 miles and the companion pass until 12/23.

There are support links available in our Reddit group.
Great point about the CP, P2 did that back in 2019 but I had totally forgotten about it!
Yes - I will be using support links when I apply.
We are flying on April so I am concerned that the flights I want (direct) would no longer be available in January since booking should be opening soon.
Maybe I will just focus on collecting URs for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter