I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate how AirBNB will sort by the per night price, but the fees are different for all of the properties, so it's not at all an apples to apples comparison!

Info you didn't solicit, but thought I'd share for others considering an AirBNB: If you do go the AirBNB route, don't forget to go through the BA site to get Avios. And you could consider buying discounted GCs for AirBNB, but caution that you have to have to use these on the original payment. You can't pay the first 50% and then later use a GC.
Another suggestion for AirBNB/VRBO properties - if the property has a “name” (like Sunshine Palace for a beach house or something like that), Google the name. You can often find a direct booking through a management or rental company that’s considerably cheaper than booking through AirBNB or VRBO.

Also, I am moving to St. Louis in August so if there any locals here I would appreciate tips for that as well!
I only visit Fam out there but Pappy's bbq if you eat that sort of thing.....
Can anyone give me a quick rundown of MCI airport? I've got a quick business trip there this weekend and it looks like I'm going to have at least three hours sitting at the airport for my SW flight. Most specifically looking for food recommendations.

Not a local but I can give you a few food places to check out. Pappy's Smokehouse, The Gramophone, and The Bridge Tap House and Wine Bar.

When you get a chance for some fun, the City Museum is a must do. Be sure you dress to play like a little kid.
It's small,and old. Two different terminals, so there's a shuttle between them.

Strange.... I used my FU for some purchases at an amusement park last week, one was for ice cream,and instead of 1.5x I got 3x points for that? How?

I wasn't gonna do an MDD on the sapphires because it seemed like too much, but it's actually a lot less than the 2 SW cards I have been working on since November. Am I able to go for an MDD? I am 4/24 with one dropping off on the 10th of this month. My last two cards were the SW MDD at the end of November. I have PCd my CSR to a CFU and reduced my credit limits. Waiting until Tuesday to use DH's support link on the CSP, then possibly the CSR the next day if I can.

I feel like I've spent the last 10 days furiously making travel plans / then changing them / then changing again. But it seems at this point I have my travel for my surprise cruise in 10 days finally sorted for good AND I got my flights fixed for Barcelona, Spain instead of Athens, Greece due to the cruise switch/cancellation/chaos.

For the surprise Virgin Voyage this month - I had originally booked SW flights on points back from Miami but the flight was long with a connection and we would be getting home so late... so I bit the bullet and used some precious UR points and booked a much earlier nonstop on American. I'm confident that was the right decision as we continue to see so much air travel chaos. I'll probably use those reallocated SW points to fly to Vegas to see Aerosmith in December.

Amazingly I was able to keep really solid flights for our Europe trip in October too. I booked flights on points with Skypesos as soon as they opened to Athens. I had flights that only stopped in Athens with good departure and arrival times. I assumed I'd be in stop over hell with having to switch but I was able to get the same 1 stop only route to Barcelona. The painful part is that we are really starting the trip in Madrid for a few days so I have to jump there - but just a few Avios and those flights are booked too.

I am thankful for points (and my vacation fund) for being able to be flexible - when things are just nutty in the world right now.

Retention offer on my Amex Gold - 20K for $2K in 3 months. Accepted it. Will probably add an AU to make the spend for an additional 10K. As long as I use the Grubhub and Uber Eats credits monthly and put a few dining out purchases then the AF breaks even so I would've kept it anyway.

I've gotten snail mail offers to enroll in POT for 20K for both my Plat and Gold, but cannot seem to activate them via the three ways listed (website, QR code, call-in). Eventually Amex had to open a case, so maybe I'll get those points? It's so strange that they cannot find the offer on their back end, but I have the physical letter in hand.

Retention offer on my Amex Gold - 20K for $2K in 3 months. Accepted it. Will probably add an AU to make the spend for an additional 10K. As long as I use the Grubhub and Uber Eats credits monthly and put a few dining out purchases then the AF breaks even so I would've kept it anyway.

I've gotten snail mail offers to enroll in POT for 20K for both my Plat and Gold, but cannot seem to activate them via the three ways listed (website, QR code, call-in). Eventually Amex had to open a case, so maybe I'll get those points? It's so strange that they cannot find the offer on their back end, but I have the physical letter in hand.
Did you ask for an offer or did they give it to you when you tried to cancel? Did you call or message?

I wasn't gonna do an MDD on the sapphires because it seemed like too much, but it's actually a lot less than the 2 SW cards I have been working on since November. Am I able to go for an MDD? I am 4/24 with one dropping off on the 10th of this month. My last two cards were the SW MDD at the end of November. I have PCd my CSR to a CFU and reduced my credit limits. Waiting until Tuesday to use DH's support link on the CSP, then possibly the CSR the next day if I can.
You can try for the MDD..I’m assuming it’s been 48 months since your last sapphire bonus…

Edit: For those interested, the 5% on Freedom cards is listing Costco, Sam's and BJ's as examples of eligible gas stations this quarter.
Shockingly, WDW and DLR are included in Entertainment.
Disappointingly, I was at DLR last month with no plans to return.

ETA Of course, gas won't work at Costco with the CFF since it's MC and they only take Visa.

Last edited:
2 questions…
If I book Hyatt stay on points, do I pay for parking?
Can I move UR’s from my CIU to DH CSP, then move to my CSR? Or is there a way I can connect my CIU to one of my cards? Somehow his card is already connected to my biz card account when I click on transfer

Strange.... I used my FU for some purchases at an amusement park last week, one was for ice cream,and instead of 1.5x I got 3x points for that? How?
i think some places are clarifying their merchant code and chase/citi/amex is not coding things correctly. 85C bakery for example, has always earned me 3x with citi premier but i just went into one recently and it only gave me 1x. its possible the ice cream place might be coding as something else now and not under a dining category
2 questions…
Can I move UR’s from my CIU to DH CSP, then move to my CSR? Or is there a way I can connect my CIU to one of my cards? Somehow his card is already connected to my biz card account when I click on transfer
you pay for parking if your not a globalist.
yes, u can move your UR points from CIU to your CSR. i move my points all in the UR portal link.

2 questions…

Globalist members get free parking on free night award stays.

You should be able to move your CIU points to your CSR directly. If you have separate business and personal log ins, you can have them merged.

I am interested in possibly doing an MDD. If you're willing, i would love to hear exactly how you accomplish this. :) Please post your experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter