I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone filed for trip delay insurance? We had a >6 hour delay recently and I'm trying to file (used Cap 1 Venture X card). They are asking for a carrier statement on the reason for delay. We were just told at the time the pilot called in sick last minute and they had to find another one, but how do I get an official statement? I'm hoping to not jump through hoops to try to get this. It wasn't a lot of money, but I'm hoping to get reimbursed for our meals during the delay.
For SW, I had to call customer relations and they provided me with the necessary info. Submitted claim (CSR) and had my payment without two weeks.

I caved and bought the cruise protection from Virgin for our Greece trip. The quotes for insurance from outside providers seems absolutely insane expensive and I wouldn't say it was "cheap" from Virgin either.

Aerosmith announced new Las Vegas residency dates today, so we might go in December. Still thinking that one over.

Also on the Credit Cards subreddit (not churning) there is a thread about credit union cards. Might be useful for some.

I caved and bought the cruise protection from Virgin for our Greece trip. The quotes for insurance from outside providers seems absolutely insane expensive and I wouldn't say it was "cheap" from Virgin either.

Aerosmith announced new Las Vegas residency dates today, so we might go in December. Still thinking that one over.

Also on the Credit Cards subreddit (not churning) there is a thread about credit union cards. Might be useful for some.
I’m about to buy my cruise insurance. Between the war and covid I’m buying a policy with generous coverage.

I’m about to buy my cruise insurance. Between the war and covid I’m buying a policy with generous coverage.
I won't be making any more payments until the final due date, which is mid June. If there's a shooting war in Europe with NATO countries involved all bets are off and we won't be going to Greece. I booked the cruise so long ago, it is covered under special COVID terms from the line. Our flights are booked on points, so no worry there. I am booked cash + points at Hyatt, but I am going to switch to all points for that too to lower my cash exposure. I have to say, traveling and trip planning does feel like a hassle these days. #firstworldproblems

Has anyone filed for trip delay insurance? We had a >6 hour delay recently and I'm trying to file (used Cap 1 Venture X card). They are asking for a carrier statement on the reason for delay. We were just told at the time the pilot called in sick last minute and they had to find another one, but how do I get an official statement? I'm hoping to not jump through hoops to try to get this. It wasn't a lot of money, but I'm hoping to get reimbursed for our meals during the delay.
yeah, I'm dealing with it now from my trip back to Hawaii. I've done this 2 times before in 10 years. I linked you delta below hopefully you see this and don't have to wait on hold, they usually take about 72 hours to get back to you.
the flight was 2 hours late coming in and 3 hours late leaving had to stay at lax for a 12 hour delay.

Sorry for all the questions lately. I really appreciate all the information.

Today I got an email about the Delta Skymiles reserve (100K points). I do have a delta flight at the end of April from SLC and I'd love to check out the lounge. But I just got a business card 2/15. The offer expires 4/13. Is 2 months too soon for another card?

Found a nice Amex offer for JetBlue on several of my cards this morning - Spend $200 get $80 back. Expires in July sometime.

Not sure that I have seen an Amex offer for JetBlue before - certainly not since JetBlue moved their credit card offerings from Amex to Barclays.

Found a nice Amex offer for JetBlue on several of my cards this morning - Spend $200 get $80 back. Expires in July sometime.

Not sure that I have seen an Amex offer for JetBlue before - certainly not since JetBlue moved their credit card offerings from Amex to Barclays.
Was just coming here to say the same thing:)

Today I got an email about the Delta Skymiles reserve (100K points). I do have a delta flight at the end of April from SLC and I'd love to check out the lounge. But I just got a business card 2/15. The offer expires 4/13. Is 2 months too soon for another card?

Biz card from which bank? Chase or someone other than amex? Amex doesn't know about it, go for it. Amex, maybe but what's your velocity been before this biz card?

The one time I let DH book our hotel in Spain for 9/8, we got there and they couldn't find any reservation for us. Turns out he got the day/month reversed and the ressie was for 8/9. Lost the 1 night non-refundable charge and had to pay for a new room. I book all our vacations now.
This is why DH doesn't plan anything. 🙄
Kudos to all you who have been traveling internationally lately. Our upcoming trip is freaking me out. I'm pretty sure I stressed myself into a migraine on Tuesday (12+ hours of headache, nausea and vomiting)

Wow, I've never seen a reserve offer anywhere near 100k. What is the spend on that?

Guess I should have just googled, found the offer myself LOL

Last edited:
Wow, I've never seen a reserve offer anywhere near 100k. What is the spend on that?

Guess I should have just googled, found the offer myself LOL

It's a tempting offer... only a 5k spend in 3 months... But man I hate that annual fee. It is tempting tho...

It's a tempting offer... only a 5k spend in 3 months... But man I hate that annual fee. It is tempting tho...
I hate that fee too. But I really love Delta miles. And the spend isn't awful. But the fee...I am always in pop up jail, so I'm sure I couldn't get it anyway. Part of me says try it just to see if I can break out of pop up jail.

I hate that fee too. But I really love Delta miles. And the spend isn't awful. But the fee...I am always in pop up jail, so I'm sure I couldn't get it anyway. Part of me says try it just to see if I can break out of pop up jail.

The Biz version is offering 110k miles for 6k spend. Same fee.

Just FYI in case you didn't see that one. The Plat is offering 90k miles for 3k spend. $250 fee.

Amex doesn't really care how fast you get their cards as long as you're within their rules. For credit cards, that's 1 in 5 days and 2 in rolling 90 days period. This doesn't apply to charge cards (the Delta cards are credit cards).

The Biz version is offering 110k miles for 6k spend. Same fee.

Just FYI in case you didn't see that one. The Plat is offering 90k miles for 3k spend. $250 fee.
I already have a Delta Plat, for at least 3 times LOL.

OK, while I think, what are the limits for credit vs charge cards on Amex? Delta is credit right, and the Biz Green is also? Heck, I don't even know how many Amex I have right now, not as many as I think probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter