I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick help needed:
My parents are currently flying back from a Caribbean trip. Their flight had a two hour layover in MCO, but their first leg has been delayed, and they’re being told they won’t make flight 2, which is the last flight of the night.

This was booked on their CSR. If they end up having to stay the night in a hotel, will the trip delay cover it?

Appreciate any help/insight. I’m helping friends move today and just don’t have the capacity to juggle this!

Quick help needed:
My parents are currently flying back from a Caribbean trip. Their flight had a two hour layover in MCO, but their first leg has been delayed, and they’re being told they won’t make flight 2, which is the last flight of the night.

This was booked on their CSR. If they end up having to stay the night in a hotel, will the trip delay cover it?

Appreciate any help/insight. I’m helping friends move today and just don’t have the capacity to juggle this!

As long as the delay was weather. Which I think is the case all up and down the east coast today. My sister's flight from MCO to EWR was delayed almost 2 hours today. They might get lucky and the second leg might be delayed too!

Just bought two $50 gift cards at Saks using my Platinum cards. Really wanted to buy a Mackenzie Childs bowl with them but it isn't on the website anymore:(

And it's snowing here. Cannot wait to get to Naples a week from today. First real vacation since June and can't wait to see dd (it's been 9 weeks--never gone that long without seeing her).

I got my gc at the saks in phx yesterday. The store is the size of a postage stamp so any hope I had of actually shopping was gone. No Lilly. None of the lesser designer handbags. And the 2 off 5th I've been to have also been blah.

Whataburger for lunch and not at all impressed. Next is some "ice cream" at culver 😀

I got my gc at the saks in phx yesterday. The store is the size of a postage stamp so any hope I had of actually shopping was gone. No Lilly. None of the lesser designer handbags. And the 2 off 5th I've been to have also been blah.

Whataburger for lunch and not at all impressed. Next is some "ice cream" at culver 😀
I'm hitting Culver's next week! DD needs Chick Fil A because she can only Uber Eats it and it's not warm by the time it gets to her. She needs Chipotle too!

And ours used to have a nice home section with Mackenzie Childs and all I saw was fancy women's clothes. I didn't see any Lilly but maybe I missed it.

Quick help needed:

I think they’ll be covered. Save all receipts.(food, etc). They will need proof of delay from the first leg of the trip.

So I'm trying to do my taxes and I'm so over it. I've been transfered to Tier 2 support at H&R Block because I've put in my K1 information but my guaranteed payment (which is essentially my salary plus money to cover my self employment taxes) isn't showing up as income. And I have to figure out how to pay taxes on the gains from converting a small trust my daughter had to a 529 so she doesn't have to file. I did handle my Paypal 1099K and my goal is not to get one next year.

Last edited:

Enjoy Culvers! We weren’t impressed with Whataburger either!

WWYD?
P1
11/20 CSP
4/20 CIU
10/21 AE Bonvoy Biz
11/21 SW personal
12/1/21 AE Plat

P2
11/20 CSP (auth user)
7/21 CSP

P1 is obviously open to biz cards. P2 not open for biz. We have about $2500/month in spend with some extra big spend of about $3000 insurance & possibly property taxes (currently paid thru escrow trying to switch over to paying ourselves). Not interested in MS.

Upcoming Travel We Need Points For:
-4 RT to Kauai in December/January (Southwest is probably our best option, they have many options and best flight times; we are open to any SW served N California airport), guessing will be around 30k RR / RT
-Airbnb spend around $1000 this summer
-Possible Alaska Cruise summer 2023
-Late 2023 Disney vacation (4 RT from N California, 5-7 nights deluxe on site, 5 day Dis tix, 2 nights UO hotel & tix)

Current points:
UR's = 0 (just booked some big point Hyatt stays)
MR's = 225k (still have about 5k of 15x spend for small biz and restaurants)
Southwest 108k (105k earned in 2022)

For sanity's sake I prefer to work on one MSR at a time because I am also working on maximizing 15x AE categories until June1. Currently considering:
Capital One Venture X for Airbnb credit and 100k sign up bonus for p2;
Southwest Biz Card to get more RR's and a companion pass for p1;
P1 refer p2 for SW card for 2nd companion pass as 30k RR sign up bonus & 20k referral bonus;
or CIC to get more UR's (kind of freaking out being at zero)...

I am not sure how long it will be before I will be able to book my December to January SW tickets and there is a slight chance I will be able to get all 4 for around my current number of RR's. If we did the refer p2 route we would only likely use p2 companion pass 1x before February 2023.

So all that to say what would you do? I think I am leaning slightly towards the Venture X, but do you all see any other possibilities that would be better? TIA! (edited for typo)

If I booked a hotel room through VRBO, does anyone know if this would trigger the $200 Venture X vacation rentals credit?

I'm debating using my FNC for Spring Break in Chicago to give my kids SOMETHING. I have four 50k FNC and 1 35k FNC to use. The 50K expire now in June. Not sure if I'd be able to get them to extend. I saw they are dying the river this weekend. DD's bday is 3/17 and we've wanted to go for the river dying. But it's going to be a "balmy" 25 there tomorrow. So gonna pass on that, LOL.

Try not to delay using the FNCs too long if you want to maximize value. It seems that the hotels are going up in points around mid-May. The Hotel Chicago Autograph jumps from 35k to 40k in late May. If I had 50k FNCs I would've stayed at the Gwen which gets a lot of love on FT. Alas this is a trip strictly to burn certificates so the Hotel Chicago is just fine with me. I love the location across from River Walk and it's a stone's throw from the blue line and Michigan Ave.

I'm looking at vrbo and airbnb. vrbo fees were crazy high. venture x also offers 5% back on vrbo. I'm waiting for physical card to book either to get $200
It does look like the rooms are more pricey through VRBO than booking through the hotel chain directly (or another portal like Hotels.com). Was considering only if I could apply the $200 credit towards the stay. We may just hold onto it for now, though, I'm sure we'll have another occasion to use a vacation rental in the next year :-)

Do you guys not have Culvers nearby?

I remember when Culver's was just 4~6 locations, They used to put all the locations on their tray paper, each time we went it seemed like they added another location, several years later the paper was getting pretty full. Eventually they started moving outside of WI to IL and MN then all of the sudden jumped to TX. Now I wish Portillo's would speed up their growth!

I remember when Culver's was just 4~6 locations, They used to put all the locations on their tray paper, each time we went it seemed like they added another location, several years later the paper was getting pretty full. Eventually they started moving outside of WI to IL and MN then all of the sudden jumped to TX. Now I wish Portillo's would speed up their growth!
Just had Portillo’s for lunch. I have 6 Culvers I can get to in less than 15 minutes and 2 within 5 miles either direction from my house. And I don’t even live in the city 😜

Took a little drive this morning to a Marriott about 20 mins from the house to purchase some GCs (my usual Courtyard didn't have any -- I always call before I leave). Was able to use 2 AmEx promos (on my Cdn AmEx Aeroplan card, spend $800 at any hotel save $100 -- I will combine this with my stay to see dd in early April and spend $250 save $50 on my US plat). I will be using my accumulating Marriott GCs at the RC Maldives in September to cover my food and boat transfer (so hopefully very little OOP while I'm there).
So that promo works for Marriott GCs? Have you used it before? I always want to but afraid I won't
get the credit back.

Quick help needed:

Yes it will be covered. IF they are the ones who own the card.
They need to call customer service for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter