I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up for Budget's fastbreak. How do I get my costco reservation to show under my login on budget? I can view it by inputting the number but it's not attached to my login. When I view the res it doesn't have my email address and I don't know if that's part of it, I hate to add it and modify the reservation and accidentally lose the price. I found a rate under $400 and must have gotten lucky because in the 2-3 weeks since I booked it it's never been lower than 450.

I signed up for Budget's fastbreak. How do I get my costco reservation to show under my login on budget? I can view it by inputting the number but it's not attached to my login. When I view the res it doesn't have my email address and I don't know if that's part of it, I hate to add it and modify the reservation and accidentally lose the price. I found a rate under $400 and must have gotten lucky because in the 2-3 weeks since I booked it it's never been lower than 450.
I was told by Budget, that you are unable to add your number to a third party booking. The only one I have any luck doing that with is Avis, as Costco lets you enter it at the time of reservation.

It's a nice offer for an upgrade. But not as good as applying for a new card. If you take the upgrade, it'll lock you out of getting the sign-up bonus on the plat in the future. If it was me, I would apply for a new card and then take the upgrade offer (end up with 2 plats).

On a new plat, there is an offer for 125k with 10x restaurants. I believe there's a targeted 150k offer out there too.

The airline incidentals credit is calendar year, so you can use it twice on one annual fee. There are loopholes for some airlines, you can check Flyertalk for the most current data points. For Uber, I use it for UberEats pick-up. Items might be $1-2 more than ordering direct, but no delivery fee. The hotel credit is calendar year as well. Best use is when you can find a Fine Hotels and Resorts property as close to $200 as possible as that only requires a one night stay. Or if it's a place you were going to pay cash to stay anyways. Portofino at Universal is FHR. Swan and Dolphin is Hotel Collection (requires 2 night stay).
If you can get a higher offer I would app for the card. The only way I'd upgrade is if you are 4/24 for a long time and you can max the 5x categories but then that's a lot of extra spend on the card that could go to another sub.

Thanks for the responses. I’m going to pass on the upgrade and see if I can pull a higher offer. I may see what I can pull for the Gold as well.

I've done it with Costco but added to FB number at the time of booking.

No surprise. Marriott's new dynamic pricing starts 3/29 and FNC top-off starts in late April, up to 15K points.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/marri...om&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=MilesFeed.com

Yup. It may well make my 50k FN certs all but useless with these changes. I am so glad I booked the Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa when I did. That one is going up 20k per night, so I saved myself 80k points. I would still blow 120k per night for the Al Maha but I won't be spending my way to 500k points to do it.

Are there any rumors what happens to PYB with Chase after March? My plan had been to use the card all weekend at Disney and PYB on the dining which would have covered most of our other expenses.
If dining and PYB are the same in April, I might just do the same with our dining in Hawaii. Not sure what to do if it ends in March though.

Yup. It may well make my 50k FN certs all but useless with these changes. I am so glad I booked the Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa when I did. That one is going up 20k per night, so I saved myself 80k points. I would still blow 120k per night for the Al Maha but I won't be spending my way to 500k points to do it.
I imagine it's going to make the 35k FN certificates completely useless. I have 2 of the hotels going up 20k points booked: the Al Maha (like you!) and the Ritz Carlton Maldives. These bookings leave my balance at 785 bonblah points. Guess I'll be hunting for Hilton and Hyatt locations more now.

I did not see swan/dolphin on thie list so does that mean they will stay 40-60k? If yes, then effectively (for me) it’s a short term positive as I would for sure fop off my 35k nights to use at dolphin…

Usually with third party reservations if you don't add it when you book you can't add it. There have been some reports of people that were successful either by calling, or by going into their nearest Budget. I book all of my car rental through Autoslash where I know exactly where the number has to go.

Usually with third party reservations if you don't add it when you book you can't add it. There have been some reports of people that were successful either by calling, or by going into their nearest Budget. I book all of my car rental through Autoslash where I know exactly where the number has to go.

I hadn't signed up for it until after the res. I so seldom get a rental. Not even sure my avis one would still work it's been so long. Last time I rented a car was 2017 when I was visiting friends in Charlotte and same trip to get from bwi to dca for my friend to pick me up. It was cheaper to fly to bwi and rent the car 1 way than it was to fly into dca. And it worked with when she got off work.

Now I really hope I can go this year, not that it won't be around next year too.

I need this!:love:
Southwest cancelled. We were on the 6:40am flight out of Hartford and they were calling for 5-8 inches of snow stating early am. Strange to me to cancel 12 hours before snow is supposed to start but oh well.

I tried to piece together a quick trip in June but not sure when she will have finals or what day graduation will be so June is out.
Thinking maybe Jan. while she is on break🤷‍♀️
I'm so sorry about the trip, that sucks. Can you call the school and find out about graduation and finals? That have to have some idea by now.

I imagine it's going to make the 35k FN certificates completely useless. I have 2 of the hotels going up 20k points booked: the Al Maha (like you!) and the Ritz Carlton Maldives. These bookings leave my balance at 785 bonblah points. Guess I'll be hunting for Hilton and Hyatt locations more now.

For many resorts yes, they will be useless. By some stroke of luck the properties at Marriott Village near WDW seem like they will remain as is. This "may" wind up working out for me to see about playing the upgrade downgrade with the Brilliant card to earn more BonBlah points. Those 35k FN certs are worth the AF to me for when I need to book a last minute trip up to WDW and DVC has no availability.

DH still has his CIP open from '19. Hadn't considered that SUB since they raised the spend, but we have a big backyard project coming up so now it may be back on the table. Do we need to PC it first or should he be OK to just go for it?

DH still has his CIP open from '19. Hadn't considered that SUB since they raised the spend, but we have a big backyard project coming up so now it may be back on the table. Do we need to PC it first or should he be OK to just go for it?
You don’t need to PC it…but I would just to avoid paying 2 annual fees on the same card

WWYD? I'm very very close to hitting the $8k spend on the Surpass FNC ($8k offer). If I'm doing the math right w/ the pending charges, I'm going to over the $8k spend by about $98. But they had said I need everything to post by 2/28. So my question is, so I throw some more spending on the card in hopes the $180 I need to post does by 2/28?

I was thinking of putting $50 on my CFA app. And maybe putting $50-100 towards my cable bill for next month. I'm guessing it's better to be safe than sorry when I'm soooo close.

I also need to come back and share my hotel stay this week. I decided on the Diplomat in Hollywood Beach. I think I was one of the few people there happy with their stay, LOL.

I forgot to add, this was my first time trying to non-rev and use my flight bennies. From DTW to FLL, no issues. And even more awesome the Diplomat allowed me to check in at 11am. The flight back (yesterday) I didn't want the early morning flights (which I know is best when trying to non-rev). So I picked the 6pm. There were TONS of seats open. But apparently not the case when I got to the airport. A lot of people for the 8:30pm flight were trying to switch onto the flight. They weren't letting them at the gate, but I suspect they were letting them earlier in the day. I was the ONLY standby until 5 min before the door closed. They were running the numbers and some girl who walked up got my seat! UGH! I legit only needed ONE NO SHOW! The last minute other non-rev took that seat. GRRRR!

They moved me to the 8:30pm flight. But that was oversold by 4. Luckily for me, the FLL priority pass "lounge" was right at the Spirit gates. So I drowned my sorrows in a chicken sandwich and 2 large glasses of Pinot. I got the PP thanks to the CSR but I also have the 10 passes w/ the Surpass. I believe the Surpass one isn't supposed to work at restaurants, and I'm pretty sure it's the cancelled CSR card I have in the app. But it worked. I got $28 to spend. I started to panic when they started to ask for volunteers and there were others hanging out by the desk w/o seats (and had paid tickets). I started to look up hotels as there were no more flights home. There was nothing showing w/in 40 miles of FLL under $500! Tipsy from the wine, my poor BF had to deal w/ a crying GF on the phone, LOL. Then my gate agent BFF (who I met at the earlier 6pm flight) pulled through and got me on the flight! I was ready to kiss the man! I was never as happy to be in the middle seat on a Spirit flight (he did hook me up w/ exit row, LOL).

The BF told me over and over this is why he hates non-revving. I think any other time I would have been okay missing the last flight of the night as I don't think having every hotel sold out or $500+ is the norm. Also, I got to discover I don't like flying tipsy, LOL.

Add poor and single to the above. I was quite surprised. Granted it was a small portion of those that are members and the number of women did go up this year.

There's no way I could have done this in my 20s or early 30s. I was barely making enough to manage.

I think it might also be the demographic of Reddit. I feel it's more popular w/ the 30 and younger crowd. Also I want to know how all these 30 somethings are single making $180k?!?!?! Who are these people?

We have a one way web special booked on AA points in July on AA that has had two schedule changes so far. What I booked originally was leaving 8:05 am and arriving home at 11:40 am with a connection in DFW. That was changed to an earlier flight out, and now it's completely changed to a new aircraft, flight number, etc to leave at 5:50 am and arrive home at 9:48 am. I would really rather not have such an early flight. Any suggestions or idea if they would move us to a different flight without paying more points?
AA switched my flights last summer to something with like a 7 hour layover (and didn't tell me). They were happy to switch me to a shorter layover when I called. Just don't call during a meltdown, LOL.

I think it might also be the demographic of Reddit. I feel it's more popular w/ the 30 and younger crowd. Also I want to know how all these 30 somethings are single making $180k?!?!?! Who are these people

They aren't all single making that much. Households with P2. There was comments about how hhi went up since the last survey but so did those married.

I think it might also be the demographic of Reddit. I feel it's more popular w/ the 30 and younger crowd. Also I want to know how all these 30 somethings are single making $180k?!?!?! Who are these people?
some of them are probably software engineers in SF and Seattle. DS has a friend at Microsoft making more than that at 28, my DD in SF was close to that at 26. She just cashed in a bunch of her stock options and went to part time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter