I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used Visa Signature Cincierge for something like sporting event tickets? Are you charged the face value or going rate ?

Only the Visa gift cards will work in store at Costco, not the MasterCard. But the Visa gift cards are very easy to use—just press the green button when it asks for a pin and it will process as credit. You might be able to use the MasterCard to purchase a Costco gift card online but I’ve never done that.

Somebody posted on how to use them not too long ago. At the time it sounded like more than I wanted to remember, but later I'll try searching. Also, could have been on gift cards thread.

Select debit and use the PIN. (In store accepts PIN based debit cards from any network)

Worst case, use it online to buy a Costco GC for in-store use since the website accepts MasterCard.

Ahhh, there it is!! Thank you!

I have to go by Costco tomorrow for stuff so I'll run by Staples first and get $200 to experiment with. I like to buy $400-$600 at a time, so when I run out it's too long between the promos just buying Visa. I'm risk averse and always have a little thing in the back of my mind about messing up, and losing $200, which is not a giant leap for me.

Found $150 in Disney gift cards in my bag and a $200 Visa gift card, plus a $50 Happy card with Auto Zone on it. Meanwhile I bought $60 worth of windshield wipers at Auto Zone the week I was in Hilton Head. Had completely wiped my mind clear until I saw the cards. Does anybody else forget $400? I think it's combo of old age and generally being scatter brained at times. Plus the girls were with me. That explains lots.

Last edited:

Only been half paying attention but couldn't auto drain a visa gift card at Costco today. Total was about $35 and my visa gift card had a balance of $20 and it was rejected twice at self check out. Ended up using another visa gift card with a $200 balance.

I just auto drained one on Wed, feb 2. In self checkout which I go through all the time because the employee working it will sometimes scan everything I have in my basket.

I have to go by Costco tomorrow for stuff so I'll run by Staples first and get $200 to experiment with. I like to buy $400-$600 at a time, so when I run out it's too long between the promos just buying Visa. I'm risk averse and always have a little thing in the back of my mind about messing up, and losing $200, which is not a giant leap for me.

Found $150 in Disney gift cards in my bag and a $200 Visa gift card, plus a $50 Happy card with Auto Zone on it. Meanwhile I bought $60 worth of windshield wipers at Auto Zone the week I was in Hilton Head. Had completely wiped my mind clear until I saw the cards. Does anybody else forget $400? I think it's combo of old age and generally being scatter brained at times. Plus the girls were with me. That explains lots.
I definitely ran it as a pin-based transaction and it wouldn't take it. Ran the next card the same way and had no trouble with that one. Don't know why but the one that worked had covered the entire transaction whereas the one that was declined didn't.

I definitely ran it as a pin-based transaction and it wouldn't take it. Ran the next card the same way and had no trouble with that one. Don't know why but the one that worked had covered the entire transaction whereas the one that was declined didn't.

I usually use 'credit' with the Visa's. Credit and hit the green button.

Dh and I just bought the Ticket to Ride junior game and it’s really fun!

We have the regular ticket to ride. One of those games I don’t think would be as interesting with 2 players. But the smaller board of a junior game might make that better. I did see the Europe version, I think, looked smaller and wondered if it would be good for 2 players.

Since we are talking games, anyone have recommendations for good 2 people games now that the kids have left us? I know a lot say you can play with 2 player but it really is not the same. If anyone is looking for a good cooperative game we really enjoy the Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle. We are super competitive so I really didn’t think we would like a cooperative game lol, but I think it was good for us. Family bonding instead of ganging up on each other. Lol
Agreed with @mom2febgirls - we love 7 Wonders Duel.

We also like Dominion as a 2-player (or more) game. It seems intimidating, but it’s really easy and fun, and the format makes it so that every game feels very different.

Dominion is on sale at Target right now! https://www.target.com/p/dominion-2nd-edition-board-game/-/A-15510357

We have the regular ticket to ride. One of those games I don’t think would be as interesting with 2 players. But the smaller board of a junior game might make that better. I did see the Europe version, I think, looked smaller and wondered if it would be good for 2 players.
Whatever you do, don't buy Pan Am!!! After watching a 30-minute video, I still have no clue how to play it (and DD and I play Ticket to Ride all the time). My sister gave it to me after she and her bf couldn't figure it out. I swear we are somewhat intelligent people.

Whatever you do, don't buy Pan Am!!! After watching a 30-minute video, I still have no clue how to play it (and DD and I play Ticket to Ride all the time). My sister gave it to me after she and her bf couldn't figure it out. I swear we are somewhat intelligent people.

See I thought PanAm looked fun! Now I'll know not to get it, I doubt I could get my family to sit long enough to learn how to play it.

I just auto drained one on Wed, feb 2. In self checkout which I go through all the time because the employee working it will sometimes scan everything I have in my basket.
I Am planning on using mine on utilities, is that a possibility if it doesn’t work at Costco? Or load to Amazon. Would hate to lose 200.

But that is the whole reason I go to the self checkout. To avoid people. :PThey usually scan mine as well and then toss my bagels around. I wasn’t too happy with the rough handling last time I did self-checkout.

I Am planning on using mine on utilities, is that a possibility if it doesn’t work at Costco? Or load to Amazon. Would hate to lose 200.

But that is the whole reason I go to the self checkout. To avoid people. :PThey usually scan mine as well and then toss my bagels around. I wasn’t too happy with the rough handling last time I did self-checkout.
Seriously, I too frequent self checkout for this reason. I think the last time I used regular checkout at Costco the cashier dropped my plump rotisserie chicken on the ground. They sent someone to replace it and I got one that was about half the size of the one that fell on the ground:(

The reason I like it is because most trips I'm either buying cat litter, coke zero or 40 pound bird seed bags. Heavy so they always come over to get those. Smaller items do not attract them. And they have to do the bagels - you would think they'd figure a way to allow us to scan our own bagels!

So, once they have to come anyway, have at it do it all and let me pay with gift cards and credit card if necessary.

Not sure about utilities but, I do like getting 7% total on Costco, so I really try to put all on the gift cards. Except appliances or warranty things in general.

Yes one time i was donating a bunch of stuff to goodwill including old purses. Even after going
through them and decided one last time to check them. Found a 500 Disney gift card I had bought
from Ebay at least 6 years ago. The purse had a hidden pocket within a pocket within a pocket. Wooo
I was so glad I caught it. I remember bringing it to WDW to pay hotel bill but DH didn't know and
put balance on his credit card and I never took it back out of purse.

Beware of purses with multitude of hidden pockets.

The junior game is so much fun and so easy. I’m not a big strategy gamer so I usually want something quick and easy to play. Dh and I will play 3-4 games in one sitting.

Thanks again to everyone for the “out-West” recommendations a few weeks ago. We’ve decided we’re going to try to do Sedona > Antelope Canyon > Grand Canyon > Zion.

If you’ve been, how many days do we need in each place? I think Zion is our priority.

Does anyone have recommendations for places to stay in any of those places?

Also, @WVMomof3 - another 2-player game recommendation: Dutch Blitz! We love it. I think you could just play with regular cards if you had multiple decks and looked up the rules online.

Based on your spend, you may find Capital One's Venture X to be worthwhile. 100k C1 points after 10k spend over 6 months. Earns at least 2x points on everything, so you'll earn at least 120k with your MSR between the SUB and your spend. They also tend to be finicky and so you might have better approval odds since you have fewer recent cards.

Also, if you like URs, you can consider CSP or CSR if it has been more than 48 months since your last bonus. You should PC your current CSR first to a Freedom, wait 4 business days, then app for either the CSP or CSR. You could also MDD and get both the CSP and CSR. Consider P2 doing the same. Make sure to make use of the 20k support link you could generate for the other player.

Amex Delta might be a good option- I just don't personally know much about it.

Alternatively, you could try to nail down specifically where in Europe you would like to travel to and use awardhacker to help you narrow down some routes. Awardhacker will also give you an idea if for those routes you should be looking to earn MR, UR, C1 miles or something else. Hope that makes sense.

Feel free to ask more questions if it's helpful.
Thanks for the suggestions. I do like the flexibility of URs although they don't seem to transfer to Delta. We could always use them for lodging or something else for the trip. I just got a pretty nice offer on the Delta Gold for $400 statement credit plus 50,000 miles with $2k spend. I'm wondering if the best course of action would be to apply for the Venture X first and have P2 go for the CSP and/or CSR. Then I could take advantage of the Delta Gold offer in a month or so, then get the CSP and/or CSR a month or two after that. We'll just have to watch the MSRs to make sure we have enough planned spend to meet the timelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter