I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be new And it sucks. It seems like they have to do the return on the original card and won’t give a Shop card anymore (at least at my Costco). It does go back to the VGC and I’ve learned to hold those VGCs (write Costco on them) even if 0 balance until I am sure I won’t return something. Just bought a hoodie that is going back so I’ll have this same issue.
And my Costco changed their process again! I returned my hoodie this am and the cashier said swipe your Visa. So I was able to use a different card for the return. The last two times I wasn’t given an option. And it has been the same cashier!

Surprised it isn’t in your wallet. Any flights I booked with AA miles, were cancelled and the miles returned. Fees were refunded to my CC. I did book DS a flight on URs. That credit showed in his AA wallet but I had to rebook to use the credit through the chase portal.

it is in my wallet. That’s how I found it. But nothing shows as to what it’s worth. I tried Twitter and I’m down to 679 in line on the app to chat

Thanks! Does anyone remember how to use them at Costco?

Only the Visa gift cards will work in store at Costco, not the MasterCard. But the Visa gift cards are very easy to use—just press the green button when it asks for a pin and it will process as credit. You might be able to use the MasterCard to purchase a Costco gift card online but I’ve never done that.

We like Cities & Knights the most of the expansion packs, but we prefer the regular version.

The rules for the 5-6 player expansion state that every player is allowed to the opportunity to build at the end of EVERY player’s turn (rather than only being allowed to build during your own turn, as in the regular rules). You’re technically supposed to go around the table and ask everyone if they want to build. I just find that it adds a LOT of time, and people normally forget and it causes fights, etc.

If I do play the 5-6 player expansion, I normally try to get people to play that 1) we forego the building phase or 2) if you want to utilize the building phase, then it’s your responsibility to vocalize it before the dice are passed. We are not going to ask every player every time.

Maybe I’m just impatient and crabby?

HA! I had no idea the rules for 5-6 players are different. We just added the extra pieces and started playing. I don’t think I will be telling my family about the different rules.

Only the Visa gift cards will work in store at Costco, not the MasterCard. But the Visa gift cards are very easy to use—just press the green button when it asks for a pin and it will process as credit. You might be able to use the MasterCard to purchase a Costco gift card online but I’ve never done that.
Only been half paying attention but couldn't auto drain a visa gift card at Costco today. Total was about $35 and my visa gift card had a balance of $20 and it was rejected twice at self check out. Ended up using another visa gift card with a $200 balance.

Got my CP! Statement closed 2/2, but points didn't hit my SW account until today. I was checking obsessively lol.

Hope to get one for DH too. A couple more weeks before he can go for the second SW biz card. Have a trip in April, so will be cutting it close! 🤞

Ha no worries I won't hold you responsible if we don't like it! The artwork (plus the reviews) are amazing. We like trying new games, although with all of the kids out of the house and only back occasionally we don't have the chance to try out as many as we used to. We've had a few competitive moments with Catan but not nearly on the scale of Risk or Monopoly. All of my kids are pretty competitive by nature but one is an expert negotiator/manipulator and some of those alliances/betrayals were intense.

I really hope you like it. It took us a few games to really get the hang of it, but once we did we loved it. Also, our DD is also not living at home these days, and it's still pretty good for 2 players. I think it's better with 3-4 though.

Since we are talking games, anyone have recommendations for good 2 people games now that the kids have left us? I know a lot say you can play with 2 player but it really is not the same. If anyone is looking for a good cooperative game we really enjoy the Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle. We are super competitive so I really didn’t think we would like a cooperative game lol, but I think it was good for us. Family bonding instead of ganging up on each other. Lol

Only been half paying attention but couldn't auto drain a visa gift card at Costco today. Total was about $35 and my visa gift card had a balance of $20 and it was rejected twice at self check out. Ended up using another visa gift card with a $200 balance.

That’s not good. It’s been a few weeks since my last Costco trip but the self checkout did auto drain the remaining balance of a few Visa gift cards. Hopefully your experience was the result of a temporary glitch.

I can't believe I did this. I saw SW Priority card fee post, and I thought that the $75 reset, but it doesn't reset until tomorrow. I just spent $75 that probably won't be credited, now I'll have to buy $75 in Gift cards tomorrow that I won't need since I can't use it to buy Early Boarding.
The $75 was credited… woohooo… can now close the account. Don’t have any flights booked so won’t be able to use the upgrade boarding passes.

Wits and wagers is a fun game for multiple people. It combines trivia (you kind of have to make a best guess) with vegas style wagering.
So fun you’ll be buying the expansion pack asap.

Since we are talking games, anyone have recommendations for good 2 people games now that the kids have left us? I know a lot say you can play with 2 player but it really is not the same. If anyone is looking for a good cooperative game we really enjoy the Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle. We are super competitive so I really didn’t think we would like a cooperative game lol, but I think it was good for us. Family bonding instead of ganging up on each other. Lol
Dh and I just bought the Ticket to Ride junior game and it’s really fun!

We play Legendary the most with just Dh and I. We sometimes play with friends. It's really optimal for 3 but 2 works really well, too. It is both cooperative and competitive.
Seven Wonders Duel is a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter