I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by the “out West” recommendations…

Anyone have advice for where to spend a week in the AZ + broader area?

Found out we’ll be traveling to Phoenix for a wedding in early April. I’ve spent time in CO and lived in CA, but I haven’t seen a lot between. I’d like to explore some natural parks that I may never get to otherwise (and I’m open to camping, if that’s the best way to experience something - although it’s not my preference).

I’ve never seen the Grand Canyon. Worth it?

What else does anyone recommend? We’ll be renting a car, and I’m willing to drive a pretty solid distance (I’d say around 6 hours one-way max) from Phoenix. I love hiking, nature, and unique experience. Don’t really enjoy overly-touristy things or beach/spa/etc.

Double-posting, but in other news - we decided last-minute to go to WDW for President’s Day weekend, and we got a great deal on a studio at the Boardwalk (renting through someone’s DVC points).

I’ve always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk - never have - so I’m excited! I hope it lives up to my expectations more than the Polynesian did…

Double-posting, but in other news - we decided last-minute to go to WDW for President’s Day weekend, and we got a great deal on a studio at the Boardwalk (renting through someone’s DVC points).

I’ve always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk - never have - so I’m excited! I hope it lives up to my expectations more than the Polynesian did…
That’s my home😍. I still get weepy every time I walk in the lobby for the first time

Is your total Chase credit line across all cards (business and personal) more than 50% of household income or 70-80k, whichever is lower?

For biz recon, I think this number works 888-270-2127. If the issue is the CL, you can see if they'll move CL from another business card to open it (can't move personal).
My Chase credit line is OK. I did get a $30,000 CL with the capital one venture X card which I think is crazy! I called the Recon number and the first agent and I spoke and after putting me on hold, call was disconnected. Next agent was encouraging and said paperwork was reviewed and went through and to call back in 48 hours. So there’s hope.

Found out we’ll be traveling to Phoenix for a wedding in early April. I’ve spent time in CO and lived in CA, but I haven’t seen a lot between. I’d like to explore some natural parks that I may never get to otherwise (and I’m open to camping, if that’s the best way to experience something - although it’s not my preference).

What else does anyone recommend? We’ll be renting a car, and I’m willing to drive a pretty solid distance (I’d say around 6 hours one-way max) from Phoenix. I love hiking, nature, and unique experience. Don’t really enjoy overly-touristy things or beach/spa/etc.

The drive up to Sedona from Phoenix is only about an hour and a half and it's beautiful with lots of trails hiking the red rocks. We stayed at the Hilton there and liked it a lot. You could also drive further up to Flagstaff and then onto the Grand Canyon. To me, unless your going to hike down into the canyon, the Grand Canyon is a one day thing. I would also recommend if your in the area to drive onto Page AZ and see the slot canyons - very beautiful. I think in early April it won't be too hot to do these activities, especially if you get up and get going early.

I'm getting ready to apply for a new chase business card. I have a CIC and a CIU. Do I need to cancel one of them before applying for another one?

I also have CFU, a southwest personal (which I'm going to cancel when annual fee comes around) and Hyatt personal. I checked my credit lines and I'm at $57,800 across all business and personal cards which I think should be fine, but I could definitely lower the Hyatt which is my highest at $16,800 if I need to.

Thanks for any advice!
No you don’t need to cancel one before applying for another…I’d recommend keeping them so you can move some of their CL to the new card, since the average CL Chase seems to give on these cards lately is $3k

The drive up to Sedona from Phoenix is only about an hour and a half and it's beautiful with lots of trails hiking the red rocks. We stayed at the Hilton there and liked it a lot. You could also drive further up to Flagstaff and then onto the Grand Canyon. To me, unless your going to hike down into the canyon, the Grand Canyon is a one day thing. I would also recommend if your in the area to drive onto Page AZ and see the slot canyons - very beautiful. I think in early April it won't be too hot to do these activities, especially if you get up and get going early.
Agree with this! We did Sedona a long time ago, and there's lots of beautiful and relatively short hikes there. We rented a jeep so we could drive around off road a bit which was fun. The trek to Antelope Canyon is absolutely worth the drive, though! I think it's another 2-3 hrs past Sedona but it's like nothing I've ever seen. We had our friends with us who were professional photographers and they did engagement/wedding photos for us there.

On the app under “Rewards and Benefits” when I click on “see rewards details and redeem”….. they have been added to the pending points..
Thanks. So I see "rewards" and I see "benefits" separately. Clicked on both and I don't see "see rewards and redeem" anywhere. I do see pending points but it doesn't specify that they are for top spend. Thanks anyway.

Thanks. So I see "rewards" and I see "benefits" separately. Clicked on both and I don't see "see rewards and redeem" anywhere. I do see pending points but it doesn't specify that they are for top spend. Thanks anyway.
Mine don’t say for top spend either…but I have not used the card since my last statement closed so I know that’s what they are

Grand Canyon - it is one of the 7 natural wonders of the world! It is definately worth it. The immenseness of it just takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes when I see it. This is a nice to stay in the park, but not a must do like some other NPs.

I can’t hike down far into the canyon due to my knees so it is a day trip for me. If you stay in Sedona, it is an easy day time from there. Can do it from Phoenix but it is at least 4 hours additional driving. Sedona is amazing with the red rocks and hiking. Sliding rock park is fun also red rock state park, both near Sedona. Other activities, a pink Jeep tour, day trip to Jerome, Verde Canyon Railroad.
have fun.

It’s a really small daycare so I’m guessing that’s why but I just don’t get how people can’t take credit cards in 2022. Doesn’t make any sense to me. He’ll only be going twice a week for 3 hours so at least it won’t be a ton of money but still
My daycare doesn't take cc either. Heck, it's never even occured to me to ask about it until recently lol. But it costs them $ to accept CC so I'd guess thats why they don't accept them. Ii could see bigger daycares accepting them. But the smaller ones it wouldn't prob be worth it. And it's not like they need to accept them to get more business as all the daycares around me are full regardless.

Sedona is a great day trip from Phoenix. Highly recommend the Pink Jeep Tour for late afternoon/sunset. There's also a cool art/craft village in Sedona called Tlaquepaque that we enjoyed.

Depending on how you do the Grand Canyon, then yes totally worth it if you have never seen it. I went on a road trip with my friend a few months ago and we totally did a Clark Griswold stop. I guess that’s fine if you have never seen it, but my preference would be to hike down at least part way, which I had done on a previous trip. Though in April, I think it’s still possible for snow. And remember that after going down you have to turn around and go up, up, up. Which is way harder than you realize. Lol But my suggestion would also be Page, Arizona. The Antelope canyons are so beautiful and not to be missed. We kayaked Lake Powell, did Lower Antelope canyon, toured Glen canyon dam, and saw Horseshoe Bend from Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter