I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until 12/31/2021 you can use the credit towards gas and groceries
Wait. So those with a recent CSR that have the travel credit can get a $300 “travel credit” on gas and grocery purchases before December 31st and then get an additional $300 travel credit for say ticket purchases through Undercover Travel after January 1st?

Wait. So those with a recent CSR that have the travel credit can get a $300 “travel credit” on gas and grocery purchases before December 31st and then get an additional $300 travel credit for say ticket purchases through Undercover Travel after January 1st?

The yearly travel credit is still based on your anniversary date, it's not a calendar year credit for anyone that got it recently. It's just that you can use the credit for grocery or gas categories because of covid and that option expires at the end of the year.

Also agree you should go for the Plat. Your velocity looks fine to me. I know you said P2 is reluctant, but if you are getting the Plat, it seems a shame to miss out on this opportunity that ends tomorrow: https://frequentmiler.com/last-chance-deals/ If you look back the last ten or so pages, we discussed this opportunity here quite a bit.

It's the worst not to have an MSR- seems almost like a sin in my book.
The platinum card is a hard sale to p2 as it is, so I am choosing my battles. My 6 month total spend on this card (considering I am also doing MSR on new SW card as well, and will be adding another SW MSR in a few months) will be around 10k, so while it is sad that I won't get the additional 40k points for the support, I will get 275k points for that spend and that is a nice bonus, not to mention the other platinum perks and no MS.

And it definitely felt like a sin not to have an MSR to apply all this extra spend to!

Last edited:

Best Buy had the GE Profile Induction Cooktop on sale for a great price so we pulled the trigger on it. It is special order and won’t arrive until March 5. We are ok with that since 3 burners still work on the current cooktop. Excited to see how it works. Now to look for new pots!

I got the card in November 2021 so into 2022 I can use it for travel right? I was planning on using it for a trip in June 2022. We've paid the down payment and I was going to use the CSR for the final payment. The down payment was with a travel agent and coded as travel so I assume the final payment with the same agency will also code as travel and trigger the credit.
Yes you can use it for travel…Chase added grocery and gas this year since people weren’t traveling as much

Last edited:
You need to just call and find out. It's literally the only way you'll get the answer you need. And if they start asking about the biz just be firm that you want to know the reason it was denied and go from there. It probably won't be as bad as you think. Plenty of people recon a "biz" card successfully.
well....I finally called and spoke to someone,who informed me that they have no detailed info on the "too many" cc's...and I have to call Experian to ask them why they reported it on the hard pull.....:headache: So I guess I'll try that when they open today. on the site, I'm 5/24 the biz app means I'm 1/30,right?

Sitting in my class right now, waiting for my students (I don't have a first hour) and it's just a very somber vibe so far in the building. It will be interesting to see how today goes in school. Oxford is about 45 min from where I teach, but it's in the same county I teach in (our school districts in MI aren't county based) and about 20 min from where I grew up. My counterpart's wife just retired from Oxford before school started. I have friends who live/teach there.

I will say, I'm over the gaslighting (towards schools) the media was doing last night covering this tragedy. And it's also so glaring how little most know we do/deal with inside our schools today.

In other news.....seems I FINALLY got my mail from last monday, as my tax paperwork and Kabbage card were in my mailbox.

well....I finally called and spoke to someone,who informed me that they have no detailed info on the "too many" cc's...and I have to call Experian to ask them why they reported it on the hard pull.....:headache: So I guess I'll try that when they open today. on the site, I'm 5/24 the biz app means I'm 1/30,right?
How frustrating …are they are showing an additional account in experian ? You may have already done this but have you looked at what chase has listed in your chase credit journey account ?

Sitting in my class right now, waiting for my students (I don't have a first hour) and it's just a very somber vibe so far in the building. It will be interesting to see how today goes in school. Oxford is about 45 min from where I teach, but it's in the same county I teach in (our school districts in MI aren't county based) and about 20 min from where I grew up. My counterpart's wife just retired from Oxford before school started. I have friends who live/teach there.

I can't even imagine what it feels like to be in a school today. I have 3 sisters who were teachers (retired) and all of you get my greatest respect. The stuff teachers have to deal with before you even get to this type of violence, it's such an awful shame.

How frustrating …are they are showing an additional account in experian ? You may have already done this but have you looked at what chase has listed in your chase credit journey account ?
no I never thought of that...heading there next. Experian (of course) is impossible to talk to a rep.... I'll try emailing I guess. This is wayyyyy fun.

I will say, I'm over the gaslighting (towards schools) the media was doing last night covering this tragedy. And it's also so glaring how little most know we do/deal with inside our schools today.

In other news.....seems I FINALLY got my mail from last monday, as my tax paperwork and Kabbage card were in my mailbox.
I feel for you. My DH is a teacher, and the past couple of years have been especially tough as it is with new COVID restrictions, kids who have missed basic academic skills and time in the classroom, and the change in attitude toward learning that has come with it.
We have three teen DDs: one in MS, one HS, and one college, and I fear for their safety against this kind of violence everyday. Please know that we appreciate everything you do.

I can't even imagine what it feels like to be in a school today. I have 3 sisters who were teachers (retired) and all of you get my greatest respect. The stuff teachers have to deal with before you even get to this type of violence, it's such an awful shame.
I started in Jan 1999. So sadly my entire teaching career has been in this type of "world". The real scary part is how often there are threats and even teachers/staff aren't made aware. At one school I heard a counselor once say, if teachers knew how many times a gun is actually brought to school. My own HS has had a few threats recently, but they felt they were unfounded. I do fear that this might give a kid like that fuel though.

I feel for you. My DH is a teacher, and the past couple of years have been especially tough as it is with new COVID restrictions, kids who have missed basic academic skills and time in the classroom, and the change in attitude toward learning that has come with it.
We have three teen DDs: one in MS, one HS, and one college, and I fear for their safety against this kind of violence everyday. Please know that we appreciate everything you do.
I'm literally counting the days till I can retire. 923 days. But considering my youngers will be 15, I'll need to do something else, or have a sugar daddy. I've seriously thought about flight attendant, which isn't much better. But at least I know there are some pilots flying with guns, and some air marshals. TSA should catch most trying to get items through, and it seems to be drunken passengers most often right now. But teaching has become so bad in the last 10 years......If it doesn't get better there will be no education system.

This is someone in recon? I've read about other people going over their list of cards with the recon person which is why I ask. I'd try talking to someone else in recon once you've looked at more. They should be more helpful than that in recon.

This is someone in recon? I've read about other people going over their list of cards with the recon person which is why I ask. I'd try talking to someone else in recon once you've looked at more. They should be more helpful than that in recon.
Ok..... thank you all for tolerating my :crazy: questions here..... every time I think I have this figured out,I forget some detail or other and make myself miserable.....I didn't even know the credit journey was thing! That was most illuminating..... so it appears (?) I am 5/24 ....counting inquiries- I miscalculated (I think) I had one that dropped Nov.5,and app'ed on the 8th,too close I guess. In addition,I have 4 chase
*dates* 11/20-1/21-3/21-7/21 plus an amex so that's 5....one of those 5 is a C.I.U. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that didn't count,as it's a biz card. So counting that,I'm not under again till 11/22......:charac2: And this is why my records are getting a total refresh.

Ok..... thank you all for tolerating my :crazy: questions here..... every time I think I have this figured out,I forget some detail or other and make myself miserable.....I didn't even know the credit journey was thing! That was most illuminating..... so it appears (?) I am 5/24 ....counting inquiries- I miscalculated (I think) I had one that dropped Nov.5,and app'ed on the 8th,too close I guess. In addition,I have 4 chase
*dates* 11/20-1/21-3/21-7/21 plus an amex so that's 5....one of those 5 is a C.I.U. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that didn't count,as it's a biz card. So counting that,I'm not under again till 11/22......:charac2: And this is why my records are getting a total refresh.
The CIU doesn’t count towards 5/24.
can you list all cards opened since 11/2019? For all banks

Just picked up two RT non stop Delta BOS-MCO tix for May $673. I had booked through Chase Freedom Ultimate a few weeks ago to get the 5% but it was $832. Today Chase said they were unable to modify to the lower price so I cancelled (no fee) and rebooked for the lower rate direct with Delta. $160 savings...charged it on my Chase Ultimate anyway so I at least get 1.5% but huge $$ savings!

The CIU doesn’t count towards 5/24.
can you list all cards opened since 11/2019? For all banks
That's what I thought.... and yet it's on the inquiries listed
11/5/19- CIC (still showing on journey page)
11/23/20 Flex
1/8/21 CIU
6/10/21 Amex everyday
7/16/21 IHG
11/8/21 SWA biz denied
that's 6 inquiries total chase,1 amex all approved. ETA except the last swa

Last edited:
Do our monthly dining credits on Amex double stack with a restaurant offer? I have $5 on $15 at Shack Shake, wondering if spend $15 (would more I'm sure) would I get both credits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter