• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but all your talk about college tours got me thinking. Any suggestions for how to find colleges/universities that might be a good fit for a particular kid. DD is a sophomore, good student but anxious when under too much pressure. I want to send her out of TX, preferably a smaller school (maybe 10k kids max) with moderate level academics. She's interested in being a teacher or psychologist, likely work with special ed kids, so prestige is not a factor. $$ is a consideration but private is doable as long as it's LGBTQ friendly. I'm basically searching the internet blindly and her hs counselor is no help at all. Any websites, online forums, or regional university suggestions welcome!

I really look forward to planning one of those cross-country college tour trips...
As a parent of a junior, I've been spending a lot of time over on collegeconfidential myself, and there is a ton of info over there. I've also looked at campuspride .org for LGBTQ friendliness; it has some schools ranked but it's a little thin on how many schools are covered. It's ok for a place to get started looking, and the list of shame is helpful to know where to avoid.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I haven't seen it but, applied for a SW with a RR incentive of 40,000 points, AF is $69 and MSR $1000 over 3 months. Would buying points be counted towards the MSR? Wondering because they offer up to 75% bonus on points purchase until 5/28. Thank you

Last edited:

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I haven't seen it but, applied for a SW with a RR incentive of 40,000 points, AF is $69 and MSR $1000 over 3 months. Would buying points be counted towards the MSR? Wondering because they offer up to 75% bonus on points purchase until 5/28. Thank you
Buying points should count toward the MSR, but you won't earn 2xRR because the purchase is processed by points .com instead of SW itself.

Has anyone heard of the swan reserve concierge level opening? We are about to hit Marriott platinum again and trying to book an October trip. Undecided where to stay. Swan, dolphin, or swan reserve. Thoughts?

Off topic, but all your talk about college tours got me thinking. Any suggestions for how to find colleges/universities that might be a good fit for a particular kid. DD is a sophomore, good student but anxious when under too much pressure. I want to send her out of TX, preferably a smaller school (maybe 10k kids max) with moderate level academics. She's interested in being a teacher or psychologist, likely work with special ed kids, so prestige is not a factor. $$ is a consideration but private is doable as long as it's LGBTQ friendly. I'm basically searching the internet blindly and her hs counselor is no help at all. Any websites, online forums, or regional university suggestions welcome!

I really look forward to planning one of those cross-country college tour trips...
It's been a few years for us on the college search but I remember the collegeboard.com website having a good tool for searching schools. You were able to chose major, size, selectivity, etc to give you answers as to what schools might fit what you are looking for.

Has anyone heard of the swan reserve concierge level opening? We are about to hit Marriott platinum again and trying to book an October trip. Undecided where to stay. Swan, dolphin, or swan reserve. Thoughts?

I don’t know the answer to this question, but I spoke with their onsite reservations department and she was completely lacking knowledge about the Swan Reserve. Basically told me to call back once they open because they’ll know more about the resort then...

Any DPs on a young adult being approved for a CSP? DD has some spend coming up and would like another MSR and she won't likely be able to qualify for this kind of card once she goes back to school, so I think it's kind of now or never.

DD23 applied today and was approved. She has been somewhat reluctant to join the CC game though this will be her 5th card. (Discover, Freedom Unlimited, CIP, southwest priority and now CSP).

You're the first! Is it easier than using DVC to check availability, or better for those who aren't members to see what's available?

I find it to be incredibly accurate. It is actually a super easy way to stalk a reservation instead of going through the hassle of logging into DVC. I have the calculator on my phone and if I see what I am looking for available only then get onto DVC to check/book.

Check your AmEx offers- Hyatt spend $300, get $60 back. I know a lot of us have upcoming Hyatt stays.

I have the WOH card as well. I'm assuming using my AmEx offer for our upcoming stay would be better than using my WOH card for those bonus points? Is there a calculator or way I can determine which one has the best earning reward?

How man Amex credit cards does DH have?
Brilliant (going to downgrade later this week)
Personal Green
Biz Green
Delta Gold Biz
Marriott Biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter