• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alexle2007 the dog is going with us to SW Florida (because of the kid drama) so I'll let you know how it goes. Found my old dog's sherpa bag in the garage tonight.
Sorry about the kid drama but looking forward to hearing how the travel goes. Yours isn’t a brachycephalic breed, right? I hear that is one of the problems with flying with pugs but Puggles typically doesn’t have any breathing problems.

I found a link to the 100k personal platinum offer that finally worked for me (all the other links I tried only gave me the standard offer). I've had the platinum before, but I think it was 5+ years ago. I was definitely expecting to get the pop up, but I didn't. Not sure if that means I"m out of the woods or not with that, but I may have made a mistake. We have our credit frozen, but I thought if you already had cards with Amex that they didn't pull credit reports. I got the notice that they couldn't approve me right away and the email follow up that said they will contact me if they need more info. Was I mistaken about the credit reports or do you guys think this is something else? This was a shot in the dark for me as I thought I'd get the popup so I didn't really put much thinking into it :) Thanks for any thoughts!

I found a link to the 100k personal platinum offer that finally worked for me (all the other links I tried only gave me the standard offer). I've had the platinum before, but I think it was 5+ years ago. I was definitely expecting to get the pop up, but I didn't. Not sure if that means I"m out of the woods or not with that, but I may have made a mistake. We have our credit frozen, but I thought if you already had cards with Amex that they didn't pull credit reports. I got the notice that they couldn't approve me right away and the email follow up that said they will contact me if they need more info. Was I mistaken about the credit reports or do you guys think this is something else? This was a shot in the dark for me as I thought I'd get the popup so I didn't really put much thinking into it :) Thanks for any thoughts!
Are you under the 4 card personal limit?

I've been following closely but haven't had much to add as I waited 90 days from my last approval. I plan on applying for my next card within the next week or two so I thought I'd get some advice as I head into "phase 2" of my Chase plans.

I'm 2/5:
CFF Sept 2020
Marriott Bonvoy Oct 2020
Southwest Performance Jan 2021
(Denied SW Premier app Feb 2021)

Goal is just URs in general at this point, though I may end up using the PYB if I get the CSP/CSR. I think I've decided on the CSP next because of the current SUB. Is there any reason to do a MDD with the CSR (or other card) since I'm not at 4/5?

Sorry about the kid drama but looking forward to hearing how the travel goes. Yours isn’t a brachycephalic breed, right? I hear that is one of the problems with flying with pugs but Puggles typically doesn’t have any breathing problems.
No, Havaneses aren’t but she has cushings disease so she pants a lot. Hopefully she doesn’t get hot. My dad is going to be so happy to see her because he loves dogs.

Glad puggles fly okay. Sometimes it’s so nice to bring the dog with you.

They usually don't pull, but it's not a guarantee. Or maybe it's just verification. If it's not approved by tomorrow, I'd probably just call.

I have one five minutes away (it's so nice inside) and one across the street from my office (that I hope to never go to again). They are adding a lot of branches in VA too.
Went on vacation several years ago...maybe 10...I remember seeing a lot of banks that began with a W...and it wasn't Wells Fargo...Wac(something) perhaps? Think maybe they were being bought out by Chase according to the friend we were visiting.
Lol...I had to laugh because this is such a RI way of giving directions!
Aren't you glad I didn't add in Dunkin' to the mix! Those landmarks could have put you almost anywhere in the state.

Went on vacation several years ago...maybe 10...I remember seeing a lot of banks that began with a W...and it wasn't Wells Fargo...Wac(something) perhaps? Think maybe they were being bought out by Chase according to the friend we were visiting.

Wachovia? They were based in Charlotte, NC but got bought by Wells Fargo.

Chase bought out Washington Mutual (colloquially known as WaMu) back in the financial crisis.

Chase bought out Washington Mutual (colloquially known as WaMu) back in the financial crisis.

I miss them, they were a good bank. Them and Suntrust are the two banks I've had that I liked, aside from SeaFirst but that's who WaMu bought out up here. Quite happy with my credit union now.

Are you under the 4 card personal limit?
Yes, only have Amex Plat Business, Amex Personal Gold, and Hilton Aspire.

They usually don't pull, but it's not a guarantee. Or maybe it's just verification. If it's not approved by tomorrow, I'd probably just call.
Okay, thanks. I'm still in Hawaii, so I'll probably call on Friday if they don't approve before that. Crossing my fingers. It was such a surprise not to get the popup!

I've been following closely but haven't had much to add as I waited 90 days from my last approval. I plan on applying for my next card within the next week or two so I thought I'd get some advice as I head into "phase 2" of my Chase plans.

I'm 2/5:
CFF Sept 2020
Marriott Bonvoy Oct 2020
Southwest Performance Jan 2021
(Denied SW Premier app Feb 2021)

Goal is just URs in general at this point, though I may end up using the PYB if I get the CSP/CSR. I think I've decided on the CSP next because of the current SUB. Is there any reason to do a MDD with the CSR (or other card) since I'm not at 4/5?
Yes, because you can only hold either the CSP or CSR. The MDD gets you around that. (That is why your Premier was denied. You technically can only hold the Priority or Premier but the MDD allows you both.) So if your goal is both CSP and CSR then you will need to do a MDD.

Update. Called again this morning. Was on hold over an hour but had the NICEST CM who researched our AP history and saw we cancelled them during Covid and let us purchase new AP's!!!
Can you tell me which AP you have and what the cost was? DH and I cancelled ours last year and are considering purchasing if they’ll allow it.

Can you tell me which AP you have and what the cost was? DH and I cancelled ours last year and are considering purchasing if they’ll allow it.
I purchased the Platinum AP for DH and I which was $954 with a DVC discount. I was shocked at how high the price was. They put a note with a confirmation # in my account so that I could call back to purchase them for my kids. The Gold was around $750 (DVC). I wasn't sure which AP to do and wanted to buy the AP's now for the two of us since we are going in April. All of us are going in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter