I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol!!! Between now and June our resident busy bee banker will be getting all the work he can under his belt to meet his yearly quota so he can relax and enjoy the rest of the year.

Now watch him come back and state he's already hit the quota!
I have 8 deals in closing, and 4 more on their way in credit. And yes, when those all close, I will have hit my goal for the year.

BUT in my new role at the bank the incentive program is way better than it used to be so it's actually worth continuing to close deals past May so I might actually keep working hahaha!

I don't post often, but I hope someone here can help me.
ThankYou Points...
I'm trying to decide on purchasing Disney tickets with them before the 25% Premier Card Value is no more.
Does anyone know:

1. Do the tickets expire? I wasn't sure how this would work especially with date-based pricing.
2. Can they be upgraded at the park for more days, PH, etc?

Thanks for your help. Tagging @CyndiLouWho and @magickingdomprincess as I think they have purchased tickets with TYP before.

ThankYou Points...
I'm trying to decide on purchasing Disney tickets with them before the 25% Premier Card Value is no more.
Does anyone know:

1. Do the tickets expire? I wasn't sure how this would work especially with date-based pricing.

Thanks for your help. Tagging @CyndiLouWho and @magickingdomprincess as I think they have purchased tickets with TYP before.

I purchased 3 tickets last year with Citi Points. At the time PH was not available so I just ordered 3- 7 Day tickets. I plan on upgrading them to PH at the parks, should be no problem doing that or adding days on to the tickets.

I did have to give them a date I was going but pretty sure there is a way to change that date to a later time (not sure how) But I know you shouldn't lose the value of the tickets. Not sure if they are able to see the tickets that are not date specific. (I know that doesn't help much...)

Chase PYB Categories Remaining the same on CSR until 9/30:
I'm sure this was reported earlier today by somebody, (I honestly haven't read any comments for days sadly so I'm way behind on the thread). But for those that don't like TPG as a source - I found this: Sapphire Reserve | Credit Cards | Chase.com

Through Sep. 30, 2021, your points are worth 50% more when you redeem them for statement credits after using your card at grocery stores and dining at restaurants (including takeout and eligible delivery services), home improvement stores and select charitable organizations. Just choose an eligible purchase made with your Sapphire Reserve card from the past 90 days. Then, apply the points for all or part of the purchase and receive a statement credit.

Chase PYB Categories Remaining the same on CSR until 9/30:
I'm sure this was reported earlier today by somebody, (I honestly haven't read any comments for days sadly so I'm way behind on the thread). But for those that don't like TPG as a source - I found this: Sapphire Reserve | Credit Cards | Chase.com

Through Sep. 30, 2021, your points are worth 50% more when you redeem them for statement credits after using your card at grocery stores and dining at restaurants (including takeout and eligible delivery services), home improvement stores and select charitable organizations. Just choose an eligible purchase made with your Sapphire Reserve card from the past 90 days. Then, apply the points for all or part of the purchase and receive a statement credit.
Definitely keeping my CSR now

ThankYou Points...
Does anyone know:

Mine are currently loaded in my Disney account. I did have to chose dates and they have an expiration date. I would definitely buy before the 25% goes away. This is on my Disney account 37D11D46-E4F8-49AE-B7FF-57CB9380135F.png

ThankYou Points...
Does anyone know:

I haven't changed/upgraded my tix purchased with TY points, but they seem to work the same as any other tix. I have had to change date-based tickets before to a different date, I just called and paid the small price difference. I would think these would work the same. Good luck!

I haven't paid much attention, but I think I've read that buying Marriott GCs isn't a good option... Is it because they are difficult to use/find?

We have a stay this weekend, it's $100... DH's Brilliant credit just reset and he also has the $200/$50 promo on his card. I could pay the room rate then add a gift card for the other $200?

If the hotel has GCs yes, that works, I've done that before. They're sorta hard to use as not all front desk agents know how to redeem them but someone at the hotel should so might just need to speak with a manager or someone in the back office. I'm cheap so depending on the discount it's worth the few extra minutes of hassle. You also can't use them to reserve prepaid rates. I've heard you could ask the hotel to reverse the prepaid charge and use GC instead, but again, bit of a hassle.

Has anyone ever done an MDD where half the MDD was done in-branch? I want to do a CSR/CSP MDD and DoC is reporting that Chase is waiving the CSP annual fee in-branch.

Have not done it myself but it has been done. In fact, DP just today on r/churning.

Works the same way, but recommended to start in branch and use that as your first approval. If the card you want the most is the CSP, this works out well. You could do it the other way but I'd be worried about timing and extra eyes. You'd have to be content with the CSP for a year should the MDD fail.

They are putting the finishing touches on our Chase branch and it should be opening next week. Chase is finally making a presence here in the Northeast...a year ago there were hardly any, now there are 3 or 4 getting built within 10 miles of me. Hoping the CSP offer is around in May and I can get into a branch and get it for no AF.

They are putting the finishing touches on our Chase branch and it should be opening next week. Chase is finally making a presence here in the Northeast...a year ago there were hardly any, now there are 3 or 4 getting built within 10 miles of me. Hoping the CSP offer is around in May and I can get into a branch and get it for no AF.

I drive to Cranston, RI every week to go to WholeFoods and there is a new Chase branch going up right around the corner. Looks like it would be ready to go within a couple of weeks. Be nice to walk in to a branch for sure in the Northeast.

I drive to Cranston, RI every week to go to WholeFoods and there is a new Chase branch going up right around the corner. Looks like it would be ready to go within a couple of weeks. Be nice to walk in to a branch for sure in the Northeast.
Is that the old Burger King that was on the corner? Ours is also a BK that was leveled. Yay for another option...I could have gone to the one on Thayer St in Providence...but not worth the headache and the traffic. Mine will be the one in Smithfield.

Is that the old Burger King that was on the corner? Ours is also a BK that was leveled. Yay for another option...I could have gone to the one on Thayer St in Providence...but not worth the headache and the traffic. Mine will be the one in Smithfield.

Yes it used to be a BK. I'll have to check out where the one will be in Smithfield since that will be closer to work for me.

I have one five minutes away (it's so nice inside) and one across the street from my office (that I hope to never go to again). They are adding a lot of branches in VA too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter