I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How nice! I kind of wish Puggles had a playmate. He is very social and is always looking for my neighbor’s Yorkies to play with. But I will not cave since I am already realizing how difficult it is to go on vacation since we got him.

From experience, I will say 2 are not the same as having one. They are often more than double the work.

And signed a contract for a puppy to be born in May. One of the three litters was sired by a close relative of my current dog so I'm hoping for a puppy from that litter. Dogs will be ready mid-July. My mom has accused me of replacing dd (heading to college early August) with a puppy. :rotfl2:

We replaced DD with a stray cat who showed up shortly after she left for college LOL
How nice! I kind of wish Puggles had a playmate. He is very social and is always looking for my neighbor’s Yorkies to play with. But I will not cave since I am already realizing how difficult it is to go on vacation since we got him.

They say its easier if you leave 2 dogs together than 1 dog all alone because they have each other for comfort and won't miss you so much. I don't know how your dog-sitter feels about that though, LOL.

I have an odd question. Hosting my DD's grad party at our country club in June. We typically just pay those dues/charges through our bank since the club charges a 3% cc processing fee. However, this will be a large bill and IF they process the charge as a *restaurant/dining* charge, that will be worth it to get the 4x points on my Amex. But I have NO clue how those charges are categorized. Guess I can ask, but I'm sure they will think I'm weird for asking that lol.
You’ll have to talk to your club directly as they all process payments differently.

They say its easier if you leave 2 dogs together than 1 dog all alone because they have each other for comfort and won't miss you so much. I don't know how your dog-sitter feels about that though, LOL.

That's all dependent on if the dogs get along though. My mom's dog and my dog have a strong toleration of each other. But then being home alone together makes no difference. My mom's dog will still drag her shoe into the living room and mines just as happy to see me as any other time. They'll sit in the chair together watching out the window but neither of them really care that the other is there.

Do you ever just use a credit card for something to eat there or is all automatically charged to your account? You could look back on your statements and check for category?

Some places have dues being charged the CC fee and dining not. We ate at my niece's club several times paying our own check and no CC processing charge, but I know places can be different.

No, I've never paid directly because it's all too easy just to sign the slip lol! I'll have to suck it up and ask, no big deal really, I'm just sure they're sick of me with all my questions about the grad party.

Ugh!!! I’m currently in Naples on a mini vacation and have a rental car. I managed to do quite a number on the side of the car when backing out of a spot next to pole. I nearly took the side mirror off - and there’s a dent and scrapes down the driver’s side door. I did use my CSR when booking and declined Avis’coverage.
Does anyone have experience on damaged rental cars? Will there be a deductible? Do I tell them or just return it when and let them contact me? Trying to not let this ruin the rest of my trip.

Ugh!!! I’m currently in Naples on a mini vacation and have a rental car. I managed to do quite a number on the side of the car when backing out of a spot next to pole. I nearly took the side mirror off - and there’s a dent and scrapes down the driver’s side door. I did use my CSR when booking and declined Avis’coverage.
Does anyone have experience on damaged rental cars? Will there be a deductible? Do I tell them or just return it when and let them contact me? Trying to not let this ruin the rest of my trip.

I’m so sorry. Hoping someone more experienced will jump in but I’m thinking csr will cover It all.

I will say great you used CSR. Not sure what to do but I would want the CSR insurance to cover this. It is not like you hit and damaging a home or expensive car and hurt people. If it sticks to CSR insurance your personal won’t go up.

We are wanting to book our Europe trip that was supposed to happen this year, for next year, around May 2022. I see that European countries are requiring negative covid tests between borders. For example, we are looking to do a several week trip and stop in UK, France, Italy, Germany, and maybe Austria. Anyone have any thoughts on the covid restrictions traveling between countries? If it's going to require a test to go between each, then we will probably just stay in one country instead, and then plan another trip in the future. I know no one knows what it'll be like next year... but I'm very unfamiliar with Europe in general as I've never been and this would be our first time.

We are wanting to book our Europe trip that was supposed to happen this year, for next year, around May 2022. I see that European countries are requiring negative covid tests between borders. For example, we are looking to do a several week trip and stop in UK, France, Italy, Germany, and maybe Austria. Anyone have any thoughts on the covid restrictions traveling between countries? If it's going to require a test to go between each, then we will probably just stay in one country instead, and then plan another trip in the future. I know no one knows what it'll be like next year... but I'm very unfamiliar with Europe in general as I've never been and this would be our first time.

By 2022 I would expect vaccination will be the gold standard to travel between borders, if at all. I would personally book the trip you want and not worry about COVID testing. Having said that, I would still book something with cancellation flexibility.
For what it’s worth, we just did COVID testing for Hawaii and it was so easy, self-administered in a Walgreens pharmacy drive through. I just would never give up travel due to a very simple test. But I also understand people don’t like the uncertainty and variables.

By 2022 I would expect vaccination will be the gold standard to travel between borders, if at all. I would personally book the trip you want and not worry about COVID testing. Having said that, I would still book something with cancellation flexibility.
For what it’s worth, we just did COVID testing for Hawaii and it was so easy, self-administered in a Walgreens pharmacy drive through. I just would never give up travel due to a very simple test. But I also understand people don’t like the uncertainty and variables.
Agreed. Vaccine passport will likely be what matters, not negative tests.

Agreed. Vaccine passport will likely be what matters, not negative tests.
Thanks for the input! My main real concern I guess is that our plans had us flying into one country, staying there only 24 hours, and then flying to another, both on the way there and on the way back. So it makes me a little nervous with basically a 24 hour layover in a country, if we have to get tested in that short amount of time to continue on to our final destination.

Thanks for the input! My main real concern I guess is that our plans had us flying into one country, staying there only 24 hours, and then flying to another, both on the way there and on the way back. So it makes me a little nervous with basically a 24 hour layover in a country, if we have to get tested in that short amount of time to continue on to our final destination.

I would think by then if a vaccine on it's own that rapid testing at/near airports, train stations etc would be much more availabe if needed for transportation. That simply because at some point we shouldn't need testing in our everyday life as much as now and at that point it could very well be more travel related.

Figure I'll ask here too since I'm not getting much on the Transportation board.

Our next trip is this August and our first trip with our little boy who will require a car seat when traveling in a car, etc. We are staying at the GF and am interested in doing the character breakfast at Topolino. Do taxis have car seats? I know most ride-shares won't unless it is a specific category. What's the best form of transportation to get there with him? I guess we can also walk to MK and wait for a bus to go back to the Riviera too as our last resort. I really wish the Minnie Vans were still around! We do not want to rent a car just to drive to Topolino.

Where is your favorite Hyatt in the US?
Hi everyone. I haven’t posted in a while, but have been following along. I have decided right now I am going to be very slow at this game. I’m still working on my Hyatt card sign up bonus.

I would also love to hear of some great Hyatt properties to stay at in the US. I can’t offer too many suggestions. We have been to the Hyatt Grand Cypress and also Clearwater recently. We really enjoyed both properties. We also stayed at the Grand Hyatt in San Diego a few years ago and really liked that. Other than that we have just stayed at a Hyatt Place in Columbia, SC many times when we go to see my MIL. I don’t think anyone would be too interested in that location. It has been great for us for the 5000 points. 😊

Figure I'll ask here too since I'm not getting much on the Transportation board.

Our next trip is this August and our first trip with our little boy who will require a car seat when traveling in a car, etc. We are staying at the GF and am interested in doing the character breakfast at Topolino. Do taxis have car seats? I know most ride-shares won't unless it is a specific category. What's the best form of transportation to get there with him? I guess we can also walk to MK and wait for a bus to go back to the Riviera too as our last resort. I really wish the Minnie Vans were still around! We do not want to rent a car just to drive to Topolino.

A couple of thoughts:

1) Staying at the GF, I would expect they'd be able to help you arrange a taxi or something with a carseat the night before? That's what I would try.
2) Besides taking a rideshare/taxi, I honestly think walking/taking a boat/monorail to the MK and taking a bus to Riviera is the most direct option.
3) Alternatively, if the Epcot monorail opens again, you can take the monorail to the TTC, board the monorail to Epcot, walk through Epcot to the Skyliner. Or, from MK take a bus to Beach Club, and Skyliner to Riviera, but those are all pretty indirect options for a breakfast.

As a completely separate suggestion, something I plan to do when we have our first little one will be to splurge on a Doona carseat/stroller, since it's easy to travel with and will allow us to use any rideshare/taxi with infants in our own safe, easily transportable carseat/stroller. I assume, based on the character breakfast, that your little one is likely too old for it, but just a random thought that might be helpful for anyone looking to travel with infants.

A couple of thoughts:

1) Staying at the GF, I would expect they'd be able to help you arrange a taxi or something with a carseat the night before? That's what I would try.
2) Besides taking a rideshare/taxi, I honestly think walking/taking a boat/monorail to the MK and taking a bus to Riviera is the most direct option.
3) Alternatively, if the Epcot monorail opens again, you can take the monorail to the TTC, board the monorail to Epcot, walk through Epcot to the Skyliner. Or, from MK take a bus to Beach Club, and Skyliner to Riviera, but those are all pretty indirect options for a breakfast.

As a completely separate suggestion, something I plan to do when we have our first little one will be to splurge on a Doona carseat/stroller, since it's easy to travel with and will allow us to use any rideshare/taxi with infants in our own safe, easily transportable carseat/stroller. I assume, based on the character breakfast, that your little one is likely too old for it, but just a random thought that might be helpful for anyone looking to travel with infants.

I've never really thought about whether taxis had carseats or not until I had a child of my own lol. He will be 21 months at that point so don't think the Doona would work or be worth it. :-) My plan so far is to check with the staff at VGF to see if they can help me schedule a taxi w/ carseat or just to walk over to MK to catch the Riviera bus. Trying to catch an Uber with a carseat might be hard with an ADR time.

Hi! Im looking for info on the Chase Pay Yourself Back since Ive seen it mentioned here and there. Ive tried looking over the last month or so and it still only showing charities for me. Is this normal? I want to be sure im looking in the right place. I have 2 freedom cards and a sapphire preferred. TIA!

Hi! Im looking for info on the Chase Pay Yourself Back since Ive seen it mentioned here and there. Ive tried looking over the last month or so and it still only showing charities for me. Is this normal? I want to be sure im looking in the right place. I have 2 freedom cards and a sapphire preferred. TIA!
The Sapphire Preferred has PYB categories for grocery stores, home improvement stores and dining establishments, including take-out and delivery services. Your Freedom cards have charities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter