I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know - and I should know this - if I use my Amex Plat to pay via Paypal for somewhere like Saks, do I get both the Paypal credit and the credit for the Saks purchase? Or do they code in such a way that my purchase was to Paypal, not Saks so no Saks credit for me.

Thanks for all your help over the years

I got the 5% offer on my Disney card YAY!!! but it expires on 3/31 BOOOO!!!! We have 2 WDW trips coming up so I'd love to use this card to get gift cards. Ideas for how to do this quickly and efficiently at a grocery store to get the bonus? I don't mind going to the store every day...I just wish I had known this was available Jan. 1 OR received the April 1 start 😑😣

Yes, I was a little annoyed that they would not schedule us for the second doses. So we basically have to stalk the website to see if any appointments are available in 3-4 weeks when we're ready for our second dose. If not, the pharmacist said I can start calling in again to see if there are "expiring doses". I don't know if this is just Walgreens or what. There is news articles online from the past day or so if you google it, but basically I wish I had known this going into it and I'm kind of ticked off that this is not going to be an "easy" process. I do know a friend of a friend that is a pharmacy tech at a Walgreens that is a bit farther out from us, so if it comes down to it I may need to call in a favor to see if they can let us know of leftovers so we can get the second dose when the time comes.

Glad to hear that it worked for them! Our state has a MAJOR deficit of shots, so that's another reason I'm pessimistic about this. We personally know people that have been trying to schedule their first dose for WEEKS now, under phase 1b, and cannot. There are never any appointments open. Our Ingles has a 4 page waitlist just to be contacted about an appointment when they DO have vaccine availability. It's a problem in our state. I saw a news article that showed that we are near the bottom for vaccine allotments. Out of the 50 states, we were like number 48 for basically getting the bare minimum number of vaccines allotted to us.

Don't forget that you don't have to go to Walgreens for your 2nd shot. You can always stalk other places. If they force you to declare an eligibility category, just pick one that isn't age dependent.

I got the 5% offer on my Disney card YAY!!! but it expires on 3/31 BOOOO!!!! We have 2 WDW trips coming up so I'd love to use this card to get gift cards. Ideas for how to do this quickly and efficiently at a grocery store to get the bonus? I don't mind going to the store every day...I just wish I had known this was available Jan. 1 OR received the April 1 start 😑😣
I never got the email either...I am going to just buy some visa gift cards and use those for other things. I will probably give the offer a couple days to settle in and purchase on Saturday. I would have signed up sooner if I had got something.

Anyone know - and I should know this - if I use my Amex Plat to pay via Paypal for somewhere like Saks, do I get both the Paypal credit and the credit for the Saks purchase? Or do they code in such a way that my purchase was to Paypal, not Saks so no Saks credit for me.

I've seen DP that it works. But you would want a purchase $80+. If you do $50, you'll probably get both $50+$30 credited back, but Amex doesn't like it when they pay out more than you spend. They may claw it back months or years down the road.

Used the generic link on Doc:
- IHG 5% on gas/groceries up to $1500 exp 3/31 (I think I remember this from earlier in the year, but sidelined for other cards)

Used the IHG link from Doc:
- 5% on all purchase up to $1500 4/1 through 6/30

Definitely check both links.

Thanks for posting. I got the grocery/gas on Disney yesterday on the general link.
Just tried the Disney link and for 5% on all purchases. Still have $5000 left on a MSR but hopefully will be able to take advantage of this offer for something.

Oh wow ok, that’s good to know! I thought it had to be another Walgreens. Thanks!

Wherever you end up getting an appt for a second dose, all they ask is when you got the first dose. At least that is my experience helping my family book theirs in RI. My dad and FIL got their first shot at a local town clinic but they didn't give any of the people 2nd dose appt at the 1st shot appt. They were told to wait for a call to schedule. Let's just say last week was the third week and still nothing so I ended up calling. They had no idea when they were getting the 2nd doses delivered so I ended up making a second dose appt at a state mass vaccination site. Good luck!

I did exactly this for my Tory Burch swimsuit. It was nice to pay $40 instead $200.

Used the generic link on Doc:
- IHG 5% on gas/groceries up to $1500 exp 3/31 (I think I remember this from earlier in the year, but sidelined for other cards)

Used the IHG link from Doc:
- 5% on all purchase up to $1500 4/1 through 6/30

Definitely check both links.
I have used the specific card links each time. Cannot get that new offer 😞

Vaccine - got my first shot Saturday. Just a sore arm for a day, nothing major. Getting next shot on the17th. Made the appointment while I was sitting in the car lane waiting for the shot. Getting the first appointment was a bit of work but scheduling second one was a piece of cake. We'll see if there are side effects with second shot.

Vacations -
With the vaccine, I feel comfortable planning a few trips for the year. Most of the activities will be outdoors
June - road trip to Hilton Head Island. I fee comfortable with a beach vacation. We'll cook most of our meals in the condo or get take out. Should be able to spread out on the beach.
July/August - Still planning to go to Glacier NP. They are opening the east side (closed last year as the reservation was closed). I did drop the first several days that were going to be in Canada. I will be flying.
September - road trip to Michigan. Doing a week visiting Frankenmuth, Traverse City, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Paradise (to name a few).

I am very excited to travel again.

Good point. It is definitely more to fly into Key West and rent a car. It wasn't bad from Miami. I can't believe some of the prices folks are quoting on here for a car!

I was actually thinking maybe finding a place near Duvall Street, and walking (or biking/scooter/bus/Conch Train) everywhere, and using Uber/taxi to/from airport (no rental car)

Teacher here...In Michigan at that. Where we are STILL grounded in SOOOOOO many aspects. In Jan our governor said we needed to get back to school. So starting 1/25 I started 4 days in the classroom, 1 day (Friday) fully remote. I have to do both in person and online at the same time as I'm the only Engineering/Architecture teacher. We did A/B hybrid days for the students. They were supposed to work asycnh at home (I know they didn't). I had classes with 1 student in person. 54% of our students chose to stay online.

Then they decided that wasn't enough and tied our funding to AT LEAST 20 hours in person. So starting THIS WEEK....THE WEEK BEFORE SPRING BREAK, we moved to 4 days a week in person (all students everyday) and Friday still remote. We (teachers) were upset they didn't allow us to make this switch AFTER spring break. My own kids have been 1/2 in person since October. I get emails daily about positive tests. Neither have had to quarantine (I'm not sure how). Right now where I teach, we had 4 positive students and 1 positive staff yesterday alone! Just my HS. Where again, we have maybe 600 of our students.

So I love that all these states that are way more open than MI is, has still had students remote, but our governor threw us all back into the schools. She's actually keeping all other jobs remote until probably May/June at the earliest. We have an 11pm curfew. 50% at restaurants, etc. And she's forcing kids playing sports to wear masks while they play AND now get tested weekly! She's trying to blame the increase in kids (I think it's up like 500%) on sports, and NOT the fact we're in school. My kids have played sports on and off since summer (she fully shut them down for a bit in Nov-Jan, but my son's team skated illegally or just went to Ohio). Many kids have played sports throughout all of this. The change is almost all schools are "fully" in person now.

I'm the most NON-political person in the WORLD! But our governor has made NO sense! She wouldn't allow boating last spring. Didn't allow haircuts till nearly JULY. She allowed outdoor dining in the winter which just had people huddled together around space heaters or in igloos where condensation dropped all over you and your food. She allowed gyms to be open, but sports had to be closed. Schools were forced open before she allowed restaurants to open indoors.

And what NO ONE wants to admit is that all this CHANGE is what is affecting the kids more than anything! Just when they get into a routine w/ school, hey....let's change it again! Not sure why everyone seems to think 9 weeks is going to make THAT much impact on the school year. Just finish the year out and start fresh in September. BTW, going back in MI isn't affording proms or graduations, etc. We're still too locked down for any of that!

Okay rant over, LOL.

Aside from the school and outside of school guidance being all over the place, it looks like you infection rate in-school is pretty good at 1%. Around here the general public positivity is about 5% now. Stay vigilant!

I'm stressing a bit about car rentals in HI as I see prices climb. If I have a pay-when-you-get-there reservation with Hertz (booked through AAA) does that mean they will have a car for me, or could I get to the counter and they could be all gone? (I know anything *could* happen, but [is a rental car] reservation reliable?). In my 30ish years of travel, this is only the 4th time I've ever rented a car.
Yes, you have a reservation. You'll have a car.
I have been on a business trip to WI and we had to wait over an hour for a car.
I've shown up at a no-name rental agency (on their airport shuttle, which I had to call for), only to be driven into an empty parking lot AND to find that I was second in line for the next car to arrive. They called around and drove me to a competing agency.
But my thinking is, even the "big" agencies are prolly really short on supply now, and maybe more similar to the no-name agency.

Maybe there are ways to improve your status which maybe would improve your odds?
Maybe you could somehow call upon landing and confirm your pending arrival?
Just trying to brainstorm ideas with others here...

Just make sure they are offering the same brand since you can’t mix them.
@Crazed4DisneyinSC When you book a 2nd dose appointment, they will ask you what brand your first dose was to ensure that you end up booking an appointment with the right vaccine.

I have used the specific card links each time. Cannot get that new offer 😞
Me too! Such a bummer. I'm hoping if we try again in April, it will work for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter