I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of said 13yo- you all have me thinking again with the AU conversations. We have the Disney Visa that (thanks to all that I've learned here) no longer gets regular use. I know it's not a great card, but I love having Elsa in my wallet and I do enjoy having the Disney dollars when we visit WDW.

I'm thinking that this would be a great card for her to have as her first AU. Can I request it for her through SM or do I need to call? Will she get her own card in her own name?
Yes, she can get a Disney Visa with her own name (it will be the same number as yours). She can also select her favorite card design. Since I don't use the card, it is easy to see DD's charges. Also, you can set up alerts to your phone anytime the card is used. I love this feature for my younger DD! Also, I always give both DDs their own AU or employee cards to help me meet my MSR. They know what charges go on each one or they will text me to check first. Even with no MSR, they each carry at least 2 of my cards and I encourage them to use them for all of their own expenses too, however small. Then I just separate their expenses each month and pay their portion from their own checking account. It works great for us!

I think you can apply for an AU card online.

Yes! DD got a Plat AU first (because that was DH's main card) but not everyone took Amex, so she needed a Visa, and even though we rarely used the Disney one that's the one we gave her - she had Nemo back then. The card will have their name on it, but as the person on the main account you are responsible for all the charges. The next step, once DD was 18, was having her apply for her own ccard through our credit union (once she had a part-time job).

I haven't seen any offers recently but for a while different cards would offer points to add authorized users.

AU's also get to share the age of the account so long as you keep the card. My DD still has an AU on an account I have had since 2000. Her card says 'member since' the year I gave it to her.

I haven't seen any offers recently but for a while different cards would offer points to add authorized users.

AU's also get to share the age of the account so long as you keep the card. My DD still has an AU on an account I have had since 2000. Her card says 'member since' the year I gave it to her.

Yep, for while AMEX was doing it and that's how DD got a gold AU and DM got both a Plat and a Gold one. :rotfl: Neither of them even have the cards since they really didn't want them, but were nice enough to let us get the bonus points for them. Now that DD has her own points-earning cards I guess we can't really play that game anymore.

My DS is interested in aerospace, so when we take a quick mom/son trip to hopefully see the manned launch in mid-April, we've scheduled a campus tour of Florida Tech. Any recommendations for restaurants or other interesting places to visit in the Melbourne area?

Last edited:

Question: How can I transfer my hubs' chase freedom points to my CSP? I added his card number to my account but it only gives me the option of transferring all my points to him. Does he need to add my account number so he can transfer his points to me?

I couldn't resist the new Alaska biz offer DoC posted about. Miles are low 40k, but normal for the biz and has a $200 statement credit for only 2k spend. I'll probably use this to make one of my estimated tax payments. This will also let me cancel my personal card in the fall when the AF hits and apply for it again when it has a high offer since it's a 24 month rule now on the personal.

Got instant approval on this as well, makes me feel better after chase's big fat no at the end of last year. Plus I can always use more AS miles for future WDW trips.

Congrats on your DHs approval party:
:tink:That you are approved on recon
Do you each have similar stats with Chase in regard to number of applications, cards and CL ?
Yes virtually identical
If you figure them out let me know. How many chase business cards did you each have before applying?
We both have 2 chase biz cards, both still open. And opened around the same time. Our pacing is very similar.

My Paypal is still missing but I did manage to get Wine Insiders to credit the offer without any chat intervention so that's a win. I've used it 3x, the first 2 didn't post but I chatted with Wine Insiders and they gave me a $30 refund which doesn't count against my 3x Amex Offers. I think I'm going to give everyone wine for their birthdays.
Shoot ... You just missed my birthday last month (unless you wanna send a belated gift?)
Is there a way for authorized users to see their credit scores, as many of the cards now provide this benefit? I’d like to do add my 20 year old as an AU, as I believe she has no credit history, but I worry she may have something on her credit (that I don’t know about) which would negatively affect my credit somehow if I add her as an AU.
I added DD at 13 to Amex cards. Told her the Platinum was Gold color, and the Gold was Rose Gold color, and to not ask why.

Agent said they reported all good stuff to her history, and if I were to miss a payment that would only go on my credit. All benefit no negative for AU.

The only possible disadvantage (with Amex) that I can imagine is their once in a lifetime language. Not sure if that would hurt her future SUBs or not?

Everyone: At what age do Chase and/or Discover allow AUs? I know Amex is 13 years old. Thanks

Guess what I finally have?! Chase was zero help when I SM'd them. "Let's wait a few more days." Now I get to jump on this spend, thankfully taxes will cover some of it. My Plat is almost done, almost exclusively grocery and gas purchases. I may end up shifting all of that, instead of only some, over if I'm cutting it close on the CIC.

Looks like it's time for me to apply for a DiscoverIt. P2 has reached the end of his first year. I'll wait until closer to next quarter.

I have to say, after sitting dormant for most of last year, it's kind of fun to be back in the game and planning next moves.

Shoot ... You just missed my birthday last month (unless you wanna send a belated gift?)

I added DD at 13 to Amex cards. Told her the Platinum was Gold color, and the Gold was Rose Gold color, and to not ask why.

Agent said they reported all good stuff to her history, and if I were to miss a payment that would only go on my credit. All benefit no negative for AU.

The only possible disadvantage (with Amex) that I can imagine is their once in a lifetime language. Not sure if that would hurt her future SUBs or not?

Everyone: At what age do Chase and/or Discover allow AUs? I know Amex is 13 years old. Thanks
Chase does not have an age restriction. DS has been added before he hit double digits.

Adding an AU has no impact on their future ability to apply for the card and earn a bonus.

My DS is 17 and heading to college in the Fall of 2022 😢😢. Is there anything I can/should be doing now to help him establish credit? He’s got a debit card attached to his checking account that he uses for all of his expenses. I’m wondering if I should make him an AU on one of our accounts (DH and I have CFF, CFU, CSP and CSR)? I wouldn’t actually give him a card or let him charge to the account 😂, but would being an AU help him build a credit history and be helpful down the line? Or not really?

DS22 has been an authorized user on a couple of our cards for about 4 years. he has no credit in his own name. Yesterday I pulled his credit score- its 750. so yes , being an AU will help.

Two points to Kaiser for making it super easy to schedule our needed COVID tests for HI online so we are all set for that requirement.

I made dinner reservations for The Signature at Ala Moana Hotel for his birthday meal. Hopefully the steak is as good as the reviews.

Not ready for the drastic time zone change but excited to be checking some boxes. We’ll have to go back to check more boxes since we are only visiting Oahu.

Thanks! Do you know of anywhere that lists the actual restaurant numbers?
no list that I found

Instant approval for DH for CIC. Wish I could figure Chase out. DH has had more recent inquiries, more new cards, slightly lower credit score, we used the same business structure. He got instant approval and I was denied. Still haven’t gotten around to calling recon on mine, but I do plan to.
congrats to your DH and sorry you were denied. do you have spend on both your cards?

Thanks! I was hoping to just mobile order but it seems like we better go in to be safe. Do you know if you can call and talk to a chef? I’m just worried going in and asking will take even longer because then they still have to make the food. It’ll be hard to keep ds entertained for too long.
Do you mean for TS or QS? We've done tons of allergy orders over the years, as I'm sure you know, and if it's TS meals, you can google the number of the restaurant to talk to the restaurant in advance. Not sure if they will allow you to talk to a chef but you could certainly explain your circumstances and see if they would relay your message. Typically, the chef comes to your table to discuss your allergy needs and then prepares the meal accordingly. When we first started going to wdw, we had to avoid so much for ds12 (like almost everything!) and peanuts for dd20.

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I've visited! I've been on kind of a break from the DIS and not really on the boards at all. It was a good and much needed break but I'm going to try to plug back in as I can.

Life has gotten so busy for me and I'm not really sure how it happened. I think my dh working from home has contributed. I just don't have as much downtime in my days cause when I finish up schooling, I tend to go sit and chat with him for a few mins before on to the next thing. I have always homeschooled so not much change there but my college kiddo is online only so she is home all the time and pops into my day between classes. My senior is in-person for her high school classes and at home for her college classes so she is in and out all the time. I'm so blessed though that we are all 6 at home together. My dd's will both be leaving for college in the fall and it's gonna be hard. DD20 will be 2 hours away and DD18 will be 25 mins away but neither living at home. I *think* this is going to create more time in my day but it's so hard to know. All I do know is that I'm gonna miss them like crazy :( So I try not to think about it!!! I got just a small taste when dd20 was in the dcp and it was hard!

So, on the cc front, I've been working my way through chase biz and an amex biz plat. I now have 4 players though I really only use 3 of us. I've not done much with the P4 but I need to work more on that. Trips on the horizon include dd18's grad trip which mostly are FL options, but not WDW, and also looking at HHI. That will hopefully be in June or July. We want to do some road trips this summer as a family so gotta work that in. Dh & I are planning wdw for us and the boys in late Aug/early Sept. We've been to wdw twice since they reopened and while not ideal, we still had a good time so we would like to head back before they get super busy for the 50th. Oh, and we want to get a trip in to TX to visit fam and friends. Still trying to figure that out lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter